Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:09:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 211
Total: 212

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 2 months in and still have not cracked?  (Read 4056 times)

Offline Adventuregirl

2 months in and still have not cracked?
« on: May 29, 2017, 06:29:12 pm »
Hi everyone, i am 26 years old and I tested positive about 2 months ago now and I have just waited to break down. It was a shock when I was notified I tested positive, I just came in for a routine checkup like I do at least once a year. Started reading about it and realized things could have been A LOT worse. Miracle drugs and information like "this will not affect your everyday lie" seemed like a gift from heaven.

Have any of you experienced this feeling? Am I still in denial? Sometimes get the feeling that I should break down, that I am not taking it serious enough..

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: 2 months in and still have not cracked?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 06:37:25 pm »
Many people feel like you do when they are first diagnosed.  There's no denying that it is a life-altering event.

But you are correct and wise enough to understand that today's miracle drugs, if taken as directed, will assure that you will live a long, healthy, and normal life.

It's good that you, apparently, caught the infection early, before much damage is done to your immune system.

I'm glad you found these forums as a place of comfort, support, and enlightenment.

It does get better, I promise you.

We all here look forward to your future contributions to these forums.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 12:00:49 am »
Hey... apparently we have been diagnosed at same time.

I didn't had any problems or side effects so I can say my life is going the same.

What I believe is more important: I never stopped dreaming and making plans.

This helps a lot!

If you want a friend to discuss about anything, just send me a PM.
Looking at the sea again.
Tides they rise and fall and then they rise again.

29/03/2017: Confirmed POZ(VL: N/A CD4: 303)
26/04/2017: VL 66.576 CD4 575)
12/05/2017: Start of DTC + TDF + 3TC
26/06/2017: VL 58 CD4 628,5
20/07/2017: VL Undetectable
09/05/2018: VL UD CD4 650,7@32,5%
08/11/2018: VL UD CD4 617,4@31,4%
29/05/2019: VL UD CD4 677,8@33,3%
12/11/2019: VL UD CD4 730,0@34,6%
30/05/2020: VL UD CD4 801,8@36,7%
11/12/2020: VL UD CD4 652,0@39,1%

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 05:31:13 am »
Moderator Note:  A forum member needs to make three or more posts on these forums before Private Messages (PM's) can be sent by or received by the forum member.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 03:57:53 pm »
Hi everyone, i am 26 years old and I tested positive about 2 months ago now and I have just waited to break down. It was a shock when I was notified I tested positive, I just came in for a routine checkup like I do at least once a year. Started reading about it and realized things could have been A LOT worse. Miracle drugs and information like "this will not affect your everyday lie" seemed like a gift from heaven.

Have any of you experienced this feeling? Am I still in denial? Sometimes get the feeling that I should break down, that I am not taking it serious enough..

I had that feeling, and still do...to an extent.

I also had a sense of guilt that I was lucky in being diagnosed when I was, and so many died in the past with exactly the same virus I have.

I think this is as 'normal' as when someone reacts with horror and thinks their life is ending. Different people cope with things in different ways, ultimately.

What I do know from direct experience with other people close to me since then, is that in 2017 there are far worse things that you can be diagnosed with, medically speaking. Of course, we could still get something worse ourselves but thats another story!
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.