Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:27:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 382
Total: 383

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: new lesion  (Read 27756 times)

Offline possiblypoz

new lesion
« on: January 14, 2007, 05:15:17 pm »
Hey everybody. I need some guidence about my symptoms. ummmmmmm, k?

First I had a test done 3 weeks after my exposure, negative. Then a couple days later i had this strange thing grow on the shaft of my wee wee. It was a circular vein with an x vein inside and had a blood blister in the center, right. I popped it, it scabbed. Thought it was herpes. Now things are making more sence as I describe more.
6 weeks after my exposure i did a dna pcr test, came back " not detected" then a couple days after that I had a rash on my right leg, and a blood blister on my left leg, looked like KS.
13 weeks after my exposure I did a Home Access test, came back negative. But I have a blood blister thing on my arm, lost a shitload of weight. like 30lbs, always tired, wake up at 4am no matter what time I go to sleep. WTF is going on with me? Now i have like peeling skin on my upper left eyelid, had a bunch of tiny veins in it at first, put some lotion on it, went down but still there. I have a small red spot on my left arm and right leg. Im sure that I am poz, just with all these symptoms. Now I know its not the end of the world if I am bc of all the medicines available, but hypothetically if I am for sure poz, would HAART clear up KS lesions almost indefinitly? Any advise people, I need everybodys support.

God Bless.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Severe symptoms.. help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 05:55:44 pm »
What ever your problems are it's not from HIV. You are HIV negative.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 06:14:14 pm »
poss,

KS doesn't show up in a newly infected person and besides, KS is something only a doctor can diagnose. Are you a doctor? Thought not.

You are hiv negative, period, end of story. Stop practicing medicine on yourself without a license and go to your doctor with your concerns. They have nothing to do with hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 06:25:50 pm »
But KS is described as an overgrowth of blood vessels. which I had on my penis and leg, and arm. So, I am waking up at 4am with a light sweat every night! and I am getting new small red blotches on my skin every couple weeks. Had weight loss, which is an indicator of KS. I know that Im not a doctor, but I know how to put 2 and 2 together. So, the Home Access at 13 weeks is conclusive? When I called to get my results, they say 6 months. Please share your knowledge people.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 06:36:38 pm »
If you would have  taken the time to read the lessons and the transmission section you would know all of this already. All the information is available in those areas. Read the "Welcome" thread and follow the link. You do not have KS even if you do know 2+2=4.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 06:45:35 pm »
can a person be hiv neg with ks?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 06:46:53 pm »
Remember, they do make money by having people re-test at 6 months. The CDC is quite conservative in this matter and has for sometime regarded 3 months as sufficient for a reliable result.

As you have already been told, you are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

You should be discussing your symptoms with a doctor instead of deciding you know more than everyone else. As far as HIV is concerned, you're worrying needlessly. Really.

No further HIV test is required. And by the way, if you had unprotected intercourse that prompted you to get tested in the first place, learn from this experience and make sure that every time you have intercourse you're wearing a latex condom. No exceptions. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 06:51:23 pm »
Yes, KS can be found on persons with a negative status. KS was considered a rare disease that mostly affected elderly men of Mediterranean or Jewish heritage, organ transplant patients, or young adult African men.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 07:12:40 pm »
I went to the doctor about my symptoms a couple weeks back, she said that hiv makes million of copies within two weeks, and the dna pcr would of picked it up at the six week mark. but reading about the pcr test on quest diagnostics website, they state a low lymphocyte count may give a false negative result. which could be why i have experience KS. Im so confused. is the pcr a trustworthy test at the six week mark followed by a elisa 1st gen at the 13 week mark?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 07:15:27 pm »
poss,

It doesn't matter what test you had during your window period. Your conclusive three month test was negative. You do not have hiv.

What incident made you worry and test in the first place?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 07:17:50 pm »
Go get help from your doctor or a mental health professional. You are NEGATIVE and there is no use of discussing this any further. Get the help you need because you are not going to find it here.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 07:27:53 pm »
Well the incident that made me worry. is i had protected vaginal with an older woman, me being 23 and her 36. right, anyhow i asked her if she had hiv, and she basically flipped out and said "if you got it, it wasnt from me" that kind of made me worry, right. then she said the only thing she had was cervical cancer, and im getting these red spots, and overgrowth blood vessels resembling KS. and i remember that she had a birthmark lookin thing on her arm, which could of been ks, who knows. but i am having every symptom. lesion on the eyelid, red spots, ks lookin thing on my leg, weight loss, night sweats, depression, extreme fatigue, vision kind of blurry, cronic dry cough. shit i know that if it is hiv afterall that its not the end of the world bc of haart. but i am utterly confused. im really glad that i can get responces from everybody on this forum. my life has been a complete wreck these few months. so, i dont know if i can trust the 13 week home access with my symptoms.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 07:29:38 pm »
You didn't need to test, nor do you need to test now. You didn't have a risk. End of this story.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 07:30:57 pm »
was protected vaginal and unproted oral, i felt her bite it a little and spit in it. but i was so drunk i didnt care at the time. now i do.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 07:32:28 pm »
poss,

Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection. You used a condom and therefore you did not have a risk. Getting a blowjob is also not a risk for hiv infection and it doesn't matter what sort of spin or what iffs you want to put on that blowjob. It wasn't a risk. Not one person has ever become infected with hiv through a blowjob and you will NOT be the first. You did not need to test at all over this incident.

Women do not generally get KS. Also, cancer is not an infectious disease.

You need to see your doctor about these things on your skin that are worrying you. You cannot diagnose yourself and we cannot diagnose you either. You MUST see your doctor.

One thing is for certain - your test results are conclusive. You do NOT have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 07:42:40 pm »
Well, i sure hope so. here in dallas we have the highest rate of hiv per capita in the whole us. just why am i getting ks lookin shit on my skin, eyelids, legs, red blotches. had a huge blood blister on my leg. i had protected vaginal, but changed condoms and got some of her fluid on my thing while swapping new ones. so, the 13 week should be conclusive right?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 07:45:58 pm »
No, it is not SHOULD BE, it is conclusive. See your doctor or a dermatologist for your skin issues.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 07:46:26 pm »
Poss,

The thirteen week test IS conclusive. You do not have hiv and it doesn't matter how many in your area do have hiv - you are not among that number. You are hiv negative. Period. End of story.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 07:53:23 pm »
well. what concerns me is the whole up to 6 month window. and if ks has comprised my immune system, it could take longer for my body to manufacture antibodies.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 07:57:58 pm »
Man! You are just talking total gobbledegook.

KS is not something that compromises your system. It comes about when certain things are going on in the body. It has no relationship whatsover to do with the creation of antibodies.

You're pasting a number of things together incorrectly to support your insistence that you are HIV positive. The fact is you've tested negative. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

So whatever maybe going with you symptomatically has absolutely nothing to do with HIV.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 08:00:25 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 08:10:30 pm »
ok. i hope so.

Offline possiblypoz

new lesion
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 09:59:27 pm »
Hey, I dont know if you guys remember me. but i just discovered a new lesion on my back. It was slightly smaller than a half dollar, and a blood bubble. I think its ks and i have a lesion spreading near my left eyelid. I went to the doctor, and she had me take a rna pcr and a cd4 test. thing is i tested neg at the 6 week mark with a dna pcr, and neg at the 13 week mark with a home access. I have had one other lesion on my leg as a blood bubble, and a smaller one on my arm. Thing is, if I am poz. do the meds put ks into remission?? please help with info .

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: new lesion
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 10:01:26 pm »
  Have you had a Dr. look at these "lesions"?  They will be best qualified to tell you what they are!!!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 10:04:19 pm »
yah, she thinks that i shouldnt have them since i tested neg at the 6 week mark with a dna pcr. but hell man, i hope that if it is it, that the meds will work. will they, anybody know??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 03:06:54 am »
possiblypoz, keep all your questions and additional thoughts in your orginal thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 07:15:00 am »
Stop starting new threads.

You have reliably tested negative for HIV. You ARE HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Discuss what you are calling "lesions" with your doctor. You're simply putting together a bunch of ill-informed bits and coming up with a totally baseless self-diagnosis. Stop playing doctor on yourself without a license. That's bad for your health.

This is not an HIV situation. Really.   
Andy Velez

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 03:33:50 pm »
Sorry, didnt know not to start new thread. But the doc was concerned enough to run a rna pcr and a cd4 on me. so i hope u guys are right. i will know the results next week, and will post them.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 10:11:48 pm »
I dont know why he would be running a CD4 count on you if you are not HIV positive.
RIDE!!!

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 11:46:00 pm »
Hypothetically, if this rna comes back positive. Does haart help ks regress, and no return. Anybody with or had ks know the answer to this?

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2007, 08:18:56 am »
How about before you worry about ks you actually get a diagnosis from a medical professional?  You cannot diagnose yourself.  You are putting together all sorts of things to try to support your completely unsubstantiated theory that you have HIV.  It is doubtful you even have ks, but a doctor needs to diagnose you.  The day you go through medical school is the day you can do that.   You are HIV negative.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 08:27:23 am by Coffeechick88 »
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2007, 03:21:56 pm »
just worried bc its starting to spread on the left side of my face. its red, slightly raised and the skin peels every morning. and it continues to grow. i would believe my results, but i know that ks is cancer and cancer can delay the time to produce antibodies. according to the cdc. plus i have these overgrown veins that are filled with blood. i just would like to know if haart makes them go away if i do come back with a positive rna. thats all i want to know people.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 05:20:44 pm »
Let's wait on your results before we get into treatment phases. There are no reason to be discussing them now.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 09:51:33 am »
poss,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Get to a doctor and let the doctor diagnose your lesions. It could be anything. Whatever is going on, it has nothing to do with hiv. You are hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2007, 06:56:31 pm »
All my symptoms just dont make sence. Had rapid weight loss, 30 lbs in 2 months. rash, ks looking skin lesions, depression, neuropathy, night sweats, swollen lymph nodes, some diarreah.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 07:34:12 pm »
You did NOT have a risk in the situation you described.  You need to move past this.  There is nothing we can do to help diagnose you, OR ANYONE for that matter.  Take a look at what we have said to EVERYONE.  Go get tested if you've had a risk, dont bother if you havent.  Not once do we ever diagnose someone from symptoms or lack thereof!!!

You are taking symptoms and making them fit a a specific disease, instead of the other way around.

If you are TRULY concerned over this incident (which you shouldnt be) then go spend your own money and get your negative test results, its really that simple.
RIDE!!!

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2007, 07:42:54 pm »
thing is when i was changing condoms, i was jerkin tryin to get hard. had her vag fluids while was doin it. and recieved unprotected oral. so why the heck am i getting these blood filled lesions that do not heal? i hope you guys are right, i should get my results this week.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2007, 07:45:10 pm »
Maybe you were jerkin to hard.  your best bet is to actually ask a doctor.  they went to school and everything to tell us whats wrong with us.
RIDE!!!

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2007, 07:49:59 pm »
i hope you guys are right. i did ask my doc. she said i am getting these symptoms pretty early. and my dna pcr at 6 weeks  should of picked up the hiv if i had it, then she ordered a rna pcr for me. so, i will know soon.

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2007, 06:32:22 am »
thing is when i was changing condoms, i was jerkin tryin to get hard. had her vag fluids while was doin it. and recieved unprotected oral. so why the heck am i getting these blood filled lesions that do not heal? i hope you guys are right, i should get my results this week.
You will never know the answer to that question until you stop playing doctor and go to a real doctor to find out what is up.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 06:43:28 am »
She is not the right doctor then to give you a PCR DNA test. If she knew what she was doing she would have given you a PCR RNA test if she should have done that at all.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2007, 05:35:18 pm »
I ordered the dna pcr myself from alltestsonline.com, and my doc ordered the rna pcr. is the dna pcr an unreliable test?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2007, 06:23:33 pm »
PCR DNA is not an approved diagnostic test. PCR DNA is used to monitor HIV patients viral load.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2007, 06:59:02 pm »
i thought the rna was to monitor viral load, and dna was for infants and possibly exposed people.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2007, 07:05:15 pm »
anyhow. is HAART an effective approach to control KS?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2007, 07:14:08 pm »
Studies show HAART helps, but does not totally eliminate.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2007, 07:17:20 pm »
Do you know any people that have had success with HAART for KS?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2007, 07:24:16 pm »
What's all the questions about KS and HAART. You didn't have a risk. You aren't going to be given HAART. Go to a dermatologist for further questioning.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2007, 07:29:40 pm »
I hope youre right. Just concerned, bc these things look EXACTLY like KS. Overgrown blood vessels that are filled completly with blood. popped one of them, it bled like hell, and is not healing whatsoever. So I will get my blood work back sometime and will post the results. This is just driving me crazy, having these lesions on me.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2007, 10:04:40 am »
And go see a dermatologist.
RIDE!!!

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2007, 05:46:41 pm »
found yet another blood bump on my back.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.