Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:01:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773282
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 333
Total: 335

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: we want a baby  (Read 2950 times)

Offline chefrusty904

we want a baby
« on: August 18, 2007, 11:55:34 am »
MY WIFE AND I ARE EXPLORING INVETERO FERTILIZATION HAS ANYONE GONE THROUGH THIS PROCESS AND COULDTELL ME A BALL PARK DOLLAR AMOUNT FOR THEPROCEDURE. I HAVE MADE ARRANGEMENT TO SECURE THE FROZEN SPERM AND HAVE IT DELIVERED(APPROX.$680.00)
DO YOU KNOW OF A CHEAPER RATE ?

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
Re: we want a baby
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 12:05:44 pm »
Are you HIV+?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 07:21:45 pm by Jerry71 »

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 02:53:13 pm »
Well donated sperm is much cheaper than egg harvesting for sure...but from I what I understand, if you have donated sperm, it can range anywhere from $300 - $1500, and eggs can from $5000 to upwards of $25,000. Are you going to the in vitro yourself or having the doctor implant? Cause if you do it yourself...sorry to invoke a turkey baster...but....it will much more cost effective. On the other hand having medical assistance, they can harvest a few eggs, and can use the sperm to fertilize all of them implant the eggs into the uterus and will have more of a chance of taking versus the in vitro method, where you may have to try several times, which could incur higher cost...

Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 07:13:17 pm »
In Vitro Fertilization ("outside the womb") = $$$$$

Turkey Baster ("do it yourself") = $

Old-Fashioned Way = 12-pack

In-vitro means that they have to harvest an egg, fertilize it with sperm in a testtube, then implant the fertilized egg(s). Ordering the sperm online means you have to deliver it to the womb under the specified circumstances (instructions should be included.)  Doing it the old-fashioned way means the mother should be on HAART to make sure the baby is not HIV+.

Offline chefrusty904

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 03:43:22 am »
Thank you for the ideas. yes I am positive,and living life.  :)russell

Offline LIZZIE LOU

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 09:35:43 am »
my son is + and his wife is - ... they want a baby too.

this is "their" plan.

christian has three brothers...all of whom have agreed to donate their sperm.  so what they want to do is have the doctor inseminate her with "all three" specimens at the same time so that they will not know exactly who the donor father is.

good luck,
kim

Offline zeb

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 07:02:23 pm »
Sperm washing also is possible

grtz
zeb

Offline Mortons Pepper

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 11:29:46 pm »
Speaking of sperm washing, is there anyone out there who knows who does this and what the first step may be in starting the process (i.e. the first call to make?)  Husband is + and I am -.  We also want to have a baby.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.