Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:52:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 317
Total: 317

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Generic HIV drugs  (Read 3119 times)

Offline ceerrece

Generic HIV drugs
« on: May 24, 2017, 07:33:28 pm »
Hi, recently I found this site wich sells HIV meds online.

https://www.aids-drugs-online.com/

I've done some research and find that it is apparently reliable, I wonder if some of you have any experiences with this site or with generic drugs.
Thanks

Offline terrymoore

Re: Generic HIV drugs
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 01:52:06 am »
I live in Thailand and buy generic drugs from the Thai Red Cross Anonymous Clinic.
My doctor recommended it since they are about 3-5 times cheaper and seem to work exactly the same. I have been UD for almost 2 years and my CD4 is over 1000. I see o reason why not to take them as long as you are buying the from a reliable source.
Good luck!

Offline daveR

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 02:23:11 am »
I live in Thailand and buy generic drugs from the Thai Red Cross Anonymous Clinic.
My doctor recommended it since they are about 3-5 times cheaper and seem to work exactly the same. I have been UD for almost 2 years and my CD4 is over 1000. I see o reason why not to take them as long as you are buying the from a reliable source.
Good luck!

Hi Terry

What regime are you on? I take Truvada and Edurant, genuine pills at the moment but was looking at generics fot the Truvada. It costs me about 2300 baht per 30 days supply but I see generics are abot 700 Baht for 30 days. Just a bit nervous of making the jump and due for a renewal next month.

Regards
Dave

Offline terrymoore

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 11:45:14 am »
Hi DaveR,
I am on teh same regime as you.
In Thailand i get my pills at the Thai Red Cross Anonymous Clinic - here is a link where you can check out what meds they have and the costs http://adamslove.org/en-d.php?id=73
They sell original Edurant at 202.50 THB/30 tab bottle (around $6USD).
Original Truvada costs 2,100 THB/30 tab bottle (around $62 USD) - cheaper than where you buy yours.
I take the generic version of the Truvada called RICOVIR-EM which costs 780 THB/30 tab bottle (approx $21USD).
They generic works just fine. In fact, it was my doctor that recommended me taking the generics and i have for well over 18 months without any issues.
Good luck!

Offline Expat1

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 01:58:02 pm »
I have been taking generic Truvada (Recovir-EM) for 3 years. And Partner  also.  Always undetectable. 

The Drug companies often don't actually make the Active ingredient, instead buying it from chemical companies.  So the Generic and the Name Brand may actually have been from the same source. 

Also Generic Atripla (recovir EM) is made by Mylan in India.  Which also make branded drugs like the Epipen. 

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 07:56:52 pm »

As I posted earlier on the Boards here, my Insurance Carrier switched pharmacies this year and I am on a few more generic medications. I was concerned at the beginning. However, given my recent lab results, the huge difference I see thus far regarding Generic vs. Brand Name is financial with reduced cost for Generic.

I am very pleased with my latest lab results as they are amazing! I remain Non-Detectable with no HIV-1 RNA Detected, 760 CD4, 33%, HDL, LDL, WBC and RBC, Glucose, Protein, Potassium, etc. all within normal ranges. 

Not bad going 33 years HIV+.

Best to Everyone!

:) ;) :D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 07:59:29 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.