Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:07:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 349
Total: 350

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Really sacared  (Read 10203 times)

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
Really sacared
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:49:13 am »
Hi Ann

Im fro Argentina. Im writing you because i really scared. 4 weeks ago I went to a massage house.
I practice really deep fingering to her and she also do so herself and after that she finger me (suarly with vaginal fluids on her finger)

At the same time I touch myself with the same hand that I finger her until I cum.

Im really scared about this situation.

What was my risk. Unfortunately I read in other sites that this could be a way to transmit HIV.

Thanks a lot for you help. (sorry for my english)

Cheers.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Really sacared
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 11:55:30 am »
Fingering, and getting touched by a woman who has fingered herself, is not considered a risk for HIV transmission.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 12:00:17 pm »
The thing is that she had vaginal fluids on her fingers and she fingered me.

At the same time I had vaginal fluis on my hands and I touched my self until I cum so my sperm was in contact with vaginal fluids.

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 12:03:25 pm »
I forgot to mention that now a day (4 weeks after the incident) Im feeling strange (kind of sore throat, tired, etc). That makes me more scared than before.

At the same I m married so I really scared to had transmited to my wife.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 12:22:01 pm »
Once vaginal fluids (which are not infectious, by the way - the infectious fluids are the thicker ones deep within the vagina near the cervix) are exposed to the air, even for a moment, your risk for HIV plummets to zero. No one in the history of the HIV pandemic has been infected via this route.

I daresay you will not be the first.

We have a rather well researched lesson on this site regarding HIV transmission. It is extremely specific regarding fingering. You had no risk.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 12:33:53 pm »
Ann could you please help me? sorry for my anxious but I dont sleep since a month

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 12:58:23 pm »
You never had a risk of contracting HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 12:58:55 pm »
Nacho,

As JK has correctly told you, you did not have a risk for hiv infection.

Here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER THIS FINGERING INCIDENT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 01:20:49 pm »
Thanks Ann.

Im still concern about that she had vaginal fluids on her hands and could damage my anus when she fingered me. Thats means that vaginal fluids had direct conctas with my blood inside my body.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 01:36:04 pm »
Yes, but as was pointed out, the vaginal fluids present on her fingers were not the infectious fluids located deep within her vaginal canal closer to the cervix. No one in the history of the pandemic has ever become infected through fingering. This in part explains why lesbians account for less than one percent of the total number of HIV cases reported worldwide.

Welcome Thread

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 03:22:19 pm »
Andy. If you dont mind I would like to have your opinion too

Sorry for my anxious but I really scared and I didnt know what to do.

I have many fears around me.

Thank you all for your help

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 03:33:29 pm »
You were not at risk. As you have been told by JK, Rodney and Ann fingering is not a risk for HIV transmission.

You do not need to be tested for HIV.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 03:51:07 pm »
Fingeriing is not a risk for HIV transmission. Period.

You don't need to collect anymore opinions about your situation. Stop with the drama and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
Finegering with vaginal fluids
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 11:00:06 am »
Dear Ann and Andy:

Firts of all thanks for your paciencie with all of us. Im so sacared because I have wife and suns. A couple of months ago I receive massage from a prostitute. During the session she fingered herself (deep) and after that she fingered me. I really scared because she had vaginal fluids on her fingers so may be she could infect me. This is possible? I read in other sites that this could be a way of transmission.

Sorry again to boder you.

Thanks for all,

nacho

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 12:41:40 pm »
Nacho, I have merged all of your entries here except the Spanish-language one. The rule here is to keep all of your entries in this same thread. In the future if you have any occasion to write in again, use only this thread.

Being fingered with vaginal fluids and getting a massage are not risks for HIV transmission. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted in that manner. Additionally, her fluids from fingering herself would be from the lower end of the vaginal around the lips and not from high up in the cervical area where HIV would be if she is HIV positive.

In any case there was no risk for HIV to you nor is there any need for testing.
Andy Velez

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 12:53:13 pm »
Thanks Andy for your reply. Sorry for my anxious. There are many nigths that I cant sleep thinking in this situation.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 01:13:16 pm »
Yes, well that is about guilt and not HIV. You did what you did. You can't change that. See it, accept that, take a breath and let go and then get on with your life. Guilt doesn't do anyone any good.
Andy Velez

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 10:47:41 am »
Ok thanks a lot. I will try to do so.

Cheers.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 12:43:37 pm »
Good. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
Risk assestment
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 07:28:26 am »
Dear Andy, Ann and al moderators.

I contact you to know your risk assestment for this situation.
I went to a massage house some time ago. During the massage session the woman fingered her self deeply and after that (within 30 seconds) she fingered me in my anus. I sure that she had vaginal fluids on her fingers.

I know that you may say that this si not a risk. The thing si that Im married and after that incident I had sexual relations with my wife. About eight weeks after that my wife started to show a rash on her body. We went to a dermatologist and he salid that the rash Was  pytiriasis rosea ( this diagnostic Was made just with an occular view and without any blood analysis).

Ar the same time, a week later she had swallen glands under one arm.

Now a day she is pragned and to be honest I am really really scared About that situation since there are to much coincidences between these syntoms and my incident with fingering.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Nacho

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 08:10:48 am »
Nacho, it is a rule here for members to always write in the same thread. All of your entries are together here. Please write only in this thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

It is your guilt over having strayed and had a sexual incident with another woman is driving your unnecessary worries about HIV. Fingering is absolutely not a risk for HIV including with vaginal fluids on the woman's fingers. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted in that manner.

Whatever is causing your wife's symptoms has nothing to do with HIV. Now that you have HIV in your mind you are misinterpreting everything as a sign of it. You did not have  a risk. Your wife needs to see her doctor and discuss the symptoms. Same with anything that may happen with you.

This is absolutely NOT an HIV situation. Period. Get on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 04:17:27 am »
Thanks Andy. I really preciate what you are doing here. Hawever I tested last week since I couldnt manage this issue in my mind. I will have the results in a few days. I will post it.

Hope you are right about this. As I told you my wife is pragned an this is killing me.

I will keep you informed.

Best,
Nacho

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 06:58:07 am »
Hi Andy, I will receive my result tomorrow morning. Sorry to post this innecesary message but Im so scared that I need to share my anxious and nervous.

Sorry to bother you with my, hopefully, unnecesary fears.

Best for you and thanks,

Nacho

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 03:45:18 pm »
Dear Andy, Ann and al moderators.

I contact you to know your risk assestment for this situation.
I went to a massage house some time ago. During the massage session the woman fingered her self deeply and after that (within 30 seconds) she fingered me in my anus. I sure that she had vaginal fluids on her fingers.

I know that you may say that this si not a risk. The thing si that Im married and after that incident I had sexual relations with my wife. About eight weeks after that my wife started to show a rash on her body. We went to a dermatologist and he salid that the rash Was  pytiriasis rosea ( this diagnostic Was made just with an occular view and without any blood analysis).

Ar the same time, a week later she had swallen glands under one arm.

Now a day she is pragned and to be honest I am really really scared About that situation since there are to much coincidences between these syntoms and my incident with fingering.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Nacho

The State of your marriage and the nature of your guilt does not in any way alter the science behind HIV transmission. You have not had a risk for HIV and do not need to ntest for it.

However, you might have encountered any one of several other STDs along the way with these activities. I certainly hope that your HIV test is part of an entire battery of STD testing at the appropriate time.

HIVis absolutely not an issue here, however.

Welcome Thread

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 05:23:02 am »
Yes I checked for all STD.

I will get muy results at midday. I couldīnt sleep last night. Hope that this could be a good lesson for me to learn about.

Thanks again to all of you for you pacience and assestment.

Best,
Nacho

Offline nacho_1979

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 01:06:09 pm »
Hi guys:

I finally receive my results. They all came back negative!

Thanks again for all your support and pacience.

Cheers,

Nacho

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 01:38:28 pm »
That's very happy news, Nacho. Of course it's no surprise here but I am sure you are very relieved all the same.

Time to get on with your life now.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.