Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:55:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773221
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 622
Total: 623

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Orlando....yippee!!!!!  (Read 6426 times)

Offline britchick

Orlando....yippee!!!!!
« on: May 20, 2015, 05:43:52 am »
I didn't think that I would make my holiday as I had  been feeling really ill over the last couple of weeks.....again!!!! Same old issues!!!!Only told my family about my plans.....in case I had to cancel
I made it here!!!!Managed to pay up holiday over 8 months and I'm so glad that I'm here.....its soooo hot!!!! :)
Just here for a week.That's long enough for me.
I'm planning on working on my tan and getting over jet lag for the first day or two( been awake since 4 am!!!) then hitting the parks....in my own time....no schedule...plenty of rests and sleep inbetween.My family surprised me with passes for Universal and Harry Potter!!!!

Meds and immigration no probs.
Will post back later in the week!!!!

britchickxxx

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Orlando....yippee!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 08:39:36 am »
Have a great Holiday ! If you are into such things there is a state park called Wekiva and its awesome . There is a spring that bubbles up and forms a river that you can canoe down and its easy going and one of the most scenic canoe trips I ever enjoyed . You can see a dime in the lagoon in forty feet of water its so clear .

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrBT79Of1xVNb0A3ihXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyMTd0YmpnBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjAwMThfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=Wekiva+State+Park+Orlando&fr=yfp-t-403

http://www.canoewekiva.com/index2.html
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 11:44:20 am »
 8)

Have a fantastic time !   :D   Best thing to do is get to the parks as soon as they open, to avoid any possible lines. It will also be a little cooler first thing in the morning. It's always a great escape from reality, so enjoy and pace yourself.

[/quote]
....its soooo hot!!!! :)

britchickxxx

ANd it's not even Summer yet !!   :P

Have a great time !! ----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 12:33:11 pm »
Enjoy your stay and note where all the water misting stations are located.  The best advice for any theme park, is to go early in the morning and head to the back of the park and work your way to the entrance.  Most folks go to the first thing they see and if you are at the back of the park, you can enjoy many exhibits before the masses arrive and lines form.

Also watch out for heat stroke.  Drink plenty of fluids and if you start to feel a little strange, get out of the sun for a bit and rest.

Enjoy being a child for a week.  8) 8) 8)

Joe

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 04:38:09 pm »
Enjoy your visit.  After going in hot weather, I refuse to go after April.  It was just so humid and the rides kept closing for lightning. 

I'm a Universal person over Disney.  We found Disney to be kinda boring.  Disney's Hollywood Studios was okay, but lacking in good rides.  I have not been to their Animal park, so that may be fun.  We loved Magic Kingdom at Christmas, when the castle was covered in lights.

We just prefer Universal.  We loved both Universal and Universal Islands Of Adventure. Universal has so many awesome rides-- Rock It rollercoaster, Mummy, Transformers, and I loved the Simpsons ride.  The Castle in Islands of Adventures for Harry Potter is just unbelievable.  The new Harry Potter in regular Universal was amazing.  Diagon Alley is hidden (on purpose), so you could walk right past it and miss it.  Try the Butter Beer.  I like the frozen one best. 

Universal does mostly indoor 3D or 4D rides.  It is amazing how the brain is tricked.  Your car goes in front of a bowed, big projection screen.  It really feels like you are flying with Harry or shooting way up into the sky, when you are really just sitting in place.  You would swear you just traveled several football fields through the building, but if you look out at the side, you see you aren't moving at all.  The rides do move through some track, but I'm talking about when you're in front of the projection screens.  Transformers really made you feel like you had been slung through an office building and then dropped to the ground. 

As you can tell, I really love it.  Hope the weather turns out good for you.  Downtown Disney is undergoing a renovation, but still many things to do there. 

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 09:43:22 pm »
Hope you have a great time !
Just a little trick to help you stay cool,
Keep your underwear in the freezer, no shit it works !
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline britchick

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 05:31:59 am »
Dear everyone
 Thanks so much for all your wee tips.I'm having such a great time!!!!
Wekeva looks amazing Jeff.I don't drive but I met some Irish people and I think that we are going to head over there on Saturday for a few hours.

I am such a big kid at heart so heading over to Harry Potter on Friday...I can't wait!!!!As for the tip about keeping undies in the freezer...lol!!!!Sounds like a good idea.

I'm sooo ashamed.as I didn't know that topless sunbathing is so not allowed here!!!!! I don't want white bits so am a wee bit miffed!!!!  ;)
I managed 4 hours out in the sun...then made myself do 30 lengths of the pool.I hate swimming...but it really helps with back pain and PN in my feet.

No all nighters yet.im such an old lady.....still got my duty free bottle...must try harder!!!!I'm loving the red wine here too....must take some back home!

Thanks again for all your great info.....I don't want to go home!!!!

britchickxx

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 06:42:02 am »
Hi.

Florida is one of the five states l have never been to.
Enjoy.
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 01:24:27 pm »

I managed 4 hours out in the sun...then made myself do 30 lengths of the pool.I hate swimming...but it really helps with back pain and PN in my feet.

britchickxx

Sounds Great !!  They just reopened the pool and spa, in the complex we live in.  It was shut down for 4 weeks and reopened last Friday.

I missed everyday that I was not able to get into the water.  It helps with my neuropathy as well !!

Have fun----Ray   8) 8) 8) 8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 11:20:30 pm »
Have a great trip, and look forward to hearing all about it, it's a place I would like to visit one day.

Have lots of fun.

Aroha
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 07:47:41 am »
Have a great trip, and look forward to hearing all about it, it's a place I would like to visit one day.

Have lots of fun.

Aroha
Jan

Hmmmm??  AMG 2016 at Disney World?  You can be Snow White -- there will be a contest to pick the 7 dwarves!   :o

Britchick -- have a GREAT time -- I do love Orlando.

M

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 04:43:32 pm »
Hmmmm??  AMG 2016 at Disney World?  You can be Snow White -- there will be a contest to pick the 7 dwarves!   :o

M

I love this idea.  I have some free passes we need to use to Disney.  But, I still prefer Universal.  We just have to be careful about getting Hogwarts.  I just realized my profile pic was taken at Universal. 

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 05:14:30 pm »

M

I love this idea.  I have some free passes we need to use to Disney.  But, I still prefer Universal.  We just have to be careful about getting Hogwarts.  I just realized my profile pic was taken at Universal.

Having gone to Disney during the summer months, all I can say is: YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.  In August, Orlando is one big skillet, with enough humidity to actually take your breath away.  Gay Day at Disney in June is bad enough, but August?  No, no, no.

Joe

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 05:18:20 pm »
Having gone to Disney during the summer months, all I can say is: YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.  In August, Orlando is one big skillet, with enough humidity to actually take your breath away.  Gay Day at Disney in June is bad enough, but August?  No, no, no.

Joe

Oh, yes.  It would have to be spring, fall, or winter.  Summer is just way too hot and humid.  I didn't mind the beach in summer, but when you get away from a breeze, it really is oppressive.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 05:38:29 pm »
July, August ,and September are just plain out hot.....
Ted , you looked very handsome in Disney World  !
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline britchick

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 08:39:25 pm »
OMG...being on holiday is exhausting :)
I am going to need about  4 days in my bed to recover when I get home.

Harry Potter and Universal were amazing...truly magical and I wish I could go back and do it all over again.....lots of fun...must try out the one near London sometime!

Wekiva was lovely thanks for that info..wish we had stayed longer.
Now I understand why people drive everywhere  around Orlando because walking reduces me to a hot sweaty mess!!!

We are just hanging out here tonight as exhausted .....got a wee carry out for later on.....as just can't even be bothered getting ready again to go out.Lovely area for sitting out chillaxing
Where do I start with the food...omg 1 portion could feed a family of 4.....the food is soooo amazing...I'm not snacking as no need .breakfast and dinner does me

Felt so full after breakfast today I couldn't eat for the next 9 hours!!!!!
The owner of the local liquor store actually told me off for walking there in the  heat!!!!!

Its freezing back home so I'm going to make the most of the sun.I will be going home with really happy memories of here and wishing I had the energy to party all night!!!!

Happy long weekend everyone!!!

britchickxx

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 09:05:13 pm »

Where do I start with the food...omg 1 portion could feed a family of 4.....the food is soooo amazing...I'm not snacking as no need .breakfast and dinner does me

britchickxx

;D ;D ;D LOL...  That's why there are so many large people walking around !!!

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline britchick

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 12:59:20 pm »
Just heading to the Airport now :-[
I have had an amazing time here :)
I had been so well behaved,swimming,chilling out. taking my meds...drinking but not over the top  ......no real late nights ...until last night!!!!!

I arrived back at my hotel at 7 am....minus one shoe!!!!!!!I'm soooo tired!!!!!!

Oh well back to reality.....cold weather and work on Monday!!!!

britchickxxx

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 01:37:26 pm »
I had been so well behaved,swimming,chilling out. taking my meds...drinking but not over the top  ......no real late nights ...until last night!!!!!

I arrived back at my hotel at 7 am....minus one shoe!!!!!!!I'm soooo tired!!!!!!

Only one shoe?  I wonder how that happened?... inquiring minds would like to know!  8)

Happy to hear you had a wonderful time.  With any luck you can sleep while crossing the pond.

Joe

Offline britchick

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 04:34:43 pm »
Joe!

That shoe was last seen on International drive......not quite as bad as it sounds......my feet were so sore...luckily as it was a Monday night they were casual.....jewelled flip flops!!! :)
A group of travellers from my hotel were all on our last night and a final drink,turned into dinner up the road with a random group of even more people,kidnapping the poor chef , to drive us,going further up International drive,meeting locals  in a late night bar and all going on to
to a a villa where we sat out on the patio till 7 am
Yes I slept on the plane back to the UK.......got home to 8 c here....46 f........ finally home...currently in my PJ's in my bed with my electric blanket on  :( :

No wonder I need 4 days to recover!!!I just can't do late nights....once a year is enough for me.!!!!

britchickxx

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 05:52:51 pm »
Brit,

Those kind of nights are what make living worth while.  It's nice to have a great vacation and I'm glad you had as much fun as you could handle.  8)

Joe

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2015, 03:21:14 pm »

M

I'm in... I'll be grumpy or dopey.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.