Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:30:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773281
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 334
Total: 334

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: stonexx - Thread.  (Read 5570 times)

Offline stonexx

• Standard
stonexx - Thread.
« on: September 30, 2017, 03:38:49 am »
so i did three test in different hospitals it was all positive and i did one more called Elisa and it was reactive with 550 antibodies. neg people should have 0 antibodies.
then i did the VIRAL LOAD test and it was 0 undetectable without taking any medication or any other treatment
anybody can explain this to me please?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:45:04 am by stonexx »

Offline stonexx

• Standard
Re: stonexx - Thread.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 03:39:37 am »

anybody can explain this to me please?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:48:18 am by stonexx »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 04:49:04 am »
Hi

I am presuming when you say tests are positive you mean rapid tests and they are reactive and than you had a VL and Elisa test done?

VL is not always accurate, but for sure the rapid tests are not a diagnosis and even a reactive Elisa test needs to be confirmed. 

Can you give some more details, has your doctor arranged for a follow-up appointment following the results or spoken to you ?

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline stonexx

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 06:16:22 am »
all the four test are blood tests and it was all positive. the doctor told me to do western blot test and we are waiting for the results 

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 06:25:25 am »
Blood tests, are just initial antibodies tests and not a diagnosis.
In short the WB test is to find out your actually status and confirm the results, it sounds like your doctor is following the correct process.

False reactive to initial tests happen and we see that all the time, hence the protocols are to confirm the results.

I understand you are stressed however what you need to do is wait for the results before overthinking things.

If your follow-up results confirm you are positive, than you should start treatment if possible no matter what the VL or CD4 results are. Anyhow I do wish you all the best and no matter what the results are when you do get the results and hear back from the doctor.

Until than and you have had a follow-up appointment if the result is positive, I will kindly ask you to only post in this one thread, this is so the mods can assist you better and we have your thoughts and concerns in one place.

Jim 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 06:28:03 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 10:55:16 am »
don't think i might be elite controller at this case?

No.

Elite controllers would test positive both on antibodies and VL tests.
See below X copies is different than not detected at all.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 02:02:01 pm »
Hi

Look its simple really "Elite controllers" are not very Elite at all and regardless of low VL's they would all still test positive in standard testing and require treatment for better health outcomes and reduce risk of early mortality.

Now I have removed your post, I have answered your site questions/emails however as a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter.  I do not intent to keep chasing you.

You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

Jim
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:09:24 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline stonexx

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 06:51:14 pm »
i wonder what do people mean by ending hiv in 2020 do they mean ending transmission of the disease or they might find a finial cure that will end it and make me neg again?

anther question i tested positive and going to start treatment next week. viral load 3k and cd4 1200
i wonder does hash/weed and alcohol affect hiv treatment? or it's ok to smoke and drink?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:54:10 pm by stonexx »

Offline harleymc

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 06:57:14 pm »
The ending HIV target is about reducing transmission.  A little bit of hitting web search engines would have shown you that.

Alcohol and cannabis have no direct effects on HIV treatment, certainly don't go missing doses because you are partying.
 Alcohol and cannabis use both affect the heart and alcohol affects the liver, it might be worth reassessing how much and how often you consume as both heart disease and liver disease are issues for people living with HIV.

Talk to your doctor.

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 07:58:29 pm »
I'm personally not bothered about being Neg again if they can figure out a way to reduce inflammation and my meds keep me virally suppressed.

HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 09:32:57 pm »

ojo      hello there,..your infection seems new, so i woundn't worry about finding the cure by 2020, just staer your treatment and keep living necer losing the hope for a cure, i've been waiting for the cure since 1995 and i'm still hopeful...as for smoking weed and alcohol, i think that you may have more problems using drugs and alcohol than the fight with the virus...just don't forget to take your meds die to heing high and drunk...hiv causes imflamation as smokingdoes,,,talk to your doctor about any doubts you may have, he will be a more reliable source of information...keep us posted how you do with your tretment...best of luck...hugs                                                  ojo

Offline daveR

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 10:47:30 pm »
I think the cure will come, in time. Until it does I don't think they will ever stop the spread. I think new infections can be greatly reduced and are already dropping in developed countries but until they get a vaccine I think they will never hit zero. A one off injection to prevent would be far easier than daily meds to maintain and control the virus.
I am still new to this but from what I have read they have made incredible progress since the start of ARV treatment and fully expect the future to bring even more improvements. Untill those improvements come I shall just keep taking the pills I have and be thankful for them.

Dave

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 03:49:01 am »
i wonder what do people mean by ending hiv in 2020 do they mean ending transmission of the disease or they might find a finial cure that will end it and make me neg again?

No no cure in sight, and it has nothing to do with curing HIV.

"Ending HIV by 20020"

This simply means the 90-90-90 goals. The goal by those signed up was/is a push that by 2020, 90% of all people living with HIV will know their HIV status. By 2020, 90% of all people with diagnosed HIV infection will receive sustained antiretroviral therapy. By 2020, 90% of all people receiving antiretroviral therapy will have viral suppression. http://www.unaids.org/en/resources/documents/2017/90-90-90

Nothing will make you negative again, you are married for good with HIV.

No I do not believe a cure is possible, not ever and certainly not in my lifetime. Nothing and I mean nothing I have comes close or has even suggested to me otherwise. "Cure" is often posted in studies and press releases, its just to get attention, sponsorship, its not actually real.  For many years people have said we are close, there always was exciting developments and after 40 years nada. I don't see this changing.

People are always looking and learning more and from that learning we also get better treatments, we are now at a stage i feels that is nearly as good as cured, see I wake up take a pill (Triumeq) it takes me less than 10 seconds no more at all and I get on with my life.

Its to be honest a bloody fantastic result and wonderful that treatment is so advanced 10 seconds a day and once in a 6 or 12 months i see a doctor who tells me I am in fantastic health. 

anther question i tested positive and going to start treatment next week. viral load 3k and cd4 1200
i wonder does hash/weed and alcohol affect hiv treatment? or it's ok to smoke and drink?

Smoking will kill you one day but living with HIV and smoking is twice as bad if not worse. Similar to drinking, look an odd drink is not going to do any harm but if you are drinking excessively or planning to wash down your meds with alcohol you may want to rethink it.

On another note, I have moved your post- Please only post in this one thread. I know you are new however I am not going to chase you across the forum and you and I have had plenty of communication out of view from the forum at this stage.

Take it easy.

Jim

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-smoking

HIV-Positive Smokers Lose Far More Years to Cigarettes Than to the Virus
https://www.poz.com/article/Cigarettes-Mortality-23293-2852

People on HIV Treatment Double Their Risk of Death By Smoking
https://www.poz.com/article/smoking-death-risk-26690-1717

How Safe Is Alcohol for People With HIV?
https://www.poz.com/article/safe-alcohol-people-hiv

« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:55:57 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline stonexx

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 06:33:28 am »
Thanks for responses and i wish they will be a cure in anyway while living my life.

i'm from Saudi Arabia and i'm so greatful to have a supportive father the only one who know about my status and that i have access to public hospitals and free meds.

Jim excuse me English is not my first language and i really don't know what you mean by saying i have to post in one thread i'm so new to this site. where did you move my post?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 09:03:21 am »
Hi

I understand you are new but you are testing my patience. I've answered your emails and complaints so far but I am not going to continue to chase, merge move posts or warn.

Only post here in this thread, so do not reply or post in other topics or open new ones.

In short you are restricted to posting here: https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=67885

Jim 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 10:25:16 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.