HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Urgent question

(1/2) > >>

Boyj48175:
Hello and thank you for this forum. I have a strange and pressing question... I am married and had a first-time encounter at a bachelor party with CSW, and unfortunately, the condom broke, so I l came out immediately. I'm in a window period and waiting to get tested.

Of course, I didn't tell anything to my wife, and I won't have sex with her until 6 weeks pass and I get tested. A strange incident happened when I was holding my two-and-a-half-year-old boy in my arms, and he accidentally scratched me deeply in my nose with his fingernails, causing a lot of bleeding. I saw that he put his hand in his mouth afterward, and I'm under immense stress. Is there a chance that if I caught something, it could pass to him?

Jim Allen:
Hiya.

You did not give your son HIV.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed.

Boyj48175:
Thanks,Sorry for asking agin, but I had a serious bleeding, and I'm pretty sure it was on his finger and hand and he putted it in his mouth, does it not affect the answer?

Jim Allen:
Asked and answered already.

Jim Allen:
Please do not post about this again, thank you.

--- Quote ---the condom broke, so I l came out immediately.
--- End quote ---

Test to confirm your HIV status six weeks after the potential exposure with a blood draw (lab) HIV antibody test. A non-reactive result at that time would rarely change. Also, consider getting an STI screening for far easier-to-acquire STIs and talk to your healthcare provider about getting vaccinated against HPV, Hepatitis A & B.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version