Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:42:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 360
Total: 360

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread part 1. 2009 "HAPPY NEW YEAR, YOU ALL ARE SO DEAR'  (Read 49255 times)

Offline netta

Happy New Year. Hope everyone is doing well .We have alot to be thankful for ladies.
Even through the sickness and pain, sunshine and rain, we made it to 2009!!!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 07:06:15 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline vivyt

Re: Ladies Thread part 1. 2009 "HAPPY NEW YEAR, YOU ALL ARE SO DEAR'
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 09:48:01 pm »
Thank you Netta. You are so uplifting and positive. Whenever I get down and wonder why I'm here I remind myself that I God has a purpose for me otherwise I would have been gone a long time ago. I don't know what it is yet but I know there's a reason... :)

I just want to take a moment and thank all of you ladies for just being here. It is because of you that I have hope. There is a whole other side to this and you all have enlightened me. For whatever reason we have all been brought together and I am thankful for that.

Have a wonderful evening everyone. I have to go to bed at a decent hour...it's a school night, LOL!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 10:08:37 pm »
Netta, thanks for starting the new thread.  Great title also. 

Andrea, I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow at school.

Just wanted to say that.  I'm going to go read a new book I got in Arizona at the Heard Museum (Native American museum).  It was written by Indian women, all about life.  Have a good night ladies.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 04:07:22 am »
Yes I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy 2009
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 07:35:34 am »
Happy New Year , ladies.  Hope everyone is doing well. We are okay, just going through a few minor changes, nothing that can't be dealt with. Life is good, we are good and hope you all are too.   Cristy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 08:14:15 am »
Ugghhh....back to school! Although, truth be told, I am looking forward to seeing the kids.  :) I'm also going to attempt to get my growing booty into the gym today. Yeah, we shall see.

Have a great day ladies! ;D ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 08:28:15 am »
Morning ladies,

Veritee, happy new year to you as well.

Cristy, good to hear from you!  I wish you'd drop in more often.  You still have my phone number?

Andrea, happy back to school.  I think I mentioned awhile back, I got a $15/month scholarship to the local Y here, and I've yet to use it.  Good luck with your gymn quest.

Today is just another day.  My first class is this Wednesday night.  It's entitled "The Family," (it's a psych class).  The other one I'm taking this 8 weeks is "Biology."  I don't like science classes, but it's required.  The 2nd eight weeks, I'm taking "Counseling," "Anatomy and Physiology," and "Weather and Climate," (last one being of course a science elective).  Also, the weather course is online, which makes me nervous, as I've never taken an online course before.  The secretary told me she'd help me though. 

My landlord will be here in a couple hours to collect rent.  The people who live in the front apartment (they're really white trash, there I've said it), have a dog.  The landlord told the girl she can't have one there permanently.  Apparently she told the landlord the dog only goes there on visits.  Well, that's not true.  And every time they leave, the dog howls and barks.  It's not the fact that they have a dog that pisses me off.  The thing that gets me is that I paid over a hundred dollar pet deposit so I could have my cat.  I know they haven't paid a dime, and it's not fair that they get to have a pet for $0.  I'm going to mention that to my landlord today.  And I can't imagine they're taking care of the poor thing.  Every time they take their car out (it's a girl, her sister and their kids), they have to put transmission fluid in  and radiator fluid, and they leave the containers right in front of their car for someone else to dispose of.  That's not even healthy for the squirrels, any other animal wandering by etc.  But, like I said, they're white trash.

Anyway, that's my rant for today (or at least for now).  You ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 01:43:03 pm »
Thanks Betty. I have been really slack with my posting. I'm sure I still have your # , I just have to find it.                                                             Things are going well. Robert is good except he keeps bringing virus's home from school and I keep catching them. Lost my job cause I was sick on Thanksgiving and called out. They really needed me but I had a fever and chills, it was nasty. I couldn't see going in like that. Oh well, I will find another job and I was probably pushing it with the double shifts anyway. Waiting to file taxes so I can get another car. Stopped talking to that guy in SC, he wanted  to come get me and take me to his house so we could get busy but I was not comfortable with that cause I would have had to take Robert and I don't think so... And he completely ignored why I said I was uncomfortable with that.     Anyway, things could be worse and I am a survivor, this too  shall pass. Hope all you ladies are good, Queen, Moonlight, Wendy,Netta, Viv, anyone I might have forgotten . I will try to check in more often.    Later.   Cristy     

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 01:46:06 pm »
Good title netta!! Hi Cristy, I cross posted sorry.

And how awlful to lose your job because you got sick, It is one of the reasons I have not tired to get a paid job again as yet as I am scared of geting ill again and letting my work down, as I seem to catch everythign theses days, just had flu, and do not recover quickly like I used to. I hope you feel better soon, perhaps when the weather is warmer we all will.

Good luck to all who are going back to school , either for classes or to teach. I find in a way I miss going back to teach.

I do not work professionally now only voluntarily and I only do one class myself just for recreation.

I do a free creative textiles/print class, it is only one day a week on thursdays and I am doing it for fun and also as it is my wish to get a body of art work together to add to my photography and digital art work and eventually to go to the local Art School  - Falmouth Art College which is only down the road from me - to finish something I started many years ago when I went to art school as a young person - - many years ago - and eventually get an MA in art

Its very cold here.
I know its nothing like as cold as where some of you live but it is, for here, bitterly cold today - it is -5 centigrade and getting colder, how cold does it get where you all live, is - 5 cold to you?

The news on the TV keeps going on about how tonight will be the coldest night of the year in England - and the coldest for many years in the UK and right now it certainly feels like it.

As even living in the warmest part of the UK my heating is today hardly keeping my house warm at all, I am in thick clothes and the boiler is on overdrive and making funny rattling noises as if it can't believe that it is actually having to do some real work for a change to keep the house warm!
We have had the same boiler for over 18 years and I do not think it has ever worked so hard.

I do not feel like going out in this weather, but have really been to stationary recently so like you vivyt I will have to go back to the gym - have not been for months!

Perhaps with the cold I will get the snow I miss here after all. My husband and I have a £10 bet together about if it will snow here in the next few days!! Wish me luck I say it will and he says it won't!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 01:50:03 pm by Veritee »
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 03:32:55 pm »
 Hey Ladies,

How is everyone doing. I just got my labs back from the one I took in December, My CD4 is 501 it has went down from 535. I guess it's from the lack of sleep and the stress I was going through plus I had an bad sinus infection. We're back at work today. I had gotten to the point I was liking being off and being able to sleep in late. I am also waiting to file my taxes. I need to pay off some major bills. I won't have anything left out of my taxes to spoil myself with. But in March I should be getting a school check.

Betty- We have a new puppy. It's a Shih Tzu. He is 7 weeks old. He is so adorable.

CJC- Long time no hear from you. Sorry about you losing your job. What kind of work did you do?

Veritee- How is everything going with your daughter?

Viv- those was my thought about going to work today to. (UUUUGGGHHHH) I work with children also. But I love them so.

To all my other ladies, I hope all is good.

Later..

Latrice.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 07:22:00 pm »
Cristy, sorry about your job.  But working double shifts was a bit much.  Sorry about the SC guy also.  I'm glad you stuck to your guns though.  I'm sure things will work out.

Veritee, I don't know how to translate from celsius to farenheit, I only know farenheit temps.  Right now here it's actually 20F, so it's warmer than it has been.   I think it would be awesome for you to go back to school.

Latrice, now I have a name to put with your avvy.  I adore Shih Tzu's.  They are so cute.  Also, I'm sure that's why your CD4's dropped, if you were stressed and sick.  They should be better next time, provided you feel alright.

That's all I wanted to say.  Have a good evening.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 08:13:41 pm »
Hi Everyone!
Netta- I love the title!

BT- I don't blame you for being pissed about the dog.  I hope that conversation went well with the landlord.

Keeping- Did you get your doggy for Christmas?  What color did you get? The 2 ankle biters we had were supposedly shi tzus, but I think they were terriers.  I just saw your text today, I am going to give you a call in the a.m.  How are you feeling?

Viv- I need to get my butt to the gym too. I was so happy that the kids had to go back to school today. I hope you had a good day.

cjc- Sorry to hear about your job. I have  been having the same problem with getting everything the kids bring home.  I was sick the whole vacation.  I need a vacation from the vacation.

Hi Veritee- Nice to see you back!  Congrats on your daughters new job!  I am not sure what degree that temp is either, it has been in the teens around here.  We had freezing rain last night, so we had a 2 hr school delay this morning but it warmed up to the 30's by the time the kids went to school.

I have trying to lay low because I have had a cold.  I still have a cough but not nearly as bad as it was. I sounded like a frog for a while which made the kids laugh.  My father took my oldest for a couple of days so that was nice.  I took the kids to Madagascar 2 at the beginning of the week(it was cute) and the 3some to a local childrens museum, other than we did nada.

Happy New Year to all you beautiful women. I wish everyone a happy and healthy year.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 09:47:12 pm »
Good evening ladies!

Betty- Those classes sound good. I took Biology and Physiology in high school. In college I took Environmental Science and Oceanography. I LOVE the life sciences. It was the Earth Sciences I hated. I am sure you will do fine with the online class. I have never taken an online course. I prefer the interaction with people, although it might be nice to "go to class" in your pajamas. Those people with the dog sound trashy. I can't stand irresponsible pet owners. I feel sorry for the dog. There are always people who have no regard for the rules.

Cristy-Sorry about your job. It is probably better anyway since they cannot even respect the fact that you were sick. That guy you talking about doesn't sound like someone you would want to get involved with.

Veritee- That sounds cold! When I was in junior high we learned a little rhyme to help correlate Fahrenheit and Centigrade--"30 is hot, 20 is pleasing, 10 is cold, and Zero is freezing" Kind of silly but it helps to get an idea. It is in the 60's here.

Keeping- Your count still sounds good. Isn't it amazing how before we never really thought about how stress and lack of sleep could effect out health but now we actually see the connection...well at least I do.

Snow- Hey there. I hope you feel better!

Today went well. The kids were happy and I was excited to see them. I swear everytime we have a break they grow. I have a few students who are taller than me. Unfortunately I did not make to the gym...oh well....I won't lose any sleep over it... LOL! Tomorrow...That's all for now. Talk to you tomorrow!  :) :)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 11:58:56 pm »
Last October, our very good friend lost her husband.  He was 28yrs old and went in for a "routine" surgery to repair a small hole in his heart.  He went into sepsis, never woke up, and less than a week later, he was dead.  They had 6 children under 6yrs old (no multiples - all biological) and she was 7mths pregnant with baby #7. Christmas afternoon, she welcomed Caleb Daniel into their family.  She had mixed feelings because she and her husband had never discussed names and she felt almost guilty naming baby without his input.  But, baby is fine, mom is fine, siblings are fine, and she is working hard to make a life for them on her own.

I think about my friend.  I think about a member of the forum who just lost his mum. I think about the people who are alone. I think of those who's entire existences have been shaken from the foundations, and I wonder what it is that I really have to complain about.

You ladies have been a second family to me.  I have been able to be honest and feel safe.  I raise my glass to each one of you.  Our struggles are different, but in the struggling, we've found common ground. 

Here's to you.
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline vivyt

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 12:46:57 am »
That was very well said Mum.

I did forget to add something funny to my previous post. The kids have been talking about their vacation and where they traveled to, movies they saw, etc. Well during math, the kids rotate for math so I have some of my own and some from the other 2 classes. One of the students from another class was telling me about how she had to watch her little brother and how he was so bad. I asked her what he did and she said he peed on the Christmas tree. I almost burst out laughing! I am sure her parents wouldn't want anyone to know this but kids have no filter.  ;D

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 08:07:51 am »
Good morning Ladies.                                                                                 Mum, that is very sad about the lady who lost her husband. I hope she and the children will be okay.                                                                        Snow, hope you get to feeling better. I catch every little thing that comes around even if Robert doesn't.   We think that we had a mild flu about 3 weeks ago, Me, mom and Robert were all very sick and the flu shots we received must have been for a different strain. The odd thing was I got better before the 2 of them.                                              Viv, I have always loved the tidbits you share about your students. Robert loves all his teachers and I do as well . They are so kind and he is learning at an almost frightening rate. The other day I wanted him to do something and he said"My balance is poor, so I can't do it"       I had to fight to keep a straight face , he was so serious.                     Veritee, That class sounds like fun .                                                   Betty, good luck with your classes, I am sure you will ace them all. That is messed up about the dog especially since you had to pay a pet deposit and they have not. You are right in saying something to your landlord, that's just not fair. Antifreeze, radiator fluid , is highly toxic to all animals and it tastes sweet so they will drink it, then they die, not quick and easy either.You should say something to the landlord about that , too.                                                       Keeping, what a beautiful  name you have .   I am waiting on my W-2 's so I can file my taxes as well. Then I will get another car. Yah!!!!   I was waiting tables, I love it and am good at it. I will find another job, just kinda irritated that they let me go. You can't serve food sick like that. I would have given it, whatever bug I had picked up to  a lot of our guests, not to mention the staff.                    Anyway, hope everyone has a good day. It's raining here so I will get the house cleaned  since I can't go outside. Later.   Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 10:44:37 am »
Morning ladies,

Snow, my granddaughter wants to see "Madagascar 2" also.  I might take her to it this weekend, I'm not sure. 

Andrea, I love that story about the little boy who peed on the tree.  That's hilarious.

Mum, I am so sorry about your friend's husband.  What a young age.  I had sepsis when I went into a coma about, I don't know, 8 or 9 years ago.  I had a bladder infection, the antibiotics didn't work, and the poison went into my bloodstream.  I wasn't supposed to make it out of the hospital.  That's one reason I believe there's a God, because of all the times I've survived and there's been no medical/scientific explanation for it.

Cristy, I think it's terrible that they fired you for being sick.  I wouldn't want a waitress who was sick bringing me food.  I don't know why they don't understand that.

My talk with the landlord went well.  He said she'll be out by the end of March (the lady with the dog).  What she has is a 3 month old pitbull.  I think the only reason she got a pit is for status, having seen the type of people she hangs around (all slick talking gangsters).  I wouldn't trust her to raise that dog right.  It is sad that animals fall into irresponsible hands. 

I went to see "Doubt" yesterday.  If anyone hasn't seen it, I highly recommend it.  It was such an excellent movie.  Meryl Streep was just fabulous, as was Philip Seymour Hoffman.  I would see it again.

Today I don't have anything planned.  I'll probably read my book that is written by Indigenous women about life.  It's very interesting.  I hope all you ladies have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 12:19:17 pm »
Betty, do you remember what the name of the book is?  If it's good, let me know, I'd love to read it.

My parents' dog spent the night with us Sunday night.  It's a Chinese Crested.  Those are the dogs that are hairless except for a tuft of hair on their heads and tails.  They look like Squiggy from Laverne and Shirley (am I dating myself?). Anyway, Ginger is a mutant Crested in that she has an enormous amount of hair.  She looks like a tiny Afghan.  She's 100% hypoallergenic and the only breed of dog that sweats.  Also, somehow, they don't produce dander of that "dog" smell.  She's cute, sweet, and does great with the kids.  We've talked about getting a dog, but it has to be hypoallergenic, small, short-haired, patient, non-whiny, and smart.  I'd prefer one that's a year or two old and housebroken.  I have a 5yr old still in diapers - if I can't potty train my kids, how could I potty train a dog? ;)  I'd like a Bassett Hound, Pug, or a bulldog.  Her name will be Norma.

"Doubt" looked like a good movie.  I'm writing all of these down so I can look for them once they come out on DVD.  I took the kids to see Madagascar 2 and they liked it.  There was one part that I could've done without.  It was pretty raunchy.

No big plans for today.  #6 has speech therapy at 1 and #1 (son) and Mini have dance class tonight.  Hubby will do the running around today - I'm drained.

Andrea, that was funny about the tree.  When kids will share nothing else, they will gladly share germs and family secrets.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful Tuesday.
Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline netta

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 01:11:37 pm »
Ladies  :) I have had the best New Years ever!!! . I have a new man in my life!!! My NEW man came to visit!,We went to church New Years Eve and then to breakfast. For the past six years I have been alone, since a divorce. I have dated a few times but nothing came of it. Now you all can
call me a hussy, ( cause I had navyman last month)  but that was just practice for the real thing,lol. Ok you all know I was pissed at navy man for drinking up my liquor and a few other things, like taking to his ex wife the whole time he was here. Anyhow.... I had been talking to someone else also.My new man James had a few days off work so he flew down to visit me for the new year and it was great! He wined and dined me loved on me real good!!!! I have  really enjoyed him and we just click, really click. Well we decided we are not getting any  younger, he's 47 and i will be 51. We dicided  to give this a try..We talked about a lot of things and he has decided to move here with me. Yes my prayers have been answered. I dont expect perfect and we both have baggage but this relationship is worth it! He is also poz and single, never been married! I have talked to his family and checked him out. One day navyman called  out of the blue, since i had not heard from him in a while.He called early in the morn, we were sleep, so i returned his call, about noon when we were up and about. This guy acted like he didn't know who I was,!!!! playing games ,i guess he had company. Any way i ask what he wanted and he said just to say hi and then said I know u have a man there (he was always accusing me in the past)and for the first time, I said yes and we are very happy.Hesaid he wished me the best and then we hung up. Only to have him call right back, this time James my new boo answered the phone and asked what he wanted, told him to stop playing games and lose the number! ok So thats the end of that!!!! My new man is hard working and in pretty good health, but he is a diabetic, so i must learn about this. He is back home and back to work, looking for a job down here. I am still in shock because you all know I had given up on having a good man in my life. Well life is full of suprises, we talk every day and he hopes to move down after income tax returns. I can truly say I am happy and though things are happening fast, it feel so right. keep us in your prayers!
Love to everyone!!!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:32:30 pm by netta »

Offline jennynyc7

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 01:37:26 pm »
NETTA!!!! That sounds so awesome. I am so happy for you. How far away does he live right now? I wish you the best of luck and I hope navyman leaves you alone once and for all!
12/24/07-infected
1/3/08-ARS began
2/12/08-diagnosed
Initial Vl=99000
CD4=585
2/14/08-began Truvada/Reyataz/Norvir
3/01/08=Swapped Reyataz for Viramune
5/1/08:     vl= undetectable
                cd4=1250
10/24/08:  vl=undetectable
                cd4=1172 (55%)

12/4/08:    vl=254 (hopefully just a small blip)
                cd4=1234

Offline franfrog

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 01:59:08 pm »
Netta,
great idea for a thread title.  I have to say I agree with you, hated holidays and birthdays and now I look forward to each and every one knowing that I have made it through it!
I wish everyone a great 2009!
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 05:15:34 pm »
 Netta , I am so happy for you.  That sounds wonderful. Hope you will both be very happy, you deserve it.  Cristy

Offline netta

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 08:08:45 pm »
thanks all u well wishers. James lives in Stanford Conn. He told me today he is working as much overtime as possible due to the plant closing soon and laying off folks. He is a painter by trade, but working as a  mechanical operator for Clarol and Proctor and Gamble. At least he can collect while he looks for work down here in Georgia, He has contacts here so it shouldnt be too long.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 08:13:39 pm by netta »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 09:20:50 pm »
Cristy- I am sure you will find another job soon. You have such a positive attitude....love it! :)

Betty- I wanted to see that movie when I was on vacation. I think Philip Seymour is a wonderful actor. Did you ever see "The Talented Mr. Ripley"? His character was good. I am going to have to make a point to go see it. Good news about those people moving out.

Mum- I know exactly what kind of dog you are talking about. They are so ugly they're cute! LOL! I have always wanted a Pug. The only thing is they have breathing problems.

Netta- You must really have it going on! The men are drawn to you like bees to honey... ;D Good for you! Everyone deserves to be happy and we should embrace the chance when we get it. I am happy for you

Nothing really to report today. I had my appointment with my therapist and I feel like I talked a mile a minute. We had a 2 week break over the holidays and you'd be amazed how much happens in that time. I am tired today and don't really want to do anything. My Vivian is so stinky and I really need to give her a bath but I am just too tired. She gets so dirty playing with all the other dogs. I think I'll make her wait till tomorrow.

That's all. Stay warm out there and have a good night!

tendai

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 09:50:49 am »
Hi ladies. Happy New year!
My holidays were ok, visited my sister and her husband which was fine.  I was like "uh-oh" when i saw how sparkling clean her house is. She's kinda like Bree Vanderkamp from Desperate Housewives the way she's so smart and perfect.  I was terrified of dropping crumbs on the floor or messing up the chairbacks on the sofas. But it was nice I had a great time.  And Mr Out-of-town was in town for New years. so we had fun just watching movies mostly.
netta - congrats on the new boyfriend! im happy for you!
cristy - good luck finding a new job. im glad u and robert are doing ok
crap i gotta go boss just walked in

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 10:24:41 am »
Morning ladies,

Mum, the name of the book is "Every Day is a Good Day," and it's by (yes, her real name) Wilma Mankiller.   I'd never heard of that breed of dog, the Chinese crested.  And I didn't know about the dog sweating.  That's intersting.  Pugs are adorable.  If I ever live in a house with a fenced yard and could afford it, I've always wanted a boxer. 

Netta, congratulations!  Good for you.  You certainly deserve some happiness with all that's happened in your life recently.

Jenny and Fran, nice to hear from you.

Andrea, I haven't seen my therapist for a couple weeks either and he's supposed to be here tomorrow.  Sometimes I don't have any pressing problems to talk about, and then we usually just shoot the breeze.  But you're right, a lot can happen in two weeks.  Good luck giving Vivian a bath.

Tendai, good to hear from you!  I'm glad you enjoyed your holidays. 

It really snowed out last night.  I got up, looked outside, and wished I was back in Phoenix.  A lady I was talking to this morning at the ASO here was telling me she'd like to move where it doesn't snow, and where it's not hot and humid.  I told her she wouldn't like the South, as I remember when I lived in Alabama it got extremely hot and humid in the summer.  She said she had a friend who lived in Phoenix who was saying how much easier the heat there is to take because of it being dry.  But, I do know my sister talks about there being a monsoon season out there, where I guess it rains and gets a bit humid.  Like I said before, every place has it pluses and minuses.  But this snow and grayness gets old after awhile.  I like it when the sun's out.

Alright, there's my bitching for the day (though I'll probably think of something else later).  Classes start tonight.  I have "The Family," which is a psych class.  I'm glad, 'cause I'm getting tired of being inside.  I was going to go to the store today also, but not sure yet; I'll wait to see if they clear the roads anymore or not.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline netta

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 11:46:18 am »
hello, good to here from u tendai.
cristy- good luck finding a job
betty- sending some sunshine ur way!!!!
hope all is well.

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 08:23:43 pm »
Hello ladies..Hope all is well with everyone...

Go Netta..Go Netta GO GO Go GO..lol...Enjoy Sweety , you definitely deserve it.

Gotta a lil bit of baby daddy drama...ill share about later...(nothing bad ..not to ME anyways..lol)

Hope everyones holiday was well...As for me I gots me some BLING...not a ring...but some earrings , with the watch n necklace to match.....for XMas..among a few other gifts from yungin....i only mentioned the bling bcus its the first time a man has given me nice, real (lol) jewelry ..EVER..So that was exciting....im glad its over and Im ready to start planning the babies bday party in March...
Well just a few lines..let u know im still kickin and KRAZEE as Ever...so Ciao for now My Sweeties..............
J
Live life to the fullest...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 10:19:24 am »
Morning ladies,

Netta, where is that sunshine, I don't see it?

Jamie, good to hear from you!  I'm anxious to hear about the "baby daddy drama."

I wonder what Drag has been up to.  She used to check in every day; how long has it been?  Queen hasn't been around lately either, or Cin.  Deep-freeze?

It's another gray day here.  We got more snow and are supposed to get more today.  I can't believe there's going to be three more months of this.  I hope it goes by fast and spring gets here.

Last night's class was pretty good, for the first class.  We got out early (since it was the 1st one).  We have to make a "professional" family tree, and that's going to be a bit difficult for me, depending on how far back the professor wants us to go.  The only grandparent I knew was my mum's mum, the other three were dead by the time I was born, and my parents never talked about them much, so I don't know anything about them.  The one thing that may be interesting is that I have some letters my father wrote his mum during WWII when he was in Germany.  They're in a sealed envelope right now.  I have no clue how to do a good family tree.  Last night in class, we were given some time to try to make an "example" one on a piece of paper, and mine looked like a mess.  The saving grace was that pretty much everyone else's did also.  It's not as easy as it sounds.

Today my therapist comes over (I think), then tonight is another new class.  I got a letter yesterday from the president of the university about making the president's list (yipee).  I hope you ladies have a good day.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 11:11:53 am »
 Good morning Ladies.                    Betty, that is just fantastic about making the president's list. I am thinking that is like honor roll. Can't add much about the family tree, I am sure that you will do your best and apparently your best is really good so don't stress it too much.                          Not much going on here, yesterday I went to DSS to try to get our foodstamps increased and sign up for WorkFirst. Foodstamps are taken care of, the lady that does it is a bit bitchy but I am still polite to her even though I don't want to be. The WorkFirst, they can keep that. They want me to work(for free) at a "work experience site " for 35 hours per week. I only worked 20 to 30, at most, hours per week before so I'm not doing it.  The check would have been for $236 per MONTH. I think I will just beg nicely and see if my dad will let me use a vehicle to find a job. Sorry, I just had to vent about that for a minute .                            On a worse note, I am getting either Strep throat or Thrush. I called my doctor's office and we decided that my CD4"s(570) are not low enough for thrush so I must be getting Strep. She told me to gargle with salt water and if it doesn't clear by Monday then I need to come in. She would have had me come in today but I told her I have nothing to drive. There is a truck here I could use for emergency's but  last time I drove it to Greensboro, the alternator belt broke and we had to get AAA to tow it home. I have been gargling so maybe that will help.I hope Robert doesn't get it. I let him drink some of my koolaid Tuesday.                                                   Getting the upstairs vacuumed today and cleaning. No snow here but it is cold and windy. Got the house to myself today and that's nice. Hope everyone has a great day. Later.   Cristy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 09:30:39 pm »
Hey everyone.

Betty- Congratulations making the President's List. You go!!!

Cristy- I had no idea you could get thrush with CD4's in the 500's. I had thrush but my count was in the double digits. I hope the salt water cures it.

Wish- Jewelry is always fun to get... :)

I don't have much going on. I am TIRED!!! I am glad tomorrow is Friday. Nothing else to say... :) I may go to bed early. Talk to you all later!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 10:17:24 pm »
Hi GFs~

Haven't read a darn thing here, can barely keep my eyes open.  I will try to catch up this weekend. 

I wanted to wish Queen a Happy Birthday on January 12th.  I think its a BIG ONE!

More soon!

~ Cindy

HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2009, 07:56:39 am »
Morning Ladies---

Sorry I haven't checked in lately. It seems I have missed a great deal. Glad you're back home, Betty. I know your kitty missed you. Christy, good to see you. I was wondering what was going on with you. Sorry about losing your job. I know how that is, I use to work for a Hilton hotel and I use to feel for the banquet servers. Plus I had done a little serving before I went over to the PBX department. Just another name for the hotel operator. Man, I loved that job.

Netta, Girl you got to gimme your secret to finding poz guys. I can't seem to find any here and I know they're here somewhere... ;D Grats on the new man. I thought the story was funny with the Navy man. That's what Katt Williams calls Bitch Ass Dudes.

Not much going on with me. I have to go to the ENT today because either I lost all my hearing in my right ear or something is wrong with my hearing aid. My landlord also has an inspection today for the house because he is trying to sell it. But my house is clean anyways. I probably need to go out and shovel before he gets here since it snowed last night. I am also braiding my hair so that has been tedious but I am almost done. I may finish it up later.

Yep, it's the countdown til my bday. Good looking, Cindy. I'll be 40...*sighs* Though Wishful reminded me that 40 is the new 30. Somebody needs to tell my body that... ;D Gotta bounce, will check in later.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline minismom

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2009, 09:12:45 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUEEN!!!  You and my dad have the same birthday - but you are much younger ;)  My birthday is exactly 3wks after your's. 

#6 goes to the ENT (with Mini tagging along) on Tuesday to recheck her hearing.  It's gone in the right ear and we're wondering if it's going in her left.  Then, on Wed, she gets her eyes checked for the same reason.  Vision in her right eye is gone and her field of vision is narrowing in her left.  My poor baby.

Other than that, not much going on.  We had 3 inches of snow yesterday and the kids had a blast sledding down the hills.  It wore Mini out - she was sound asleep before 8pm (and awake before 6am).  Her Crankiness will show up, I'm sure, by the afternoon.  Today is her 1st day off this round of antibiotics.  We'll see how she does and pray that she's done with the infections.  Still haven't heard from PID - even after telling her nurse that we need a prescription for Kaletra so we can fill it in Feb. >:(

I guess we'd better start school.  I want to finish early so we can head out to Walmart before it gets crowded.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Mum

www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 10:21:58 am »
Morning ladies,

Cristy, I hope your throat gets better.  You can tell if it's thrush by looking at your tongue and/or back of your throat.  Do you see any white like "patches?"  I've gotten thrush with a CD4 count over 500, but I can't remember why.  Anyway, I hope you get to feeling better.  Strep is no fun either.

Andrea, happy Friday!

Queen, I hope the problem with your hearing in your right ear is the hearing aid and that it can be fixed right away.  That's got to be so frustrating. 

Mum, good luck at the ENT.  Are you going to ask about the tubes for Mini?  Please let us know how it goes.  I would keep bugging that PID.  I hate it when docs don't get back to you.  I e-mail mine when I have a problem that I think can be fixed without going in.  And I'm fortunate, 'cause he usually gets back to me within 4-5 hours.

Last night's class was Biology.  It's going to be hard, at least for me (and my friends who haven't been in high school in years).  It was four hours, with only one 15 minute break.  It's interesting, just hard to understand and follow along at the pace the teacher is going.  There's a guy in the class who's a cop who acts like a smart-ass.  There was another guy who already graduated who's a cop, but he was very nice.  This guy thinks he's smarter than everybody and snickers when someone answers and he doesn't agree with them (typical cop around here).  But whatever.  So, this weekend I'm not going to be lacking for things to do.  I have tons of homework from this class and the other one.  That's alright, keeps me busy.

Today I might start on the homework.  Other than that, I have no real plans.  I might call my sister in Arizona and see how she's doing.  I wish she would send up some of their weather; it's supposed to snow a great deal here between tonight and tomorrow.  I saw on the news this morning that the area my daughter's in in Washington (south of Seattle) is having terrible flooding.  So, I'm going to call her later also and make sure she's alright.  Have a good day ladies.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2009, 04:37:41 pm »
Hello Ladies.       Happy early Birthday, Queen. Hope that something is just wrong with your hearing aid and not your ear. I'd like to have Netta's secret as well. I know there are poz men around here, I just can't find them. Oh well, they just don't know what they are missing.                                                                              Betty, I think that it is strep. I have been gargling with salt water and a couple drops of iodine and have had a great improvement. It feels so much better. I hope your daughter is okay.                                          Mum, hope  that #6 is okay. You take such good care of your kids. Hope that Mini's ears clear up.                                                               We are good, not much happening, just getting the grocery list together for Sunday and cleaning the house. Robert has gone down in the field with my dad, he will follow Grandpa anywhere and be happy doing it. Got a letter from my oldest today. He is doing okay and I write him at least once a week.       Have a great night ladies.      Cristy       Edited to add: I put a picture back up on yhe personals and here come the scammers >:(. Maybe I'll find a good one.  Here it is . And here is a recent one of my little man

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:44:38 pm by cjc »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2009, 08:16:44 pm »
That's a beautiful pic of you Cristy, and what an adorable guy Robert is!

Offline minismom

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2009, 05:57:27 am »
BT, I've decided that Mim's PID is a royal pain in the butt and I have no idea what her issue is.  If I could change, I would, without hesitation.  Because her doc is an ID doc, we're trying to find a peds HIV-specialist out of state to take her to.  Insurance will not pay for us to see a doctor out of state unless there isn't a specialty in the state, or if going out of state is closer than going in-state.  Since I'd have to pass right by Doc on our way to PA, they won't pay.  BUT, we're trying to get around it by saying we have no HIV-specialist here, only an ID doc whose specialty is actually Cystic Fibrosis. 

At first, I was only going to talk to the ENT about Mim and see if he wanted to see her.  But, I called and he agreed to see Mim the same time he sees #6.  Even if he decides to hold off on tubes, at least I have her latest health issues, meds she took, ect, in her file (you wouldn't believe how thick it is!).  I'll probably go ahead and have her labs done while we're there.  Then, I'll call and leave yet another message for Doc telling her we had them done early and if she wants to know why, she can look in her file.  I WISH we could e-mail, but we can't.

Christy, great picture of you and Robert.  I can't believe how much he's grown!  He's the same age as one of my kids, I think - birthdays around the same time (maybe March?)  I'm glad you guys are doing well.

Yes, it's very early.  I've not slept well the last couple of nights.  My nose is stuffy, but runny.  It drains right into my poor lungs and I can't breathe.  It's not as bad as last time and seems to come and go.  I've decided that "not breathing" is my new lifestyle. 

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline apple

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2009, 06:18:55 am »
Just want to wish the ladies here a happy new year and many blessings as well. I had not been active in 2008 but intends to pop in and out this year.

It is indeed by God's Grace that all of us were able to enter 2009. Let us try to live healthily in this year and think positively.

All the best to all of you............keep on smiling :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2009, 10:43:56 am »
Morning ladies,

Cristy, I'm glad your throat is feeling better. 

Mum, I hope you can get a nap sometime today.  5 in the morning is way too early to be up.  And, I wish you luck on finding another ID doc for Mini.  When is the appointment with the ENT?

Apple, it would be cool if you joined us here more often so we could get to know you.

Well, we have officially had our first winter storm of the season.  We got 8 inches of snow between yesterday afternoon and this morning, with another possible four inches on the way.  I never know if my landlord is going to snowblow, or if I should shovel.  So far, he's been snowblowing, but of course, this is a Saturday and he may not want to do anything on the weekened.  I'm debating on whether or not to go shovel.  Hell, I just got up only an hour ago.  I still have not adjusted fully to the two hour time difference from when I was in Arizona (or I'm just lazy).

I did some homework yesterday and managed to get a couple things done.  I still have more to go.  It's going to kick my ass this term.  I hope I can keep up with everything and pass everything.   So, that's what I'm going to be doing today-shoveling and homework.  I'm sure not going anywhere (I don't even know if I could get out).  I hope you ladies have a good day.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 02:08:48 pm »
Cristy- Nice pictures  :)

Mum- I hope it all works out for you and Mini. I also hope YOU get better.

Betty- It sounds like this might be your most difficult term. I don't think it will be a problem. Your smart and hardworking. I just can't get my mind around shoveling snow. YUCK!

Apple- Nice to meet you. I look forward to getting to know you.

I did some laundry this morning and graded some papers. I'm thinking about going to Target. I somehow always seem to find something. That's all....have a good day my cyber-friends!!!!!

Offline minismom

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2009, 04:26:13 pm »
Betty, I'm a big air-head.  #6 has her eye appointment on Tuesday at 12:45pm, and the ENT for both of them is Wednesday at 10:15am.  I didn't get a nap because the kids had friends over today.  They are friends from our homeschool group and you talk about POLITE!  They were wonderful and played really well together.  Hubby is about to take them home and bring all the kids.  It's about an hour round trip, so I'll take my nap when they leave.

We had snow on Thursday, but it all melted by Friday afternoon.  There was a chance of ice storms today, but it was only rain.  30% chance of stuff for the next week with highs in the low teens.  I bought a new book, so I'm happy not going anywhere.

Andrea, lol...laundry and grading papers - the thing Saturdays are made of.  I've decided that I should've been a fish - can't breathe air, should try my hand at water :P

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 10:09:43 am »
Morning ladies,

Andrea, I like Target.  I like their baked good and some things in their deli.

Mum, it sounds like the kids had a good time.  At least the kid that came over weren't heathens. 

Another one who hasn't posted in awhile is Wendy.  I hope everyone's alright. 

We got another, oh, about 2 inches of snow on top of the 8 we already had.  By the middle of the week, the temps are supposed to drop to the single digits, about 5F degrees, with it being below zero at night.  This is the worst winter we've had in quite awhile.  It would be nice if it were going to be over by the end of next month, but we've got two and 1/2 more months of this shit, at least.

I got all my homework done between Friday and yesterday.  There was a hell of a lot. Andrea mentioned this might be my toughest semester.  Well, toughest so far, with the exception of that awful Microeconomics class I had to take.  My Biology teacher has taught biology for over 40 years, and teaches in a nearby area's high school in their honor's program.  What he has to realize, is that we're not high school students who learn at a fast rate.  I think he will if all of us students are on the same page about things.  Next eight weeks is Anatomy & Physiology.  I don't know how hard that's going to be, so I'm waiting until the next eight weeks is over to judge which was the hardest term.

Today all I have to do is take garbage out, vaccuum, and eat.   I have the ingredients to make three more batches of fudge, which I might do today.  When I originally shopped for the stuff to make fudge, I got enough to make double batches.  I wouldn't know what to do with the ingredients if I didn't make it.  Last night I was craving some.  So, that's going to be my day.  My brother is supposed to come over tonight so we can watch more of The Wire. You ladies have a good day.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2009, 06:04:20 pm »
Checking in with you ladies....I finally finished my hair yesterday. I would've been done sooner if I had not had a fever on Thursday. Not sure what the deal is with that or the dizziness I have been experiencing lately. I went to the ENT on Friday. It seems there was something wrong with the hearing aid so it got shipped off to get fixed. It was under warranty but last year this time both my hearing aids went out on me. Back then neither was under warranty but Ed, the audiologist got them fixed. My insurance company was suppose to cover them. When I say Ed, he said they denied the bill. Now I was told they were suppose to cover up the $1500 towards hearing aids. The bill was only $530. So, I am going to have to give them a call.

I haven't been doing much but sleeping. This time going to bed around 9 ish and sleeping til about 4 am. Then I am up the rest of the day. What the hell is going on? I sure as hell don't know. Maybe my biological clock is changing. Since I am going to be 40 tomorrow. My friend Jeff took me out to dinner on Friday for my birthday. We went to this nice Chinese restuarant. I watched him put away 2 plates and 2 bowls of food. While I barely could finish my plate but then I wasn't blazed either so I didn't have much of an appetite. Has also been having a good time on MySpace. I forget who started that thread but good looking out. I actually met someone from there earlier today. I don't know what made me decide to be so bold. But it actually was nice, very nice. And Sexy is still around too..Yeah, i couldn't walk away. So this bound to get interesting to say the least. Stay tuned..... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline vivyt

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2009, 06:30:26 pm »
Queen-LOL!  Your sleep pattern is my daily routine. The only difference is I get up at 5:00am.

Betty- I go to Target all the time. I'm always finding things there. A new one just opened down the street from my house. The only problem I have is that I am somewhat of an impulse shopper. I buy things and then when I get home I think about it and realize I don't really need it.

Let's see...I did more laundry today and watched some shoes that I DVR'ed. My mom gave me a pair of Ed Hardy shoes and I have been trying to exchange them for the right size since the day after Christmas and they still don't have them. My sister got the shoes too, (in a different color) and some boots and she had to go to another mall. I am going to have to do that. It's irritating when you want to wear something and you can't. Of course it is probably a good thing since you know I would have to buy an outfit to wear with them... ;)

I am going to start some lesson planning. I only have to do Language Arts but I always put it off. That's all for now!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 06:50:07 pm »
I'm here. Just dealing with some personal issues. I am ok.

Offline minismom

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2009, 07:02:11 am »
Happy Birthday Queen!!!!

Andrea, you reminded me of something I forgot to do...lol.  Need to make a geography test for #1.  You aren't the only one who puts stuff off.

Queen, my sleep has been messed up for years.  Last night, I fell asleep before 7pm, woke up about 7:30, then back to sleep about 10, woke up just after 6am.  Sunday morning, I was up about 5, and Saturday morning saw me kissing the day at 4am.  If we lived closer, we could go for coffee and be back home before anyone knew we were gone.  I tried Melatonin, but it just kept me awake all night.

Betty, I think the last semester is hardest for 2 reasons: First, you can see the end and it can't get here soon enough. Second, they save the toughest subjects for the end.  You've made it this far, you'll make it to May - with you cap and gown.  I can't wait!

Wendy, hope things start looking up for you.

Here's to a great Monday!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2009, 09:08:42 am »
Happy Birthday to me.... ;D I'm not doing anything special, that was on Friday with the dinner. My MySpace buddy wants to come over later to spend time with me for my birthday. So, that may happen. At the moment I am waiting on my friend Jeff to get motivated and swing by to get me. He's taking me to the grocery store to grab something for dinner. I am in the mood for tacos... :D Then tomorrow we will do our heavy duty shopping. I swear gay men are great friends. I love him to death. Funny though because we first met because we were neighbors. And we didn't even like each now look at us. He's poz too and I think this virus has made us closer. Ironic isn't it?

That's about it for me. Wini, just remember with whatever it is you are going through..it too shall pass. Take it from someone who knows. I hope you feel better soon. :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2009, 10:13:07 am »
Happy Birthday Queen. I hope you have a great one.  Taco's sound good, I did my big grocery shopping yesterday and got some taco mix..                                                                                                 Not much going on, Robert at school, the parents gone to the other house to do some work so I have the house to myself for a few hours.  I will get some cleaning done but only inside, the temperature is below 40, too cold for me. Thank you for the compliments about the pictures, ladies. I just felt like posting them.   Gotta go, the dryer is calling me. Hope everyone has a great day.   Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2009, 11:26:51 am »
Morning ladies,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUEEN!  Turning 40 is a big deal (I think).  And you're right, gay men are great friends.   My best gay friend is the one who took care of my kitty when I was in Phoenix.  I hope you have a good time today, with whatever you decide to do.

Andrea, I'm just getting over being an impulse shopper.  It's hard not to buy something when I think I "need" it.  Unless, of course, I don't have any money. I just ask myself if I truly need what it is I want.  If I don't, then I'm having an easier time passing it up. 

Wendy, I hope times get easier.  What Queen said it true, hard times pass.  It doesn't seem like they will when we're going through them.  And it always takes so damn long.  We're here for ya.

Cristy, you certainly wouldn't like it in Indiana if below 40 is too cold for you.  By Wednesday, we're suppsoed to be down to 8F degrees.  Unbelievable, isn't it.

Yes, 8F degrees ladies.  Ugh.  I don't remember it being that cold in years.  It seems we're getting an arctic blast from Canada.  This has been the worst winter in as far back as I can remember.  Isn't there some saying about bad winters making good summers? 

I have to do laundry today.  I really don't want to, but I don't want to run out of underwear either.  I'm going to have to wade through about 4 inches of snow to get to my car to go do it.  And my body chemistry is switching with yours, Queen.  I've now started getting up no earlier than 9:30 a.m., where I used to be up by 7:30 a.m.  Today I didn't get up until 10:30 a.m.  I don't know what's going on.  Ever since I went to Phoenix.  It would seem that I would be used to the two hour time difference by now.  I guess I'm going to have to make myself get up earlier one morning, maybe that'll help. 

Did anyone watch the Golden Globes?  Slumdog Millionaire won for best picture.  Of course, I don't put as much importance on the Globes as the Oscars, but I was happy.  It was a great picture.  If anyone hasn't seen it, I highly suggest it.         You ladies have a good day.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.