Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:42:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 513
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 507
Total: 510

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ooops, I shouldn't have done that.  (Read 3465 times)

Offline skeebo1969

Ooops, I shouldn't have done that.
« on: August 25, 2011, 03:19:48 pm »

Sunday morning I had the difficult task of returning my pitbull, Neo, back to his original owner.   I am moving to Boston, and finding an apartment complex that allowed pitbulls was absolutely impossible.  My heart has been heavy since Sunday and I have to admit, there have been many tears shed.

Just watched this and well, you decide:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/man-best-friend-mourns-death-175219915.html

Neo during happier times

For anyone who remembers the story about how I got the Neo, Danny's been a real dick since getting him back.

Neo's introduction thread and the story of Danny the Dick.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=30032.0

Oh well, is what it is I guess. :-\

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
Re: Ooops, I shouldn't have done that.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 03:27:29 pm »
This SUCKS Skeebo.  I mean really sucks.

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 04:21:04 pm »

what hellraiser said.  This does suck.

I'm glad to hear about Boston though.  It's not Florida. Talk about adjustment.   Good luck with that.  Now, more than ever, you need to get Neo back.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 04:36:57 pm »
I am so sorry!  I can't imagine the anguish.  I read entirely through the previous post and recognized how much you love this animal and it saddens me so I can only try to feel your hurt.

Wishing you well.
Greg
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 06:55:04 pm »
Sorry about this Skeebo. Keep your head up.

That" Mans best friend" link was heart wrenching, brought a tear to my eye.

-WIll
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 07:03:39 pm »
Animals are like children that never grow up, they get old, but, they will always be loved no matter what, my heart go's out to ya Tomas  :-[
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 07:17:45 pm »
sorry to hear about how moving will be upsetting your life so much.   :'(
best wishes, even through the sadness, on your move, buddy.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 07:35:46 pm »
I would feel terrible if I had to leave my animals. I hope this guy treats Neo well.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 07:48:10 pm »

Oh well, is what it is I guess. :-\  

Thomas - very sorry to read about this.  Our pets are family and I know your heart is broken.  Sending you my best regarding your move. 

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 09:48:37 pm »

Thanks guys.  I have full confidence that Neo will be taken well care of.  Danny didn't want to give him up before, and of course, this is the main reason for his demeanor now after getting him back.  It's like, "I finally got my dog back that I never wanted to give up... thanks for taking care of him, but now I need you to go fuck off Thomas".

I fully understand a little runt like Danny, the sucker that he is, being insecure.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 06:06:24 pm »
Dear Tomas,,

I am so sorry you are going through all this dam shit at the moment, hang on to the fact that Neo will be well cared for,I think you are being very brave.I have been in Orkney for 8 weeks without internet so have not kept up with your news but I guess the move to Boston is related to your relationship problems and represents a whole new chapter in your life for you.

I am out to Dinner tomorrow and I will a) toast your new beginning and b) enjoy a now rare spliff in your honor.

onwards and upwards dear skeebo, I will be very surprised if life does not improve soon for you as your posts are so free off self pity so the good times will come.

best off luck
theyer/Michael
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Since2005

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 12:16:10 pm »
Hi Skeebo,

I have just finished up reading your thread about Neo. One can tell how much you were in love with him when you first got him. I am sure he will miss the hell out of ya. At least, you must find some consolation knowing that he is not going some abusive home, that would have been heartbreaking. My heart goes out to you for what you are going through. Just so you know, Neo would always know you love him and he loves you back.

Boston, that's exciting if its any consolation, Boston is my third favourite city in the world!

Best Wishes...

- Since

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.