Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:06:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 580
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 475
Total: 477

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Question about Adherence  (Read 4276 times)

Offline Seigmeyer-of-Catarina

Question about Adherence
« on: April 15, 2021, 12:08:27 am »
I’m probably being too cautious, (or maybe not) but I’ve found myself taking my Biktarvy first thing in the morning at around 10:00. At least once or twice a week, I’ve taken it a little bit late by around 1-2 hours (3 hours once) depending on how late I sleep in. Anyway my question is whether or not this could potentially cause resistance? I still haven’t miss a dosed but I wasn’t sure if over time taking late doses could be problematic.

Offline Almost2late

Re: Question about Adherence
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 01:03:57 am »
I used to worry just like you the first couple of years, and I'm pretty sure I asked the same question on the forum when I was a newbie.
But I wouldn't sweat it, I've been doing the same thing and my vl has been consistently ud for the past few years.. I even have forgotten to take it a few times, and I really never take it at the exact same time in the morning. Sometimes 3 or 4 hours difference. Though I'm not suggesting you get as careless as I have.. just do your best like you have been.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 08:11:13 am »
while not all of my post applies to your situation, I recently made this post about resistance
https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=75187.msg773711#msg773711

TL;DR optimal adherence is 95% and missing doses (not late doses) haphazardly is what can cause resistance
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

PozChilean

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 01:00:08 pm »
Current meds give you a pretty broad window (a few hours) so it's okay if this happens to you.

I used to take mine in the morning but because of that I then moved it to lunch time to make sure I don't oversleep past that safe window of time.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 02:07:16 pm »
TL;DR optimal adherence is 95%
Just wanted to point out that the very few times I've missed doses, I was well within this range.

Offline Mojito

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 06:29:17 am »
While modern medicines do have a broad window and few hours (1 - 2) difference on either side does not matter,it does help to set up a reminder on mobile phone.

Offline Isma95

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 12:45:25 pm »
I’ve been HIV+ for two and a half years now, I always take my pill in the morning at around 8 but sometimes take it at 10 or even later in the weekend. Never missed a single dose but I sometimes take it late and my viral load stayed undetectable.
10/15/2018 - Tested HIV+
10/18/2018 - HIV+ Confirmed
10/22/2018 - VL 126,500; CD4 294 (15%); CD4/CD8 47%
11/06/2018 - VL 104,400; CD4 396 (18%); CD4/CD8 46%
-> Started treatment with Prezcobix+truvada
02/26/2019 - VL UD; CD4 675 (25%); CD4/CD8 81%
-> 04/09/2019 Switched to Tivicay+Lamivudine (now same meds in Dovato)
09/12/2019 - VL UD; CD4 966 (23%); CD4/CD8 89%
06/15/2020 - VL UD; CD4 1470 (30%); CD4/CD8 115%
04/12/2021 - VL UD; CD4 1182 (32%); CD4/CD8 145%

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.