Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:39:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 161
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 152
Total: 153

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Atripla, Complera, next??  (Read 3560 times)

Offline newone

Atripla, Complera, next??
« on: January 18, 2017, 04:53:42 pm »
I live in the UK.
I have been on Truvada and since then I am presently taking Complera.
I am going to discuss with my Doctor the possibility of a change in regimen and I don t really know what and if will be offered as an alternative.
I have been doing well with the past and present one a day pills but recently I have been feeling extremely fatigued, rash and breathing problems that might or not be related to the HIV medications.
What new combination can I expect to be offered as an alternative??
Sustiva, Atripla, Complera, Stribild, Genvoya. Odefsey, Dovato.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Atripla, Complera, next??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 05:57:03 pm »
Big question.

Depends not only on preferred choice NHS, but also on any resistance mutations concerns or hyper-sensitivity results. You have a wide range of options in theory, again it really depends on the situation and what is causing the current issues.

Look here is some info if your technical enough page 13 to 19.
http://www.bhiva.org/documents/Guidelines/Treatment/2016/treatment-guidelines-2016-interim-update.pdf

I know its not the answer your looking for but have a conversation with your doc and find out what options you have when you see them.

Jim

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mightysure

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 09:02:59 pm »
I'm not sure.  If you have no resistance issues, you could be offered something with an integrase inhibitor, such as Stribild/Genvoya, Triumeq, or Tivicay/Descovy. Tivicay a two pill regimine that a lot of doctors in the US use because Tivicay is a well tolerated and strong antiviral medication that doesn't need pharmacokinetic booster and doesn't need to be taken with a meal, and it can be taken once per day.  Descovy is a new two-drug pill that has the newest "backbone" in HIV regimens and is better tolerated than the two backbone drugs in Triumeq.

Offline newone

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 05:34:58 am »
Thank you all for the replies, perhaps I am simply running out of luck as I never experienced any serious health problems before and for a long time during my HIV prognosis and one a day pills regimen.
One of the problems I am experiencing by using two doctors (one HIV and the other GP General Practitioner ) is that very often one somehow blames the other for the possible cause of my present ailments and often even tests are not conclusive on the cause and remedy for the problem.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 07:46:19 am »
Hi

Sorry to hear that, I know this sounds radical but I would change both doc's if i could in such a situation. It does not sound like they have a professional respect for each other and its not helpful to you.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mightysure

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 10:47:29 am »
Jim is correct.  Doctors aren't supposed to play the blame game. And if there's any personal issues, they're not supposed to expose patients to that.  Their job is to access, test,  diagnose and recommend.  This isn't a soap opera. 
If you feel like their unprofessional behavior is negatively impacting your health, work on finding new doctors. I understand you're in the UK so I'm not sure how that works,  but this is your health.  This isn't something you havw to accept less than the best.

Offline newone

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 01:18:04 pm »
After 3 years on Complera, Atripla before that with very good numbers but due to possible side effects such as excessive bloating, rash and lethargy,  I am now switching to Stribild which by reading the possible side effects it is very similar to Complera and some..
I guess I ll find out soon

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 01:27:01 pm »
Hi

To be honest, stop reading about the possible side effects, reading about it is not healthy  ;) Keep us posted on the switch there are a plenty of other forum members who take Stribild

Take it easy.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline newone

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 04:13:24 pm »
Day 3  on Stribild, no adverse side effects to report except for wind, lots of wind and I am worried about the ozone layer, I hope with time it will disappear and my numbers will be as good as they were with Complera.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 04:18:38 pm »
I trust you mean that your "wind" will disappear and not the ozone layer! ;D

Otherwise, we'll have far more than a virus to worry about.

I'm sure your numbers will be fine.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.