Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:04:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 618
Total: 618

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Took quality health care for granted...Now Im seeing the other side of the coin.  (Read 43238 times)

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
Quite frankly, I stayed away from this mess, but I must comment here.

If YOU had puss running out YOUR ears and didn't MAKE your doctor treat it -- I'd say that your problem goes quite beyond a bad doctor.  You are a partner with your health care providers and seems to me that you aren't pulling your weight and suddenly throwing up the victim card.  Though your posts do a "victim" quality to them.
If you had a number of "signs" that you weren't getting good care and continue to go there (you obviously have options, as you are finally SAYING, you are moving on) well that is more on you.

M

Offline Denver Toad

You are a partner with your health care providers and seems to me that you aren't pulling your weight

This...
If you don't advocate for your own health care, who will? If the symptoms were present, and left untreated, is it easier to blame others or take responsibility for your health?  The distinctiveness of your fellow patients awaiting treatment have nothing whatsoever to do with the quality of healthcare you receive. The quality of your health has everything with your own advocacy.

And while were on the subject of advocacy, what better opportunity then this to open your eyes to the plight of others. Society finds it convenient to pretend homelessness, and the attendant issues, aren't their problem. Here you've the problem staring you in the face. Compassion, empathy, and an appreciation of the challenges homeless people face daily serve all better then judgementalism.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Offline phillypinko

Quite frankly, I stayed away from this mess, but I must comment here.

If YOU had puss running out YOUR ears and didn't MAKE your doctor treat it -- I'd say that your problem goes quite beyond a bad doctor.  You are a partner with your health care providers and seems to me that you aren't pulling your weight and suddenly throwing up the victim card.  Though your posts do a "victim" quality to them.
If you had a number of "signs" that you weren't getting good care and continue to go there (you obviously have options, as you are finally SAYING, you are moving on) well that is more on you.

M
My doctor convinced me it was a hygiene issue by telling me to clean them with debrox. The doctor insisted it wasn't an infection. When I showed another doctor what was coming out of my ears the second doctor said it was puss and to find a new doctor.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
I'm sure it will, and that's probably why the city council is scheduling hearings, etc to design a long-term plan to deal with this situation
I thought I would follow up with some information about Columbia SC. The City Council passed a resolution,  to start to work on the situation downtown.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline SANJUANDUDE

I never complain about the other people that may also be going to a clinic, but instead the level of care.  For example, about a month ago my ID doctor referred me to a dermatologist for "questionable" spots/moles.  I asked them to fax the request to the ASO that I was affiliated with, they did so.  My response was, "we don't pay for that, no funds."  I replied, and very nicely, "but this is a referral from my ID doctor."  It didn't matter.  Fortunately, I had the funds to pay for the visit.  In NY state and New Mexico, the state issues an insurance card, yes actual real insurance which cover 80%+ of the visit and then the ASO picks up the remainder.  In NM, it was a Blue Cross/Blue Shield of New Mexico card, in NY it was another insurance company that I was able to utilize even here in Florida for a while.  Moral:  don't leave what you know you have, you never know what you might get.

I got Florida.
10/2011-CD-4-598-Undetectable
01/2012-CD-4-758-Undetectable
04/2012-CD$-780-70 Viral Load
08-2012-CD4-846--20 viral load
02/2013-CD$ 865----20 Undetectable Viral Load
08/2013- CD4-898----<20 undetectable viral load

Offline oksikoko

• Writing the congressman again
Moral:  don't leave what you know you have, you never know what you might get.

Sometimes this is reason to leave. ;)
Code: [Select]
2014-11-14: CD4 Wars Episode II: Return of the Stribild (released in Europe as Stribild II: Werewolf Bitch)
2014-11-06:                ☣ VL (→) 12,627      ☣ CD4 (→) 639
2014-??-??: off treatment  ☣ VL (?)              ☣ CD4 (?)
2013-10-03:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1105
2013-05-23:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (-) 945
2013-02-25:                ☣ VL (-) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1123
2012-12-16: Enter Stribild
2012-11-20: HIV+           ☣ VL (→) 132,683      ☣ CD4 (→) 920
2012-04-01: HIV-
Dates in this signature file conform to ISO 8601. ;-)

If no one complains, nothing will ever change.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.