Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:51:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: In my own words  (Read 38784 times)

Offline Mini

• Standard
In my own words
« on: November 11, 2013, 03:48:27 pm »
Hello, my name is Mini.  I am 13 years old and in the 8th grade. I have 5 siblings and 2 dogs.  I live in West Virginia on a mountain in the woods.  There are lots of things that I like to do: playing outside, walking my dogs, reading, drawing, going to the doctor, watching TV, playing and talking with my friends, going to dance class, wearing mix match socks, and writing stories and poems. I hope to become a zoologist or a zoo keeper. In school I like my Mindbenders, science, and history.  I can't stand math, grammar, or Building Thinking Skills. 

I LOVE to eat!  Some of my favorite foods are pizza, hamburgers, mac-n-cheese, bacon (from a pig NOT a turkey!), cake, brownies, and ice cream.  I'm supposed to eat only sugar-free because I have diabetes, but sometimes I cheat.  My doctor said not to eat bacon and hamburgers because I have high cholesterol from my meds, but I cheat on those all the time.  Well, the hamburgers, not the bacon.  The bacon only sometimes.

Besides HIV and diabetes, I have dystonia and neuropathy and dyslexia and some other stuff I can't remember right now.  Sometimes my legs stop working and I fall, but that depends if I'm standing up or not.

I'm on 2 meds right now called Epzicom and Kaletra.

Later on,  maybe I can share my poems and my pictures.  Tell me a little bit about yourselves and what you like to do.  It would be nice to meet some of the new people here.

Mini

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: In my own words
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 03:58:45 pm »
Miss Mini!

Do you remember me and Poppy, my cat?  I sent you a picture of Poppy quite a while ago, and have a picture of you and your siblings that your mom sent me a long time ago.  I still have it in my wallet!

I have diabetes and neuropathy also, and they can be difficult to live with.  But I cheat also, with sweets sometimes, and chips, burgers and stuff like that, a lot! It's hard not to. 

I'm sure you will achieve whatever it is you want to achieve.  You are one of the bravest young ladies I know and I'm so glad you're a member now!  Hope to interact with you more!

Betty (and Poppy)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 04:12:06 pm »
Hi Mini . I'm Jeff and I'm very excited you have decided to join us . We have never met but I have hard many wonderful things about you . I have diabetes and neuropathy too and do the best I can living with it . I also cheat sometime , last night I had a milk shake from McDonald's but I did only have a small one .

One of the many reasons I'm glad you are here with is because you are so brave and you will inspire us all to be the best we can be , just like you do every day . Thanks again for joining our group .
Hugs , Jeff .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 04:44:54 pm »
Mini,

I've heard so much about you, and now I am glad to get to say hello.  You and I have many things in common.  I like all those foods and I like them too much..lol.  I do not like math either.  It was my worst subject.  Stay with it, though.  I always wondered when I would ever use it.  But, knowing how to determine whether you are getting a bad deal on a car is good to know.  You will be driving in a few years.  When people start talking fractions, my mind just goes fuzzy.  Stick with it.  You really do use more than ya think you will. 

I have 2 dogs, as well.  I know everyone would love to see your dogs and your poems.  I see you also want to work with animals.  I always say anyone who loves animals is the best kind of person.  Animals need someone looking out for them. 

Great meeting you and I hope to hear more from you.

Ted 

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 05:46:59 pm »
Mini--

Welcome. How great to see you've come aboard. Your mom did such a thoughtful and nice job of acquainting us with you.

There is something rather magical about having the maximum mini signing in!!

You've come of forum age I suppose.

Best to you.
Em

Offline mitch777

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 06:07:53 pm »
Hi Mini!

I too have heard so much about you. I'm so happy to see you join us! :)
Welcome!!! 8)

You have already inspired me more than you know.

Your first post here made me laugh. I especially liked your "real" bacon comment. Ha! I wear mix and match socks too sometimes but it's usually by accident. I'm sure you must be surrounded by beauty where you live. I grew up in cold *shiver* Minnesota but live in Connecticut now and have one dog. He is diabetic too but he doesn't let him slow him down too much.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts and hopefully one day we will meet. :)

Hugs,
Mitch

33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 06:30:26 pm »
Wow Min! I CANNOT BELIEVE how grown you are now :D

Such a wonderful young lady you are. I still remember you singing us a little song at the Boston Memorial and you had the voice of an angel ;)

Do you still have your little autograph book>? I signed it remember? Hold on to my autograph because some day it will be worth millions of dollars when I am famous  :P

Missyou!

Hugs!
-Will
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 06:51:21 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline mitch777

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 06:59:36 pm »
Hi again Mini!

I just thought I would share a picture of our dog Oliver with you.

He is a "Mini" Schnauzer. What kind of dogs do you have? Names?

m..

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 08:30:47 pm »
Hello Mini!

I never worked in a zoo; but my boy friend and I used to own a pet store up in Ohio. Some days it was like working in tiny zoo with tarantulas, coatimundis (a kind of South American raccoon), hamsters, parrots, and all sorts of fish. Even after we closed up our pet store, our house was still sort of a like a zoo because we had 1 parrot, 1 cockatiel, 7 (yes SEVEN) cocker spaniels, and 1 cat. Come to think of it even now, when it's been years later and I'm living back at my Mom's house it's still like a zoo because living there is my Mom and me, my 2 dogs, and Mom's 4 dogs!

Your mom has done a great job telling us about you and keeping us up to date on what's been going on with you for a long time. I have enjoyed "talking" (well, writing on the internet) with your Mom about what books she, I and my Mom have all read. Come to find out, we have all read a lot of the some books. ;)

I look forward to hearing more from you!

Michael
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Mini

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 08:55:42 pm »
Betty - I remember the picture you sent of Poppy in your slipper that you sent me.  Good job on your cheating - you gotta be free sometime (just not too free).

Mr. Jeff - Congrats on your cheating too, but next time do it up right and go for a LARGE. Thank you for inviting me to the site of the web.

Mr. Ted - I don't like fractions, either, so sometimes I use a fraction calculator.  The only time I don't use it is when there's no fractions.  Then, I only use a regular one.
What kinds of dogs do you have and what are their names?  Our dogs are named Ava and Henry.  They are Chinese Cresteds.  They can be overly happy, lazy, and mean when you try to take away Henry's treat and Ava gets angry if you mess up her naps.

Mr. Mitch - Oliver is very cute.  Our woods very nice. There are lots of places to sit and think, like rocks.  We have one rock that is a hotel for bugs.  Our dogs' full names are Ava Camille Rose and Henry Melchizadec Valentino Quasimoto VIII.

Willy - I bet you will be famous one day, but so will I.  So, if you want me to send you my autograph, I will then we'll see whose is worth more faster.

Mr. Michael - I would love to see some of your animals sometime.  They seem very interesting.  I've read all about some of them.  Your house does sound like a zoo - all you need are big cats and marine animals and there you go.

My friend's mom is a vet and I got to watch her do surgery on a cat.  She took like a blue napkin and put it around the cat and told us not to touch it.  Then she just cut it open. She was fixing it so it wouldn't have babies. Then she stitched it up.  After, she put some things around the cat's paws.  When the cat was asleep, her tongue was hanging out with one eye closed and one eye opened.  It looked insane!

I like to read fairytale books, books about animal facts, interesting books like science and stuff, and Diary of a Whimpy Kid and Dork Diaries.

Thank you for writing back and hope you write back again.

Mini

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 09:20:43 pm »
Mini , that was the most awesome post ever you shared with us , your life is much more exciting than mine , it makes me proud you accepted my invitation .

I also think you will be famous before Willy , so I'm thinking you may want to charge him at least $5 for your autograph and its a bargain at that . 

OH , I will have the large shake and call it a Mini  ;) .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 09:33:49 pm »
Mini,

It is WONDERFUL to hear from you again. We have missed your smiling face the past few summers.  I will never forget when you sang for us at the first Memorial Service I led.  I am glad to hear from you again.  Please say hello to your wonderful mother for me.

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005
10/05:  367 (26.2%), 24556 VL
01/06:  344 (24.6%), 86299 VL
04/06:  374 (22.0%), 87657 VL
05/06:  Began HAART 05/15/06, Combivir/Kaletra
07/06:  361 (27.8%), 1299 VL
10/06:  454 (32.4%), 55 VL
01/07:  499 (38.4%), UD
02/07:  Switched to Atripla 2/8/07
04/07:  566 (37.7%), UD
08/07:  761 (42.3%), UD
06/08:  659 (47.1%), UD
01/09:  613 (43.8%), UD
07/09:  616 (47.4%), UD
01/10:  530 (44.2%), UD
07/10:  636 (48.9%), UD
01/11:  627 (48.2%), UD
07/11:  840 (52.5%), UD
01/12:  920 (51.1%), UD
07/12:  857 (50.4%), 40
10/12:  UD
01/13:  710 (47.3%), UD
07/13:  886 (49.2%), UD
01/14:  985 (46.9%), UD
06/14:  823 (47.2%), UD
01/15: 1366 (45.2%), UD
07/15: 1134 (50.7%), UD
02/16: 1043 (55.1%), UD
08/16:  746  (55.4%), UD
08/16:  Switch from Atripla to Genvoya

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 03:30:26 am »
Good morning Mini!  I am up super early, it's only 3:30 am here.  I have insomnia, meaning I have weird waking hours, and sometimes do things when I am asleep that I don't remember, but I'm not taking sleeping pills, which can cause that problem.  Like last night, I woke up in the chair in the kitchen and have no idea how I got there, haha!

Wow, you got to watch surgery on a cat?!  That sounds so cool.  And you remembered Poppy was in my slipper, see I didn't even remember that.  You had a really great memory!

That's great you like science, that's important in the job world.  Do you do any experiments? 

Well, I have to look at other things.  I like to read newspapers online in the morning to keep up with the news.  I hope to hear more from you!

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 06:25:09 am »
Hello Mini ,

We have not met before co I must introduce myself, tell you a bit about my self and lastly point you in the direction off some photograghs that I have taken.

I am English , live in London near the Thames and 2 miles from Big Ben and the House,s Of Parliment . Because I have a very generous brother in the spring and Summer I live on a small Island off 670 people called Westray , it is part off the Orkney,s and they are off the North Coast off Scotland. I wanted to live there all the time put I can not because off health .

A very quick line on health  since 1999 I have had lots off things to get better from
but that has left a very young old man . Thats it 21 words to describe 14 years my record.

My next door neighbour in Orkney used to teach people to be Veternary Nurse.s .She has pigs,sheep ,ducks,chicken,turkeys, one very old cow , two human Males, and 4 Cats to look after. She is also a friend.

Since I can remember  I have been a dog person. I live with Mia , or when I am cross with her MISS MIASOFIA , she is a Black and Tan Jack Russel , very fast and fiesty , and as in dog terms she is a teenager at the moment , unpredictable . At the moment in London we have lots off fireworks going off due to Guy Faulks night Mia is learning to be brave about the sudden bangs and wizzes , I think she dislikes the wizzes the most,

O.k for the pictures if you go into Long Term survivors forum
ahttp://www.flickr.com/photos/mhtv/sets/72157634889195900/  and look for  " "Pictures off Canine in Orkney " that will get you the pictures if the link I have just posted ^^^^^ does not work.

So I look forward to reading your Post,s and wish you well.

Michael Henry Theyer

"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 09:23:15 am »
Mini!!!

It's fantastic that you are finally able to join us here. I can't believe you're old enough already! It seems like only last week that you were a little kid.

I still have the valentine you sent me - I keep it on my desk. :)

I don't have a dog any more, but I do have three boy cats. They are: Mr. Sylvester Pester Polyester (his friends call him Vester); Mr. Freddie Cougar (aka Fred or Fat Fred - he's huge!!!); and Mr. Eggs Benedict (he was born on Easter Sunday two years ago) but he's also called Monster or Stewie. He mainly answers to Stewie these days. I'll tell you why if you want to know.

Big hugs!
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 09:59:20 am »
My most dear Mini,

Miss P (known to you as David) has a warm heart knowing that your parents have decided it's time for you to join us here on your own, a signal of your new maturity growing into a beautiful young woman, full of promise,developing emotions, and love of life.

I am not sure if you will fully remember, but we met five years ago when you went with your mother to the our AMG gathering in Mexico City, where we slowly climbed to the top of the Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan together, and enjoyed our accomplishment by basking in the warm glows of the sun. That was a special trip for me and I hope for you, full of delicious tacos and wonderful all-embracing company.

While our age difference is around 35 years, which puts me similar to your parents, our journey through our medications and the damage done to our bodies is similar: the odd pains that go undiagnosed fully, or only partially so, the neuropathy that comes and goes never sure if that's what it is or something wholly new surfacing on the horizon, and the accompanying anxiety of such situation. The many, many trips to so many different doctors that, at time, it's indeed hard to keep everything straight in our minds. And the worry that yet something else will suddenly pop up entailing yet more doctors and more tests.

But always know that your parents love you so much, more than you can ever imagine. You are a very, very special girl. Just a couple of years ago I had dinner with your parents when they were traveling through the city I live in, further east of you called Philadelphia. Perhaps one day soon they will come through here again and you will be with them, and I can show you things here that you will surely enjoy, and of course it would warm my heart to see you again as a much older girl. We have a nice zoo here, the oldest one in the United States, and what fun that would be for you to go to with me. And oh, so much good food that you can try and find what you like, seeing as how you say there's much that you enjoy eating even if at times you need to keep your intake of such foods to a minimum for your health reason. We can find something for you to "cheat" with.

Anyway, I'm so happy now to read your own words and I hope that you will continue to join us here. Your own words will bring many of us joy and happiness, as they will do the same for you.

All my love,

David
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:02:40 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 10:05:17 am »
Mini --

Welcome to our forum!  Growing up brings so many new things to try and do -- joining us is just one of the many things waiting for you.

I, too, remember your beautiful voice in Boston - it was such a pleasure to listen to you then.  I hope we get a chance to meet again. 

Sending hugs,
Mike

Offline Mini

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 01:15:43 pm »
One moment, need to check on Henry...

Today in school, our history lesson was very interesting. I think it was about someone named Dias and da Gama.  My grammar was a little hard but my Building Thinking Skills and math were easy.  Spelling is always easy.  Maybe I'll put some of my Building Thinking Skills on here and see if you can figure them out.  I'll copy your answers on my paper and then tell you if they're right or not.

Last night it snowed but not very hard. We only got 2 inches or so.  Now the sun's out and it'll turn to mud.

Tonight I'm going to dance class.  I'm getting ready for our concert which is in December.  Our dances are easy and hard.  One of my sisters and one of my brothers is in my class.  The name of our song is "Kumi Ori".  It's fast and pretty fierce (mom told me you like that word David).

Mom said I need to keep things short so...

Mr. Bocker, thanks and me too.

hang on, i'm checking my brother's sentences...ok, I'm back.  Whose next?

Ms. Betty - at least you wake up every morning with same question: "How'd I end up here?"  Did you go to bed hungry last night?  Maybe that's why you woke up in the kitchen.  Just make sure you don't need anything before you go to bed or you might wake up in the car!

Thayer - In England, there are lots of pretty things to see: castles, the Lock Ness Monster, Buckingham palace, and the Thames River would be nice to go see if it's clean.  Did you know that you were diagnosed one year before me?

Ms. Ann from Man - All you cats have long, funny names.  Our dog Henry has a long name, but I don't think it's very funny.  Sounds more like what a prince would be named.  Which cat is that on the photo?  Why is Stewie called Stewie?  Does he like to eat stew?

Mr. David P. - That was a very nice letter you wrote. I remember some nuns beside us on the way up. Were you one of them? My mom wouldn't go to the tippy top of the pyramid because it was loose rocks and she was scared we'd fall off.  But we made it to the part that was just under the tippy top, got out the umberella, and ate Pringles.  I remember falling and scraping my knee.  My mom put cootie killer on it and it burned! I still have the dress that Jan bought me.  Mike thought we were lost but how could we be since there was one way to in and one way out.  I guess we could've died of heat stroke, but then he would have known and found us in the ambulance.

I don't really worry about tests much, they're not a big deal.  My neurologist asked why I don't worry.  I told her why should I worry?  Sooner or later it's gonna be over and really there's nothing to worry about.  Later in the future people may remember it, but they're not going to worry about it.  Today may be bad, but it will end and tomorrow will come and it will be better even if tomorrow takes more than just tomorrow.

Mr. Gary - I don't remember singing in Boston.  It's funny how everybody remembers it except the person who did it.  I think I remember it, maybe.  I told mom hi. Next year you need to plan the meeting in Philidelphia so we can go. 

OK, what's 302 - 16? 286.  So, hey, you 286 people, it would be really nice to hear from you soon.

Now I'm getting off to go draw or do my computer time which is really not fair since we only get 30 minutes of computer a day but talking to you doesn't count as my computer time.

Mini

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 01:53:36 pm »
Dear Mini,

My name is Joe and we met in Boston.  I was the guy in the kilt (skirt) and we sat in a booth and sucked the helium out of the balloons and talked funny.  I remember your singing and it was beautiful, just like you.  I live in Montreal, Canada and it is very cold here and I do not really like the cold.  I have two cats, a HUGE black one named Ramses and a grey/white one called Oscar.  I also have a dog, called Niko and his favorite thing to do is to grab a cat by the head and drag them around the loft.  The cats love it and watching them play together is very funny.

I love to read and I enjoy all types of music.  I also love anything on wheels.  I used to have motorcycles and I still have roller-blades and a bike, which is fun, because Montreal has a lot of bike paths, where no cars are permitted.  I also enjoy helping people like us, to adjust to having HIV and finding a way to have a happy life, just like you have.

I hope you don't mind, but I copied part of your last reply here:

... I don't really worry about tests much, they're not a big deal.  My neurologist asked why I don't worry.  I told her why should I worry?  Sooner or later it's gonna be over and really there's nothing to worry about.  Later in the future people may remember it, but they're not going to worry about it.  Today may be bad, but it will end and tomorrow will come and it will be better even if tomorrow takes more than just tomorrow. ...

Mini

I am rarely at a loss for words, however, what you wrote here is really uplifting.  I remain amazed at what an incredible person you are and how you refuse to let HIV get you down.  While you may not realize it, you are one powerful girl and how you view your life is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself.

I am so glad you decided to join us here and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Joe

edit to add Niko:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:19:26 pm by Joe K »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 02:08:14 pm »

I am rarely at a loss for words, however, what you wrote here is really uplifting.  I remain amazed at what an incredible person you are and how you refuse to let HIV get you down.  While you may not realize it, you are one powerful girl and how you view your life is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself.

I felt the same way, Mini, when I read those words. You are wiser than you can possibly know, and many here would do well to read that passage over and over. You have the ability to teach us so much, as we can do for you. And that's another huge reason that I am so happy that you are here with us.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 02:25:40 pm »
Mini, I agree with Joe and David, you are an amazing girl wise beyond your years.  What you wrote was something I needed to read, and probably need to every day.

Well, hopefully I won't end up in my car in the morning, not remembering how I got there haha.  Thanks for the smile, I also needed that.  Isn't it funny how people can sometimes say things that make us take a moment and smile?

I'm also so happy you're going to interact with us now.  I'm sure I will read more amazing words from you and look forward to it!

Offline Jody

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 02:33:58 pm »
Hi dearest Mini...It is so great to see you post here.  Time flies and you are a young lady now.  I remember you cut your leg climbing the pyramid in Mexico and I had a band aid for you.  You and your family are wonderful folks.  I look forward to reading your posts, you are a great inspiration for people, young and old.  Hugs M.

Jody :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline wolfter

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 03:58:23 pm »
Welcome.  I've read so much about you that it seems you've always been a member.   ;D  I admire your strength and courage.

I would give just anything to be back in the mountains of West Virginia.  My fondest memories are the summers spent there in my youth.  Half of my family still live there and so enjoy visiting.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Greg
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 04:10:48 pm »
My darling Mini

I can't believe I almost missed this post, it's so wonderful to see your name here at long last, I'm so used to seeing the name "Minismum" that I didn't realize it was  you posting.

I can't believe you are a beautiful teenager now, every now and then I look back at the lovely photo's I have of you, my favourite's are when we were dancing in Mexico City, when you were lighting the candle of us and the one taken at the lovely little waterfall we were all at.  :D

BTW I hope you don't mind but I rescued a beautiful Calico at from the shelter were I volunteer, her name is Cora and she took a great liking to the Teddy you made me,do you remember it?, so I hope it's OK that she sleeps with it now instead of me.  :)

It is so lovely to hear from again, I hope you will give us regular up dates about you and the family, please give a big hug to mum and dad for me.

Aroha (see if you can find out what word that means, it's a Maori word)
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline drewm

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 04:17:05 pm »
Welcome to the forums! Nice to meet you!

Drew  :)
Diagnosed in  May of 2010 with teh AIDS.

PCP Pneumonia . CD4 8 . VL 500,000

TRIUMEQ - VALTREX -  FLUOXETINE - FENOFIBRATE - PRAVASTATIN - CIALIS

Numbers consistent since 12/2010 - VL has remained undetectable and CD4 is anywhere from 275-325

Offline Mini

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 03:52:06 pm »
Mr. Joe - your dog, Nicko is very cute.  My dad's name is Oscar, like you're cat.  I was just wondering how your small little dog can carry a HUGE cat in his mouth?  It doesn't seem possible.  It could happen, I guess.  Thank you for the nice words you wrote.  Is it usually cold in Canada?  Do people really say "eh" at the end of every sentence?  Do you have any pictures of Montreal?

Mr. David P. and Ms. Betty - Thank you, that was very nice.

Jody - Thank you for saying I'm an inspiration to people.  I don't know if I am, though.  I do remember cutting my leg.  The only reason I remember is because when mom put cootie killer on it it burned.  I remember you in Boston, too.  And if we go to Philidelphia next time, I'll see you there, too.

Jan - It's perfectly fine that your cat is sleeping with the teddy bear we sent / gave you because I don't remember.  We found out what Aroha means.  It means Love.  I do remember dancing with you in Mexico and being near a waterfall and lighting a candle.  I also remember the scavenger hunt we did and we went to a graveyard.  Some people were doing a play and others were talking about something I don't remember.  We saw Mother Goose's grave.  I got tired and sat down on it and mom yelled at me to get off.  I will do updates on things.

Drew - Nice to meet you, too.

This morning I ate a hamburger for breakfast.  We had to go to my brother's hearing appointment and I did my school in the waiting room.  I had problems with my Building Thinking Skills, but I got it done.  Here's some of my problems for tomorrow.  ::)

OK, tell me the answers:

Transitivity

The Pentagon has almost twice the volume of the Great Pyramid of Cheops; the Colosseum in Rome has half the volume of the Great Pyramid.  St. Peter's Cathedral is larger than the Colosseum, but smaller than the Great Pyramid.  List these buildings in order of size, beginning with the largest.

My mom knows I put this on here because she's the one who is typing it for me because I can't look at the book and type and she can. 

Mini

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 03:54:57 pm »
because she's the one who is typing it for me because I can't look at the book and type and she can. 

Sounds as if it's time for your mother to teach you typing techniques :) My mother was a typing teacher and I made her teach me to type when I was your age, and it's an extremely useful thing to know even if the world is practically void of old fashion typewriters -- I think they call them "keyboard skills" now for use with computers.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 04:23:40 pm »
Transitivity

The Pentagon has almost twice the volume of the Great Pyramid of Cheops; the Colosseum in Rome has half the volume of the Great Pyramid.  St. Peter's Cathedral is larger than the Colosseum, but smaller than the Great Pyramid.  List these buildings in order of size, beginning with the largest.

Hey Mini,

I believe the order would be: Pentagon, Great Pyramid, St. Peter's and Colosseum.

I just noticed the picture of Niko I posted is him as a puppy, so I'll find one of him full grown.  Trust me, he has no problem grabbing a cat head to drag around.  As for Montreal, I do have some pictures, so I'll post a few.  As for everyone saying "eh", that depends on where you are in Canada.

One last note, please call me Joe.  All my friends call me Joe and so should you.

Joe

Offline mitch777

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 04:31:12 pm »
Mini,

You really know how to lighten up the hearts of many of us with your posts. I wasn't expecting such a fierce (lol) attitude and a wonderful sense of humor.

You and Ms. Ann from Man get the prize for the best pet names! Ha!

I like being out in nature too. I love being in my garden and try to create something special with trees, bushes, flowers, and yes, even rocks. I'm sure I have a few rock hotels for bugs too. :)

I agree with the others that you are an inspiration. I know you inspire me even though I have been living with HIV for over 30 years now. 31 to be exact. There is always something new to learn and I know many will learn from you.

Hugs,
m.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 04:54:15 pm »
Hello Mini ,

The Thames is reasonably clean for a Capitol city river , when I was much younger ,your age and up I used to swim in it regularly , out off London at a town called Henley - on - Thames . Comparred to 100 years ago its a crystal clear babbling brook because a 100 years ago it received every kind of waste there was and on hot days it STANK.

Do you believe there is a Loch Ness Monster ?

Enjoying your thread very much , you bring out the best in people . I am glad your parents are not including this in your precious computer time.
All the Best Mini
Michael (real name)
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline karry

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 06:40:17 pm »
Hi Miss Mini! I have read so much about you. I am so glad you can now participate on this forum! You write so well,  Mini. I enjoy reading your posts. Lots of hugs to you.
Karry
Take it a day at a time....and be positive about it too!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 06:50:30 pm »
A hamburger actually sounds pretty good, Mini.  I was going to make tacos this weekend, but may end up making hamburgers.  Thank you for the idea.

Do you know, I have a loveseat in my living room, and it belongs to Poppy, because she won't let anyone else sit there haha.  So, I put a big pillow on one end for her, and she right now is sleeping on the loveseat, with her body over one half, and her head buried in the pillow on the other half. 

I'm so happy you're posting here now.  I live in Indiana, so if you all ever come up this way, we will have to meet. 

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 08:03:35 pm »

Willy - I bet you will be famous one day, but so will I.  So, if you want me to send you my autograph, I will then we'll see whose is worth more faster.

A race to stardom between you and I is not fair, because you already write the most amazing poems and sing beautifully! I sing so bad that the neighbors dogs start howling when they hear me lol.

Oh, btw I have a cat named MattyMattMatt. I rescued him out of a tree about 4 years ago when he was just a kitten. Now I baby him so much and he is very spoiled. He curls up and sleeps with me every night. His purring relaxes me :)

-WIll
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 08:06:45 pm »
Dear Precious Mini,

What a human jewel you are!

I love your post.  It shows a wonderful and mature spirit. 

Although I have not met you personally, I have read about you from your Mom's posts here on the Boards. You are a survivor like many of us.

I wish you all the best.

Take care.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 08:50:21 pm »
Hello Mini!

Greetings from Brighton, England and big up to you,

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 12:28:37 pm »
hello   Mini  (   Miriam is  such a pretty name  now that you are  so much  older/wiser..time to use it)  so  glad  Mom  is  letting you join us.... you sure have grown  from  when we  first  met.... such a young lady  with  great  writing skills  and  expressive  thoughts.....  would  hope to see you again  at one of our  meetings.....

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 04:04:40 pm »
Jan - It's perfectly fine that your cat is sleeping with the teddy bear we sent / gave you because I don't remember. 

The Teddy bear you made for me was a brown knitted one with a big heart in the middle of it, when I get back from my board meeting on Monday I will post a photo (if I remember) then maybe you will remember it.

Yes Aroha does means love, now find out what this means, because you are one..Wahine Kaha.

Have a lovely weekend Mini.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 05:32:26 pm »
Sending you the biggest welcome hug that I can muster up!

James

Offline intaglio

• Doesn't have to pay for vowels
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2013, 09:14:21 am »
Welcome Mini.

I'm rather new here myself, but find this place very enjoyable.

You sound as if you have a great outlook on life. That is a rare gift in itself.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2013, 10:14:32 pm »
HI there Mini!

My name is Jess and we met in Boston, it seems like forever ago.

I enjoy reading your posts and I am so happy to hear you are doing well.

I have 4 children and 3 dogs.

My oldest boy is 15 and I have boy-girl-boy 10 yr olds.

We recently moved from the city to the country, where I have to keep my eye out for bobcats, coyote and bear, which I am not quite used to yet. Our big dog is Cassius, but we call him Cash for short, he is a pitbull. Next is JoJo, she is a terrier and she likes to slide between my back and the chair when I am on computer and last is Lucky, who just came to us in the last couple of months. I can't remember what kind of dog he is, shih-tzu maybe, but he is small and  has really soft white fur with some grayish black spots. Lucky is deaf and I am trying to teach him signs so he knows to follow or come. I usually just end up looking like a crazy air traffic controller because half the time I don't think he can see me either?  I used to like to take them for walks in the woods until both our neighbors had bears in their yard so now I just I drive my van out in the field and let them run.

I look forward to reading your posts, please say Hi to your family for me and have a nice weekend.

Take care,
Snow

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Mini

• Standard
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 02:16:03 pm »
Mr. David P. - Ok, non-digital clocks, math without calculators, and typing without looking at my hands - not gonna happen.

Mr. Joe - Well, that explains how the dog got the cat in his mouth.  He's still cute as a puppy.  My paw-paw's name is Joe, too. You're right about my Building Thinking Skills homework, too.  Do you want me to send you some more or was that mind bending enough? 

Mitch - I like outdoors, too.  I like creating stuff.  I like to design clothes.  About my fierce attitude - thank you!  I don't know how I got it, but I guess it makes sense.  Mom said I was born with my attitude.  I know, amazing isn't it.

Thayer - That was disgusting!  That was just plain gross what they did 100 years ago.  About the Lock Ness Monster, I've read stories about it, but I do not believe in it.  Bush Gardens, I went on the roller coaster ride.  Actually, I went on every roller coaster in Bush Gardens and they were fun. 

Karry - thank you and hugs, too.

Ms. Betty - you're welcome for the idea of hamburgers.  Poppy sounds so cute the way he sleeps.  We're having tacos tomorrow for lunch.

Mr. Willy - I guess I should say that it kinda IS a race to stardom although you are probably winning since you're so much older than I am.  I like your cat's name MattyMattMatt. 

OneTampa - thank you for your reply.  I wouldn't say I'm that mature.  I'm not a big fan of cleaning that much.

Mr. Matt - Back at ya, Dude.

Mr. Nick - wow.  Thank you and I'm not sure about wiser.  I may end up using my real name, but my mom didn't want me to.  I bet we could meet at one of our meetings if we had it close.  Maybe if next time we had it in Philidelphia. 

Ms. Jan - it means strong woman.  The words sound Hawiian to me.  If you have our next meeting in Philidelphia would you come?

Mr. James - thank you and me too.

Mr. I - thank you.  I guess I have a good outlook.  I really don't sit around and feel sorry for myself.  There's nothing to be sorry about.  If I am sorry about my life, then that's my choice and the only thing to be sorry about is the fact that I'm sorry.

Ms. Snow - My paw-paw has a bear and a wolf, too.  Except they aren't actually alive anymore.  The wolf is by the fireplace and the bear was turned into a carpet for a perfectly good reason.  He didn't shoot them, though.  I feel sorry about Lucky and there's probably some way to teach him how to listen, but not listen listen, but to know what you are telling him. 

To the people who read and don't write, how come?  Write something.

The reason I haven't been on for a couple of days is I've sort a been busy. 

I have two jokes for you:

What did one hat on the rack say to another?  You hang here, I'll go on ahead.  HA!!

I tried to write with my broken pencil, but it was pointless!!  HA!!

Talk to you later.  Time to go ride my bike down the hill.

Mini

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2013, 04:00:01 pm »
Well Mini, since you said you're having tacos tomorrow, I guess I will go with my original idea and have tacos also.  So, I went to the store and bought all the ingredients.  A friend of mine took me out to breakfast today, and I had biscuits and gravy.  They were good!

You like to ride bikes?  I have a stationary bike I ride while watching tv.  It's a recumbent bike, do you know what that is?  It means the seat and the pedals are on the same level, so it doesn't put pressure on the knees.  It's cool!  I need to ride it more often so I can lose some weight.

How is your mom?  Please tell her I said "hi."  I guess I better go now and check my blood sugar, it's about that time.  I hope you have a great weekend Ms. Mini!

Your friend,
Betty

Offline Mini

• Standard
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2013, 01:56:45 pm »
It would be really cool if you could ride an actual bike while watching an actual TV.  It wouldn't be hard to do, you just need a mini TV hooked on to your handle bars.  It would be a little hard to focus, though.

Mom says hi and she's doing pretty good. 

I've never really ridden on one of those exercise bikes.  My mom has one, but she doesn't watch it while she's watching TV or any other time. 

I like biscuits and gravy, too.  My tacos were good.  I ate like 5 or 6 with just cheese and ketchup. 

I didn't do too much this weekend.  I drew a couple of pictures and caught up on that show Grimm on Amazon.  Sadly, that's it.  I need to rewrite me and my friend Eva's story because the notebook my sister gave me got all the papers ripped out and now I have to copy the work into another notebook.  Mom says I should just put the papers in a folder.  I guess that would make more sense and make less work.  Now I just need to find a folder in the classroom.

I used to be taller than my bigger brother, then he grew and he was bigger just a couple of weeks ago.  Now we just measured back to back and I'm taller than him again.  It may just be my hair is poofy and he's bald.

To all you thread stalkers out there I really want to hear from you and hear about what you're doing and maybe share a joke or two.

Later gators!

Offline Mini

• Standard
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2013, 02:05:51 pm »
My mom is going to type a Mindbender from my old Mindbender book that I already finished and begged mom not to buy another one.  Things will go more smoothly if you write stuff down and make chards and lists.  That's the way my mom taught me how to do it. 

Here's mom and Mindbenders page 14.

Six pairs of people are pen pals.  Read the clues to find each person's full name and country, and the full name and country of his or her pen pal.

1. The first names of the 12 people are Andy, Bob, Carol, Dolly, Everett, Freda, Gwen, Holly, Ida, Jack, Ken, and Lance.

2. The last names of the 12 people are Mancel, Nasker, Ordphin, Pastury, Quinthe, Roth, Skycard, Thompson, Urskel, Vander, Wildpoy, and Yerkel.

3. Two people live in Australia.  The other 10 live in Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, India, Kenya, Mexico, Peru, Poland, and Spain.

4. The first and last names of each person have no letters in common.

5. The name of each person's country has exactly four letters in common with the person's full name (first and last combined, with no letter counted more than once).

6. No pair of pen pals is the same sex.

7. No pair of pen pals both live in the Americas.

8. One Australian's pen pal is an African, and the other Australian's pen pal is a European.

9. The pen pal of one of the Europeans is a North American.

10. Jack is not Carol's pen pal.

11. Andy and Ida are not pen pals.

Me and my older brother had to bring this and finish it at Chick-fil-A.  My dad finally said to forget it and move on but we finished it.

Good luck to you.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 02:40:22 pm »
Hi Mini:

Glad to meet you. Sorry it took me a while to respond. I have just thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts and wanted to make sure that I could free up the time to compose a message letting you know how inspirational you are.

My name is Phil and I live in South Florida - the Miami area to be exact. I have lived down this way for about 15 years. Before moving here I lived in Northwestern Pennsylvania by Lake Erie. 

Erie was cold, dreary and the winters were horrible (sorry, but I hate driving in snow and absolutely hate being cold). Miami is very warm (okay, it is actually very hot most of the year). I would rather have the heat then the cold and enjoy being able to go outside with shorts on in January and February. I also don't have to shovel any snow here.

I work for a large college and never in a million years did I think that I would be working for a college, doing the job I am doing now (which is writing grants - grants fund all kinds of programs for our students), and also going to school for my MBA (Masters in Business Administration).

I have such a wide variety of interest. When I was a kid, I used to read through the encyclopedias that my mother and dad had from A to Z. That is how much I like learning things.

Anyway, thank you for continuing to post and for always finding a way to bring a smile to my face and to get me thinking in a different way about so many things.

Oh, I am also 47 years old - but I look much, much, much younger   ;D   

Oh, oh, oh....  Also, I haven't rode a bike in years; I love to roller skate, but haven't done that in years; I also enjoy karaoke - but I don't think others who have to listen to me do karaoke enjoy me doing it   ::)

Hope you have a great day!

Phil
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2013, 02:52:27 pm »
Hi Mini , I don't think I could do that mindbender without bending my mind out of shape .

I had a busy weekend with company here at my house . We had a birthday party for a friend with a big yellow cake with green and yellow sweet cream flowers on it , wish you were here for that !

We ate at an Italian restaurant , I didn't like what I ate but the other guys had lasagna and they told me it was the best ever .

Its sure good having you here and I love reading your post and sometimes I read them to my friends . All of my friends say they would love to meet you because you are a very cool young woman ... and I agree , you are very cool and great to have around .
 Hugs , Jeff .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2013, 05:16:52 am »
Hi Mini,
I have never watched Grimm, because I always fall asleep before it comes on.  But I always want to watch it, it looks really interesting. 

The weekend went by pretty fast, it always does.  Then it's time to go to work again.  I work for an Aids service organization here in Northwest Indiana.  I'm a case manager.  I like my job a lot, I like the clients I have. 

Today I'm probably going to decorate my apartment for Christmas, and will also hopefully start to bake the breads I like to make.  Sweet breads I mean.  That will most likely take me most of the day. 

Those mind benders are way beyond my abilities.  It would probably take me the whole day to sit here and try to figure each out.  If you got them figured out, my hat's off to you.

I'm watching the weather on the news right now, and it looks like we're going to get snow this weekend.  While I think the snow is pretty, I don't like driving in it, or shoveling it.  Do you like snow? 

I guess that's it for now.  Have a good day Mini!

Betty

Offline Robert

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2013, 04:47:04 pm »
Hi Mini.

How nice to hear from you. So you're sitting at the adults table now, uh? Good for you.
Sounds like things are going OK. I've still got your picture and business card on my IB and the words to that song you sung that y0u don't remember.

Life is going on OK here. Had our first rain of the season today but I'm afraid it's not much. We've got a high pressure area to the south and east of us that's keeping all the rain far to the north of us. I think we're in for a year of drought. Just when we got over our last one.

Noticed a puddle of water in the driveway the other day. This was before the rain came. Got out a shovel and dug down a couple of feet and discovered a broken water line. Got to get that fixed.

Other than that life if OK. The 3 horses are healthy. The donkey is well fed. And the 6 dogs try to be on their best behavior. That's about all that's going on here. If something else comes up, you'll be the first to know.

I see you have a lot of fans. Like 1157 views on your post. I guess you know we've got your back.

robert

Offline wolfter

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2013, 05:58:44 pm »
Hey Min, have you ever had a chance to do the rafting trip up the New River Gorge?  We're making our plans now for another West Virginia vacation that will include rafting.  It's close to Charleston where my family all live close by.

Greg
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2013, 12:20:50 am »
My mom is going to type a Mindbender from my old Mindbender book that I already finished and begged mom not to buy another one.  Things will go more smoothly if you write stuff down and make chards and lists.  That's the way my mom taught me how to do it. 

Here's mom and Mindbenders page 14.

Six pairs of people are pen pals.  Read the clues to find each person's full name and country, and the full name and country of his or her pen pal.

1. The first names of the 12 people are Andy, Bob, Carol, Dolly, Everett, Freda, Gwen, Holly, Ida, Jack, Ken, and Lance.

2. The last names of the 12 people are Mancel, Nasker, Ordphin, Pastury, Quinthe, Roth, Skycard, Thompson, Urskel, Vander, Wildpoy, and Yerkel.

3. Two people live in Australia.  The other 10 live in Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, India, Kenya, Mexico, Peru, Poland, and Spain.

4. The first and last names of each person have no letters in common.

5. The name of each person's country has exactly four letters in common with the person's full name (first and last combined, with no letter counted more than once).

6. No pair of pen pals is the same sex.

7. No pair of pen pals both live in the Americas.

8. One Australian's pen pal is an African, and the other Australian's pen pal is a European.

9. The pen pal of one of the Europeans is a North American.

10. Jack is not Carol's pen pal.

11. Andy and Ida are not pen pals.

Me and my older brother had to bring this and finish it at Chick-fil-A.  My dad finally said to forget it and move on but we finished it.

Good luck to you.

Ok, this will probably take me a minute.  Well, many minutes..lol. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.