Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:47:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773217
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 506
Total: 509

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Isentress+Kivexa+Prezista+Norvir  (Read 5064 times)

Offline drew50

Isentress+Kivexa+Prezista+Norvir
« on: November 14, 2008, 05:09:41 am »
Thanks to increased neuropathy in my feet, legs and fingers, i had to stop taking Videx and have gone on to Isentress but despite the fact that the side effects are minimal with isentress, I think the combination of all four (Isentress+Kivexa+Prezista+Norvir) has hit my system for six and I'm plagued with diarrhoea, night sweats and a general feeling of illhealth i haven't had in a while. I've been diagnosed with Lipodystrophie in my stomach and face too, something i always dreaded (a thin man with a bloated stomach is NOT attractive!)
Does anyone else have experience of this sort of drug combination? They still give the impression that if you're hiv+. it's just a question of taking a couple of pills - if only! If you're infected with a resistant strain....well, I don't need to tell you all.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Isentress+Kivexa+Prezista+Norvir
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 11:30:54 am »
I'm on the same combo, except instead of Kivexa (Epzicom in the US) I take Truvada.  When new treatment guidelines were released last week in the US they took Epzicom off of the "preferred" treatment list due to recent data, but it's just for patients beginning treatment so I guess it's of no concern to you, but you may find it interesting nevertheless:

http://www.poz.com/rssredir/articles/hiv_guidelines_Prezista_761_15551.shtml

At any rate I'd suspect most of your problems/issues are from taking Videx (how long were you on this? and what else have you been on in the past?)

Your new regimen sounds good -- the newest HIV drugs are much less prone to harsh side effects.  If you just began this new regimen you can't expect it to reverse damage done on a previous combo, though I'd say over time your PN should hopefully lessen or at least be more easily managed -- what are you taking for PN?

Also, do you take anything to manage diarrhea issues?  Is so what, and if not why not.  You complained about night sweats in a post dated 20 January 2007 so obviously this is something that pre-dates this new regimen.  I think for many HIV patients this just comes with the territory of having an immune dysfunction infection.  How long have you been undetectable and how long did your body go with a high viral load?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 11:33:40 am by philly267 »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline drew50

Re: Isentress+Kivexa+Prezista+Norvir
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 05:58:15 am »
Hi Philly,
Thanks for your reply. My problem is that I had lung emphysema and arthritis long before i became infected with hiv - that means that with all the drugs for all diseases together, I'm prone to diarrhoea and stomach problems anyway. It's always tricky to identify from where a particular problem comes. I take Losec to keep the stomach inflammations at bay and am on a daily preventative Immodium dose but sometimes that's just not enough. Normally after a drug change, i get just such a reaction. My CD4 cell count has dropped in the last six months but is still round the 300 but the virus is still undetectable, so the drugs are working but the neuropathy became so bad, my doctor had to change the Videx. As far as I'm aware, there isn't an effective treatment for neuropathy in the feet and fingertips - stopping the Videx should help it becoming any worse. Unfortunately I have a complex resistant strain, so can't do anything about the lipo and skin outbreaks (from the Kivexa). The night sweats I've always associated with my initial infection, though they do return whenever i get bowel problems. I've had Heliobacter Pylori problems in the past and that was difficult to get rid of so I'm hoping my current problems have nothing to do with that. After a while you just become fed up with all the tests and the time it takes to identify things and the fact that every two months something new rears its ugly head. But hey, I'm still alive at 58 so i can't grumble - many people are far worse off than me.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.