Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:47:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37671
  • Latest: Lucy90
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773425
  • Total Topics: 66363
  • Online Today: 288
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 283
Total: 284

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: April Fools  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
April Fools
« on: April 01, 2007, 11:37:46 pm »
I feel like one giving way to much power to this disease....

Just Sayin,

Signed,

Fool aka Eric

Offline koi1

Re: April Fools
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 08:56:07 am »
Yes,

That is what people around me have been telling me. But I can't see it many times because I actually have it.  I guess it is easy to say don't worry when it is not our asses in the fire. But, I think that I do what I can, hopefully I will get better, and stop letting this disease limit me. There are just so many issues with the old HIV. Hope you are feeling better.

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 10:31:53 am »
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:42:11 am »
I feel like one giving way to much power to this disease....

Sometimes I do that too honey, mostly when I make guesstimates of my future with HIV. Tons of issues as Rob said. Access to meds and affordability being near the very top. I look at the state of things for pozzies here in the U.S. and my blood boils because of the P word: PROFITS. I sort of knew this already...the ACT UP march last Thursday opened my eyes even more. But I know what you mean. I tell myself "Oh Alex, take it day by day. It's the best way and you won't get angry." However, that's easier said than done, especially since I'm getting older

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 11:26:47 am »
HIV will not rule my life - I refuse to let it. Naturally, anyone who has HIV infection will run into problems along the way. The trick is in learning not to get RUN OVER by them. Then again, who ever said life would be a cakewalk? As someone wiser than me once told me, pain is inevitable but suffering is optional.

On really bad days, I just take one of these:

HAVIDOL

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Problems can be avoided if you take HAVIDOL only when you are able to immediately benefit from its effects. To fully benefit from HAVIDOL patients are encouraged to engage in activities requiring exceptional mental, motor, and consumptive coordination. HAVIDOL is not for you if you have abruptly stopped using alcohol or sedatives. Havidol should be taken indefinitely. Side effects may include mood changes, muscle strain, extraordinary thinking, dermal gloss, impulsivity induced consumption, excessive salivation, hair growth, markedly delayed sexual climax, inter-species communication, taste perversion, terminal smile, and oral inflammation. Very rarely users may experience a need to change physicians. Talk to your doctor about HAVIDOL

Daniel of Mars  8)
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 01:35:18 pm »
"Faith" - in yourself...  That just because it happened to one, does not always equate to you having it happen to me.   I  have always been one of those who if he finds a "scratch," a "flaw," is to simply chunk it or write it off as broken, busted, worthless.   I find it harder to do that when it is "I" or "someone close to me"  that now has that scratch or flaw.   Trying to find a loophole, a way out....   A guarantee...   I guess that's what keeps me coming back here...   Hope that I will find through you guys, a way out and through....  I must admit,  it is getting a bit easier and a bit less troublesome as time passes from that date in September, but boy,  I feel sometimes that will never shake this off completely....  I suppose the idea here is as Daniel says, is true...  But I just want in every fiber of my being to eradicate this feeling of feeling "scratched and dented - different."

Off to the body shop I go.....

Love,

Eric

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.