Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:48:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773275
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 451
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 381
Total: 382

Author Topic: gpapadop91 - safer sex questions  (Read 7254 times)

Offline gpapadop91

gpapadop91 - safer sex questions
« on: July 17, 2021, 02:55:34 pm »
Hi Jim.

I appreciate your information and desire to help ease my mind.

I mean stay up all night , not drinking but not sleeping until 5.
This I did.

So Jim as for safer sex. Only with wife from now on.
But to occasional meetings with trans girls, what should I be careful of apart from condoms for sex? Giving oral to her at beginning before even pre cum, is more dangerous for positives ?

Have some logical question.
What if someone needs pep? I mean during sex , condom break. Are we safe due to art or not because maybe take other strains???
But art doesn't make it difficult to be infected via other strains of virus since there is no way to replicate because pharmacy in the blood?

Have a nice good night guys...

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: gpapadop91 - safer sex questions
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 03:41:59 pm »
What if someone needs pep? I mean during sex , condom break.

So HIV can't transmit through an intact latex or polyurethane condom. However, most don't use them when giving oral and on top of that condoms can break during intercourse. Although, it's obvious when that happens during intercourse so no need for anyone to panic or test out of routine for HIV unless it's obviously broken. The problem is caused mainly by incorrect usage, so use them consistently and correctly with your partners.

Once you have achieved an undetectable viral load* for at least 6 months, you can't sexually pass on HIV to your wife & other partners even if you don't use condoms. This is also known as Undetectable = Untransmittable (U=U)
* https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=71864.0

Until then condoms & PrEP would be something for your partners to consider to reduce their HIV risks if you are having sexual contact and they could ask for PEP as well after any potential mishaps leading to exposure.

But to occasional meetings with trans girls, what should I be careful of apart from condoms for sex? Giving oral to her at beginning before even pre cum, is more dangerous for positives ?

As said there in terms of STI's there is no such thing as risk-free sex. You don't have additional risks of picking up an STI though just because of your HIV status. Yes, there are STI's that can be passed onto you in the throat, you can also use a dental dam to reduce the risks or a condom.

Condoms can also reduce the risks of STI's during intercourse. However, the levels of protection for various STIs, depends significantly on differences in how the diseases or infections are transmitted. Some infections (Not HIV) are transmitted primarily by skin-to-skin contact or viral shredding ect which may infect areas not covered by a condom, such as genital herpes, human papillomavirus [HPV], etc.

Are we safe due to art or not because maybe take other strains???

That's called superinfection or reinfection, so having two strains.  It's highly rare to start with and doubted by some, a handful of reported cases over 40 years and i've not seen any reports with modern treatment as a factor. So from a practical side, you are on treatment so that will work as a barrier like PrEP against any incoming HIV.

We have had a few topics on this in the past.

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=68615
https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=65688
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 04:21:06 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 03:46:14 pm »
P.s I split your post as it's regarding safer sex to this section of the forum.

Here you can ask questions about prevention and only the more senior members & mods permitted will provide answers.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 04:21:41 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 05:25:54 pm »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 05:43:15 pm »
Not sure how it's confusing.

The first link talks about what might happen should reinfection occur and to use condoms and the 2nd is treating a corner case as evidence. A lot has changed since the last document was written.

It's simple, a far more realistic concern is co-infections and why to complicate matters.

Even if you had a re-exposure to HIV like when a condom breaks, reinfection is highly rare with only a handful of reported cases over 40 years and I've not seen any reports with modern treatment as a factor. So from a practical side, you are on treatment so that will work as a barrier like PrEP against any incoming HIV.

Also, when you think about it there have been only a very few breakthrough cases of acquiring HIV when people are taking daily PrEP with confirmed adherence and you are taking 3 drugs not 2 like in PrEP.

So my advice is to protect yourself, use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently and please do get fully tested regularly and at the very least yearly for STI's.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 05:51:38 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.