Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:54:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773210
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Evaluate my exposure in case of HIV  (Read 3562 times)

Offline worriedguy84

• Standard
Evaluate my exposure in case of HIV
« on: March 11, 2013, 09:38:23 pm »
Hi Ann/Andy,

I am worried now like anything. Please evaluate my situation.

Last HIV test: after the last condom slippage incident tested 7 times with HIV duo, and the last test was 100 days after the incident.

Current Situation: I am a male. 11 days back, I got drunk and went to a bar and have sex with a female sex worker.

i)First see put a condom and started doing fellatio to me. I am the receiver.
ii)After 3 mins or so, I started to have vaginal sex with her.
iii)Then after some time I offered her extra money for unprotected fellatio, and she agreed and open the condom and started giving me blowjob
iv)At that situation I also started to give her unprotected cunnilingus. I was not entirely entered my tongue inside of her vagina. I may be lick her vaginal may be 3-4 times each 30sec to max 1 min duration.(My oral condition is not good, though dont have blood inside under my teeth, But my tongue is rough as I preferred spicy food all the time, also a heavy smoker) 
v)After that I again asked her for vaginal sex, and she put the condom once again and started having the vaginal sex. After 5 or 10 mins I ejaculate inside.

After completion I saw the cum inside the condom. I then open the condom and through it away.

Symptoms:

i) From yesterday I am having two swollen nodes in the right side of the throat and also my tonsils were swollen.
ii) From today afternoon my body temperature is 37.1C
iii)Problem in throat while having food
iv)some red non itchy(may be 7-8) rash in the trunk location

Please let me know my situation. I am worried and not able to think anything other than HIV.

Also please suggest when should I test for HIV.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Evaluate my exposure in case of HIV
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 09:42:31 pm »
You never had an exposure in the situations you've provide.

Offline worriedguy84

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 12:00:37 am »
Thanks a lot for your reply.

But I heard incidents regarding HIV by oral exposure. I am worried as my oral hygiene is not good. That is why scared.

Also it would be great if you please ans below my questions:
1. which is more confusing or risky giving cunnilingus or giving blowjob.
2. I used a condom then open it and again wear the same condom,  is the risk increased
3. whatever I go through in some of the doctors forum, they all said performing oral sex to another carry very small risk.---are they all wrong?
4. my symptoms started exactly after 11 days (rash on trunk, fever of 37.1C, white tongue, pain in leg, most noticeable swollen lymph nodes two under right throat, one in right groin)---what is for then?
5. When can I get tested for this even.

Please understand I am very worried and looking for confirmed statement.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 01:37:38 am »
Also it would be great if you please ans below my questions:
1. which is more confusing or risky giving cunnilingus or giving blowjob.
2. I used a condom then open it and again wear the same condom,  is the risk increased
3. whatever I go through in some of the doctors forum, they all said performing oral sex to another carry very small risk.---are they all wrong?
4. my symptoms started exactly after 11 days (rash on trunk, fever of 37.1C, white tongue, pain in leg, most noticeable swollen lymph nodes two under right throat, one in right groin)---what is for then?
5. When can I get tested for this even.

I will try to answer your questions in order.

1- Neither giving NOR receiving cunnilingus has ever been documented to transmit HIV.  These activities are considered safer sex.

2- While re-using a condom is not recommended for hygiene reasons, any danger is to the woman in question and not to you. Moreover, your condom was used for fellatio, not penetrative sex the first time. The second time, it was used for vaginal sex. There is absolutely no risk to you in that activity.

3- People say that performing oral sex to another GUY (sucking his penis) is a very low risk. And it is, to the point of being no risk at all. Anyone who attempts to tell you that ANY other form of oral sex carries an HIV risk is wither uninformed or has an agenda.

4- Your symptoms are immaterial because you had absolutely no risk in the scenario you described. None at all. If they continue to plague you, please see your doctor. Other STDs are more hardy than HIV and can be transmitted far more easily. This is an HIV website, and we try not to stray too far into other pathogens here.

5- Had you had a real risk (and you did not) the soonest you could test would be six weeks after the event (of unprotected vaginal and/or anal sex with a person) but the global "gold standard" remains three months.

Hope this has helped clarify things.

You have had no risk and do not need to test.

Of course, every sexually active adult outside of a monogamous relationship should get a complete STD screening (including HIV of course) every six months.

But there is absolutely NO reason to test over the events you described.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline worriedguy84

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 09:31:44 pm »
I know you guys have told me that there were no risk for HIV for my exposure.

But I just want to update my situation here maybe for the last time:

I am 23 days now after the exposure. Now after this please look at the symptoms which I got from 21 days:

1. Red rashes in both the hands from wrist to shoulder.
2. Acute Diarreha from 3 days now.
3. Ulcer right side of tongue

* I am seriously not even to look into my hands as this is same as HIV rash.

Please experts should I test for HIV or do you think this is similar to ARS?

I am the most unlucky?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 10:03:49 pm »
You didn't have a risk for HIV and your going to have to go see a doctor if you are feeling ill . Your symptoms are not specific to HIV and we do not discuss or try to diagnose things on this website . Your doctor wouldn't try and guess whats wrong with you over the internet and would give you the same advice , if you are sick , make an appointment .

I have no idea whats causing the problem with your health but it isn't HIV . Best of luck .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.