Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:00:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772964
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Very Anxious and worried, please help  (Read 2443 times)

Offline MIanxiety

• Standard
Very Anxious and worried, please help
« on: December 22, 2012, 01:41:19 pm »
First of all I appreciate this site for many reasons, it gives guidance and awareness against the social stigma of HIV and I get everyone credit here who is able to guide others in help and advice to issues they're dealing with, I especially commend the positive members who are kind enough to help out everyone, so anyways,

last Tuesday I had unprotected anal sex, I was the bottom, and we were unprotected a couple times but never ejaculation, he had recently (him and his partner) been tested the previous Monday and was negative (5Th of DEC) , I know that I'm at risk for catching HIV as anyone is whom has had unprotected sex and thus I'm concerned with the symptoms I've been having.. So I had unprotected (the 11Th) and now its the 22ND.. also FYI this guy I've known for a couple months and wasn't just a one time thing, if that makes a difference which really doesn't.. but the symptoms I've been having started on Thursday which would be 9 days after potential exposure which could be accurate .... my symptoms include...

inguinal lymph node pain, on both sides,  they're kinda like a sore pain like if you had a bruise or something,
somewhat fatigue but still manage to workout and lift and everything just sometimes their is kind of a weight behind my eyes
white milkish discharge in stool
last night I had white milkish discharge during urination as well..
sometimes slight burning / pain when urinating

no fever, no swollen lymph nodes in arms or neck and no signs of an ARS rash ...

so that's my concern, is it more of looking like another std? gonorrhea or syphilis or chlamydia? that is my thoughts right now but I could be wrong, I've got real bad anxiety as it is and always fear every single symptom to something related to it, I'm an idiot for having unprotected sex, and don't often, actually only have twice in my life and the other I'm fine because I had an HIV test greater then 6 weeks and 3 months taken.. I'm going to get tested again but know with HIV an accurate test wouldn't be until at least 4 weeks where it would be 95% accurate... anyways , it's the holiday weekend so everything is closed and I'm currently under my parents insurance (USA has until you're 26, 21 here) and so I'm just trying to figure when I could test for the other STDs, I found some ammoxacilin so I'm taking some of that until it runs out Monday (Xmas eve where hopefully I can go get tested for the other STDs) is there a link to those other stds and HIV as well? and with the lymph nodes should my other lymph nodes be swollen and tender if it's HIV already or does it take time for the virus to spread throughout the body so I wouldn't know for a week or so? I'm just concerned and give you guys so much credit and hope to put some questions to rest, thanks again so much if you took the time to read over this... 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 01:43:31 pm by MIanxiety »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Very Anxious and worried, please help
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 02:20:09 pm »
OK M, for starters I want you to take a couple of nice deep slow breaths in and out. I mean it. Do that now. And do it everytime you become aware of anxiety building. It really, really helps to breathe well.

Now to your concerns. You know you had a risk. Nothing you are reporting symptomatically is HIV specific. And for now and for the future you need to know that neither the presence or absence of symptoms can ever be depended upon to tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. Only an HIV test taken at the proper time can give you that answer.

You can test initially at 6 weeks after the risk. If you test negative then it is likely you will continue to test negative a 3 months for a conclusive result. The average time to seconversion is 22 days.

As for concerns about any other STDs, our focus here is strictly on HIV. So other STDs are something to discuss with your doctor.

Now for the future you need to stop taking risks. You can have as much anal sex as you want to and with anyone regardless of their HIV status. But you need to do it the safer way. That means without any exceptions the insertive partner needs to use a condom. Condoms provide very effective protection.

Good luck with your tests and keep us posted.
Andy Velez

Offline MIanxiety

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 02:27:35 pm »
thank you so much for getting back to me so soon, I really appreciate it Andy.
I would just like to ask when dealing with early HIV signs, my main concern is my lymph nodes in my groin, I was wondering by them being in pain, for them to be an ARS / Early HIV symptom would all my lymph nodes have to be swollen by now? And this is ignorance but do lymph nodes all swell up at once if its an infection in all of the body or does it go lymph node by lymph node eventually through a longer period of time (week or so) all of the lymph nodes are swollen or in pain or tender or w/e their case be? Thanks again so much, and I will definitely let you know, like I said I commend you and other members for being so vocal and communicative with the anxiety stricken individuals like myself.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 07:51:54 am »
M,

Keep your hands off your lymph glands. Any infection can cause them to swell, not just hiv and we're not going to indulge you where your glands are concerned. If they're bothering you, go see a doctor about them.

Most other STIs can be tested for ten days to two weeks following a risk. You were not being very wise by taking an antibiotic you found without seeing a doctor first - sometimes you need a specific antibiotic for a specific infection. Stop self-medicating and self-diagnosing and go to a real doctor. You're not a doctor.

You can find where to test at by using our Health Services Directory.

Good luck - but take this up face-to-face with a doctor instead of trying to find a diagnosis over the internet. It's not going to work and may well end badly. SEE A DOCTOR.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.