Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:58:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 284
Total: 284

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just This Side of Rapture! So Happy I Could Almost Burst!  (Read 3974 times)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Just This Side of Rapture! So Happy I Could Almost Burst!
« on: December 19, 2006, 02:31:02 am »
OMG!  Gone are any attempts at being eloquent, or grammar or anything at all but insane tears of joy and leaping hearts and just

YA-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In this one day, I have

(1.) managed to FINALLY put an end to weeks of worry about my friend, JK.  He is back outta the hospital and we are in touch and my heart is lifted- LIFTED, I SAY!   I am chomping at the bit to get down to see him...my beautiful, beautiful friend...

(2.)  had a glorious, glorious evening with my Father that has put us closer than we perhaps ever have been in my whole life.  He even called me, 'Miss Efficiency' this evening.  Note the "MISS" part of that.....this from my Father, a Baptist Deacon!  Did my Baptist Deacon Father just get sassy with me?? 

(3.)  LILIA.  Lilia, my sister spirit...my joy.  The woman I was so in love with as a person that it put my whole self-perception of my sexuality in question once.  LILIA- who I somehow lost.  Who somehow lost me for a time.  I go to MySpace to find in my inbox:

Tim?  Is it Tim?  Please, if it is- It's LILIA !!!

I have found her again after all these years.  She has found me.  WE are FOUND AGAIN !  We are FOUND !!!

I feel like I am immersed under a waterfall of blessing.  Washed in love and miracles.

~Tim
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Eldon

Re: Just This Side of Rapture! So Happy I Could Almost Burst!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 03:59:27 am »
AWESOME!!!

"Don't Give Up, Don't Give In... Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!"

Offline Nadine

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 05:46:11 am »
What a day you had!  ;D ;D

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 08:47:53 am »
beautiful beautiful re-connections

everything happens for a reason, on the proper schedule too

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 10:10:58 am »
Thanks, folks!  I'm still on a high from it all!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Christine

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 10:16:05 am »
I am so happy for you! Enjoy all that is happening!
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline bear60

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 10:27:30 am »
I hope your joy rubs off on us all!
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 11:30:36 am »
And speaking of rubbing off:

It's only another day or so til the Synchronized World Orgasm!  Yahoo!

(The blessings keep on, er...coming- don't they?)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 11:33:34 am »
So are you now considering "going" straight?!?!?

Seriously... CONGRATS!  And super duper great to hear about JK!  I am assuming it is the JK from here?
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 11:38:35 am »
Yes, it is the same JK.  We have been friends for some time...prior to here. 

And, alas....the email from Lilia also stated that she is now married.  *sigh*

Truthfully, I've always viewed bisexuality as an ideal...an ideal to which I wish I was closer.  A hetero stirring on that level has been a rare event for me.  Like comet or eclipse kind of rare.

99.9% Strictly Dickly.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 06:32:12 pm »
I'm bumping myself cuz several people have asked around here about Jonathan (jkinatl2).  He has been in the hospital, but should still be home now.  Has not been able to return contact with anyone who has attempted, I don't think.  About to try to call him now to see if I can get some more scoop on him.

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 03:12:58 am »
I just spoke with him. and he just posted a blog too.  He's keeping a sense of humor about being sick so I suspect he'll go home and get some TLC over the Holidays.  He'll hopefully rest and pretend to gt annoyed that his mother is fussing over him when in real life he'll like it. Maybe she'll stay on him and actually get him to take some of his medicines some of the time... :-) He should be feelin' fine soon.
Boys are Stupid

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 08:08:44 am »
Tim, that's great about your GREAT DAY! Hoping it keeps rolling along.

Also glad Jonathan has you for a friend. Send him my best wishes. We miss him.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 08:40:19 am »
Great to hear about JK, give him a squeeze for me when you see him, oh Hell, give him a hug too. :D

I had a similar' My Space moment' recently when I was contacted by a long lost best friend,  amazingly we took up conversation just like it was yesterday, definitely one of the high points of the year.
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 10:29:24 am »
Yep....that's just the same as me and Lilia.

"OMG!  7 years!  Can you believe it?  So, anyway....blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..."

Right back at it- right on beat again.

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 11:10:54 am »
Tim: Thank you in advance for helping JK reclaim his life. File this whole thread under "B" for beautiful

JK's last blog sounds much better than his Dec. 2nd blog :)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 08:00:57 pm »
Well, I haven't really done too much of anything so far!  I still haven't gotten to see the boy!  We're back in message exchange mode- but that's still a step up from before (when I just didn't know for sure WHAT was going on).  As DancerBoy said above, I believe he has gone home for the holidays.  But I did call once again today to leave another message.  DBoy may have some more updates.   DancerBoy??  (Or anyone else for that matter...)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.