Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:40:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 346
Total: 347

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies' Thread #45: Pozitively Beautiful, Pozitively Amazing, Pozitively Poz!  (Read 49887 times)

tendai

Re: Ladies' Thread #45: Pozitively Beautiful, Pozitively Amazing, Pozitively Poz!
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2008, 05:16:16 am »
hie ladies

viv - yes thats the one. i just hope he isnt getting funny ideas, i'd hate to be rude to him. im starting to feel suffocated with all the calls and texts, ungrateful cow that i am :)

we seem to have a deal now with the talks between mugabe and the opposition.  hopefully its going to make a difference in the way things are with the economy coz things are just about to go crazy with the introduction of shops and businesses being allowed to charge in foreign currency. we're going to hve crazy prices and woe betide those of us who have no access to foreign currency.  fingers crossed it wont be a disaster.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Ladies' Thread #45: Pozitively Beautiful, Pozitively Amazing, Pozitively Poz!
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2008, 09:15:30 am »
Morning ladies,

Netta, I'm glad you're doing better.

Tendai, they're going to use foreign money there?  I don't understand how they can do that.  We use Canadian money here, in most things except vending machines and washers/dryers. 

Wendy, how are you feeling?

Cin, I don't think I would be able to take working around all those catty women.  I hate stuff like that.  I'm glad you're handling things though.  I understand you need the job.

Jamie, what's going on?  Did the kids get back?

Snow, are you feeling any better?  Hey, I can't feel those powers you're sending me regarding my homework.  I still can't understand it.

Cristy, good to hear things are still going well with Mr. SC.  I hope you get good news with your hearing concerning your disability.

Andrea, I'm glad you're liking your classrooms.

Keeping, I've just been real busy the past couple days.

I'm tired this morning.  I realize it's already 9:00.  I need to clean, and take a shower.  They're supposed to bring my new frig today and I still have to call them to find out what time they're bringing it.  I want to tell them to wait until Monday so I can get some more sleep, but of course I won't do that.  I have things to do Monday already.  A friend of mine is moving back up this way and I promised her I'd take her to housing for an appointment she has at 10:00, and a couple more places. 

Yesterday was an all-day training thing I was asked to go to by my ASO.  So, I went with some ladies down there.  It was in Gary, which is about an hour-hour and 15 minutes away.  They picked me up at 7:30 a.m. and I didn't get home until around 6:45 p.m. last night.  It was about returning to work being on social security.  And what I found out is that it really doesn't pay to do that.  Not if one wants to make any money anyway.  I saw a guy there I've known for awhile (he's been in NA for about 15 years and positive that long, probably longer).  We decided it's best to be life-long students. ;)  Truthfully though, I wouldn't want to re-enter the work world to be taken off disaiblity.  It's just not worth it.  And the "ticket-to-work" program they have here is kind of a joke.  No real incentives to do it. 

The day before yesterday I had an appointment at the Y to see if I could get a scholarship to have a membership.  The guy said I could join for $15/month.  I'm running really short on funds this month, so I'm going to have to wait to pay it until next month (and make sure it's alright to wait that long).  He also said I could take the classes they have there for 50% off the price for other members.  I don't know if I'll be able to do that or not, but I'm looking forward to when I can start working out there.

I stll don't understand the Microeconomics class.  I just hope I make it through these last six weeks and pass the damn thing.  I don't have a math mind at all.  My best friend does, and said she'd try to help me with it.  I also e-mailed my old algebra teacher, but she's teaching full-time now at another university. 

Other than that, my government class is going alright.  Next week we have a test (already).   I'm going to call the frig place in a couple minutes and find out what time they're going to deliver it.  Then I'll probably take a shower and clean until they get here.  I have to clear everything off the top of my frig that's here now.  I'm sure that's going to stir up tons of dust.  I can't imagine the dust that's going to get stirred when they bring in the new frig.  This one has been in here for I don't know how long (but it's been years) and there's never been any dusting done under it (I don't even think it's possible) or anything else.  Yikes.  Anyway, you ladies have a good day and I'll try to be back around later.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2008, 01:31:11 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Been kind of busy plus my shoulder has been bothering me the past few days. I am still doing good with the shots, I am up to 17 units tonight. Cindy, thanks for sending me that PM, now I know what to look for. I am scheduled for a dietary class on the 24th. I can't help it, I am hooked on couscous. I just bought some more yesterday when I went shopping. But I also bought stuff for a salad and some brussel sprouts too.

Betty, You're lucky, you got a Y membership for 15 a month. I have an application for a membership that my sister brought me. I think they charge her almost a 100 that was why I was trying to go for a monthly guest pass which is 60, not much better, I know.

Things have been going well with Sexy. He called me one day to discuss a message I had left him. He totally took it the wrong way so I had to explain myself but it ended up being a decent conversation and we are on the same page about things. He works construction and since it rained today, he didn't have to work. He left me a message early this morning. I haven't returned his call yet, not that I don't want to, just trying not to be eager.... ;D

The landlord drama continues, I am going to have to sue him. After talking to him twice, he kept saying he would leave the money. This morning, I get a letter in my mailbox dated August 27th with some bogus fees which happens to add up to the 150 he owes me. He didn't even know when the 30 days was up when I talked to him the first time. I think he typed this letter up last night and put it in my mailbox. So, next check day I will be filing against him. What an ass and I hate when someone tries to insult my intelligence. I may be ghetto fabulous but I am not an idiot.

Hey,good to hear from you Christy. Glad things are going well for you.

Cindy, you need another job and quick. I can see you going off on somebody.

Tendai...*shakes head*...Girl, you like me, we sure know how to pick em, eh? :D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2008, 05:22:36 pm »
I'm doing ok.

The house is full of drama right now. Billy's son and his girlfriend and the baby are temporarily "supposedly" living with us.
Their lease was up and he is in the hiring process of a job with a small town sheriffs department. I'm trying not to be too obviously ugly but I've made an ass of myself I'm sure a couple of times at least.
I guess I don't share space too well when I have gotten used to my routine.

It's no big deal really. I just liked things the way they where. Privacy and such.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2008, 07:12:14 pm »
Good Friday evening my sweeties!  We made it home about 6pm tonight.  Everything is unpacked, put away, kids have been fed (cereal), and are now in bed (yes, I know it's 7pm).  I'd like to say that this week was undramatic and low-key, but that would be a total lie. 

The drive up was beautiful and fast.  We made really good time - 400 miles in 8hrs.  Not bad considering there were 11 of us with 6 under 11yrs old.  Monday at the beach was good and Monday night the kids slept like rocks.  Tuesday was OK. 

Then, Tuesday night happened: #6 rolled out of bed and hit her head on the nightstand.  We just got her settled back down to sleep, between Hubby and me, when our oldest son let out a blood curling SCREAM!  I jumped outta bed, went to run over to where he and #2 were sleeping, forgot #4 was asleep on the floor, stepped on her which sent her into terror screaming, threw her on our bed on top of #6 - CRAP, made it the 5 steps to #1 only to find out that #2 had an accident and peed all over #1!  WHEW!  Ok, #1 and #2 got cleaned up, Hubby went scouting for clean sheets (it's just after 2:30am), got the bed washed (it was a eurobed) and remade.  Everyone was sound asleep.

As if that wasn't enough, Wednesday happened.  We woke up to rain and decided to go to the Aquarium.  It's actually 2 buildings connected by a 1/3 mile nature walk.  On the walk to bldg. #2, we saw a cute little squirrel that my mom and youngest son decided needed, for some rediculous reason, a french fry.  Our youngest son (#5) wouldn't hold still enough for the squirrel to grab the fry, so my mom took over.  To make a very dramatic story short, the stupid thing not only took the fry, but bit my mom completely through her finger then scratched her hand and arm with its little beady paws.  So, now mom's bleeding and jumping around, the kids are yelling, #2 decides to pretend faint which actually gets more attention than the blood pouring down my mom's arm.  Now we're drawing a crowd, the girls are crying, #2 keeps "reviving" and "re-fainting" and I'm just standing there watching the stupid squirrel eat the french fry.  Ok, we get mom all bandaged up but she refuses to go see a doctor because, to her, the squirrel didn't look rabid.  Good grief!

Fast forward to this morning when we're trying to leave.  Our hotel, the Turtle Cay, stretches between 6th and 7th street.  Well, come to find out that a man wanted for murder ran from the cops and holed himself up in "some hotel" between 9th and 13th streets.  Both main roads, Atlantic and Pacific, are blocked off and patrons in all those hotels weren't able to leave.  The crazy thing is that the cops aren't even 100% sure that the guy is still in that "some" hotel but are treating it like a hostage situation. 

And, to top it all off, my brother from Louisiana came with us (he's single, by the way, long naturally curly hair, 38 in December, never been married, no kids, and a steady job ;D).  He's supposed to go back home Sunday but we're not sure if he'll be able to get there.

Wow, if you've made it all the way through that, kudoes and moochies to you!  Winnie, I'm like you, hun, I don't like people messing up my groove or invading my space.  I like visitors, I just don't like visitors who have no "leave by" date.

Love to you all!  Have a great and safe Saturday!
Mum :-*
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2008, 09:03:41 pm »
LOL jeez mum you have had a tough one.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2008, 09:04:52 pm »
 :D :D :D LOL! Mum...the squirrel part is SOOOO FUNNY!! I'm sure it feels good to be back!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2008, 12:08:11 am »
Mum~  I'm just happy the damn squirrel got the French fry, he must have been hungry!  JK   ;D   OMG your writing gave me a good laugh!   "Fainting and reviving" by #2!   :D   You guys are hilarious!!

Queen~  Glad I set you strait on carbs, everything in moderation.  :)  Sucks about your landlord, give 'em hell, hee hee!  Glad things are going well with Sexy  ;)

Win~  Sorry things are cramped at your casa.  That's a lot of people under one roof.  Good thing you have the laundry couch, right?   ;)

BT~  I always stayed away from ECON classes in college, but I liked statistics and math.  :)  Student for life, huh?  I am so glad to be done, that stuff burned me out!

Tendai~  Sounds like you have yourself  *drumroll please*  a LEG HUMPER.  I know its nice to have attention, but us girls like a challenge, too!  I hope he backs down some.  As for the wealthy men dressed perfectly?  Enjoy yourself a little eye candy GF!  ;)

Hello to Keeping and Viv!  :)

Cristy~  Howdy, stranger!  I know how you feel, dragging your ass to work.  I am exhausted.  We're supposed to get rest, yet we're supposed to earn a living?  Its impossible, it seems.

OK, so I got through training yesterday.  I had a spontaneous moment later in the morning and I motioned to my boss, that I needed to talk to her.  I started crying and said I couldn't take the rude remarks and the attitude from PITA anymore.  She sat us both down in private after lunch.  I did almost all of the talking.  Turns out that when another girl in my dept started a few years ago, she and PITA had trouble too, cause PITA kept antagonizing her!  I couldn't believe it!!  You think the little shit would learn by now, but she's 47, she won't change. 

I cried and cried as I spoke, really talked from the heart about how my feelings were hurt and in the same breath I called her a rude bitch.   ;D  Looked her right in the eye and calmly spoke about the events that had been happening and called her a rude bitch AGAIN.   Unprofessional, immature, disrespectful BITCH.  Oh my delivery was superb except for tears running down my face.  PITA kept saying that Weds morning she wasn't rude to me, I kept insisting that she WAS.  Over and over I said you were a full-on rude BITCH to me and I don't deserve to be spoken to that way when I am minding my business, sharing a work area with you for a minute or two.  I told her that I understood her sarcastic, joking personality and that's not why I wanted to have this talk.  I said she had been a BITCH to me (Did I mention that she was acting like a BITCH?  :D).

My manager was quiet, letting me vent and PITA denied being rude to me.

After an hour, she agreed that she had been nasty.  (I win.)  I really don't care if she ignores me anymore, its actually a relief, but to instigate stuff like a schoolgirl and then I have to suppress the urge to go off on her, well, its not good for my health.   :P 

Whew.  BITCH.  LOL.

I went to group tonight and helped put together brochures for our annual gala tomorrow night.  I have never been, since I just missed it last year.  Its mostly guys in drag dancing and carrying on, and its supposed to be a riot. 

One guy in my group spoke with me about my increasing difficulty with the balance issues.  He said it sounded like sleep apnea.  I don't know.  I am a tummy sleeper, so maybe I'm not getting enough air, lol.  He gave me the name of his neurologist, so I am going to get a second opinion. 

More this weekend.  I meet Ice's oldest on Sunday.  The Baltimore Ravens game is moved to Monday cause of the hurricane, it looks pretty bad down there.  Win, will you get the effects from the rain bands up where you are?  Stay safe.

Love to all, esp the squirrel who got the French fry.  (JK, Mum!  I love your stories!)

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 12:11:02 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Tatenda

• africa has beautiful people
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2008, 02:35:22 am »
i am a bit of a lurker now i just read the posts and then dont post. i have an excuse as usual........maybe i am lookin  for sympathy, i dont know but anyway i am back in school again. today i had a meeting on my degree requirements, i am more confused than ever . My baby , who isnt a baby anymore turned a few weeks back is teething.........and she cant get whats wrong she bit me today and then bit herself , poor thing her molars are comin out . so i hv decided to come back to the forum even if the Bf reads my posts, they r my posts and my feelings so if reads somethin he isnt suppose to ........too bad

Mom1 welcome to the forums. how is Lucas doing?

Minismom, u r right we mighthv to use yo first name now. you had me pissing on myself with the while squirrel drama......................u gotta love kids!! i hope yo mum is ok. as for #2 thats a diva mentality right there watch out for that one LMAO. but its cute and a damn good story when u tell people hey

Betty, Hi and where r u exactly whr u use canadian money forgive me if u hv mentioned it before, my memory gets the better of me sometimes.

Queen,  how r things goin now with the diabetes? as for yo Llord .........he is an ass. you shld sue him.

Wniroo. i honestly hate living with other people. i love my sapce n routine, love to sleep naked, walk around my apartment naked, leave my mess anywhr and not care who will take oofence becoz.....ITS JUST ME . yet evry time a friend moves to my town, i invite them to stay with me rather than see them go live in a shelter or something just as horrible. recently my friends sister moved in with me for 2 months. her sister who is my friend had moved to another town and she didnt want to move with her so she asked to stay with me for a month or 2..........biggest mistake of my life. she is a sweet child but i dont work...she did she shld hv bought groceries or something considering she wasnt payin any rent but did she?? nope. so for now i am not takin in any guests.
i feel u on that one personal space is very vital

Tendai, well if he is called rumbi i get the confusion. from yo threda lately i can sense you need to get laid if u r drolling over patients relatives. so GET LAID !!!!!!nhai Tendai tell me something do they hv support groups back home?

Cindy, good on you for letting PITA know you will not let her walk all over you like that.

OH anyone;s birthday i missed, Tendai, Betty and Mahalia.....Happy birthday ladies

i know i missed a few ladies my bad, Netta I am soory to hear about you puppy,

okay back to my Lurking , will touch base with all you fine ladies soon. Stay blessed
The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.

Offline NothingButSunshine

Re: Ladies' Thread #45: Pozitively Beautiful, Pozitively Amazing, Pozitively Poz
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2008, 03:38:21 am »
HEY LADIES! It's been such a LONG time since I've posted, probably a month or longer! It's been a heck of a month or longer I can tell you all, but I'm terribly sorry for quote unquote ditching you lovely ladies for so long.

I haven't gotten a chance to catch up on all the posts and threads yet, and I don't know when I'll have the chance to seeing as Hurricane Gustav, spilt half of a 30 or more year old tree in my backyard (which luckily did not fall on my house) but it did fall on our cable/internet line and the cable company cannot hook it back up until the tree is removed which I am waiting on my landlord to take care of. I'm on the internet at a friends house. Anyway, it was chaotic as East Baton Rouge parish was on the east side of the storm and we suffered quite a bit of damage, and now after almost 2-3 weeks (hell I've lost track of time) about 30% of the city is still without power, but almost 100% percent lost it, and it took a week for power to come back on for us. When the electricity went out it blew out our brand new TV which we discovered when the power came back on, it also screwed up our water heater, so I've been taking cold showers for almost 2 weeks, but I'm trying not to complain because as I said, some are still without power, but it's starting to get annoying, and our landlord is waiting on the damn insurance company to tell her whether or not they'll take care of the water heater, when she needs to just get us one! I have a few abscesses, which the doctor has given me meds for, along with instructions to take hot showers and hot baths soaking in a 1/4 cup of bleach when taking a bath...but uhm, yeah...no hot water. I hate hurricanes.

I've also been SO busy at work because I work in a restaurant, and my restaurant was one of the first places to get power so we were swamped, its starting to slow down now though. Its been a tough ordeal for the whole town. I can't wait for things to get back to normal.

So before the hurricane I was under a lot of heavy stress, anxiety, and depression (the hurricane added to it) so heavy it was beginning to get to be too much to handle. I saw the doctor a few days ago and he has prescribed me Paxil and Clonazepam. I'm supposed to take the Paxil everyday, and the Clonazepam when I'm actually having a panic attack. I've been taking them for 3 days now and I feel a bit strange but not in a bad way, I just really cannot explain it. I'm wondering when I might feel a difference in my mood, but of course Aunt Flo has decided to show up so yeah you all now how moods get with that. I'm just really not too thrilled about being on antidepressants, though. I don't want to experience any bad side effects, guess we'll see how it goes...

Anyway ladies, I have so much catching up to do, and I could type a book about what's going on with me, but I'll save it for another time. I really just wanted to pop in and say hello to you LOVELY LADIES :). Hopefully the tree will be removed soon so I can get my internet/cable working again so I can resume chatting with you ladies. I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU LADIES!!! *BIG HUGS* Hope to talk to you all soon!         
                     NothingButSunshine

« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 04:07:15 am by NothingButSunshine »
"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." -Confucius

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2008, 04:10:44 am »
Hey Everyone..just a quick update..hope all is well wih all my beautiful sisters..thanks to all who sent the myspace requests...Everyone is beautiful!

Yes the kids are back!!..my son grew an inch..is almost 4 foot 2 now..(hes 6)..my baby still small n petite, but talkin more than ever with something sort of an accent...I know they spoke Creole in the household so may be she picked up on that...I have them in school..having trouble finding uniform shirts..but im off thsi weekend to try n find a few...

I am goin back to school for Human Resource Manangemnt/Psychology..I will be startin in Jan..which is exciting..I am waiting to see how much I can get from financial Aid..I should be hearing from them shortly..cant wait...

its 4 am..I went to bed at like 10..in woke up at 330...hungry as hell..but i didnt eat anything...i smoked a cig..( oh yeah i havent been on in  awhile to tell yall that..) but I am on my o try and stop again..esp with the lil ones back on the house...

Ill be back on later..gonna get a big cup of Pepsi n watch some TV..I love you all Ladies...Have a blessed Weekend!
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2008, 08:43:32 am »
Win- I am the same way, I can't stand having people in my house either.

Queen- Glad you had a good talk with Sexy.

Mum- Welcome Back!  I am glad you survived the beach, very funny stories, I can totally relate to stepping on someone.

Betty- Sorry my super pwers didn't work, hopefully your friend that is good with Math can shed some light.  I was actually thinking of going back to work too, I thought there might be some hope with the ticket to work, but maybe not.

Moon- That is good you got to vent to your boss and PITA and that she finally admitted to being a bitch.  Hopefully things will get better.

Tat-  Glad your back and posting, your right, it is what it is, maybe it can help to understand where you are coming from.

Nothing-  Sorry to hear about the tree and all the mess.  Do you have a big pot you can boil water on the stove with?  If you put about 1/2 the tub with water and a couple of pots of boiling you might be in business.

Wish- Nice to hear from you.  Glad the kiddos are back safe and sound.  We are doing uniforms up here too.  Makes the mornings a little easier, although my daughter is not to happy about having to wear blue.

I am so glad it is the weekend.  My oldest had football practice in the rain yesterday which sucked and he has a game on Sunday. I have been talking to his fathers wife about a letter she got and then my son got one too, just so you know what an idiot he is the last the line was "I am passed stocking".  WTF?  If there is anyone you deal with that you have to follow the "Actions speak louder than words" rule it is him.   I started a thread in- living with- about the other shit, I  am so fed up with this guy, I don't know what to do?  I have tried for 10 years now to pretend that everything is honkey dory for my sons benefit and I can't do it anymore.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
Re: Ladies' Thread #45: Pozitively Beautiful, Pozitively Amazing, Pozitively Poz
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2008, 09:00:26 am »
Morning Ladies.  Mini'smum, sounds like you had quite a vacation. Just for future reference, ALL Rodents bite. Glad he got his french fry but wow, what a scene. Bleeding mom, fainting son.  As always, you are my hero, I would be bald if I tried to deal with all you do. I would pull all of my hair out.  Still sounds like a good time for all.                                            Sorry about the unwanted houseguests, Win. It's hard to adjust to living with others especially if it's just been you and Billy for a long time.  Snow, I got a couple of those actions speak louder than words in my family. Mainly my brother and oldest son. Hope things get better.               Moon, glad you got that woman to admit she was being a bitch. You shouldn't have to deal with that.                                                        Betty, hope the Y works out. Thanks for the well wishes.                         Queen, sorry about your landlord. Sounds like he is just trying to get over on you.  Glad you and sexy are doing well.                             Not much going on today. I am actually off work and chilling.   Have a great day , ladies.       Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2008, 11:09:37 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, I'm with you.  I love couscous.  It's so hard for me to watch carbs like pasta, rice, things like that.  Cin has been living with this longer and I'm sure can give you better advice than I.   It seems like you should be able to join the Y for less than that ridiculous $60.  With me, the application they had me fill out had the money I have coming in (disability) and the money I have going out each month.  Actually, it left like $5.  I'm on the very low end of disability.  The last time I worked (other than that month and a half stint at the telemarketing last year) was like 15 or 16 years ago.  I didn't make much money when I did work ($9/hour).  Anyway, I had to bring proof of everything to the guy who does the scholarship thing and he figured it out.  I don't understand why it would cost you that much.   As for your landlord, he's a snake.  Sue the hell outa him.

Wendy, you know, I don't like people living with me either.  I suppose I wouldn't mind if I had a huge house to where I wouldn't have to see them every day.  How long will they be staying there?

Mum, heh.  That didn't sound like such a good vacation.  Hilarious nonetheless.  I know it wasn't funny when it was happening, but you sure make it sound funny.  How you do it, I'll never know.

Cin, you go girl!  I'm so glad you let the cunt have it!  It must have made you feel better.  And good luck meeting Ice's oldest tomorrow.  I'm sure things will be fine.  Oh, and about the being a lifelong student.  I was pretty much kidding.  I couldn't stand going to school for the rest of my life.

Hey Tatenda, I live in Indiana in the U.S.  I've heard the Canadian money doesn't really have a lot of value, and all we have here are coins, no paper money (if there is any).  Your poor baby, teething (ugh).  So, does your bf actually read your posts here, or are you unsure?  That would bother me.  It would make me feel like he was invading my privacy.

Sunshine, wow.  Good to hear from you.  I had to remember exactly who you were, then I remembered all the physical stuff you had going on before.  Abcesses are no fun, no fun at all.  I used to get them years ago.  I hope things improve for you.  I think Snow gave you some good advice about boiling the water and putting it in the tub.  Maybe you could try that.

Wish, good for you going back to school.  So, you started smoking again?  Hey, I don't down anyone who does it.  I've felt like getting some cigarettes these past couple days.  It's so good to hear from you.

Snow, what exactly did SB mean by "I am done stocking?"  That doesn't even make any sense.  You know, that ticket to work I believe is for people who are sure they don't need disability anymore.   At least that's what it sounded like.  It's scarey to me to think about that.

Cristy, I'm glad you have a day off.  What are your plans this weekend?

Whew.  I think I got everybody.  I am a bit upset this morning over a member who got banned.  It just pisses me off that some people are so thin-skinned.  The member that got banned, whether or not he was nice when doling out advice, was always spot-on.  Anyway, I don't want to talk too much about it here. 

Today it's been pouring rain and is supposed to all weekend.  My best friend is supposed to come over and we're supposed to go to the Salvation Army.  They're having dollar day.  Everything-clothes, shoes, etc.-is a dollar.  And sometimes there's good buys.  I've gotten a pair of Calvin Klein jeans there before for a dollar.  So, I think she's also going to help me with my microecon homework. 

My best gay friend took me out for supper last night.  He got me a DVD player for a late birthday present (mine quit about a month ago).  It always puts me in amazement about the few good friends I have and how they're such good friends.  I really don't know what I've done to deserve that.  Lord knows I've been evil a lot of my life.  Anyway......  you ladies have a good day.  I'll probably check back in later.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline netta

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2008, 02:20:15 pm »
Hi  Ladies, just checking in. My internet is off, so i can't get online as much now. I am at my dd and on her computer. Wow times are hard, gas goneup almost 5.00. I hope none of you were caught in the the hurricane. Wendy_I hope you and your family are fine.
Betty,Queen,Snow,tendai, tatenda,moon,vivt, mum,cjc.sunshine, wishful,blessed,mini mom. drag,shout out!!!
to all of you and anyone else I forgot. luv netta

« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 02:23:06 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2008, 02:49:16 pm »
Hey, Win, check in when you can.  I know you're way north of Galveston and even Houston, but I imagine you're getting some rain?  Let us know how things are with you, just in case.  Got your hip-waders ready, or at least duck boots?  ;)

~ Cindy

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2008, 06:16:26 pm »
Betty- That was nice of your friend to buy you a DVD for your b-day.  My Dad made me a bench for the dining room table that all the kids can sit on, much better fit now, AND it has storage under the seat :)
Unfortunately, my sons father can not read or write very well.  When he wrote " I am passed stocking" he meant " I am past stalking"  like following me around and acting crazy or showing up and acting a fool, like I would ever believe him.

We just got back from tag sale-ing with the kids.  Didn't find much today.  We did stop and ask a lady about her dog, it was freakin HUGE.  She said she was 187 lbs!!  She was a real cool looking dog with a brindle coat, an American Bull Mastiff, I think is what she said.  I tried weighing our dog the other day with the bathroom scale and he was around 90 lbs and I think he is big, this one is more than double him.  I can't imagine how much she eats.

Hi Netta and Cristy!!  Win hope things go well for you weather wise.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2008, 09:33:00 pm »
It's raining its pouring the old man is snoring.
The weather is nothing serious here. Just rain and a little wind. We are A-OK. No problemo.

The rest of the family is in Houston aside from the kids living with us and my son of course.
Our weather conditions are nothing really. Just rain. The family members in Houston do not have electric but they are dry and their houses are in order. One had a downed tree and fence. I haven't heard any other complaints or problems from anyone else. I assume they are ok. There are too many of them to come up here and stay with me thats for sure. Plus Billy's Step dad cant be moved his cancer is too far advanced.

We have three bedrooms here so we have the space for the kids. I'm like Tatenda I want to be able to walk around naked if I want to LOL and not worry about anyone taking my last soda. Plus I'd like to know for sure when they plan on leaving. I'm funny that way. But I am only bitching to ya'll about it I haven't said anything to anyone else and I wont unless it gets too crazy.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2008, 10:42:12 pm »
Hey ladies,

I just wanted to share a couple more (very) past pictures of me.  The first one is me and my ex-partner (she's the one with the long hair).  The 2nd one is me in the wheelchair, my ex-partner to the left, and a friend to the right. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline minismom

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2008, 10:53:10 pm »
Winni, I'm glad to know that you are safe.  Hubby's neice is a 3rd year medical resident in Houston and she had to stay.  We haven't heard from her, but hoping she was smart enough to stay at the hospital and not her apartment.  Believe me, hun, I know how you feel about "visitors".  It always seems the family type never seem to move on.  

Snow, I'm with you to on the table space and storage situation.  We don't have an attic or a basement hence the building of the barn last year.  We still never seem to have enough room no matter how much I taper things down.  The bench with storage underneath sounds awesome.

Netta, sorry about your internet.  Is it down because of the weather?  I forget where you live, I'm sorry.  When we filled-up yesterday at VA Beach, we only paid $3.69.  Whoever in their right mind ever thought we'd be "happy" paying $3.69 for a gallon of gas?  When we got home, it was $3.79 and up to $4.05 in some places.  Crap, we're not anywhere NEAR an ocean and our gas keeps going up.

Cindy, hun, I have been keeping up with your work situation and I'm so sorry.  Mean people suck - what else can I say?  I think you're handling it better than I would.  I'm nice to a point, but then i go from zero to full-goose bozo in .002 seconds.  

Betty, it's been raining here, too.  I read your post in "AMG" - do you really think you'll be able to make it to Boston?  It would be SO wonderful to see you there.  Of course, it'll be our 2nd meeting - the 1st being at your college graduation in May ;D.  And, yes, I promise to leave..lol.  Sorry about your econ class.  Is there anything that i can help you out with?  Just let me know, I'm happy to help.  Congrats on your continuing non-smoking status.  I'm really proud of you. :-*

I managed to get all the laundry done today that was left over from before we went on vacation.  Then, #4 had an accident and didn't bother to tell me when i was doing laundry.  She never said anything until it was time to go to bed.  I kept smelling something, but thought it was the bathroom.  Good gravy, I sprayed the better part of a can of Lysol and Febreeze all over the bathroom all day long and it turns out it was her bed. I had to open the bathroom window to get rid of the chemical cloud. Oh, well...

I'm expecting a call from Mini's PID on Monday to let me know what her new med will be.  I'm preparing for a fight, but praying she'll just indulge me and get my poor baby off Zerit.  Monday we also start school, dance, and #1 has a baseball game that I'm going to miss :(.  I guess "free time" has to end sometime, I just wish it wouldn't end in 2 days. Or, at least, that I could ease in to the routine instead of jumping in headlong and sideways.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful Saturday.  Enjoy tomorrow because life begins again on Monday. :-\  Much love to you all. :-*

Mum

edited to add: Betty, we posted at the same time.  How long ago where those pictures taken?  Was that during your wasting or just after? 

« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 10:56:11 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2008, 11:17:34 pm »
Mum, short of doing all my homework and taking my exams, there's really not much you can do.  The pics are immediately after the worst part of the wasting I had.  Now, please indulge me.  This is the last pic I'll post (at least for awhile).  This is me and my bro about two summers ago.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline vivyt

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2008, 12:20:30 pm »
Good Morning!

Winn- Glad to hear things are ok. I'm not too big on having guest either. Hang in there!

Mum-I know I've said this a few times but I am going to say it again...I don't know how you do it all! You are definitely a blessing to those children as I am sure they are a blessing to you too.  :) Is the medicine that Mini's on making her sick? You talk about getting her off of it and I just wondered why.

Cindy- I hope things change for you. Are you still looking for another job?

Betty- I don't mind the pictures. I'm nosey. LOL! I like to place faces with names. I would put more pictures up but I try to avoid the camera whenever possible. How many more classes before you done with the econ?

Snow-What kind of dog do you have? To me, 90lbs is big! Mine weighs 21lbs but she thinks she is 200lbs.

Netta-I feel your pain about the gas prices. Here in California they were outrageous but they started to go down and they are finally back under $4.00. I try not to think about it because there really isn't anything I can do, I mean I have to drive to work...I know it sucks.

Well I didn't do much of anything yesterday except laundry. I was SO TIRED! I really wanted to take a nap but I fought it. Today I have to grade and lesson plan...such fun! NOT! I am sure I will find something to distract me. Have a good day!

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2008, 01:16:10 pm »
hello ladies
just dropping in to say hey and I'm alive and kicking with a little to much stress. My daughter did it again only this time she just walked out the door didn't say a word and hasn't been back she left her phone this time, so she has an EXCUSE not to call or for me to reach her. you know I'm so stressed out about her, it would be so bad if my daughter had the maturity of an 18 yr old but she doesn't she acts more like a 14 yr old she has no life skills and she doesn't use her head at all. and we're still getting to know each other, I know she is 18 and I have to let her make her own mistakes but damn it I wanted her to go to college ( and before the guy she did too) and I'm sure I was a let down when she met me I'm a recovering addict 35 and in college with aids I'm sure that I wasn't what she hoped for when we found each other. all that aside we sit down rules that she agreed to and what the punishments would be for breaking them, shoot she only had to water the plants that was her only chore, so tell  me what am I doing wrong is it to much to ask that she give me the respect of telling she's going out or to pick up the phone and let me know she's not going to be home but she is okay, or even hey look I can't go by your rules so I'm going to a friends anything just something, I know we have been apart for 5 years but I always took care of her I paid support and covered her medical expenses, and I know that doesn't fix that I wasn't there but they wouldn't let me be there in her case her father took off with her, sorry I'm just so stressed I might not be making any sense by now I have a test tomorrow I cant even seem to study my head wont stay on task.
The person you educate today maybe the one you save tomorrow :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2008, 03:59:02 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Snow, my first husband couldn't read or write well either.  He had quit school in either 6th or 8th grade and never went back.  I should have gotten what he was saying without you having to explain it-sorry. 

Mum, I'm not sure if I'll make it to Boston. I voted for Chicago because I'm only a 2 hour drive from there.  I just don't have the funds, although I understand there are grants I might be able to get.  So, who knows.  Boston would be fun to see.

Andrea, I have six more classes until the end of the econ.  Hopefully I won't have to drop it, because I have to have it to get my degree.  I've e-mailed the teacher today.  I tried again to understand it and there's an absolute block.  Anyway, have fun grading and with your lesson plans.

Wendy, I'm glad you guys are safe. 

Brandy, you not being directly in your daughter's life for the last few years is not an excuse for her to do anything she wants.  Setting rules, doling out chores etc. is what was needed.  Do you two also go to counseling?  Because that would be a big one with me.  There's a lot of stuff that needs to be worked through with a professional.  I would make that a condition.  Of course, what you do is your business.

Today is my brother's 50th birthday.  I'm going to be going out to supper with he and his girlfriend in a couple hours to this Japanese restaurant.  They cook right in front of you.  I haven't been there for almost 20 years.  The last time I went there was with my 2nd husband.  I ordered an egg roll and the waiter told me that was Chinese and this is a Japanese restaurant.  I felt kinda stupid. 

Other than that, it's been raining for the last three days.  Pouring.  We needed some rain but geesh.  Gas prices are up.  Yesterday they were, the lowest, $4.15.  I'm not sure what they are today (haven't been out yet).  Anyway, you ladies have a good evening.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2008, 05:18:40 pm »
Hey Ladies---

It's good to see everyone being so chatty. It made for some good reading. Last night my best friend talked me into going out. That was after a few glasses of gin and juice... ;D But I have to admit that I did have fun. Before all that went down, I spent a little time with Sexy. Things are still going good in that area.

Our first support group was cancelled because the lady who runs it got sick so I think they are shooting for this week coming. I still plan on going, I just hope someone shows up. I really haven't been on the computer much lately. I finally got my cable back on so I have been trying to catch up on shows I use to watch. No movie channels yet but I'm good. At the moment, I am doing laundry so I'll check back in later. And yes, I plan on suing the landlord and if I win, I can get up to 500 bucks. I have pictures I took on my digital cam but needs to know how to put them to disk so I can take them to Walmart so I can get pics made. Anyone know how?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2008, 06:27:23 pm »
Queen-
You might have a memory card in your camera, you can just take it out at Walmart or where ever and put it in those photo machines to upload your pics, they can print some for you and put them to disk.  If not, you might also be able to download to your computer and send to photobucket or snapfish or something and pay them to make and send you a disk.  Glad you had fun last night!

Betty- Happy 50th to your brother, 2 Virgos in your family, huh?  ;D  Hope you have fun at diner, don't feel bad, I would have probably done the same thing ordering.

My sons team won thier football game today, not that really understand the game at all.  I need to find a football for dummies book  :-\!  Then I just cleaned when I got home, fun, fun!!

Wow- I just noticed the members is up over 8000 and remembered when I joined earlier in the year it was only 6000 something.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2008, 07:14:23 pm »
Queen I would take the camera up to Walmart and ask them to help you.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2008, 09:58:51 pm »
Hi GFs~

I met Iceman's Oldest this afternoon, and saw Youngest again, too.  Oldest is a beauty, very sweet.  Iceman said he knew that when she came into the LR to talk to us that things would be OK.  We talked about the Jonas Brothers and Guitar Hero.  Oldest had a friend come over, that I had met before, and I got to meet her father.  Little more baby steps into meeting Iceman's peeps.  It all went much better than expected with Oldest.  :)

On my way over to Iceman's today, I called my mother to check in.  I get bitched at when I call and bitched at when I don't call.  I got ready for her asinine crap and calmly steered the conversation in a better direction.  Nope, it didn't work.  She asks why I haven't checked in and why I never do anything with she and my father.  Well, let's see, all my mother cares about is where her next glass of wine is going to come from and I have very low tolerance for that after a lifetime of watching her drink.  I know it could be worse, she could be drinking the hard stuff, but basically she is always a bitch to me, puts me down and doesn't have anything nice to say.  Hmmmm, sound familiar?  Like PITA (pain in the ass) at work?  Also, I hate the fact that my mother absolutely BLOWS through my father's money, and then has the nerve to act like she and my father have no cash, and oh its "hard to make ends meet."  They live in a 6000sq ft home on 12 acres, 30 miles NW of DC, in one of the richest suburbs in the Nation.  They are well-off, better than most people.  Dad has had his own business for about 35 years now and does well. 

So, for me to drag my lipo ass to work 5 days a week and then sleep half the weekend away comes under my mother's scrutiny.  She wants to know why I don't get out more often and do things with her?  I told her today that we had had this conversation before, my health runs me down, etc, and she said sarcastically, "Well, go to the doctor, then."  Um, I have been and yes, I have an appt on Tuesday.  I told her I wish I didn't have to work, but I had to keep a roof over my head and get benefits, so I didn't have a choice.  She can't relate at all cause she hasn't worked since I was a baby.  She lives a very spoiled life and has every need taken care of.  She is oblivious to those who fight to get their basic needs met.

So what do you do when your mother is the same snot personality type as the bitch at work?  I understand that my mother's perspective on things is different than mine.  Our worlds are not the same.  I factor in her being naive to that.  I even tried being REALLY nice on the phone as she started laying into me, and then I said, "You know, I didn't even want to call you, cause I knew you would treat me like this, but I called anyway cause you like me to check in with you.  I can't win."

She got smart and defensive cause she's not used to me being firm.  I usually fake it and suck up to her, apologizing, have been for years now, to keep the peace.  This is the second time I told it to her like it was.  So, she said, "Don't call me then."  I replied, "Well, thank goodness, I'm so glad I'm 38 and I don't have to check in with my mother about how my week was anymore."

This is it.  Every damn birthday of hers, holiday, Mother's Day, for the past five years or so, I have always thought about not doing anything for her as a result of her being very cruel to me verbally.  Its always happening and it really wears on me.  She can be such an ignorant nuisance.  Her mother treated her the same back in the day, and I know that's all my mother "knows" but still its not fair.  I don't want to end up like her and treat people the way she does.  At Christmas, the family will talk about things and usually say, "Well, THAT's your mother, you know how she is."

Well, tough shit, I'm not calling her for awhile.  I told her I would calm down and call her later when I felt better.  Well, "later" may be awhile this time.  Its actually a relief.  I just feel bad cause once she realizes I'm not checking in, she'll make life for my father hell, bitching at him about me.  What I wouldn't give to sit home on my ass, have time to schedule docs appts when needed, be able to afford a copay, go to the grocery, get my hair and nails done and do whatever the hell I wanted.

But then that just wouldn't be me.  Thanks for letting me vent.  It sucks to not be able to talk with my mother, but she is very difficult and I am sensitive to it.  She turns everything into a pissing match.  Good thing is, I'm old enough to make my own decisions.  Sigh.  Isn't this ridiculous?  I know some of you have lost your mothers or live too far away to visit, and here's mine, being a pain.

Thanks for listening, I'm alright, really, I am.  :)

~ Cindy

Offline minismom

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2008, 10:41:34 pm »
Snow, congrats on the football win!  I don't understand football either and would spend most of the game getting Hubby to explain what the heck was going on.  We finally had a system: I clapped when he did, cheered when he did, and yelled at the ref. when he did. ;D  Other than that, the only other rule was that I HAD to stop calling #1 honey, sweetei, baby, doll-face, etc. while he was on the field (or out in public).  Bottom line is that I sat through every game last year and I still know squat about what happened. :-\

Andrea, we're trying to get Mini off Zerit for 2 reasons.  First, her genotyping test in 2002 showed that she was resistant to it yet her doc never took her off of it.  Secondly, it is one nasty neuro-toxic drug that, as far as everyone here is concerned, should've been taken off the market a long time ago.  Mini's been on it since she was 10wks old and is still on it.  There are more "easier" meds she could be on and we'd like to put her on one of those.  Matt (Newt) has helped me out tremendously figuring all this out.

Queen, I agree with everyone else here: take your camera to Walmart.  They can show you how to take the memory card out and use the machine to choose the pictures you want to print off.  You can even enlarge, zoom in, and crop them.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Betty, happy birthday to your brother.  Is that the same brother in the picture?  How was the Japanese restaurant.  I've never been to one.  Hang in there with your econ class - 6 and counting down. 

Cindy, hun, I'm sorry about all the drama you have to go through with your mom. 

Today was crazy.  After church we had to go grocery shopping.  We didn't get home until after 3pm, then I had to cook some stuff for the church picnic tonight and leave at 5pm.  We didn't get home until 8pm and it was heck trying to get the kids to bed.  They are finally all in La-La Land and I'm tired.

You ladies have a great night and a wonderful Monday.  Love you all lots!
Mum :-*
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2008, 11:03:26 pm »
Moon-
Good for you, for finally speaking up to your mother.  Maybe you could warn your Dad about the conversation you had so that you don't feel so bad for him, if it does take a while to speak to her again.  Your a better person than me, I would probably never speak to her again. It is funny that you mentioned perspective, I was just thinking about that today at the football game.  I don't think enough people take it into consideration.  Sometimes, too, people listen but they are just not hearing what you are saying. They can't always put it in the same context as you, your mothers and your idea of tired are probably on opposite ends of the spectrum.   That's great that things went so well with Iceman's kids.

Viv- Sorry, I missed your last post. I think I missed a couple of people.  I am so sick of laundry, I don't know what to do.  Got any funnies from this years kids yet?  Our big dog is a pitbull.  My SO's brother said he is a king pitbull?  I have never heard of that before, he is a lot taller than any pit I had seen before, just a big baby really.

100proof- Sorry to hear about your daughter.  I was talking to some friends this weekend and hearing you, makes me happy I have only one girl.  Good Lord, they are tough!  Hopefully, this is just a stage and she will realize how much she is screwing up.

Mum-  Give it up, girlfriend!  How do you keep everyone's schedule and home school at the same time and cook and clean and ????  I will be very excited if the meeting is in Boston, I am only a little over an hour away.  I need to do the same thing when watching the game, I keep clapping at the wrong time, I get excited when our teams stops the other team but don't realize that I shouldn't clap until it is too late.  I was flying solo today so I am sure I made an ass out of myself ;D  I hope things go well at Minis doc appt. 

Offline Tatenda

• africa has beautiful people
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2008, 11:33:29 pm »
hi everyone just checkin in dont feel much like talkin today
The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.

Offline minismom

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2008, 11:46:38 pm »
Snow, my sweet darlin', school starts tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.  Hubby has already lost #4 and #5's reading book so I guess they aren't going to start learning to read until Tuesday (or whatever day I find their book).  

And, cleaning, ummm, what is that? LOL!  I put in a load of laundry night, hang it out the next morning, and bring it in when I remember that it's out there.  That usually happens when I'm either bringing another load out to dry, or about half an hour after it starts raining.  I fold it when I need an excuse to sit down or something good is on TV.  

The kids have chores and, GASP!, no allowance.  I told them if I paid them an allowance, then I'd have to start charging them for food and board and they'd end up owing me money they didn't have.  So, this way, they get to live and eat here for free. :P  Yes, I know, my kids are going to need therapy.  That's where Betty T. comes in (so graduate already - #1 will be 12 in June! ;))

As for cooking, well, that's just another therapy for me.  I love to have folks sit down and enjoy something I've made for them.  And sex - the bunkbeds are being delivered 2wks from Wednesday.  Enough said. :o

Sweet dreams my honey pie Snow.  Kiss all the wee ones for me. :-*   :-* :-* :-*

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2008, 09:18:39 am »
Mum- You are too funny!  You should be making the money blogging- you always crack me up. ;D  Give that lady some healthy competition.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2008, 10:24:49 am »
Morning ladies.

We finally got a phone call this morning that went thru briefly from the brother in law and sister that are taking care of Billy's Step Dad. THey had to move him from his home north to their house because of damage to Step Dad's house. Almost no one there has power and some dont have water either.
What ever water they do have they have to boil. The brother in law has asked Billy to rent a truck and bring a couple of generators and as much gas and supplies he can bring ASAP.
They must be really desperate to ask for help. Watching the news coverage they show here for the state Houston is not a place you want to have to be.

I suppose thats where we will be headed today. Billy had an appointment he had to go to then I will know what the plans for the day are. 8 hours on the road does not sound too fun to me but at least I have water and electricity and the ability to go to the store. The stores there are mostly all closed and the gas stations that are open have miles of cars lined up to get gas.

Offline minismom

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2008, 02:51:36 pm »
Day 1 of school is over and I'm happy to say that we all made it and are still alive and kicking (and screaming ;)).  It was insane, but less insane than I thought it would be.  We finished late, ate lunch late, and now I have to leave in 45 minutes to take part of the crew to dance class.  I have a couch piled head-high with folded clothes, and 2 more loads to get done.  Oh, well, another great thing about home schooling - who's going to make fun if you wear the same clothes 2 days in a row?  We did manage to find #4 and #5's reading book, so they started learning to read today.  Then, somehow I lost #2 and #3's Science book - who needs Science on Monday anyway?  #2 wound up losing his entire pencil box.  How did he lose his pencil box 5 minutes after walking into a locked room?  I have no idea.

So, that's my entire day in a nutshell.  Tomorrow promises more of the same.

Wendy, let us know if you and Billy decide to make the drive to Houston.  Is there any way to get a priority status put on Billy's dad's house or neighborhood because of his health issues?  You'd think that he would at least qualify for a generator, gas, and water.  Safe travels if you decide to go, hun.

Snow, if I could find a way to make money blogging, I would be on it.  I dont' even know how to get started blogging let alone how to convince someone that my life is worth paying for..LOL.  But, hun, if you are enjoying it, feel free to send me a check ;) :P

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2008, 05:03:39 pm »
Hey Ladies---

My shoulder is still killing me. I went to the doctor's today to see what he had to say. He thinks I have a pinched nerve that probably happened when I had the car accident with the Caprice. And for some reason it is now bothering me. He wants me to get another x-ray done of my neck and shoulder. He says I may need some PT. After I got back, I went back to bed because it hurts so much.

My camera does not have a memory card, it's a 20 buck cam I got from Walmart. I don't think I can load the pics back on it. I was wondering if I could DL the pics from my computer and put them as data on a disc and take to WalMart. I do have photobucket though, can I do anything with that?

Cindy-- I understand your frustrations with your Ma. I think you are doing the right thing by backing off and giving both of you a break from each other. Because you know your Dad is going to catch hell, why not just check in with him to make sure he is ok and so he won't worry about you. I am sure after so many years of marriage, he probably just ignores most of what your Ma says to him anyway.

Mum--You can start a blog just about anywhere. I don"t blog much anymore, not that I don't want to but because I tend to run out of things to say. And when you have fellow bloggers who talk non-stop about HIV and what not, not that there is anything wrong with that, I just feel maybe my poor little blog is kind of blah. Personally, I'd rather hear about the person as well as HIV but that is just me. Sometimes I blog on MySpace.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2008, 08:50:40 pm »
Evening ladies,

Wow, there's been a lot of action since yesterday.

Queen, I wish I had some advice to give you about your camera, but I'm really pretty electronically challenged. 

Snow, a couple of years ago, I started watching Notre Dame football (only since I live in the same town) and got to understand a little.  But I've forgotten since then.  So I'd be watching other people for cues also.

Wendy, I agree with mum.  It seems like Billy's dad would be able to get things to take care of his needs (generator etc.) because of his medical condition.  But maybe it's too bad down there for that.  Anyway, be safe and let us know what's going on when you can.

Cin, wow.  I would probably be more hurt than anything if my mum would have been like that.  Whether she's drinking wine or whiskey, it's still alcohol.   I think it's best that you give that whole situation a break-maybe an extended one.  And I know you feel bad about the shit your dad's gonna take, but like Queen said, they've been married so long he probably just tunes it out.  My mum and dad fought all the time and they were both used to it.  You gotta do what's right for you.  And I'm glad the meeting of Ice's other daughter went well.  I knew it would.

Mum, heh.  I personally wouldn't have the patience for home schooling.  But, I wouldn't have the patience for all the kids you have and everything you do.  You do some good things for sure.

Dinner went well last night.  It's a teppan restaurant, which someone told me means they cook right in front of you, which the guy did.  He and the others are very good with the knives and very fast.  The food was fantastic.  I had gotten my brother an old Irish poetry book since he's a poet.  I found it at the Salvation Army, so I hope he likes it.  This is a tight month because I had to get a new plate for my car.  Not the car I'm borrowing, the car that's parked.  I wish I didn't have to get it since the car is parked, but here if there's a car parked without a recent plate, they'll tow it.  I can't afford impound. 

Today I ran a friend of mine around who's going to be moving back to the area next month.  She had to go to the housing authority, utility companies and the apartment complex.   Then we went to Mickey D's.  Our area has gotten 11 inches of rain in the last three days so a lot of streets are closed because of flooding.  That makes for some maneuvering.  Anyway, that was my day.  I hope you ladies all have a good evening.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2008, 09:50:23 pm »
Hi GFs~

Thanks for the kind words regarding my mother and I having our "spat."  I feel good tonight, a sense of relief that I am on hiatus with her, so to speak.  She DID call when I was out doing yardwork this evening and she didn't leave a message -- unlike her.  That's good, though, I don't have to reply to anything, and right now I just don't want to.

I am being selfish for ME right now, because I have to take care of this balance prob I've been having.  I have felt a little wee bit better today since the humidity is gone and the weather has cooled off.  So, is it the humidity that bugs me, or is a positive mental state (cause I LOVE the Fall) helping me get through?  I don't know.  I go see my HIV doc tomorrow.  My ears have been ringing all year and my neck is usually stiff, but I still manage.  I am sure my ID doc will blame this on the neck issue, but I am ready to really disect things fully tomorrow.

I am just too damn tired all of the time.

Oh, and Iceman invited me over Thursday night with Cheech to stay the night again.  I'll drive to work from Iceman's on Friday and Cheech will stay at his place.  Its so cool to have been dating this long and to still really dig each other.  I feel like I've known him forever and then I feel like things are so new and exciting its like I only met him last month!   :D  We've been dating since November 2nd.

Also, I want to apologize for not replying to a lot of what you are posting.  Forgive me, I am so run down and really need to vent about what has been stressing me out lately -- three pains in the neck....the actual, the co-worker and the mother.  LOL

Thanks for being here and giving me support.

Rock on, GFs.  \m/

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 09:52:58 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2008, 10:09:50 pm »
Good evening everyone!  Ughh...it's another Monday come and gone. Things are rolling right along at school. How many more days left? LOL!

Mum-Your stories are so funny! I can relate to the school stories. Just today I found out that a boy had 2 science books. Last week another student was looking all over for hers and this ding dong had it and his the whole time. When I asked him why he had 2 books is answer was the usual 5th grade answer, "I don't know." Umm...hello? This kid has no common sense. Good grief!  :) We are still working on listening and following directions...I'll let you know how that all works out!

Betty-I'm glad you enjoyed the dinner. My sister's favorite restaurant is a teppan style. We go there pretty frequently. They sure make a lot of food which I love because then I have leftovers YUM! You sure have had a lot of rain. Stay dry!

Queen- I hope your shoulder feels better. I wish I could offer some advice with your camera but I barely know how mine works.

Win- Be careful out there!

Cindy- I hope things get better with your mom. I hate it when my mom and I fight. I am glad things are going well with you and Iceman... ;)

There is not a whole lot to report here. I was supposed to turn in a ballot for the board for the Home Owner's Association but I can't find mine so oh well. I normally like to involved but really there is no one new running and things are fine here. There are some people who want to complain but that's all they do. I would like that crazy guy who lives upstairs to get out of here. I talked to one of my other neighbors and he said that pretty much everyone knows he is mental and they just listen to him. The next time he starts his banging I am definitely going to make an anonymous complaint...yeah right! I am such a tough talker...

Oh someone asked about stories from the classroom...I don't have any yet but just give it time...LOL!

Have a good night!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2008, 01:20:19 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Cin, it's alright that you're not responding to our individual posts.  It's hard to do that when you're going through (what I call) extreme stress.  For me, things that happen with my family that involve controversy are always hard to get through.  Just keep pluggin' along. 

Andrea, I also know some people who love to bitch about the way things (in the government) are or are not being done.  But then, on election day, they don't vote either.  So, my response to people like that is "if you don't vote, you can't bitch."  Anyway, yeah, I really enjoyed the food at that restaurant and there was some left but I didn't bring it home, as I already had some left-overs in the frig.   And I'm sure as the year goes along, we'll hear some good stories from you.

Not much happening here.  My Microecon class is tonight.  I hope it goes by fast and he goes over what's going to be due next week (like work out some problems so I understand).  I just want to pass this class.  I have to, it's required.  If I don't pass it, no degree.  Ugh.  It's probably the most ongoing stress for me right now.  I feel like burning the book.

Yesterday marked the 2nd month of me being smoke-free.  Friday, I wanted a cigarette so bad.  I was sitting in my rocking chair thinking about it, plotting it; then the mail came.  And you know what was in the mail?  Yeah, cigarette coupons.  I couldn't believe it.  But, I just hung on and remembered how shitty I felt when I was smoking (being short of breath, etc.).  I wish the urges would go away already.

Well, I'm going to check out the other threads.  You ladies all have a good afternoon.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2008, 02:51:07 pm »
Wow! It's been 2 months for you already, time is flying.  Good job, Betty!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2008, 03:12:29 pm »
I am back from Houston. It took 10 hours total with 9 hours driving. We got home at 2 am this morning.

We brought them 3 generators and 60 gallons of gas. They are sharing with friends and family.
There where no street lights or signal lights after we got past Huntsville which is 70 miles north of downtown Houston.
We did not have to go all the way into Houston. Just one of the northern suburbs.
It was scary. Trees down all over and very dark for a busy city. If you want gas in the city you will wait for hours in lines that can stretch forever. There are a few places with power and where ever there is power there are tons of people and cars all around it.
We scraped by a tree that was hanging into the road. Didn't see it until we where right on it because it was so dark. It was so spooky driving in a place that is normally super bright and busy and now has almost zero lights and very little traffic aside from when you came across an open gas station. Like a Vegas strip its normally totally busy and bright.
We got stuck on a two lane highway going into town for an hour with miles of bumper to bumper stop and go traffic because there was a gas station that had gas in Huntsville.

Houston is huge. Hardly anyone has power and some don't have water either. There are no priorities as far as people that did not evacuate as far as I know. Billy's sister moved his step dad too her house which is a very nice home in a ritzy neighborhood. They have water and with the generator they have some lights a refrigerator and the room Dad is in is air conditioned. They are very comfortable compaired to others. 
People who did not evacuate have locations they can go to for ice and water and food if they don't mind waiting.

I'm sure glad I dont live there...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2008, 03:21:15 pm »
All I can say is what a helluva day!!!!! >:( I got excited about going to my first support group and I couldn't even find the damn place. I went to my ASO to get directions but I take it the receptionist went to the group because there was a sign that said be back at 1:45. The group ends at 1:30. Now I feel bad cause I know they were counting on me. I called my ASO and left them a message explaining the situation. And to top it off, the muffler came off my car. And it would figure that I am broke. Nothing I can do til check day. It basically rusted off and was dangling. I don't know for how long but I noticed it today.

GO COWBOYS!!!!
I watched the game last night which was good. Cindy, are you following at all? We played the Eagles which made T.O. feel good. And I damn near lost my voice. Pittsburgh plays them next and I will peep that game cause me and my sister have a sibling rivalry going on with football.

Now with the car being down, I am going to have to reschedule appointments. This will be the 3rd time for colonoscopy. Nothing else to do but chill.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2008, 03:56:44 pm »
My camera does not have a memory card, it's a 20 buck cam I got from Walmart. I don't think I can load the pics back on it. I was wondering if I could DL the pics from my computer and put them as data on a disc and take to WalMart.

yes, you can download pics to a CD

and if you're inclined to be patient now, or get it for later use, Walmart sweetens the deal

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?adid=1500000000000003039960&cat=538403&dest=119911

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2008, 05:25:44 pm »
thats cool

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2008, 05:41:50 pm »
Hi everyone. Sorry I've been away. My Hubby had to go to NY on business. While he was away Mom came to visit and watch Lucas while I worked if Hubby was not bake in time. With that going on I couldn't get to the computer.
Lucas saw his PID on Thursday. He says Lucas is doing great 8)! During Lucas' first year he gained weight rapidly once he was out of NICU. The PID always said that was a good sign that the HIV wasn't causing problems. During this year Lucas only gained about 3# and I was a little concerned. The PID said that he's not worried, Lucas has gained height is very active and rapidly learning new skills. He says he has no concerns about going 3 mo for our next visit. It will be about 1.5 weeks till we get his test results but I feel confident they will be good :).
My Mom (Grammy B) was thrilled that Lucas learned to say Amen at church. She could live at Wal-Mart so of course we had to go while she was here. She kept telling Lucas he needs to say "go Wal-Mart". Now he says "Mal-Mart" while pointing to the door outside ;D.

Netta - I'm sorry to hear about your dog and that I didn't offer my condolences sooner.

Betty - Happy B-Day to your brother. Wow, 2 mo smoke free, you go girl ;).

Cindy - I'm sorry you've had problems with PITA. It hurts even when we try not to let it. It sounds like you've handled things well. Stay strong and take care of yourself.

Queen - I hope your shoulder is feeling better. I'm sorry you had such a s*** day. I hope tomorrow will be better.

100proof - I'm sorry your having problems with your daughter. Hopefully things will get better. You're doing the right thing by setting limits. Your daughter will realize that eventually (maybe a decade from now). Hang tough.

Minismom - Your my hero :-*! I don't know how you do it all and post such lively entertaining posts! Any secrets you want to share I'm all ears ;D.

Wendy - I'm glad you made it home safe.

Nothingbutsunshine - I hope everything the storm damaged gets repaired soon. Take care of yourself

For anyone else affected by these horrible storms, take care of yourself and stay safe.

Because I was away for a while there were a lot of posts. If I missed someone I'm sorry. My best to all.

Lucas' mom
Amy

Offline minismom

« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2008, 06:49:36 pm »
Another day and no phone call from Mini's PID - I'm not exactly happy.  I called today and left the message "5 more days until Zerit runs out - you'd better make a decision QUICK!  Oh, and sending another script for Zerit isn't an option."  We'll see how fast she calls now. 

Betty, my angel, my hero CONGRATS!!!!!  Smoke-free for 2mths and after tonight, only 5 more econ classes to go.  WHOOHOO!  1 class closer to the cap and gown.  I'm always in your corner, hun, don't you ever forget that.

Wendy, glad that you made it back safely.  I was thinking about you and Billy and wondering if you'd decided to go.  We still haven't heard from our neice that lives in Houston, but we think she must be staying in the hospital (she's a final year medical resident).

LM (Lucas's Mom), my secrets for success: throw out the make-up, who has time anyway?  Keep hair short.  That way nobody can tell when it's been pulled out in frustration. Live out in the middle of nowhere so no body can hear the screaming. Put latch hooks and dead bolts on your bedroom and bathroom doors.  It doesn't take long for the little boogers to learn how to pick the other kind. Other than that, duct tape, bungee cords, and hot glue. ;D

Be sure to let us know who Lucas's numbers are doing.  I posted Mini's in Living With.  I think it's on the 2nd page.

So far, so good.  #2's Science book is still missing.  I wish it would share its hiding place with me - I could sure use one.  Our #6 likes to "sit in" on the little ones' lessons.  They are learning to read and learning "mmmmmm" and "ssssssssssssss".  So, tonight at dinner, #6 asked to bless the food.  Now remember, she has a HUGE speech delay and is MR.  Anyway, she folds her hands, closes her eyes, and says, "God, mmmmmmmmmm  sssssssssssssssss an' food.  Aymin."  She stretches out all the words like some tel-evangelist. 

I haven't been feeling too good today.  My throat hurts and I've got an aweful headache.  We had a cool front come through so I'm sure it's my sinuses, but I can't take anything during the day because I get sleepy.  I bought a new hair color and as soon as the kids get settled into their quiet time movie, I'm off to see how it works out.  I'm debating a new hair-do.  I want something sassy, hip, and really easy.  I'm just not sure what's hip and sassy.

Much love to you all!
 :-* Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2008, 08:00:18 pm »
LM- Glad to hear Lucas is doing so well!

Queen- Sorry about the muffler and missing the first meeting, I am sure they will understand.

Wendy-Glad you guys are back safe and sound.

Mum-  I actually used duct tape when the babies were still  in diapers.  I would go to Wally world get a case of diapers, case of wipes and the biggest roll of duct tape I could find and lots of strange looks.  The trip  lets went through a stage of taking off thier own and each others diapers and duct tape was the only solution. :o

Hi Em- Nice to see you here!

I didn't do much today but take the kids to school and my oldest to practice.  Hope everyone is doing well!
Snow

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2008, 08:49:10 pm »
My camera does not have a memory card, it's a 20 buck cam I got from Walmart. I don't think I can load the pics back on it. I was wondering if I could DL the pics from my computer and put them as data on a disc and take to WalMart.

yes, you can download pics to a CD

and if you're inclined to be patient now, or get it for later use, Walmart sweetens the deal

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?adid=1500000000000003039960&cat=538403&dest=119911

Hmm, tried that link, it said offer expired 2 years ago... ???
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MplsLady76

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2008, 08:58:06 pm »
Hello Ladies,

This is my first posting to the thread. I really don't know what to expect or really say. So I will start from the beginning.

When I was 19 I met a man. The first time I saw him I feel in love. We came become like two peas in a pod. At the time I knew him I was unaware that he just left his wife. Also, I did not really care. I only wanted to spend time with him. About 4 years later, we left Minnesota to go to California. This was when things changed. He started to develop soars. It appeared to be similar to his extreme dry skin. However things became worse. He got thinner and even more sick. I stood by his side. At that time, I was unaware of the effect of AIDS. Then we came back to Minnesota and I got him tested. A week later, I found out I was also poz.

I thought my life was over. No more would I ever feel love, have kids, or fullfill my dream of family. To makes matters worse. The man I spend 7 years with finally revealed to me that he knew his wife was infected. However he never told me his thoughts.

After that, I went into a severe state of depression. I did drugs, I drank, I did what ever I could to remove myself from reality.

After 3 mores years, I hit rock bottom. I had no where to turn. Then I met some wonderful people who told me one thing - "Your thoughts develop your reality. It is like the shadow you carry in the sunlight."

It took a lot, but today I have changed. I live much better now. I have a home, a car, and a good job. The only thing missing is good friends and a love one to share that with.

The hardest thing for me is to develop that relationship with man who can look at me and see me, not my POZ status. Also, I never was able to make friends well, but since I have changed I believe that will change as well.

Thanks for allowing me to speak. For those who read this, maybe I findout I am not alone.

MplsLady
**We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world. Speak or act with a pure mind, and Happiness will follow you, as your shadow, unshakable.**

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.