Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

ID appointment today

(1/1)

em:
My last numbers from March

Undetectable viral load

nine hundred and something CD4

good news ? has been this way for about twenty years .

bad news my blood pressure they showed concern over?

I said I felt fine .  they asked if I was light headed or felt dizzy ?

I said not in the least ? they wanted to keep me there .

I had mentioned that i take my blood pressure meds with lunch and that i Haven't taken it yet .

it was two hundred over a hundred and ten or so ?

So they said they would contact my GP for further concerning results.

the nurse had said though that she had actually seen worse ?

on a different note. I had mentioned the Brazilian patient   and how great that news was ? the doc had no idea what I was talking about ?

I am fifty five years old . hypertension and years of HIV meds along with psych meds . have given me a perspective that no one lives forever and I have had a very good run . a wife and two children that I have been a stay at home dad for. on a disability pension.   

prediabetes creeping in.

the message I would like to give is .  it was a beautiful day and my HIV is under control . to bad while waiting for a cure I had gotten old ? 

I hope everyone well and all the best to you

EM

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: em on July 16, 2020, 09:56:04 pm ---My last numbers from March

bad news my blood pressure they showed concern over?

I said I felt fine .  they asked if I was light headed or felt dizzy ?

I said not in the least ? they wanted to keep me there .

I had mentioned that i take my blood pressure meds with lunch and that i Haven't taken it yet .

it was two hundred over a hundred and ten or so ?

EM

--- End quote ---

Sorry to hear about that blood pressure 200/110 ?, is pretty dangerous. Your very lucky you didn't have a stroke. Perhaps you may have to add another BP medication, or discuss other BP medications. Do you check your BP at home on a regular basis ? If not, you should !

Ray

weasel:

Hey  em ,
                 That blood pressure is very high !  Spooky high !  I take pills for mine
    they work good , I check my pressure pretty often , sometimes it is good , sometimes it is not . It is bad for our kidneys to have high blood pressure !

As for fifty five ...  I'd go back ten years if I could  :)

be well , Carl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version