Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

Thank you for accepting me into the community.

(1/2) > >>

April21:
Hello all,

Thank you so much for hosting this space. I'm here because my husband tested positive in February and it has been really tough for me. We are still together and we are supporting each other, but for many reasons, we'd like to keep his status secret. This means that I don't have anyone to talk to, especially during this time of global pandemic when we have to stay inside. I appreciate you reading this! Stay safe, everyone.

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis, I know the news can be a lot to digest. How is your husband doing? Has he started treatment already?

How are you feeling?

Anyhow, feel free to post in this section whatever is on your mind, we're here to support each other, even if you just need to vent  ;)

Best, Jim

April21:
Thank you so much, Jim. He detected pretty early on, so he hasn't had any simptoms and is already on a drug called Dovato. It really is a miracle that modern medicine has stuff like that at its disposal. It's definitely been a very stressful time because I am angry about a lot of stuff and also worried about his and our future. I really hope he can stay healthy for many years. Right now I feel like I need to go out, see friends, be with family, but I'm not able to do that because of COVID. Aside from this forum, does anyone here know of a chat or online meeting place where I could get in touch with other people in the same situation?

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Glad to hear that he has started treatment.

--- Quote ---I really hope he can stay healthy for many years.
--- End quote ---

With treatment and care, he can live a long and normal life, HIV with treatment simply isn't the roadblock to life it once was.

--- Quote ---It's definitely been a very stressful time because I am angry about a lot of stuff and also worried about his and our future.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I can understand it's a lot to digest and comes with a lot of mixed feeling perhaps and questions, please feel free to ask any question or concerns you have here, we might not know all of the answers but we have all been through this and can share some experience.

You are not alone.

Best, Jim

April21:
Thank you so much, Jim. It's good to know I'm not alone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version