Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:52:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 222
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 193
Total: 193

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Started Isentress and Truvada Combo  (Read 6283 times)

Offline TakingAChance

Started Isentress and Truvada Combo
« on: April 08, 2011, 02:09:26 am »
Hi Everyone,
I've been out of touch for a week or so. I had to move all of a sudden. I got settled on Monday and started taking Iisentress and Truvada. So far, all is well. No problems. I'm happy I moved and my life is turning around again since hearing the news of being positive. I have to admit, I did cry when I got out to the car from the pharmacy. That alway's makes things clear. I happily started treatment. I second guessed myself, but I know in the long run I made the right the decision. There were many factors involved. Although my  numbers were good, I felt my Phenotest told a better story of what was going on. I am getting use to being HIV positive. if that makes sense to anyone?
Fasten Your Seat Belts...It's going to be a Bumpy Ride!

Offline thelovedones

Re: Started Isentress and Truvada Combo
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 08:17:56 am »
Hang in there. I remember being so scared when I got home from the pharmacy, thinking to myself, "this is going to be my life...for the rest of my life." But guess what, you get used to it, just like someone who takes meds for high blood pressure or diabetes or cholestorol. It's something that becomes routine.

On another note, a good friend of mine who was diagnosed in 1984 with AIDS and who is still very much alive and looking fantastic at 50 is on Truvada and he says it works very well for him.

all the best to you
2/26/11 – Diagnosis at State Dept of Health (anonymous testing center)
2/28/11 – Oral Swab Positive diagnosis and confirmatory blood test taken
3/4/11 – Confirmed HIV Positive diagnosis; blood drawn for T-cell count, VL, and medical profile
3/11/11 – VL: 192765, T-cell: 195
3/16/11 – Prescribed Atripla and took Pill 1
4/29/11 - VL: 413, T-cell: 311
6/28/11 - VL: UNDETECTABLE, T-Cell: 437

"I've seen this happen in other people's lives and now it's happening in mine"

Offline statichope

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 10:50:22 pm »
yep I am on truvada and isentress as well, no side effects yet! (that i know of lol)

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 11:03:02 pm »
I'm on truvada and isentress too.  My side effects have been more irritating then bad.  Not having the stamina I used to, but other then that i haven't them.
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline geobee

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 11:36:01 pm »
Hey Taking A Chance --

Just wanted to offer some words of support.  Starting meds is difficult - forced me to say "yes, I really have this thing and it could be, well, forever."  I never will forget when I stupidly said "yes" to the question "Do you want to see the side effects documentation" to the pharmacist at Kaiser and she handed me what was practically a binder of scary information.  :o Now I just say "no thanks" and wolf the stuff down.   ;D

Everyone is different -- I started meds right away.  I felt more in control, I suppose -- felt I was doing everything I could.  Also, my doc said I was a rapid progressor -- I had a viral load of a million and it wouldn't be long before my T-Cells would get to the point where I'd be out of options.  Gotta give the guy credit -- he didn't really encourage me one way or the other-- just laid out the options for me to make my own decision.   My insurance (hallelujah!) was good so I started taking truvada/reyataz/norvir (was passed a resistant strain, can't take Atripla).  Been about 18 months now, and it's going OK.  Diarrhea (pretty frequent) is my only real side effect.  I'm happy with the choice I made which is, of course, different for everyone.

Just putting out the "support" vibe.  Best of luck for this part of your journey. 

Offline Malinka

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 01:41:45 pm »
I have Isentress and Truvada too... haven't started yet because of stressful situation which may affect my ability to be adherent. but I did research and it sounds like an excellent combo. Good luck and take care :D

Offline TakingAChance

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 12:55:09 am »
Thanks everyone,It's been a good deal so far. No side effects to speak of so far. I've been on it for 9 day's. Hey, "thelovedones",  I felt the same way. no denying it now I said. it's really true now that you're taking med's for it. That lasted for about 5 mins. It's all been a routine. I'm anal anyway, so adherence isn't a challenge so far.I feel better if that's possible. I think it may have more to do mentally right now. I feel more empowered now that I am doing something to fight back the virus. I also had a resistant strain. I try not to project too far into the future. I know this is a "rest of your life" story for medication. I choose to handle it "one day at a time". it's less stressful for me that way. Thank's for all the support. I seem to have gotten my life back on track and I'm very busy again doing all the things I had no energy or stamina for before.
Fasten Your Seat Belts...It's going to be a Bumpy Ride!

Offline BigDaneDogs

• Obviously does NOT like my FB pic.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 09:58:55 am »
Glad to see this is a good combination for everyone as I will be starting this probably next week.  18 years and Insentress will be my 17th med - lol!!!!
BigDaneDog because I have two big Danes.
Member since 1993

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.