Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:19:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 226
Total: 226

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: poz cruise  (Read 4815 times)

Offline SouthSam7

poz cruise
« on: August 20, 2006, 11:23:52 pm »
Hey does anyone know anything about hiv + travel, specifically cruises?  I have seen a couple aimed mostly at straight people, but I would be interested in one for anyone hiv + including gay people, since I'm gay.  My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.  Thank you very much.  Sam in 'bama.

Offline Eldon

Re: poz cruise
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 11:36:58 pm »
Hi Sam, it is Eldon. I haven't heard from you in a while and it is good to hear that you are doing OK. Everyone is in Montreal right now having a BLAST! However, a gay cruise sounds real good right about now.

I went to: www.dogpile.com and did a search for "gay cruises". The website that was more accommodating was: http://www.gaytravel.com/. You will find a lot of intersting travel information on this site.

Who knows? Maybye we can talk to the AMG coordinators and see if they want to plan for a cruise. It's worth a try.

I also think you should have posted this in the "off topic" forum though.

poznoregon

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 12:01:08 am »
Their is usually a poz cruise once a year. This year it sails out of LA down into Mexico leaving Oct 21 and returning on Oct 28.  The web site is www.gaytravelfl.com. I am considering on going myself and will be making up my mind here in the next couple of weeks. It sounds like a fun time.

Doug

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:17:44 am »
Hey Doug, it's Eldon. Thanks for the information! An (8) eight night cruise? It's sounds awesome and it is worth looking into.

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 10:09:40 am »
Hi Sam, a local ASO had their 2nd Annual Cruise For A Cause January 14, 2006  -  January 21, 2006. I'll post the link so you can contact them directly to see if their will be a 3rd in 2007 and to get more information.

http://projectopenhand-columbus.org/cruise.html

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 11:39:09 am »
Try www.atlantisevents.com   Ive done a couple of Atlantis cruises and Highly reccomend them,
theyre not specifically POZ oriented, but theyre totally Gay and theres a daily POZ meeting..
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.