Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:22:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 312
Total: 313

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Am I so unfortunate  (Read 7823 times)

Offline ambuzz

Am I so unfortunate
« on: May 01, 2008, 12:03:27 pm »
Hello,

I went for a 3rd and final HIV test for an exposure in Mar,07.

before i went fo this test i already had two negative reports in hand for the same exposure(fellatio peformed on me). both were done after mentioned window period of 3 and 6 months.

the last test i went for was at an aids clinic and this was after a total of 8 months of the same exposure in Mar,07.

The technician at the aids clinic came with a vacutainer and needle in hand which had a translucent cap on it. she rimmed the needle to the vacutainer tube and then uncapped the needle. after putting the band and the disinfectant on my arm she drew my blood out. In half hour they gave me a negative report.

i have been seriously worrying over this incident at the aids clinic. in my previous two test the technician unwrapped the syringe in front of me. in here that was not done. i remeber she uncapped the needle and that there was no visible blood to my naked eyes.

what % of risk is invloved in this case of being infected with HIV??? i am having all kind of symptoms right from pain in groin to fever with fungal rashes in armpits.

Please note i have had no other exposure other than for one i tested thrice and received non-reactive reports.

do i need to test again for the incident at the aids clinic?

Please do help
awaiting
God bless

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Am I so unfortunate
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 12:15:02 pm »
am,

You're not unfortunate, you're hiv negative.

Clinics are not in the business of infecting people with hiv. They use new needles for every blood draw. There is NO chance of you being infected through having an hiv test done.

You did not need further testing after your first negative result. The window period is three months, not six, and certainly not a year.

You ARE hiv negative. It's time you got on with your life.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can be sure you're using them correctly.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ambuzz

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 12:26:22 pm »
Thanks ann for replying.

I just wanted to ask you about the symptoms i mentioned. there is constant pain in groin with fever and fungal infection in armpits. does this have got anything to do with HIV?

secondly, this may be slightly a perosnal Q but i have nobody else to ask... hence if you can help with this as well... i have been living in abstinence so much so that its been months i have had no physical relation with my wife purely on grounds of thinking that i could infect her. will it be right on my part to maintain a physical relation with her and going fwd even plan for a baby?

please do help.
god bless

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:29:51 pm »
am,

How on earth could your symptoms have anything to do with hiv? You don't HAVE hiv! You are hiv negative and there is no way you were infected by your latest, unnecessary test.

If you're not feeling well, go see a doctor and find out what's causing it. Whatever it is, it is NOT hiv.

And of course you can have sex with your wife and even try for a baby. You don't have hiv and you cannot pass on what you do not have.

Again, you're without doubt hiv negative and it's time you got on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ambuzz

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 12:40:58 pm »
Ann,

You have brought hope in my life.

this will be my last follow up. Ann, please don't be upset with me. all i am left to ask is that going forward in life any health relating problem should not be associated with HIV( which  I HAVE BEEN DOING SO FAR) right? and i am from india, planning to shift my base to houston. i will have to go for a mandatory hiv test when i apply for a VISA. can i by far go in peace and let them do a test on me? 

Offline ambuzz

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 12:54:09 pm »
Ann,
i beg pardon for groppling so much.

i forgot to ask you that even in worse case scenarios there aint a possibility?

please if you can answer the last two q's.
Many thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 01:13:49 pm »
am,

Even in the worst case scenario, you would not have been infected through testing.

Of course you shouldn't think every health problem has something to do with hiv. You don't have hiv, remember?

Go take your VISA hiv test. It will be negative like your other three.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ambuzz

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 02:55:25 pm »
Ann,
you are a god sent angel. I will pray for you to Jesus. He is our saviour and will have mercy on all of us.

ann, a small prayer for you.

my lord, i pray to you now to put your merciful eye on Ann, give her the rewards for the holy work she is doing on earth by helping others who worry and keep her away from malicious enemy & bless her with courage and a peaceful life. This i ask you in the name of jesus. Amen.

Offline ambuzz

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 05:56:30 am »
Dear Ann,

am sorry to have come back again. Firstly i want to tell you that by all means i meant the tx giving.

Ann, I have majorly taken ill with fever and constant motions, which has further led to a weight loss of nearly 4kgs in about 3 days...

It is scaring the s*@t outta me. Please don't think that everytime i have a health problem i will trouble you. But something as bad as this has never happened and its for the first time, and thats exactly what has scared me. Do you feel anywhere these are early symptoms of HIV

beleive you me, i have been getting night mares and terror attacks. I want to be outta this. Can u advice me if i must take this seriously and get tested or take it as a regular health problem and continue with the regular medication my doctor has given me.

please advice. I will be very grateful as ever.

tx for being there.
Am

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 06:22:19 am »
am,

Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with hiv. You don't have hiv. You are hiv negative.

You say your doctor has given you medication - take it. If it's not helping, go back and see the doctor again.

You might also want to talk to your doctor about getting a referral to a therapist. It sounds to me like some of what's going on (the nightmares, for example) could simply be stress and anxiety. We cannot help you with that here. Go see your doctor.

You do not have hiv and there is nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ambuzz

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 11:15:07 am »
Hi Ann,

Hope you doing good. Ann, its been 8 days i posted last but since that day even after having going back and forth to my doctor, i am only getting worse. I am only gettind scared to death. I am praying all day long that my fears shouldn't come true. i think my weight loss has reached close to a 6kgs. can you please tell me what on earth should i be doing. my fever shows no sigh of dropping down. Is a retest an only resort? what am more scared also is about that after having spoken with you I had sex with my wife. i am panting if i must have infected her. It looks like a deadlock for me.

Offline ambuzz

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 12:15:12 pm »
Ann,

I know you have had enough of me. But I will appreciate if you tell that if my physical condiction remotely makes you re-think on your advice and information. given in the past.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 02:03:50 pm »
AM, NO! What is going on has nothing to do with HIV. Period. End of story.

If your doctor can't come up with a diagnosis then get a second opinion. This is absolutely not an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline ambuzz

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 10:28:31 am »
Dear Andy,

May be you are saying this because you feel that nowhere in the globe they reuse needles. i know everybody follows universal precautions. but i am trying to ask you guys is that in case of a mistake what are the chances of infection. all i remember is that needle had a cover/cap on in. please trust me on what i am saying. i have been seriously unwell for past many days with rising fever, weakness etc. do you think that in case of a mistake there are no chances either? please forgive me for am gropping too much. i have put my wife at risk as well...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 10:32:07 am »
You were never at risk and you haven't put your wife at risk. Seek help with your phobia issues.

Offline ambuzz

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 10:44:19 am »
thanks rapid rod

but can you be a bit more detailed. we all know about IV drug users, occupational risk. both the situations involve needle prick, doesn't it? in my case the needle had a cap. is that what is working in my favo? rapid rod, ann, andy;  do i remotely need a retest. please note i am from India-Mumbai. are your respctive advices based on the geographical limits?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 10:51:04 am »
There is a big difference in injections of drugs and withdrawing blood for tests. When getting tested they don't inject, they withdraw. With IV drug abusers they withdraw first to make sure they got a vein which cause blood to be withdrawn into the syringe and then they inject the drugs once they know they have a good blood return.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 11:00:01 am »
am,

If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have read the followiing posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ambuzz

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 11:10:38 am »
ann can i please rapid rod ask one last question... have mercy

Rapid Rod,so do you mean; as Ann said before even in a worst case scenario/ mistake there cannot be infction as the blood was drwan outta my vein? Rapid Rod, do you suggest a repeat test? i might sound tricky, but based on your knowledge is there even 0.03% chance in my case?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 11:22:17 am »
Am

You did not have a risk for hiv infection when you tested for hiv.

I'm giving you that time out I've warned you about. Please use this time to seek out some professional counseling to help you get over your unwarrented fears. We cannot help you with that there. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 11:23:31 am »
NO you don't need to test.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.