Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:16:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 219
Total: 221

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Atripla Rash on day 7 anyone else?  (Read 19232 times)

Offline elroy

Atripla Rash on day 7 anyone else?
« on: August 31, 2006, 05:17:35 pm »
 Today is day seven on Atripla, actually the day I am switching over to the PM dose and I have developed a rash all over my back and buttocks and is slowly working it's way around to the chest and arms.  I have read this can last a month.  If it goes onto my arms, I will have a real problem as I live in a fairly warm climate and long sleeves would stand out like a sore thumb.

Has anyone experienced this?

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
Re: Atripla Rash on day 7 anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 06:09:31 pm »
hello elroy,

have you been to your doctor, to get him to check this out? if not, would be a good idea to do that.

the rash is fairly common,&  it should be gone within a few weeks. if is bothering you, with itching etc, you could try some antihistamine, like benadryl. again, check this with your doctor.

hope it is better soon

Kate

Offline BB

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 04:15:59 am »
Oh, so that's what is going on! I thought I was doing something wrong. For the first time in over two years I've been able to exercise and feel strength and stamina increase without the usual fatigue that slowed me down. Today, however, a rash started to develop very quickly over my legs. The rash consists of red splotches ranging in size from pin head to pencil eraser size and covers my legs. Yesterday I had no rash, today I'm covered. I figured this was a side effect, like the ringing in the ears and would eventually go away, but what a surprise. I've been taking Atripla for almost two weeks so the rash was a surprise. I wonder what's next, horns maybe?

Bi
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 06:57:40 pm by BB »
Damn the Torpedoes! Full speed ahead! Adm. D. Farragut.

Started Atripla 8/18/06 and if I eat the right food when I take my meds, I get to go on a-trip-la.

Offline BB

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 07:00:31 pm »
After taking benadryl for a few days the rash went away and I feel great! I still can't believe I suffered through two years on the wrong meds. This Atripla is wonderful.

Bill
Damn the Torpedoes! Full speed ahead! Adm. D. Farragut.

Started Atripla 8/18/06 and if I eat the right food when I take my meds, I get to go on a-trip-la.

Offline Germannikesportler

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 02:50:40 pm »
I'm taking Truvada and Sustiva since 12 days (Atripla is not yet avaiable in Germany) and get three days ago a heavy rush ... two days ago the doctor gave me Prednison (Decortin 20 mg) a Cortison and an Anti-histmaticum; so the last two days it allways get better and the rash is slowly going away ...

Offline mrtallguy

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 12:17:39 pm »
IN THE FIRST MONTH THAT I WENT ON THE SUSTIVA/TRUVADA COMBO I GOT THE RASH AND THE DOC PRESCRIBED BENADRYL AND IT WAS GONE IN A WEEK.   OF COURSE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF HE WOULD HAVE TOLD ME ABOUT THE POSSIBLE/COMMON SIDE EFFECTS BUT HE DID NOT.   THIS IS YET ANOTHER REASON WHY THIS WEBSITE IS SO AMAZING WITH ALL THE TALES FROM THE "FRONT LINE".  NO DOCTOR COULD POSSIBLY COVER ALL THE VARIOUS TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS THAT ARE REVEALED HERE!

BE WELL!

CRAIG
I AM DETERMINED TO SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY!
--ACIM

Offline popqueer

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 04:39:57 pm »
I'm so glad you asked that question. Exactly 7 days and I developed a rash all over too. I was already getting used to the drunk feeling but now I gotta deal with this. I'll talk to my doctor first thing tomorrow and see what he recommends.

Offline jason0305

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 11:57:39 pm »
I started  Atripla at 9th spt
And rash were pop up so doc want to stop the antibiotic Medison
Rash bit was get better but after Friday 16th spt rash rapidly pop up
Now I have head to toe and itching a lot

I don't know what I have to do
 Benedryl didn't works

Everynight is night mare
Doc said stop the Atripla

Still didn't get it if has hard side effect why doc want me to use this med

Any help?

Offline Themepark

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 04:45:54 am »
Just want to share my experience here, I started my first combo with truvada and stocrin (it is sustiva I think). On the day 9 I began to have rashes on my arms and just 3 days later I have them all over my chest, neck, and my legs. My doc. decided to off stocrin and only continued with truvada. It took 2 days for rash to disappear. Then I switch to truvada+aluvia combo. Now it has been a month and seemed that I am doing fine with this, beside occasional sudden fatigue and weakness.

Hope you get along with it soon.....
05/08/11 Tested poz at the age of 32
06/08/11 CD4@365 27% VL=20,806
11/08/11 Truvada + Stocrin
22/08/11 Truvada (Stop Stocrin)
31/08/11 Truvada + Kaletra
15/09/11 Truvada + Aluvia
01/10/11 CD4@581 27% VL=234
25/02/12 CD4@661 30% VL<40
13/03/12 Truvada + Viramune
08/08/12 CD4@590 37% VL<40
17/11/12 CD4@650 33% VL<40
01/05/13 CD4@634 35% VL<40
06/09/13 CD4@763 36% VL<40

Offline darko03

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 06:49:16 pm »
I developed a rash a week into taking Atripla. My body itched and a large percentage of my body was covered in rash. I called my doctor and he prescribed a steroid, took Benadryl, and took a bath in Aveno Oatmeal.

It took a total of 2 weeks for the rash to subside but in the end I was stayed on the medication and continued taking my medication. The convenience of a one a day pill was a factor for staying on the regiment, especially since I was previously taking Kaletra (4 pills) and Truvada (1 pill).

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get better soon.

Mando

Offline brenner

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 10:14:57 am »
Yup, right on schedule you are.  My rash came about 10 days into Atripla.  Lasted for a couple of days and now after 7 months,  I'm feeling fine.  Numbers are doing great too.  It's been a miracle worker for me so far.  Hope it stays that way.

Good luck and hang in there.  It gets better with time.  It really does.
Feb 23. 2011  poz diagnosed
Feb 28.  cd4 257, vl 262400, %21
Mar 14.  start Atripla
May 18.  cd4 639, vl 690, %33
Aug 19.  cd4 583, vl 60, %38
Nov 18.  cd4 450, vl UD, %38
Feb.19   cd4 649, vl UD, %35
Jun 08.  cd4 524, vl UD, %34
Sep 16.  cd4 567, vl UD, %35
Dec 02.  cd4 592, vl UD, %35
Mar 10.  cd4 688, vl UD, %35

Offline JamesFromSI

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 11:44:27 am »
I got this light rash on day 9 and I took some Benadryl last night and this morning.

Have a call in to my Dr... will see what he says.

So far doing well with side effects from Atripla so hope to be able to just stay on it.

-James
Infected early 2011; Tested positive 10/25/11; Confirmed 10/31/11 (Halloween)
10/26/11: VL101,900
11/8/11: VL79,000  Cd4 822
11/20/11: Started Atripla
11/29/11: Atripla Rash... Benadryl
12/4/11: Rash Gone :-)
12/28/11: VL 143
2/9/2012: Cd4 908 VL 34!!! (Just changed undetectable to below 20 :-| )

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.