Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:53:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772961
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Clarifications  (Read 32282 times)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Clarifications
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2010, 08:21:13 am »
No, what you have described does not constitute a risk. It's call frottage or rubbing. And there is a world of difference (and safety) in that from actual intercourse. The fluids from the vagina which you may have felt in the rubbing are not a risk for HIV transmission.

The vaginal fluids which can contain HIV if the woman is HIV+ are far up in the vaginal cavity in the cervical area. In this incident your penis was nowhere near there.

As Ann has said, you are worrying needlessly. Just keep using condoms everytime for vaginal/anal intercourse and you will be well protected.
Andy Velez

Offline Dannikum

• Standard
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 01:16:48 am »
Hello :)

Offline Dannikum

• Standard
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 01:19:05 am »
Sorry about the earlier hello -- hit the send button a little too soon -- oops.

I just wanted run by a quick question; Would you consider going down on a woman as credible risk being tested over? I've had countless encounters where I've gone down momentarily and well I just thought I'd ask if its something I should worry about in terms of transmission?.

Thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 05:56:15 am »
Dan,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Going down on a woman is not a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dannikum

• Standard
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2011, 07:56:34 am »
Thanks Ann - Are there any extenuating circumstances in which cunningilus would be a potential risk?

Theoritically wouldnt exposure to cervical fluid or perhaps being very rough whilst having a facial stub rubbing up against her privates, somehow translate to higher risks of infection?

Lets say I had bit my tongue just a few moments earlier, and then I went down on her for a quite a while? - wouldnt this require me to be tested?

thanks again!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2011, 09:03:37 am »
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2011, 10:39:07 am »
Dan,

No, there are no extenuating circumstances that would be considered a risk while going down on a woman and certainly not the ones you cite. You are not going to get anywhere near a woman's cervix - unless you've got a twelve inch tongue. Even then you would not be at risk - not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

Hiv transmission doesn't stand a chance of happening via female genitals to mouth - there are just too many obstacles on the oral route.

The first obstacle is the mouth itself. The mouth is a veritable fortress, standing against all sorts of pathogens we come into contact with every minute of our lives. It's a very hostile environment and saliva has been shown to contain over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv.

Hiv is a very fragile virus - literally. Its outer surface doesn't take kindly to changes in its preferred environment; slight changes in temperature, moisture content and pH levels all damage the outer surface. Importantly, it needs this outer surface to be intact before it can latch onto a few, very specific cell types and infect. 

Which leads to the second obstacle. Hiv can only latch onto certain types of cells, cells which are not found in abundance in the mouth.

The third obstacle to transmission this way is having hiv present in the first place. The female secretion where hiv has been shown to be present is the cervicovaginal fluid. This fluid is actually a thick mucus that covers and protects the cervix.

The fluid a woman produces when sexually excited comes from the Bartholin's glands, located on either side of the vaginal opening. I have yet to discover one shred of evidence (and believe me, I've looked) that shows this lubricating fluid to have any more hiv present than other bodily secretions such as saliva, sweat or tears. Saliva, sweat and tears are NOT infectious fluids.

So there you have it. Once the results of the serodiscordant studies started rolling in, what we know about hiv transmission on the cellular level was validated. The only people who were getting infected were those who had unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Period. One of the three studies went on for ten years and involved hundreds of couples. That's a lot of nookie.

Don't think that we will allow you to use this forum to continually question this no risk situation. You've already had two time outs and if you get another, it will be permanent. (I re-read your entire thread, I suggest you do the same.)

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dannikum

• Standard
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2014, 07:26:39 pm »
Hi Ann, Andy, and RapidRod,

Its been a while since I visited this forum, which obviously is a good thing :D lol

I'd like to ask you a question -- I had visited a CSW about a week plus ago, and received an unprotected blowjob to ejaculation in her mouth.

I am aware of the fact that insertive oral sex isn't a risk for HIV transmission, however during this session with the CSW, I was feeling the initial stages of a fever/cold coming on.

Turns out a few days later I ended up with a really nasty viral fever. My question is that arguably at the time of the blowjob, my immunity was relatively low and I could feel a slight fever even at the time. I remember I wasn't even able to get fully erect -- that's how weak I was feeling.

Arguably would a blowjob from an infected individual to somebody like me then become a risk?

Thanks  :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2014, 08:42:18 pm »
I merged your new thread into your old one where you should post no matter how long between visits or subject matter . You can visit your profile and select show own post and it will take you here .

Your in luck ... getting a blow job is not a risk even when you are sick with a cold . Its a cold dude, its not like you have leukemia and the doctors wiped out your immune system to do chemo . You did not have a risk plain and simple .   

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you did not have a risk and do not need to test for this specific incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dannikum

• Standard
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2014, 12:41:26 am »
Thanks Jeff. Appreciate your feedback.

I suppose I got a little jittery because symptoms of my sickness were off & on. Doctor said it was a viral fever, and then as my bad luck had it I ended up with a secondary URTI (Upper Respiratory Tract Infection).

Swollen lymph nodes under my neck and the right side of my face, underneath my   sideburn. Fever on & off, cold sweats, body aches. Incidentally I've never had swollen lymph nodes like this -- which got me thinking that this is ARS.

I got a full STD / HIV test test done at the beginning of this year, do you reckon I need to get a HIV test done again given this specific incident? Thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2014, 04:28:02 am »
Dan,

For a start, most "bugs" that go around a community are viral. Flu, the common cold, etc. All viruses. Sheesh. You do realise there are millions of different viruses out there, don't you? Again, sheesh!

I can't think of ANY circumstance where a person would become hiv positive through getting their dick sucked - other than perhaps a scene in a horror film where the hero got his dick chewed on by a person he'd just punched repeatedly in the mouth. And thank you not for making me think of that first thing in the morning.

You got your dick sucked when you were coming down with an ordinary viral illness. Get over it!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Dannikum

• Standard
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2014, 11:24:03 pm »
Hi Guys n Gals. Firstly, thanks for providing such an awesome service :-)

I recently had an odd encounter at a massage parlor and was wondering if I needed to get tested over the following risk factors, some of which I don't know if really existed in the first place. I did my usual routine screening for HIV & STDs about 3 months ago and everything came back non-reactive.

This recent incident at the parlor has left me a tad confused and worried.

a. The masseuse had a visible vaginal gape, aka known as a pretty loose pussy. So anyways I fingered her quite rigorously in both her vagina and ass. I have a tendency of biting my nails and sometimes I have scabs around nails healing, but there are cuts nonetheless. How much of risk does this constitute?

b. I went down on her quite aggressively as well, on both her vagina & ass. Does this constitute any risk?

c. Now this is the tricky part. At one point in order for me to go down on her. She lay on her back and I sort of squatted on my knees akin to how a guy would penetrate a gal missionary style. From this pose, I sort of stooped over in order for me to whisper to her face-to-face. Now I don't recall feeling as if I might have penetrated. But logically I'm wondering if given her "loose" vagina, that I may have during this "stooping" over to talk - accidentally penetrated her without knowing?

d. I distinctly remember rubbing my penis at the entrance of her vaginal gape and across her pussy from the outside. It was pretty dark so I can't be sure if the tip (im uncircumcized) made contact with the entrance of her vaginal gap.

e. All in all, does any (especially c & d) pose a potential risk for HIV transmission? I can't at any point recall feeling as if I penetrated her but still - it was dark and she had a really "loose" pussy. Do you reckon I need to get tested over this incident?

Thanks alot everyone. Have a great day ahead. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2014, 11:34:30 pm »
I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

This is the third time you have been told to only post in this one thread so if you ignore it again you will be given a 28 day time out, no exceptions .

You have been around here long enough to know the risk for sexually transmitted HIV comes from unprotected anal or vaginal sex .

The bottom line is we were not there so how the heck would we know if you penetrated her or not . If you are not sure then go test at 6 weeks and again at 12 weeks to confirm the results .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dannikum

• Standard
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2014, 11:51:27 pm »
Thanks Jeff.

Apologies for the repeated violation. Noted.

Understood but as a guy you would feel it once you penetrate a woman yes Jeff? If I didn't feel that - is it safe to assume it didn't happen? Or can penetration take without you feeling it, accidentally?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2014, 11:56:32 pm »
Thanks Jeff.

Apologies for the repeated violation. Noted.

Understood but as a guy you would feel it once you penetrate a woman yes Jeff? If I didn't feel that - is it safe to assume it didn't happen? Or can penetration take without you feeling it, accidentally?

You need to be discussing your HIV phobia with your doctors . If we discuss what ifs and imagined HIV risk it would be enabling your admitted HIV phobia .

As I advised already, if you are not sure if you penetrated a person then go test. It really is that simple .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dannikum

• Standard
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2019, 09:08:45 am »
Hi there :) Been a long time since I've been here! I just have a couple of questions I'd like to clarify;

1. Would you think it's safe for someone to assume that they are HIV negative even though they've had hundreds of protected sex encounters with CSWs? (assuming they don't ever recall a broken condom). Do you know anyone like that?

2. This is more of a technicality but assuming all episodes were protected BUT penetration was deep. My concern is that you know how there's this elastic-like ring at the bottom of a rolled-on condom? Assuming deep penetration for long periods of time; is it possible for HIV to seep in from the bottom of the condom (from the elastic-like ring) and expose me to a risk? I notice that sometimes there's visibly a lot of fluid at the bottom of the condom, so I've always had this concern - what if her fluids got into my condom from the lower end of the condom and expose me to risk?

3. How much of a risk is going down on a woman? Assuming I don't have meth-mouth but I do have bleeding gums when I brush in the mornings.

4. Why do some websites claim that a condom becomes in-effective when rolled-on the wrong way around? Assuming I rolled the condom on the wrong-way round -- how would I even know? Is it safe to think that if a condom is rolled entirely on, that whether it was the right way around or the wrong way around, that it was protected, and therefore no risk for HIV?

5. Finally, do fresh cuts on fingers followed by fingering a girl constitute any hypothetical risk even?

Thanks again.

P/S. I was running through the forum and just wanted to say I really miss the folks from before like Ann, Rapidrod, Andy, etc -- but that said, I was really happy to see Jim still here! Hope all the others mentioned & missed are well!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2019, 09:30:20 am »

Stop trying to be smart, doesn't suit you!

I'll assume nothing and stick to facts like HIV can't transmit through an intact condom during intercourse.

Please stop!

This is just an irrational "what if" fluids are not creeping out of her vagina, then past the condom, up your shaft and finally into your penis.

Asked and answered already

The internet is filled with outdated and bad info. I can't police that. Using condoms incorrect could increase the odds that it might fail during intercourse

No

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection going forward

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 09:36:29 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Dannikum

• Standard
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2019, 09:48:04 am »
Thanks Jim!

1. Sorry, wasn't trying to be a smartass, was just concerned about my own history. So what you're saying is that it doesn't matter how many encounters with different CSWs I've had, as long as it was an intact condom, I can assume that I had no viable risks for HIV, yes?

2. Also, what about condom slippage? I recall a few encounters where the condom was half-way off my penis by the end of the episode. It was still on but half-way slipped off my penis -- does that warrant testing beyond the yearly usual?

3. Does PRep have any side effects Jim if I begin taking it as an added measure? I remember one time I did PEP post a condom breakage encounter about 4 years ago. It was really tough on me, so am just asking now about PRep. Thanks :)

Regards,
Dan.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2019, 10:33:46 am »
1. Answered.

2. Not a concern

Like any medication a few people might have noticeable side effects, although asides from prehaps a bit of initial settling in vast majority have no noticeable issues

Discuss the suitability of PrEP for you with your healthcare provider.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Dannikum

• Standard
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2020, 12:35:29 pm »
Hi so I’ve had multiple protected encounters with an escort I just recently found out is hiv positive. Couple of questions;

1. I’m panicking but attempting to stay rational. I used durex extrasafe condoms. None failed to the best of my memory but I can’t be 100% sure if a condom failed with her without me knowing it. Do I need to test over this incident?

2. Our sexual encounters were fairly rough. I would penetrate her deeply hence I’m concerned that the base of penis would allowed her fluids to enter my condom from its ring base and infect me. Is this a reasonable risk to be afraid of?

3. I went down on her once or twice — nothing to deep but I definitely used my tongue, what sort of risks are associated with this?

4. She would blow me quite rough. Often her blowjobs would last for quite sometime and she’d be quite rough about it with her teeth and tongue.

Are any of the above risk situations that I need to test over? I’ve received answers before however this time it’s different. This time it’s confirmed that the person I slept with on a few occasions is hiv positive. How do I deal with this situation? What are my real risks here — please advise. I’m freaking out 😒

Thanks!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2020, 12:48:48 pm »
I’ve received answers before however this time it’s different. This time it’s confirmed that the person I slept with on a few occasions is hiv positive.

It's not different from an assesment point of view, her HIV status does not change how HIV is or is not transmitted neither does it change how condoms do and do not work. Also, for risk assesment we always by default presume the other person is living with HIV without treatment. 

1)
HIV can't transmit through an intact latex or polyurethane condom. If a condom fails during the act of intercourse it's obvious to the insertive partner. There is no reason to be stressing about intercourse as long as this obvious issue did not happen.

2)
Simply irrational

3)
Not an HIV risk

4)
Not an HIV risk

Please apply the information already provided, I am not going to keep repeating things every time you have sex!

Continue to use condoms for any intercourse, no exceptions, test at least yearly out of standard routine for STI's & HIV. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection & peace of mind.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 12:51:40 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Dannikum

• Standard
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2020, 06:14:50 pm »
Thanks Jim. Appreciate your guidance.

I tested as per standard three months ago, but do you recommend me needing to test again over this particular incident since she’s confirmed positive?

During my most recent encounter, there was a little bit of blood on the condom at one point when I pulled out. Does blood on the condom at the top or even on the unprotected base of your penis pose a risk?

I live in Asia, the healthcare system is fairly odd here. Is there any advice you can give me around how to secure prep as an additional layer of security? Which drug in particular? How do I justify it to a doctor? Are there any side effects? Thanks!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2020, 06:21:39 pm »
Did you even bother to read what I said? Clearly not, I'm talking to myself!

I appreciate you have irrational fears however, final time her HIV status changes nothing. 34 posts in, 74 including volunteers replies so you know how HIV is and is not transmitted and what actions are and are not a risk to you.

Now fears or not, move on with your life and get over it already, we are done.

It's not different from an assesment point of view, her HIV status does not change how HIV is or is not transmitted neither does it change how condoms do and do not work. Also, for risk assesment we always by default presume the other person is living with HIV without treatment. 

1)
HIV can't transmit through an intact latex or polyurethane condom. If a condom fails during the act of intercourse it's obvious to the insertive partner. There is no reason to be stressing about intercourse as long as this obvious issue did not happen.

2)
Simply irrational

3)
Not an HIV risk

4)
Not an HIV risk

Please apply the information already provided, I am not going to keep repeating things every time you have sex!

Continue to use condoms for any intercourse, no exceptions, test at least yearly out of standard routine for STI's & HIV. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection & peace of mind.

P.s it's rare for me to loose my temper ever on these forums as I understand people are posting out of fear and I apologise, however, I do stand by the assessment and overall message.

If you keep having these ongoing issues regarding sex and fears consider talking to someone like a therapist face to face.

Consider the topic closed
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 06:35:27 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.