Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:44:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 334
Total: 334

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why Would A Guy Beg You to Text Him, But then Won't Respond At All?  (Read 5964 times)

Offline RobbyR

Kinda wondering, I get these friend requests from guys on Facebook, and usually I don't actually know them, although occasionally I do. I try mostly to keep my friends to people I've actually met in person and know on Facebook. Recently a really nice goodlooking guy chatted me up and said he liked all my pictures.

He seemed sweet, and I have been out of the dating scene for awhile, and am totally happy being single, but I do always leave the door open somewhat. This particular guy started saying stuff like he would like to be "that guy" for me, and begged me to text him. I did, and we texted some.

He is a very handsome guy. But ever since that first night or so when he chatted me up, he suddenly won't return any of my texts. So what I'm wondering is why would a guy request to be your friend and say all this stuff about thinking I'm hot and want to take me out on a date, and give me his number (which I didn't ask for), and now won't even return my texts? Is he just a big bullshitter?

I mean, maybe I'm different, but I wouldn't send someone a friend request and say a bunch of flattering things, and say "I want to date you" and stuff, and then suddenly not even respond to the texts. So what gives.

Maybe I just have a very very low tolerance for bullshit lol.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Why Would A Guy Beg You to Text Him, But then Won't Respond At All?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:01:07 pm »
So what I'm wondering is why would a guy request to be your friend and say all this stuff about thinking I'm hot and want to take me out on a date, and give me his number (which I didn't ask for), and now won't even return my texts? Is he just a big bullshitter?

I mean, maybe I'm different, but I wouldn't send someone a friend request and say a bunch of flattering things, and say "I want to date you" and stuff, and then suddenly not even respond to the texts. So what gives.

Maybe I just have a very very low tolerance for bullshit lol.

People pull such bullshit all the time on cruisy sites so I guess people might do the same via Facebook. I dunno.  You wouldn't be so tacky so try not to let this tacky guy get to you.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 10:30:54 pm »
Could be his wife or boyfriend were out of town, so the cat was playing?

Offline buginme2

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 11:04:03 pm »
Beer goggles
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 09:23:49 am »
Maybe he wants to show off his messages received count.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Pilot

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 01:29:45 am »
For the same reason that guys on Poz personals do.  They chat you up and then you never hear from them again. I  sometimes think they are  so hung up on themselves or are looking for some perfect guy who does not exist. It is a crazy world but those of us who are real and sane still out number them.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 01:50:27 am »
Many are all talk and have no intention on ever meeting.  They probably are using fake pix.  On the other hand, I think many are self-conscious.  They have intentions on meeting for a date, sex, or whatever, but they suddenly feel they don't match up in looks, body fitness, money, cock size, confidence, etc.  They may be very attractive, but see themselves as not.  Or, learn you are a lawyer, for example, when they work retail.  They are so many possibilities.  If he friended you on Facebook, then it wouldn't sound like he was just playing.   

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 01:54:34 am »
Maybe the guy is in a monogamous relationship but is bored and gets off on leading single queers on and then suddenly disappearing. Like Ted!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 03:18:34 am »
Maybe the guy is in a monogamous relationship but is bored and gets off on leading single queers on and then suddenly disappearing. Like Ted!

So, you were LouCavernousHo, who is pissed I wasted his time?  I really did intend to meet, but I was self-conscious.  I am not big enough to fill your needs. 

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 08:30:33 am »
Online flirting is a game.  Play it strategically and get what you want and don't get too upset, depressed, or angry about the mind fucks others put into the game.  Though its not easy to avoid the traps sometimes.

Online flirting, cruising etc, has its advantages and disadvantages thats for sure.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 11:12:40 am »
It could have been one of a thousand things that caused him to stop, and it may not have been anything you did. You'll never know.

But this stuck out to me as kinda weird...and say a bunch of flattering things, and say "I want to date you"

Who does that? He's never even met you and wants to date you right out of the box? I've known a few like that over the years and I can tell you you are better off without this guy in my opinion.

-W
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:15:59 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 11:17:16 am »
I refuse to take dating advice from someone that picks up twinks that steal wallets from them.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 11:28:48 am »
I refuse to take dating advice from someone that picks up twinks that steal wallets from them.

I dont know why I keep rebutting this myth everytime you drag it through the Forums but ... We still dont know If it was the twink, and I never lost my wallet, and he picked me up, and the last guy I had sex with was like 40. So how bout you just keep picking up your dates off of dominicans -r-us.com and I'll keep doing it my way ::)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:36:59 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 11:36:46 am »

...  the last guy I had sex with was like 40...

Like 40 what? 40 years ago? ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 11:49:29 am »
Like 40 what? 40 years ago? ;D

40 fibs ago

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 12:01:25 pm »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 12:09:17 pm »
No one ever lies to me online , as a matter of fact Im wiring money to a very nice South African woman I met online , her name is Miss Paul Smith and she is going to split a huge sum of money with me after I pay the taxes and processing fees that allows us access to the accounts .

My story proves that there are indeed nice people online that you can trust . 

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.