Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:19:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 441
Total: 441

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: So Who Else Is Getting Excited?  (Read 8966 times)

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
So Who Else Is Getting Excited?
« on: June 10, 2008, 09:32:59 pm »
Hi all,

Well, we are now two months before the first AMG attendees start arriving in Mexico City.  Is any one else getting as excited like Thom and I?

Seems like some folks have not checked in with their arrival information.  I will not point any fingers, yet.  But some much anticipated members are still MIA.  Let's give Dennis a morale boost and bump up those numbers.  I count 6 + Dennis who have not checked in yet.

It's getting close folks.  Who's with me?

Hugs, Ric

PS - We would like to include all our Mexicano brothers and sisters.  Please consider joining us for this important event.  We hope that you will welcome us to your beautify county and city.  We are all in this together.  (Siento a todas, pero mi Espanol es muy malo.)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:44:26 am by Ric Wilke »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: So Who Else Is Getting Excited?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 01:07:34 pm »
Hi all,

Is any one else getting as excited like Thom and I?

Oh lord, two months?  Where's the time gone?  But yeah, I'm getting pretty antsy and excited. 

Seems like some folks have not checked in with their arrival information.  I will not point any fingers, yet.  But some much anticipated members are still MIA.  Let's give Dennis a morale boost and bump up those numbers.  I count 6 + Dennis who have not checked in yet.

It's getting close folks.  Who's with me?

Hugs, Ric

Point fingers I say.  I sent a certain certain someone a message just yesterday to get his butt in gear.  He got a little mouthy in his response so I've put him on my list of people to smack up along side the head!  That'll teach him!  But he'll show up I bet.

Then there's that sexy tall guy (who I have a secret crush on, but don't tell him I said that!   ;))  He hasn't told us when he's arriving either!  He's another one who's going on the list too. 

(Siento a todas, pero mi Espanol es muy malo.)

I don't know what that means, but I echo the sentiment!   :D

RAB

Offline Basquo

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 08:26:04 pm »
ME!! ME!! I am getting excited!!  I'm excited to go to a place where I can practice Spanish without all this Tex-Mex slang that makes me go  ???

And this time I have a partner that I can introduce you to IN PERSON, not just say, "Oh, yes, I have a boyfriend but he could give a shit about coming with me and meeting you..."

Well, Santi is coming and he's excited to meet my friends! He's seen your pictures.  I guess I should show you his, huh?  He's especially excited to meet Jan.

Here we are right before Christmas, when we first started going out, after ten years of flirting.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 09:35:16 pm »

Point fingers I say.  I sent a certain certain someone a message just yesterday to get his butt in gear.  He got a little mouthy in his response so I've put him on my list of people to smack up along side the head!  That'll teach him!  But he'll show up I bet.

RAB

He had better show..if not then he will be the first one on these forum to witness of my scottish temper..we jocks are well known for our tempers when we don't get what we want, and I want him there... ;)

I have a lot to do between now and August, but to answer your question Ric, hell yes I'm getting excited.

Basquo I love the photo and I'm looking forward to meeting Santi..we must do lunch.. :D

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 08:59:24 pm »
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I am sooooooo  looking forward to this. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes Ric, I am getting excited about this

I am very much looking foward to seeing all of you.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 12:01:36 pm »
Do you guys suppose they have Chez Cora restaurants in Mexico City?   ???

God I loved their breakfast!

RAB   ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 01:09:13 pm »
I'm looking forward to the trip, but I generally don't get excited until a few days before a trip.  However, a couple of months ago I read The Aztecs by Richard Townsend -- I think that's the one Tim Horn recommended, unless I bought the wrong book.  Anyway, horribly fascinating.  I love history and archaeology of the ancients, so I can't wait to visit certain things in MC.

Oh, and I also went to the Frida Khalo exhibit here at the Philadelphia Museum of Art -- most excellent.  IIRC it's traveling now to San Francisco is you live there and wish to see it before going to MC.

Now I just need to read up from a current guidebook or something.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 02:48:39 pm »
RAB,

I think when we die and get to Heaven, Chez Cora will be right there!  I have been lots of places in the world and I have yet to find a better breakfast than there.  This morning I had a Hampton Inn breakfast (ugh....) and it pales by comparison.  Hopefully we will find something good in Mexico City.

Heuvos Rancheros anyone?

Gary   :D
Diagnosed Oct. 2005
10/05:  367 (26.2%), 24556 VL
01/06:  344 (24.6%), 86299 VL
04/06:  374 (22.0%), 87657 VL
05/06:  Began HAART 05/15/06, Combivir/Kaletra
07/06:  361 (27.8%), 1299 VL
10/06:  454 (32.4%), 55 VL
01/07:  499 (38.4%), UD
02/07:  Switched to Atripla 2/8/07
04/07:  566 (37.7%), UD
08/07:  761 (42.3%), UD
06/08:  659 (47.1%), UD
01/09:  613 (43.8%), UD
07/09:  616 (47.4%), UD
01/10:  530 (44.2%), UD
07/10:  636 (48.9%), UD
01/11:  627 (48.2%), UD
07/11:  840 (52.5%), UD
01/12:  920 (51.1%), UD
07/12:  857 (50.4%), 40
10/12:  UD
01/13:  710 (47.3%), UD
07/13:  886 (49.2%), UD
01/14:  985 (46.9%), UD
06/14:  823 (47.2%), UD
01/15: 1366 (45.2%), UD
07/15: 1134 (50.7%), UD
02/16: 1043 (55.1%), UD
08/16:  746  (55.4%), UD
08/16:  Switch from Atripla to Genvoya

Offline Robert

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 07:14:03 pm »

How long much I keep on waiting?     

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 10:27:52 pm »
Mini is getting VERY excited.  Mum is just getting VERY nervous.  I haven't flown in 10yrs, Mini has never flown (at least not in an airplane).  I get airsick, Mini gets chatty - good thing no one else we know will be on that flight.  I'm a list maker, so I've already gotten several lists together for the trip. ::)  Hopefully once we are there, haven't missed any connecting flights, found our luggage as we left it, make it through customs, our room is ready and waiting for us, I finally believe Hubby when he tells me the other kids are okay, and I'm convinced that Mini's not going to catch some dreaded tummy cootie, I'll be able to relax and have some fun.  Aren't you glad I'm coming  ;)

Mum (who will one day announce her real name so folks older than I am aren't running around calling me "Mum" ;D)

edited because i remembered some other things to add to my "before i can have fun" list.
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 02:07:48 am »
Hi Mum

I'm sure everything will work out fine so don't stress out too much...and if you want a night out on your own I'm up for a night of babysitting...I'm sure Mini and I will have fun.. ;)

Hugs

Offline minismom

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 08:02:25 pm »
Jan, hun, thanks so much for the offer.  But, alas, i'm old.  "Night on the town" to us is flipping a coin to see who has to drive off the mountain and into town and get Blizzards from Dairy Queen - through the drive-thru, of course, because if it's after 8:30pm, we're in our P.J's. :P  I may send little Miss Queenie to your room so that I can get some sleep..lol..or so my ears can have a rest.

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 08:06:30 pm »
Jan, hun, thanks so much for the offer.  But, alas, i'm old.  "Night on the town" to us is flipping a coin to see who has to drive off the mountain and into town and get Blizzards from Dairy Queen - through the drive-thru, of course, because if it's after 8:30pm, we're in our P.J's. :P  I may send little Miss Queenie to your room so that I can get some sleep..lol..or so my ears can have a rest.

Mum

Sounds good to me, Mini can visit my room anytime she wants to..I'm not a night owl either..but if you want that all important afternoon nap then I'm sure Mini and I can find something to do.. ;)

Hugs

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 10:14:43 am »
Mum (who will one day announce her real name so folks older than I am aren't running around calling me "Mum" ;D)

edited because i remembered some other things to add to my "before i can have fun" list.

MUM I think it's too late for announcing your real name.  You're pretty much stuck with being called MUM at least 50% of the time.  That's just the way it's going to be sweetheart.   ;)

But, alas, i'm old.  "Night on the town" to us is flipping a coin to see who has to drive off the mountain and into town and get Blizzards from Dairy Queen - through the drive-thru, of course, because if it's after 8:30pm, we're in our P.J's. :P 

Mum

Yeah well I've got an evil plan to get you "out on the town"  for at least one night of "adult fun".  That plan includes you getting tipsy and doing the tequila dance with Dennis.  So just be warned woman!   ;D

RAB

Edit for typo
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:20:20 am by RAB »

Offline minismom

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 07:39:35 am »
Rab, my darling, you can call me Mum all you want.  Even my kids' friends call me mum.  Just don't expect Mini to answer to Mini.  She'll answer to "bubba", though...LOL...the plague of having 2 older brothers.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.