Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:45:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37645
  • Latest: ravsam
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773227
  • Total Topics: 66339
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 247
Total: 247

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Forgot My medication  (Read 3705 times)

Offline pinkadam

Forgot My medication
« on: July 02, 2007, 07:14:16 am »
OMG Iam so freaked out. I Forgot to take my medication(Sutiva + truvada) last night. I just remembered this morning and i took it right away at 7:00AM.
What am I supposed to do Now. Do I need to see my doctor right away.

Love to hear your opinions.

thx
Pink

Offline Dachshund

Re: Forgot My medication
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 07:22:29 am »
Relax, it shouldn't be a problem...just resume your normal schedule. If it will make you feel any better ring your doctor and I am sure they will tell you the same thing.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 07:59:38 am »
Hi ,

I don't think it will be a problem either. What time in the evening do you take your dose ? Just take the next dose on time. You'll be fine !

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 08:32:43 am »
These things are simply bound to happen from time to time, and all you can do is make every effort to minimize them.  There's no need to call your doctor.  When he asks you during your next visit about adherence issues just be honest and tell him that you missed a dose.

I missed two doses in the past year, and that's still greatly over a 99% adherence rate.  I believe the goal in treatment is 95%.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mjmel

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 08:54:25 am »
Relax. These things happen. Has happen to me several times over the last seven years. Try to come up with a fail proof method so you don't forget again. I'd offer some insight on that but obviously I'm not good at it. Adherence is important but don't let a mistake or two undermine your nerves. I make sure I take my travada in the morning as I'm prone to forget the evening dose of the other two meds.
xxx,
Mike (travada, norvir, invirase)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 09:00:24 am by mjmel »

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 11:59:46 am »
Here's a thread with lots of useful adherence tips:
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=10772.0
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline pinkadam

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 04:29:32 am »
Friends thank you so much for opinions. You guys are the best.

I learned my lesson. This happened because i went to a bithday party and carried away with the fun along with liquor.
I take my medication between 8:00PM and 11:00PM. So i took the medication along with me in my pill box while iam going to the party and left that container in my car and i totally forgot about my medication. i came back home right around and midnight and went to bed. When i woke up next morning , the first thought came into my mind is my medication. I got freaked out and took the medication right away. But when iam going to my office , i saw the pill container in my car which was empty.

So I might have taken the medication yesterday(sunday) but I forgot when i have taken it. Now iam more freaked about taking my medication before 24 hour period. So I called my doctor and he said iam okay and wanted me to resume my regular medication schedule from Tuesday.

Friends I just wanna share my story as i how important in taking medication and how we some times makes mistakes.  I would like to hear what other situations we forget to take medications and how we can avoid it.

WITH LOTS OF LOVE  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Pink

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 11:22:44 am »
I would like to hear what other situations we forget to take medications and how we can avoid it.

Read the link above in Cerrid's post.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline BassMan

• Gran Canaria 2006
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 11:55:34 am »
Pink

It happens to us all occasionally. Don't beat yourself up about it. The good news is that Sustiva hangs around in your system for days, so it's one of the more forgiving meds when it comes to missed doses.

Carl
Manchester, UK
Diagnosed December 2002
CD4 810 VL 750,000

Started meds October 2004
CD4 405 VL >100,000

Latest Results: October 2009
CD4 888 38%, VL undetectable
on fosamprenavir/ritonavir & Truvada

VL undetectable since November 2005

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 02:27:25 pm »
Pink, my ID doc said if I missed a dose. Wait till it's time to take it again and go from there. Sustiva + truvada has a long half life. Nothing worse than throwing off your schedule. I always take mine before bed. 

Offline kellyspoppi

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 03:15:16 pm »
hey guys,

thanks for this post. i'm here at work, had some down time to look over the forums, and you guys reminded me my meds are still in my travel container, right here on my desk. so thanks!

biggest problem for me is finding time for morning meal before taking my meds. usually i bring a banana & carb bar to work and down those suckers soon thereafter.

but other times like today, we are out of both and i have to wait for lunch before i take them, and by then it's out of sight, out of mind. sometimes i might not take my first dose until i am cleaning my desk at 5pm and realize i still haven't taken them. DO I FREAK OUT? HELL NO! i just down those suckers right then and there.

look, i realize there are statistics with compliance where 95% compliance usually means you are doing fine, but i try not to dwell on my mishaps. if you are freaking out about this mistake, the stress you are putting on yourself can cause just as much, if not, more damage than missing the dose.

roll with your mistakes, drop those suckers and move on. if one morning you wake up and realize you went to bed the night before and forgot to take it, be sure to take your next dose and forget about your mistake. try to make a note of why you forgot, create some safe guard for keeping that from happening again, and then move on.

we are not machines, we are human beings. we make mistakes occassionally. i love the fact that you are concerned, but you need not panic. you'll be taking these suckers for the rest of your life so learn to enjoy it as a routine, not as a matter of life and death. especially if your CD 4 numbers are above 500. your immune system is strong enough to handle an occassional slip.

good to see yourl posts today. nothing like a little hiv 101 to break the boredom of work.

see you after vacation on the 16th.until then, don't forget to drop those suckers.
our drug companies need to stay in business.........lol ::)

kellyspoppi 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.