Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

Partner newly diagnosed with HIV and PCP

<< < (2/15) > >>

Tonny2:

OJO       HELLO....I'M GLAD YOU ARE THERE FOR HIM, YOU MUST LOVE HIM A LOT...IT SEEMS HE IS HAVING ALL THESE PROBLEMS DUE TO HIS AIDS STATUS, BUT, ACCORDING TO YOUR POST, THE TREATMENT IS WORKING, HOPEFULLY, HE WILL START TO GET BETTER...THAT OTHER BUG, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS?...I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PCP, CD4-20, TWENTY YEARS AGO, HOPEFULLY HE WILL RECOVER SOON...I THINK HE IS WHERE HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE, DOCTORS KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR HIM, HE NEED TO START MAKING THOSE LUNG TO  START WORKING AGAIN...MERRY CHRISTMAS FOR YOU AND YOUR PARTNER...REMEMBER TO GET TESTED FOR HIV, IT'S BETTER TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE IT,, SO YOU TREAT IT BEFORE YOU END UP IN YOUR PARTNER'S SITUATION, HOPING FOR YOU TO BE HIV NEGATIVE       SANTA'S HUGS FOR BOTH OF YOU, HANG IN THERE                                    OJO

2tcells:
good luck to the both of you I hope he gets better soon! sitting in a hospital bed almost unable to move and soiling yourself brings back some memories for me, that was about 3.5 years ago. I was in there on the 4th of july with aids, pcp, thrush ect. cd4 2, vl 220k. so its possible to fully recover and I hope he gets better soon!

Lee82:
2tcells - you have no idea how happy your post makes me. Well done on your recovery, it's amazing.

Quick update, he has an appetite again! I'm bringing in all kinds of foods for him
and he is eating much much better (well 3 weeks ago he wasn't eating anything at all). They weighed him yesterday and he is 64kg (10st) so hoping weight will go on again now.

They've ramped up the physio with him and he is now able to get up out of bed by himself and walk to the toilet in his private room and back. He used a walker yesterday to get himself to the toilet and walked back to bed himself. Also he went to the toilet yesterday for the first time in weeks.

He is still breathing by himself, his sats yesterday were better than mine which we laughed about. His heartrate is still a concern though, around 108-110 resting in bed, is this normal with the antibiotics he is on (cotrimoxilide). They have reduced his feeding tube calories from 2000 to 500 overnight now he is eating.

His tongue still has thrush but nowhere near as bad as before, it's more towards to back of his tongue now, and the rest is clear.

I'm a natural worrier though and all the talk of him potentially coming home in a couple of weeks petrifies me right now to be honest.

Thanks for all your support xx

Wade:
Hi Lee, Sorry I haven't posted sooner and glad to hear things are going better.
I was in the same shape in June of 1995, in ICU with oxygen going in every hole they could put it in. I had a Bactrim IV , but no feeding tube.

My second day in a doctor came into my room with a clip board and a form for me to sign, it was for a respirator. They couldn't get my oxygen level out of the 60s and was told my organs would start shutting down and I would not make it through the night.  I refused it, and obviously woke the next day.

After 2 weeks with round the clock respiratory TX, blood gas tests twice a day and the rest of the mess I was released from the hospital. I thrived once I was home and in my own environment, at first just making it to the mail box and back made me turn blue, but I recovered quickly.

My partner was still able to work and I went back in November, we were in danger of loosing our home. 1996 along came the PIs and here we are , celebrated our 30th this past month. Bottom line the more he does the better he will feel, least that was the case for me. He is on treatment and you both have a bright future ahead of you.

He still has some hurdles ahead but the worst is over, and he will be fine. I know this has been mentioned by Patrick already , but please get your self tested if you have not already.

Best Wishes for the New Year, Wade

DANIELtakashi:
Lee,

Here is another one that was down with PCP three years ago.
My CD 4  was at 60.   Now l am back at work although l still feel worried about how long l will survive but l am here anyway now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version