Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2022, 11:52:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 766942
  • Total Topics: 65473
  • Online Today: 219
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 180
Total: 181

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Forums Gatherings / Re: Holiday meet! Dec 10th.
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 03:08:35 am »
Saturday, 10th Dec 2022.

07:00 PST
08:00 MST
09:00 CST
10:00 EST
15:00 Ireland
16:00 CET
20:30 IST
02:00 ACT (Australia, Sunday, 11th Dec 2022)

Later today, everyone will be sent an email invite with the link for Saturday's meeting. Give me a shout if you don't get the email or still want to sign up.
Off Topic Forum / Moving To Pittsburgh PA
« Last post by Tonny2 on Yesterday at 10:24:23 pm »

ojo.             Helli there!

Someone said n here living around Pittsburgh?, I would like to meet  friends…i will appreciate your feedback…hugs
Do I Have HIV? / Re: risk assessment - should I get PEP?
« Last post by Jim Allen on Yesterday at 05:34:26 pm »
What you posted here doesn't even warrant testing outside of routine, let alone PEP.

Receiving a blowjob lacks the conditions required for acquiring HIV; thus, it makes sense that after 40+ years of this pandemic in terms of BJs, there hasn't been a single documented case of HIV transmission to an insertive partner (the person being "sucked"), and you will not be the worlds first.

As for giving a blowjob, the mouth generally lacks a route for HIV to infect, and saliva also neutralises HIV by damaging the receptors needed to infect human cells. It's such a minute HIV risk that it doesn't warrant testing outside the standard yearly screening.

Finally the intercourse, HIV can't transmit through an intact latex or polyurethane condom. Unless a condom obviously fails during intercourse, there is no reason to be stressing or testing for HIV outside the standard yearly HIV screening.

The reason I'm more worried than normal is that when I asked her status over text she immediately blocked me.
'

I don't know; I can't help you much with this, it could be dozens of common reasons, and prehaps she just doesn't like stupid questions. I know I don't.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed

Do I Have HIV? / risk assessment - should I get PEP?
« Last post by worried1233 on Yesterday at 05:06:06 pm »
Hi all,

met a trans SW yesterday and hooked up.  It involved unprotected oral on me, unprotected oral on her for 30 or less seconds until I asked her to use a condom.  Ended with protected insertive anal on her.  My condom did not break but hers kept slipping off during oral.

The reason I'm more worried than normal is that when I asked her status over text she immediately blocked me.  Called a clinic and they advised me to come in 'just to be safe.'

What's my risk level here?  Would it be advisable to take PEP? 

Thanks!
Living With HIV / Re: First Cabenuva injection
« Last post by YesImpoz on Yesterday at 11:41:16 am »
Thanks Ken.
Do I Have HIV? / Re: Flu-like symptoms 12 days after unprotected sex
« Last post by Jim Allen on Yesterday at 04:15:53 am »
I merged your posts. Please don't post in sections for people living with HIV or outside this thread again. Thank you.

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed.

So you had condomless sex twice, once in July 2021 and again on November 8th 2022.

Test at six weeks post your last potential exposure with a blood-draw (lab) HIV antibody test. The result at that time will rarely change, and retesting at three months generally isn't needed.

Do I Have HIV? / Blood panel results while I wait for HIV test results
« Last post by empeefour on Yesterday at 02:24:43 am »
26M: Flu/cold-like symptoms after blood draw

Hi, 26M 6’ 197 lbs
I had my blood drawn today. I went to my PCP for an HIV/STD screening (never had one) and also she suggested a Comprehensive metabolic panel, hemoglobin A1c test, lipid panel, and TSH with reflex.

The phlebotomist drew the blood (filled 3 test tubes) and realized she forgot one test. She re-poked me to draw more and filled one more test tube.

I also did a urine test.

Anyway, about 6-8 hours later I began to feel flu/cold like symptoms, such as chills and fatigue. Is this normal?

Now, I want to be clear. I elected the HIV/STD screening as I had unprotected sex during a ONS in July 2021. It was vaginal sex and I was the insertive partner, and I’m also circumcised. I believe the girl was negative, as were still in contact(friends now) and claims she’s been tested (although I can’t be sure)

Anyway, I received my results for everything except the HIV/STD screening, which my Doctor says will be ready Friday.

I’m not sure if I should go back to the doctor’s office if symptoms persist tomorrow as well.

Anyway, I will post the results of the rest:

* Sodium: 145mmol/L
* Potassium: 4.2
* Chloride: 106
* CO2: 27
* BUN: 10 mg/dl
* Creatinine: 0.94
* Glucose: 69
* Albumin: 4.8 g/dL
* Total protein: 7.3
* Calcium: 9.9
* Alkaline phosphate:75u/L
* Total bilirubin: 1
* AST: 25
* ALT: 16
* Globulin: 2.5 g/dL
* Anion gap: 12

Lipid panel:
* HDL: 51
* Triglycerides: 87
* LDL: 91
* Cardiac risk ratio: 3.7

Hemoglobin A1C %: 4.7

TSH with reflex: 0.99
Do I Have HIV? / Re: Scratch and bleed from HIV positive Guy
« Last post by Jim Allen on December 07, 2022, 11:59:37 pm »
Day-to-day cuts, scratches and wounds, meaning not requiring urgent medical care.

Now, if you both have stab wounds requiring urgent medical care and there is blood everywhere, and you are covered in it, talk to me again.

However, this whole scratch masturbation precum story isn't an HIV risk. Move on with your life!
Do I Have HIV? / Re: Scratch and bleed from HIV positive Guy
« Last post by midnight on December 07, 2022, 10:16:42 pm »
Im not sure what type of wound is considered minor, but mine was like a crater like shape where the mucous membrane is exposed. After a day or two, we masturbated (he masturbated his, and I masturbated mine).

The hands that he used in masturbating touch my wound, there was no ejaculation at the moment, only precum. He accidentally moved my hand and touched my wound. I'm not sure if it was moist, but the way I feel it, it was dry or maybe he there was precum on his hands but dried out. After 2, 3 or 5 minutes, I asked for a pause and smothered alcohol in it.

Btw, before we masturbated, I've washed my hands first so the scab or my wound turn to like it has white tissue or white cotton.

What are the chances of HIV infection in this scenario and type of wound? If it's like precum dried out in the hands or do moist increase the risk? Will HIV remain in the skin if it's like dried out? Are there still any particles there? How early should I get the test?
Living With HIV / Re: Positive for Covid
« Last post by harleymc on December 07, 2022, 07:58:57 pm »
My vivid horror was back in August.

12 days of posit6 tests and I was sick for over a week. Here in Australia I wasn't considered high risk for serious infection so no.option for medications.

I didn't bother notifying to be department of health.  They didn't.provide the  tears or possibility.of care.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2022 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.