Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:47:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 211
Total: 212

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: In my own words  (Read 38785 times)

Offline Mini

• Standard
Re: In my own words
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2014, 08:24:47 pm »
Mr. Jeff, no, not really. I've been outside a lot but that's about it.

Mr. Mark, welcome to my thread family. It's a magical place. Sorry, got a bit carried away. Technically we don't know if we are going to San Diego or not because we don't know when it will be exactly. I don't like home work, but since I am home schooled, all my work is home work and I still don't like it. What grade is your daughter in?  I will be starting high school.

Mrs. Betty, I don't sing that often, but I am singing in church with a friend. I sang in Boston at the memorial service. I sang the African lulliby by the Watoto children's choir.

We went grocery shopping and ate at Chickfila tonight. We got a bunch of flowers to put outside but that will wait until tomorrow. Hope you all have a fun weekend.

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2014, 01:31:47 pm »
Ms. Mini;

Your thread is magical.  My daughter is in 10th grade.  I understand not liking home work -- when I was your age I didn't like school at all because it felt like something I was made to do by my parents and of course there were more fun things to do -- like go to lacrosse games, plant flowers, and sing!

Mark
03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD
??/??/2017 Descov & Tivicay
2017 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850
2018 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2014, 11:09:45 pm »
W-O-W.   Just WOW. 

Mini!!!!

I don't know if you remember me or not, but I was around here when your Mom first started posting and telling us all about herself and you.  I have only recently been coming around here frequently again, and am thrilled to see you posting all on your own!

Oh, yeah um....about me.  Well, let's see.  I live in the mountains of north Georgia.  I work and also help take care of two elderly parents.  I have a Lola Bear.  That's a one of a kind fuzzy dog that is the BEST one I have ever had.  I found her on the steps of the Amicalola Baptist Church, so she is technically "Amicalola Bear".  She looks like a fuzzy rottweiller, and she has a smiley face. 

In my free time, I like to write and I also like to sing.  I'm also trying to get back into frequent exercise because I've had too much good southern cooking - and it is beginning to really show.

All for now!  xoxo.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline zach

« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2014, 11:24:46 pm »
I found her on the steps of the Amicalola Baptist Church, so she is technically "Amicalola Bear"

awesome tim! never made that connection

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2014, 12:24:24 am »
awesome tim! never made that connection

yes, plus I am here by the Amicalola River....so it's all that.   :)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline ImisstheOldTimes

« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2014, 08:18:01 pm »
Hi Mini!

How's you're summer going so far? I just finished a cruise and it was fun but not a lot to do. I've been on some cruises and it's like a crazy good time. I did get a little sun, and enjoyed riding a 4-wheeler in Mexico.

Do you plan to do anything else fun, other than the possible AMG in San Diego? Summer was always such an awesome time when I was younger. Hopefully you and your family will have some great fun too this summer!

All my best to you and mum,
Heidi  ;D
Life is a BANQUET, and most poor suckers are starving to death!

~Auntie Mame

Offline Mini

• Standard
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2014, 03:49:01 pm »
Mr. Mark: Thank you for saying that my thread is magical. I guess it's kinda fun going to lacrosse games even though I don't usually pay attention. I only sing every once in a while.

Mr. Tim: first, my mom told me your name. Lola Bear sounds cute. You did a good job picking out her name. Can you post a picture of her so I can see?  How can I remember you when we've never met?  My !on remembers you, though. At least she remembered your name.

Ms. Heidi: my summer has been going pretty fine. I have never been on a cruise but my parents went on one in January. I don't have any specific plans. Last night we went to the lake, but I refuse to swim in fish nastiness so I sat and talked to my friends and drew and played at the playground. My mom slid down the slide and I had to catch her. After we had hotdogs and sang. Technically, we didn't sing. My pastor sang and we just looked at him like he wasnuts. Sorry.

I have officially run out of things to say for today. I am not real sure if I will have more to say tomorrow or not.

Miss Mini

Offline zach

« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2014, 05:56:40 pm »

hey mini

i'm getting this puppy. she's not ready to leave her mama yet though, few weeks yet. she's another labrador, this will be the fourth in my lifetime. like tim, her name will be from an indian place name in the mountains. or maybe, ubiquitously, a reference to a grateful dead song. my misspent youth. i first started going to concerts in the mid 1980s, until 1995. that was all of my teenage years into my 20s
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:02:14 pm by zach »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2014, 06:02:31 pm »
Cuteness factor overload.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline ImisstheOldTimes

« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2014, 09:19:22 am »
Miss Mini,

Your comments always make me laugh a little...this time it was "fish nastiness" and when you said you watched your pastor sing like he was nuts.  You're such a funny girl. You're outlook on things is truly amazing!  So you caught your mother after she went down a slide, usually it's the other way around...you'd never catch my mother on a slide. Of course she is going to be 71 this year and would likely break something if she did. Did your folks enjoy their cruise? What did they go on?
I look forward to your next response...as always.

ZACH: Oh my goodness, what a cute little furbaby!!! Didn't quite get the name you plan on calling her...maybe I read over it, but could you please clarify? The pic just makes me want to grab her and give her cuddles  ;D

Hugs to all,
Heidi
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:21:40 am by ImisstheOldTimes »

~Auntie Mame

Offline zach

« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2014, 10:02:29 am »
undecided, there will be an official announcement, still tuned

Offline Mini

• Standard
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2014, 08:41:26 am »
Mr. Zach - that is such a cute puppy!  I would suggest calling her Luna because she has a cute little moon face.  I live in the Allegheny mountains so how about Allie?  I am excited about the big reveal on my thread.

Ms. Heidi - no, I would never try to catch your 71 year old mom on a slide. My mom isn't that old.  My parents went on the KLOVE cruise and they really enjoyed it.  I have never been on a cruise before.

Mr. Mitch, are you talking about the dog or me?  It is my thread, so it has to be me! At least that is what I choose to believe.

I saw the new X men movie.  It was really good.  And me and my brothers and sisters went to my Nana's house for my parent's anniversary because they wouldn't let us tag along.  One of my sisters had a birthday on Saturday.  She turned 12.  That's pretty much all that's happened.  The mornings have been cold so I had a picnic this morning.  I ate my cereal outside in my dad's hammock chair swingy thing.  Well, that's it.  It's official, I need to get a hobby or figure out something more interesting to do so I an talk about it.

Have a very good day!

Offline ImisstheOldTimes

« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2014, 10:41:29 am »
Hi Miss Mini,

Yeah, my mom is pretty old...LOL.

I noticed you celebrate Hanukkah, during the holidays, so I am assuming you are Jewish; with that in mind and the fact that you are 13, I'm assuming you had your Bat-Mitvah, or do you plan to have it this year? If so, did you have a theme, was it exciting?

Anyway, I look forward to finding out what Zach is going to name his new furbaby! I once knew someone who named a lab or some other BIG dog "Kitty" it was really amusing.

take care, have an awesome day,
Heidi

P.S. have you found a hobby?

~Auntie Mame

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2014, 11:32:46 am »

Hi Mini!

I'm sorry for being late to your thread, I haven't been on the forums a lot lately due  to work and family stuff, my name is Thomas.  I have a daughter the same age as you. 

She hates school. 

I also have two other daughters: one is 6 years old, and the other is 23.  My 6 year old is going into the 2nd grade next year and she loves school, as does her oldest sister who is finishing up her bachelor's degree in College next semester.

We have two dogs, Kai and Eddie, a German Shepherd and pitbull.  We also have two turtles, which are referred to as Diamondback Terrapins.  If your mother doesn't mind you seeing them you can find photos of them here in a thread about my German Shepherd:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45827.0

Anyways, that's about it regarding me.  I don't want to bore you about how my feet hurt from standing at work all day.

I hope you enjoy your Summer!

Thomas

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:48:06 am by skeebo1969 »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2014, 01:56:57 pm »

Mr. Mitch, are you talking about the dog or me?  It is my thread, so it has to be me! At least that is what I choose to believe.

Of course I was talking about you Miss Mini. ;) You not only have cuteness overload but also a great sense of humor. lol.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline ImisstheOldTimes

« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2014, 01:03:12 pm »
Good Afternoon Miss Mini,

It's been a while since you posted anything on your thread, so I decided to find it and bring it back to the first page of threads, to make sure it didn't get lost.

I hope you are enjoying your summer. Did you do anything fun on the 4th of July???

That and we are all still waiting for Zach's response to naming his new very cute puppy.

And I for one miss hearing from you!

Heidi :)

~Auntie Mame

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.