Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:18:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 329
Total: 330

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm at war  (Read 11712 times)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
I'm at war
« on: May 14, 2011, 12:35:05 pm »
With rabbits and squirrels.  And unfortunately I'm losing.

Last fall I planted 50 tulips, dang rabbits ate everyone of em down to the ground just as they were starting to come up.  Poof!  Gone!  Rotten buggers.

I have 6 bird feeders in my yard.  2 of them are supposed to be squirrel proof.  HA!  I no sooner fill the feeders then the little critters are jumping from trees and decks to hang on them and consume every last seed. 

I'm not a violent man, but sometimes I think about buying a gun. 

Lord! 

RAB

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: I'm at war
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 12:43:35 pm »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 12:49:20 pm »
I have decided to just enjoy watching to squirrels play . I have pecans and blue berry's and the squirrels get every last one year after year .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 01:40:00 pm »
I feel ya RAB!

We have gophers here, and they get into everything. I won't let Norm poison them as I worry about the dogs. I try to take the organic approach: Everytime I walk the dogs, I try to catch a Bullsnake. I bring Mr. Bullsnake home, and stick him in a gopher hole. It's pretty effective. But squirrels and bunnies are a bit big for snake fodder, So I would suggest a few cats, especially if they are outdoor cats.

Or you could try reading Watership Down, and you'll never want to hurt a bunny again. ;)

CaptCarl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 01:41:07 pm »
My faggy downstairs neighbor, who I have detested greatly for the past five years, just moved out of the building two weeks ago.  He liked to act like he owned the entire building which contains six apartments, hanging up vile artwork in the common areas that he procured at thrift shops. He never would say hello to me in the hallways, nor would he do the same to the other gay guy that lived in the apartment right next to him... recovering meth head trait, and obsessed with manhunt.

So anywho what did that fucker do but he dug up all of his half sprouting tulip bulbs from the front flower bed when he moved.  Can you imagine?  I mean like how much does it cost to buy new ones?  I think he was trying to make a point though I'm not sure what the message was meant to be.

One of my hybrid hibiscus plants just croaked -- at one time I had six of them but they've slowly been infected by some oddity that I've never been able to solve.  I now have only one left and when it dies, as I'm sure it will, that's it -- I'm not buying any more of them, and those aren't cheap plants.

I think my new theme will be "void of plants" -- no living matter, no pets, etc. My goal will be to be an example of secular asceticism.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 02:00:33 pm »

I think my new theme will be "void of plants" -- no living matter, no pets, etc. My goal will be to be an example of secular asceticism.

I hear ya Miss p, I got 2 Cats, and house plants, well they just eat them, can't plant anything on the side of the place, as the winter KILLS EVERYTHING expect for the red-roses on the other side where all of the Satellite and other phone utilities lines are, for some reason, they always come back every yr. now if I could  get rid of all the birds that SHIT all over everyone's cars, I tried popin of a 12 gauge shot gun (pointed at the dirt that is) but all that did was scare them away, and put the fear-of-god in all of my neighbors  :D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:04:10 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 04:03:57 pm »
 >:(

About 5 or 6 years ago, we were having a hell of a problems with squirrels.  The bastards, chewed and shorted, one of the wiring harness on my car, and created all kinds of problems.

One of my neighbors, also had the same thing happen.

When I took the car to the dealership, they discovered a stash of peanut shells near the wiring harness.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline denb45

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 04:24:13 pm »
>:(

About 5 or 6 years ago, we were having a hell of a problems with squirrels.  The bastards, chewed and shorted, one of the wiring harness on my car, and created all kinds of problems.

One of my neighbors, also had the same thing happen.

When I took the car to the dealership, they discovered a stash of peanut shells near the wiring harness.

Ray

I found a rats-nest in my breathers air-cleaner area of my truck, the babies were all dead, so I cleaned it all out, and check periodically to see if there are any more, we don't really have squirrels per-say we have prairie-dogs and they can be hard to get rid of, however, my next door neighbor has SNAKES so, he kinda got rid of that problem pretty quickly ;D 
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 04:52:19 pm »

The guys at the dealership, told me to get "moth balls"  and place them at various places under the car. They said this would keep the squirrels away, but I've never did that.  Fortunately, I haven't had any more harnesses chewed either.

I found a rats-nest in my breathers air-cleaner area of my truck, the babies were all dead, so I cleaned it all out, and check periodically to see if there are any more, we don't really have squirrels per-say we have prairie-dogs and they can be hard to get rid of, however, my next door neighbor has SNAKES so, he kinda got rid of that problem pretty quickly ;D  

I knew a couple years ago,  a snake managed to get into the ductwork of their cars heat and AC system. The snake died... I guess it was in there a while.

They ended up trading it in, as they never could get the smell out of the car.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 05:01:57 pm »

Rab,

I don't think it's violent when one has squirrel for dinner.  It's all about the marinade....

Happy Hunting!

Thomass
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 05:36:34 pm »

Rab,

I don't think it's violent when one has squirrel for dinner. 

Here ya go..

~ 3 squirrels, cleaned and cut up
~ 1/4 cup all purpose flour
~ 1 teaspoon salt
~ 1/2 teaspoon pepper
~ 2 slices bacon
~ 2 tablespoons butter
~ 5 cups of water
~ 1 - 28 oz can whole tomatoes
~ 1 chopped onion
~ 1 heaping tablespoon of brown sugar
~ 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
~ 1 - 10 oz package frozen lima beans
~ 1 cup frozen corn
~ 3 tablespoons all purpose flour 

Combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper. Coat the squirrel pieces.

In a Dutch oven, combine bacon and butter over medium heat until butter melts. Add squirrel and brown.

Add water, tomatoes, onion and brown sugar and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Remove squirrel pieces and let cool. Remove meat from bones.

Add meat, potatoes, beans and corn to Dutch oven. Heat to boiling, reduce heat and cover. Simmer until potatoes are tender.

Mix 3 tablespoons of flour with 3 tablespoons of cold water, then stir into stew. Heat to boiling.

Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, bubbly.

Serve with warm rolls and enjoy

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 05:53:44 pm »
Squirrels? Rabbits?  Feh!

Just be grateful you don't have these brutes treating your cottage garden like a buffet:

MtD

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 06:14:52 pm »
RAB,

Have you tried greasing your pole?

Apparently if your grease your pole the squirrels cant climb up and get your seed.

Just wonderin.  ;D

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline denb45

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 06:20:38 pm »
The guys at the dealership, told me to get "moth balls"  and place them at various places under the car. They said this would keep the squirrels away, but I've never did that.  Fortunately, I haven't had any more harnesses chewed either.

I knew a couple years ago,  a snake managed to get into the ductwork of their cars heat and AC system. The snake died... I guess it was in there a while.

They ended up trading it in, as they never could get the smell out of the car.

Ray

Hey Ray I bet who-ever bought that car, got a good deal, I'm sure they out the smell out  :D

Offline denb45

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 06:23:20 pm »
Squirrels? Rabbits?  Feh!

Just be grateful you don't have these brutes treating your cottage garden like a buffet:

I want a DINGO, those dogs are beautiful  ;D that looks like a full grown kango? Joey's aren't that big, there babies right? and wombats are mean-fuckers  ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:26:06 pm by denb45 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 06:34:03 pm »

MtD

Quit yer moanin'. That's just a big bunny. :P
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 06:34:34 pm »
RAB,

Have you tried greasing your pole?

Apparently if your grease your pole the squirrels cant climb up and get your seed.

Just wonderin.  ;D

-Will

Don't you mean nuts... ;D

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 06:37:27 pm »
Quit yer moanin'. That's just a big bunny. :P

He finds the comparison offensive and is on his way to the rock to feast on your aspidistras. :P

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 06:39:19 pm »

MtD

I'm still traumatised from the day my horse and I were chased by a Big Red...he came out of nowhere, I had Magenta in full Gallop that day... :D

I wanted to gather up all the sqirrels in Boston and take them home with me..so cute.

Aroha

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 06:39:55 pm »
He finds the comparison offensive and is on his way to the rock to feast on your aspidistras. :P

MtD

Ah noe can haz azpeedeesters. :)

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 06:42:23 pm »

MtD

Oh that's mean fighting talk Matty..I'd be careful if were you, Ann has been know to carry a hammer around with her... ;)

Aroha

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 06:51:56 pm »
Ah noe can haz azpeedeesters. :)

Yes but he doesn't know that. He's a kangaroo.

They're not very bright. :)

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 06:59:46 pm »
Oh that's mean fighting talk Matty..I'd be careful if were you, Ann has been know to carry a hammer around with her... ;)

Aroha

Don't forget about my Truncheon. :D

Yes but he doesn't know that. He's a kangaroo.

They're not very bright. :)

MtD

S'ok, I'll knock some sense into his furry little head. :)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 07:06:18 pm »
Jan he's still waiting on you.

Offline littleprince

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 07:08:26 pm »
You could try this little invention.

http://youtu.be/uIbkLjjlMV8

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 07:37:11 pm »

I wanted to gather up all the sqirrels in Boston and take them home with me..so cute.

I can see it now, Jan getting stopped at airport security...

Security- "Ma'am what is that in your pants?"

Jan- "Just my squirrel"
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline drewm

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 07:55:06 pm »
Diagnosed in  May of 2010 with teh AIDS.

PCP Pneumonia . CD4 8 . VL 500,000

TRIUMEQ - VALTREX -  FLUOXETINE - FENOFIBRATE - PRAVASTATIN - CIALIS

Numbers consistent since 12/2010 - VL has remained undetectable and CD4 is anywhere from 275-325

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 08:02:37 pm »
Jan he's still waiting on you.

Yes that the Bastard Rod. :D

I can see it now, Jan getting stopped at airport security...

Security- "Ma'am what is that in your pants?"

Jan- "Just my squirrel"

I just had some coffee come down my nose.. :D

Aroha to you both

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 08:06:17 pm »
You could try this little invention.

http://youtu.be/uIbkLjjlMV8

Holy hell, I've never laughed so hard!

"Blacky Bung-Eye" roflmao
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:13:23 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 08:20:49 pm »
EXCUSE ME!

This isn't about "feckin" (see thread titled cheap flights) kangaroos.

This is about my all out war, which I might add I'm losing miserably.   >:(

If some of you all want to piss and moan about kangaroos, start your own thread.  This is about evil and conspiring rabbits, and squirrels that are apparently smartly than me.

Finally, Wumpster, there are only two people I'd "grease my pole for", and yes you are one.  At least you were till I read the squirrel recipe you posted.  That . . . . .well that just ain't going to happen.   :P

I hate all of you! 

RAB   ;D

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 08:26:18 pm »
Rabby Roo,

you need to just hire these 2 guys;;

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:30:07 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline denb45

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 08:26:38 pm »

oh come now RAB  :-* us hillbillies out here in bubba-land can EAT just about anything, if were hungry enough  ;D ABQ is still red-neck no matter how you wanna look at it  :D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:30:14 pm by denb45 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 09:07:45 pm »
Rab, just don't shoot this one.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 09:47:21 pm »
EXCUSE ME!

This isn't about "feckin" (see thread titled cheap flights) kangaroos.

This is about my all out war, which I might add I'm losing miserably.   >:(

If some of you all want to piss and moan about kangaroos, start your own thread.  This is about evil and conspiring rabbits, and squirrels that are apparently smartly than me.

Finally, Wumpster, there are only two people I'd "grease my pole for", and yes you are one.  At least you were till I read the squirrel recipe you posted.  That . . . . .well that just ain't going to happen.   :P

I hate all of you! 

RAB   ;D

Oh get over it and just feed the little cuties and they will leave your seeds, plant or whatever alone...see I've solved the problem for you....FEED THEM!!

Aroha

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2011, 09:21:21 am »
EXCUSE ME!

But RAB, darling, kangaroos are nothing more than large wabbits. Trust me on this one.

I hate all of you! 

RAB   ;D

We love you too, RABbit RABilicious!

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2011, 09:29:58 am »
Rab..

Perhaps those squirrels are just bored, because they don't have enough recreational activities to partake in :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37fDXX9stJY

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Basquo

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2011, 10:09:34 am »
OMG Will, that picture og the soldiers was LOL funny!!

But, please don't post out-of-season recipes. As a Southerner, you should keep in mind that squirrels are like rabbits in that they shouldn't be eaten in a month without an "R" in the name. Hence, squirrels and rabbits will not be in season until September.

RAB, just fatten the little fuckers up for the next few months.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2011, 10:29:46 am »
OMG Will, that picture og the soldiers was LOL funny!!

But, please don't post out-of-season recipes. As a Southerner, you should keep in mind that squirrels are like rabbits in that they shouldn't be eaten in a month without an "R" in the name. Hence, squirrels and rabbits will not be in season until September.

RAB, just fatten the little fuckers up for the next few months.
Ray
Rune
Ruly
Rugust
 ;D

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2011, 11:05:43 am »
You need to introduce mink into the neighbourhood

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.