Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 354
Total: 355

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Europe meeting  (Read 7079 times)

Offline angelofdreams

• dreaming away
Europe meeting
« on: September 10, 2008, 08:45:59 pm »
hey all,

i know this has been brought up multiple times but still,
as some one living in the UK and not being able to travel to the USA or for this mather Mexico i would like to explore the options of a meeting in London.
I am aware of the large number of members on the site in the same position as myself and how much we would love to come to the AGM we just dont have the chance for what ever personal or even sometimes financial reason.

As a event manager from trade i would love to set up a meeting for people living in Europe aswell as in other parts of the world, giving everyone the option of being there.
So i would love to hear from you all regarding idea's, comments, etc.

you can email them directly to me or trowe them in the forum

xx
hugo
To live would be a awefully big adventure

Offline AMG Coordinator

Re: Europe meeting
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 09:37:44 pm »
Hello Hugo,

I started a thread a couple of weeks ago regarding a European AMG you might want to review...http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=22830.0 .

Good Luck!

Offline angelofdreams

• dreaming away
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 04:42:18 pm »
yeah, i have seen it.
unfortunatly i also seen that the only thing that happens on this site is often just talking.
no offence but i would be suprised that there will be ever a european AGM done by the AGM coordinators
To live would be a awefully big adventure

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 07:02:25 pm »
unfortunately i also seen that the only thing that happens on this site is often just talking.

Actually Angel, AMG isn't just about talking, believe it or not, it's also about trying to move something forward.  Something positive and potentially meaningful. This idea, while after 4 gatherings, is still in it's infancy.  I don't think there's a member who has participated in any (or any member who hoped to do so) gathering who would admit that the goal of accomodating everyone is  possible.  But however you analyze it, it has pretty much worked.  Or at least that is my opinion.

no offence but i would be surprised that there will be ever a European AGM done by the AGM coordinators

There's nothing stopping you or any other member from bringing forward a proposal for such a gathering. 

These gatherings have so far been member driven.  The "Coordinator" is simply a "member" who is willing to invest his/her time and effort into bringing something to fruition based upon the input from participating members.

You have the opportunity, you have the potential, you have the personal experience as an event manager, in other words, you have the power to make it happen.

Take advantage of that opportunity.

If there is enough interest, then you will succeed. 

RAB

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 07:29:38 pm »
RAb - I couldn't have said it better (or nicer).  After second thought, there are two changes I would make.

"...based on input from the majority of participating members."  And by "participating" I don't necessarily mean attending AMG.  Participation begins within these forms.  As I have said for the past 2 years when requesting recommendations or feedback, "This is your AMG."

And as we have seen for the past 4 years, the Majority of participating members have been US based. 

AND, even though the majority of participating members have been US based, there has only been ONE AMG in the US. 

Hugo - As one of the coordinators, I take great offence at your dismissal of my attempt to bring about an AMG in Europe in 2010. 

I wish you the best of luck.  I will keep my eyes out for the announcement  of date and location and will be the first to sign up.  If there is anything I can help you with please don't hesitate to pm me.

Dennis

There's nothing stopping you or any other member from bringing forward a proposal for such a gathering. 

These gatherings have so far been member driven.  The "Coordinator" is simply a "member" who is willing to invest his/her time and effort into bringing something to fruition based upon the input from participating members.

Offline Robert

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 07:47:37 pm »
Hi angel....

let me also add that they had a very successful one in Belgium a couple of years ago.  TAlk to Herman (HEARTFORYOU .)  I hope you can work something out.  I would definately put it on my calendar.

robert

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.