Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:15:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 180
Total: 181

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 48 million viral load during acute hiv with fever and moderate flu like illness  (Read 84708 times)

Offline gpapadop91

Good afternoon guys... Have a nice Sunday

Online virgo313

Hello there.
Hope you are enjoying ur weekend. Hope u r taking a break & go about ur daily routine.
RVD Nov 2015. VL --> Log 5.32 HAART on 23/11/15
TDF+FTC+EFV / Chemo KS - 25/11/15 - 20/01/16.
CD4 - 4 (3/11/15) / VL - 225,000

Offline Tonny2

ojo.         Hello again!…I’m glad you, it seems, are taking back control of your life, you know what I mean, don’t you?…take care and remember that you are still the same person before your dx, just take your med and a good attitude will help you to do back to live a “normal” life…please keep us posted…good luck

Offline gpapadop91

Hello there.. good evening , wish you all having a very merry Christmas 🎄🎄🎄

Online virgo313

Merry Christmas to you too. How are you?

Offline gpapadop91

Hellloooo guys ... How are you???
I'm here , anyways was about to send wishes later tonight for happy new year, but now a friend from our community, had disappeared, I sent him now and told me he has bad health issues.. Wasn't related to our situation BUT AS I TOOK perfect support from here , I needed to hear info from similar cases to transfer him what I learnt from here....

Especially he has FALL OF END EDGE of his left foot... it's totally paralysed... Fuck

Any idea someone? Is because of disease?
Also I have some acid acute pains sometimes on spinal cord on my back inside the skeleton...

Don't know what is ...

My wishes to all of you....
And he is searching what is and how to treat
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 12:18:18 pm by Jim Allen »

Offline gpapadop91

He now told me ha had magnetic icon and has 3 big bulbs in his spinal cord... Dont know what is...

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Hiya,

Sorry to hear that your psychologist fell and hurt themselves and they are in poor heath. Not sure why you think it's HIV related but regardless it's something they need to sort out with their MD and not reflective of your health.

Perhaps time to find another psychologist for your own mental health care.

magnetic icon

I have a few on my fridge holding up paperwork

I have some acid acute pains sometimes on spinal cord on my back inside the skeleton...

See your medical healthcare provider. Could be nothing.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 01:59:32 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Online virgo313

Don’t think spinal pain is related to poz. I change my mattress & now I have less pain. Very often it is related to sleeping conditions when back hurts.

Offline gpapadop91

Guys hello there...
I'm really mad about me.
I have made a mistake.
Or maybe it was misunderstood here.
I didn't connect because I don't have the knowledge and I just asked if there any ideas so I could help and be helped with info from your experience.
I need to edit a comment ANd cannot find where is it !!! Also if I have said anything offensive or against pers data please show me, I'm ready to pay the consequences
Wish you all happiness for new year...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 09:49:13 am by gpapadop91 »

Offline gpapadop91

In my last message of today I can see a "Modify" choice... I'm my 5 days comment I cannot see such a choice. Does anyone know please??

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Not sure why you are writing in Caps or you think there is a personal data issue?

Anyhow, the edit function isn't available by design. It's only for a limited time and you can't edit a post after it's been read and replied to by others.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

Not sure why you are writing in Caps or you think there is a personal data issue?

Anyhow, the edit function isn't available by design. It's only for a limited time and you can't edit a post after it's been read and replied to by others.
I'm sorry I forgot caps enabled..

Offline gpapadop91

Anyways There is need to change.

I did mistake and MUST EDIT OR DELETE..
MINE..
Not others' comments ... But mine yes ..

By reporting??
Can I do??

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Hiya,

We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

Now, with that being said, I am willing to go back and edit posts for members that contain things like personally identifiable data such as photo's or email addresses/names/addresses or phone numbers etc.

So if the post contains identifiable data, please PM the details of the post and I'll edit that data out.

Best, Jim.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

Hellooo good evening guys.. how are you all???
Wishing good year and happy year ...
Are you all fine??

I would like to discuss about this new UCLA findings??
I promised to not read and I did it for months.
But now I was in holidays season so I wanted)felt the need to know what's new??

Any hope at the end of the tunnel??

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
What findings? Do you mean SUW133
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
I wanted)felt the need to know what's new??
Why? Do you think you won't hear about it in the news or on social media? Do you think your Doctor isn't going to administer the cure to you if and when it's developed?

I hope you realize that when a "miracle" treatment or the cure is developed it'll be all in the news (including poz.com, thebody, etc), even long before it'll actually be available.

Looking at all this kind of information about any possible cure isn't going to get the cure to you any faster than I'll get it myself; but it will get you a lot of stress, unnecessary worry, and emotional turmoil that I don't have (and haven't had in the 38 yrs that I've lived with HIV)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline gpapadop91

What findings? Do you mean SUW133
Hey Jim , nice to see you here again...how are you? No, I know it isn't new , I mean the suw133.
Just wondered if it brings some hope...
Of course , as Leatheman told, if it's a cure ever we will all know.
Just saw an article about this on the recommended to read articles and wanted to share and hear thoughts.
Wishing you all good day.
I'm having a sore throat from yesterday , maybe because of my son who had it too few days ago...and feeling a bit upset.
Good morning ☀️ guys

Offline gpapadop91

and haven't had in the 38 yrs that I've lived with HIV
Really Leatheman?? I thought you had told us here you have been living with it for 29 yrs, maybe thirty this year...
Wish you more GOOD more 38

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Hey Jim , nice to see you here again...how are you? No, I know it isn't new , I mean the suw133.
Just wondered if it brings some hope...

Suw133. Well, good news for the mice, although we made them sick to start with :-\ Suw133 has been around for years and I'm not a mouse.

Although on one hand, the learnings are always interesting, another part of me thinks given the issues this planet faces we should for our own good focus on other priorities. Anyhow, at this time Suw133 does not mean anything to me as a person living with HIV.

However, I'll update the Suw133 thread if anyone wishes to discuss it. https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=67702

I'm having a sore throat from yesterday , maybe because of my son who had it too few days ago...and feeling a bit upset.
Good morning ☀️ guys

Sorry to hear you and your son have been feeling unwell and I hope you both feel better soon.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 03:52:20 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
This is worth repeating.

Looking at all this kind of information about any possible cure isn't going to get the cure to you any faster than I'll get it myself; but it will get you a lot of stress, unnecessary worry, and emotional turmoil that I don't have

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

Thanks guys...
Good evening..
Jim , this sore throat and GH GH move to clean throat is really really bad.. dontou have it?? I had once again in October, lasting only two days... So I don't know.
In past I had once a year but lasting for 3-5 days.
Now more times , but less period...
😌😌😌
Wish you all the best...

Here we will have -5 in my city in two days! How is the weather in Ireland?

Also Leatheman , where do you live??

Offline gpapadop91

Jim...

I also read an updated article from Very well health.

It says this :
""For most people who are treated early, the CD4 count will return to normal levels (500 or above). For those who delay treatment, the CD4 count may never fully recover, leaving that person vulnerable to opportunistic infections.
Studies have shown that starting HIV therapy with a CD4 count under 200 reduces life expectancy by an average of 8 years compared to someone starting at a CD4 count over 200.""

Is this an outdated article or with outdated information?

Has anyone here ever seen a person starting treatment with lower than 200 and reaching more than 500??

Thanks guys

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Jim...

I also read an updated article from Very well health.

It says this :
""For most people who are treated early, the CD4 count will return to normal levels (500 or above). For those who delay treatment, the CD4 count may never fully recover, leaving that person vulnerable to opportunistic infections.
Studies have shown that starting HIV therapy with a CD4 count under 200 reduces life expectancy by an average of 8 years compared to someone starting at a CD4 count over 200.""

Is this an outdated article or with outdated information?

Has anyone here ever seen a person starting treatment with lower than 200 and reaching more than 500??

Thanks guys

We have already answered this and had long conversations about it in your thread  ;)

You are going to back to asking questions that have already been answered just asking them in a slightly different way.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 08:30:34 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator

Here we will have -5 in my city in two days! How is the weather in Ireland?

The last few weeks it's pretty warm for Ireland and we have had some sunshine. Some days we even had 12/13 degrees celsius, although, had some frost the last 2 days and the temperature is currently 5 degrees celsius
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

So I will go back again to previous replies to find .. because really I don't remember if someone starting with lower than 200 can have again 500+ with new modern haart ..

Offline gpapadop91

Here too...it was today close to 20 but from tomorrow we will have a frosty week with temperatures reaching in centre of Athens about -2-0 degrees.
Hugs and bye

Offline gpapadop91

Here too...it was today close to 20 but from tomorrow we will have a frosty week with temperatures reaching in centre of Athens about -2-0 degrees.
Hugs and bye

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
Really Leatheman?? I thought you had told us here you have been living with it for 29 yrs, maybe thirty this year
ah! sometimes my timeline seems screwy but that's because I (mostly) know when I was infected. I've been taking meds since December 1992 when I was diagnosed (that was a crappy Christmas present for me and my first partner who got his results the following month), so that's been 30 yrs that I've been taking meds this upcoming Dec. But I'm also pretty sure, looking back in retrospect, that my first partner was infected 2 yrs before we got together and that's how I was infected in 1984 - and that would be the 38 yrs of living with HIV coming up later this year in November.

Oh gosh yes! Me, my husband, over a dozen friends, tons of people I've met doing peer support and advocacy work, and bunches of people who are long term survivors (as in pre-HAART long term survivors). All of the people I'm thinking about all had cd4 counts <200 (most down in the teens). While these people all have cd4s >500 now, I do know a few people who haven't reached 500.

Heck, I just finally joined this bunch last year and it still freaks me out to have such a large cd4 when I spent probably 15 yrs thinking 350 was about as high as I would ever get. Six months ago, I hit 742! My husband and I share our doctor appointments and at our appointment last week, my husband outed me to our doctor about worrying when my counts were so high and claiming that the lab results HAVE to be wrong. Hehehe I felt much better when I found out my cd4s were back in my new "normal" range and were back down to 523. Our funny, funny doctor even left a note saying he fully believed this result was not a lab error. ;D ;D ;D

Just remember, as long as your cd4s are >200, it doesn't matter how many you have. It just matters that they work!  ;)

Also Leatheman , where do you live??
well, while the last couple of days have felt like I was back in Ohio where I lived with my first 2 partners - with snow on the ground, cold biting wind, and having to run the furnace all day - I'm living back outside my hometown of Charlotte, NC, in a little town in upper South Carolina. Several of my Ohio friends have called to kid me about our winter "storm" (about 1/5 inch of icy snow); but when I heard about the 18 inches of snow up in Cleveland, while the remaining snow here should be finished melting away with the 40 degree weather and rain, I was again reminded of why I quit leaving up North with the Yankees. LOL
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline gpapadop91

Thanks for your nice answer. .I like communication.
I promised to quit reading. I did it. Now I came back after a month off. Need to know what happening around...

Anyways I don't think that it was lab error too...your 7hndr+

So finally do you or don't you support Yankees.

Me as you understand support Yiannis Adetokoumpo 👊🌷🌹🙏🏽

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
So finally do you or don't you support Yankees.
yankees as in baseball team? No. I'm a Cleveland Indians/Guardians fan
yankees as Americans who live in the Northern states? yes, I have loved many of them, especially my 2 deceased partners and a lot of friends I left behind when I moved.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline gpapadop91

Hey.. food morning... Can I ask something about AGT103??
When they say "AGT hopes to have a 'functionally cured patient by next summer' , do they mean summer 2022 or 2023??

Also , they tell , that a 15 year follow up is required bumy FDA and is mandatory. By this do they mean , that if a cure is found by next summer' , so the cure will be available (If the follow up is ok) after 15 years , ie the soonest at 2037??

Offline gpapadop91

Hey guys .. can anyone answer me this please??

I admit this Xmas season , I ate like no tomorrow.
The most cholesterol , sweet and bad saturated foods.

So I started searching about cancers and us as a group.

I found although a 20 year old being infected can expect to live until 70 , however cancers can come 10-15 years earlier than what they would come related to our negative peers.

Is this still data from old studies, or with the new treatment can we expect bit better outcomes??

Please don't tell me , we have talked this topic again.
Now I ask something clear and specific.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Please don't tell me , we have talked this topic again.
Now I ask something clear and specific.

We have thought and we have provided clear and specific information.

End of the day, you live with HIV, and the treatment you are currently taking belongs to the most modern treatment in suppressing HIV. Nothing more can be done at this stage, so no point stressing about it, end of story!

Trust me, I could have wasted two+ decades stressing about it, or I could have lived my life, and I chose the latter, and so can you. I know we spoke face to face on zoom about this as well.

Sure, we a group risk, well to start, that's a total shit bucket, like the rest of humanity, regardless of HIV status. Anyhow, we all have different backgrounds, treatment histories for our health issues, lifestyle risks, and co-modalities that need to be considered.

So, as a group considering the above, we have somewhat increased risks for certain issues, but we also have more monitoring that benefits us. Finally, at the end of the da,y nobody has a crystal ball. Also, you can reduce your risks for issues like cancer as we have discussed at length as well. Overall things are more treatable nowadays and overall despite our increased risks as a group it does not change the projected life expectancy as a group is near enough the same as out HIV negative peers.

No offence, but I really am considering a ban for you would be in your best interest. It would be a first for someone living with HIV on these forums who has not breached any "defined" rule and it's not something I can decide on my own, I would have to consult others, but I do wonder if prehaps it's in your own best interest as clearly, to me, the forums are not helping you.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 03:26:43 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

I am not offended by this. I have learnt that life is difficult and hard. Universe is against all of us atomically...so we have to learn to live with this , like French say Cest la vie.
Why do I tell this?
By a ban to me, I will only feel a group, a team that I feel I belong to, rejects me because I ask a lot , because I want to know more...I will only feel this as a punishment, but it's welcome if universe decides this... I will lose one more door to people who felt connection with but I don't really understand the reason...
I didn't offend, I didn't blame , I didn't use bad words... By banning someone who asks a lot, what is the benefit?

You , I mean many here, asked me to live my life... I'm really doing this. With my hobbies , work , family everything. Some weeks I have not even time to search for such things.

Anyways, the only reason to ask many things is that I only want to know in what degree I can relax.....

For example.. you say nowadays most cases are treatable. But in the article I told you was written, that for us , even when find something early it's a bit more difficult and less efficient to treat it because of our initially damaged system.

And I asked if this was with the old treatments or with the new ones too?
If someone explains me what is bad by asking something rational like this, I will next time think not twice but ten times before I ask something...

Anyways.
I'm sorry if I bothered you.
I'm really sorry .
I will really disappear for until April when I will have my 1+3+6 months test...

Good night guys.
🙏🏽🌷

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
I am not offended by this.

Good because trust me I am not worried for a single second if you are offended.

By a ban to me, I will only feel a group, a team that I feel I belong to, rejects me because I ask a lot , because I want to know more...I will only feel this as a punishment, but it's welcome if universe decides this... I will lose one more door to people who felt connection with but I don't really understand the reason...
I didn't offend, I didn't blame , I didn't use bad words... By banning someone who asks a lot, what is the benefit?

Well, it's not about rejecting you or punishment, it's not about how many questions you ask. It's about caring about you and encouraging you to seek professional support as more than a few members have already suggested but you seem to be against it.

If I wanted to punish you then I have many ways of doing that and a ban is not one of them.

You , I mean many here, asked me to live my life... I'm really doing this. With my hobbies , work , family everything. Some weeks I have not even time to search for such things.

Anyways, the only reason to ask many things is that I only want to know in what degree I can relax.....

Some weeks, I go years despite being here every day without thinking about my own HIV status. You are not there yet.

For example.. you say nowadays most cases are treatable. But in the article I told you was written, that for us , even when find something early it's a bit more difficult and less efficient to treat it because of our initially damaged system.

Asked and answered. Not only that but I have posted this stuff about this in the welcome thread.

You can't change what has happened. You are living with HIV and you can manage the risks, now as a group, we have near-normal (average) life expectancy dispute issues along the way.

And I asked if this was with the old treatments or with the new ones too?
If someone explains me what is bad by asking something rational like this, I will next time think not twice but ten times before I ask something...

Sure, this has been explained as well.

But in plain language, the old cohort belongs either to groups that no treatment was available for a long time or older treatment and even then they waited to start treatment when you had AIDS and I mean the classic sense of the word, shit treatment options and CD4 totally fucked + IO's.

these groups that survived have in studies shown to have a few years fewer life expectancies as a group, but even then if take into account certain issues it's less than 5-8 years less. 82 - 5 is 77 with treatment is good compared to death on average within a few years.

Also, let's for argument sake say you would live 5 years less, well that's not bad, is it? So enjoy it and stop stressing about it.

Treat your HIV, attended check-ups, treat any issues that occur early, and cut out any bad habits, live your life,
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 08:08:20 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
first I'd like to add a few things to what Jim posted earlier

Anyhow, we all have different backgrounds, treatment histories for our health issues, lifestyle risks, and co-modalities that need to be considered.
since gpapadop91 mentioned cancer, it should be noted that many cancers are more likely because of genetics. So instead of looking at HIV for potentially "giving" you cancer in the future, blame your parents and grandparents. In the long run, it's their "fault".  ;)

the projected life expectancy as a group is near enough the same as out HIV negative peers.
actually gpapa, some studies are showing that people living with HIV, who receive regular health care, remain adherent to meds, and have cd4>200, may actually be living longer than their HIV- counterparts. How you ask? people living with HIV are more likely to access health care more often, are monitored more regularly, and are diagnosed and treated sooner (on other issues) therefore living longer than counterparts who don't have the same regular monitoring

I am not offended by this. I have learnt that life is difficult and hard. Universe is against all of us atomically...so we have to learn to live with this , like French say Cest la vie.
while I certainly agree that life is difficult, I don't agree that the universe is against anyone. The universe doesn't care. Your life is based on your upbringing, your income, and what choices you make. Something in your life you don't like? Then work to change it. Learn a new skill, get medical help, be a more caring person, work hard to change the things about you or your situation that you don't like.

By a ban to me, I will only feel a group, a team that I feel I belong to, rejects me because I ask a lot , because I want to know more...I will only feel this as a punishment, but it's welcome if universe decides this
Again, the Universe isn't deciding anything. It's not your questions, it's you not listening to us. This is 2022 and HIV is a highly manageable illness. Daily meds suppress HIV and patients can go on to live full, long lives. I can certainly understand that you want to know more about this disease you have - so focus on the subjects of how to be adherent to your meds, eating healthy, exercising, and doing things to be a healthier person. While you're worried about possible HIV-related issues (that may not even affect you as someone who was able to start with the most recent meds), things like high blood pressure, bad cholesterol, diabetes etc are much more likely to end your life than anything like HIV or cancer.

Your belief that something HIV-related, sometime decades away in the future could end your life prematurely is what is being rejected. Our hope is that you can replace your unfounded fears about possible future outcomes with taking care of your mental and physical health in the here-and-now.

For example.. you say nowadays most cases are treatable.
The only patients not treatable are the people who are not diagnosed or treated until too late. Many people who are literally on their death beds have been brought back to life by HIV meds; but sadly not all of them. Those are the people who simply weren't treated in time - this is clearly not your situation and should not be concerning you.

that for us , even when find something early it's a bit more difficult and less efficient to treat it because of our initially damaged system.
actually that's completely backwards. While in the past this kind of thinking might have been a little more true, these days for HIV+ people early diagnosis of other issues often makes it easier to be treated with a much higher rate of successful treatment.

while I have researched medications in the past (things were changing rapidly in the 90s, and staying on top  of the latest medications is part of why I'm still alive after starting meds 30 yrs ago); NEVER have I ever done research about the longevity of life or a cure. Those things are completely unpredictable and completely out of my control and therefore none of my concern. maybe, because HIV is very complex virus, if I was a microbiologist or something I would care more; but as a patient, how long I live is based on how healthy I can make my body (that's why at almost 60, I'm in the gym everyday ;) ) and whether a cure happens or not really doesn't matter as I've got HIV successfully suppressed right now.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline gpapadop91

Good because trust me I am not worried for a single second if you are offended.
Hey Jim. First of all thanks for all this. I really appreciate your time and it's helpful believe me. More than you can understand.
Secondly , it's you yes and I know your style but I'm only almost month more than half year. Not a year yet. So I'm exploring, I want to know. By getting banned , it's not a way if you think so to put someone to seek help ... However believe me I did it and started solving issues from beginning of my life with specialist. I have already done 7-8 sessions .. trying yet... So please understand me I need motivation , not fear ... And I have it from all of you here.

Anyways believe me I have accepted my case. But for me confusing information make me search more.
For example you say 82-5 , 77 is something bit different than the "same life expectancy but much less healthy years" I read on aidsinfo website.

To make long story short .. I'm just asking the specialists,you, and who are in my team to get to know. If I don't know how I will decide what should I do?

You think I don't live my life? This xmas I ate what I didn't ate all years together. 😂🤣 Enjoyed too much. Anyways we will talk about this when I will be in Ireland.

Generally , if we find something soon , can we treat it the same effectively like in neg peers?

Goodnight guys from the totally snowy Athens.
Bye

Offline gpapadop91

Hey Leatheman how nice you talk... This is maturity and kindness too. If I hadn't you and Jim , but others who wrote me here I love them as well... I don't know what I would do.
Invaluable information or help... Thanks.... Virgo for example the other member with a cat tiger STH like this profile picture.

Letaherman, my hematologist she told me a month after diagnosis to avoid strength exercises at gym and recommended for my case and group a fast with rhythm walking and same time when I walk to exercise abs...

Because I would like to do strength exercises but im afraid to give excessive amount of tiredness to body..

You have right. Cholesterol I have to check again because I can see it's a bit elevated...the bad one..
Haha

Guys , love you all.
Kisses
Sincerely appreciateful to your help.
Bye

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
A ban would be because letting you continue here would be not in your best interest.

If I don't know how I will decide what should I do?

See that's the issue. You do know and there is nothing really to decide in relation to the questions you have. Take your meds, go to check-ups and live your life, end of story.

For example you say 82-5 , 77 is something bit different than the "same life expectancy but much less healthy years" I read on aidsinfo website.

Asked and answered already.

Generally , if we find something soon , can we treat it the same effectively like in neg peer

Not sure what you mean?

We already have something, it's called ART (HAART) and with that, we should already treat HIV as a manageable condition like so many conditions people have regardless of HV status.

You think I don't live my life? This xmas I ate what I didn't ate all year together. 😂🤣 Enjoyed too much. Anyways we will talk about this when I will be in Ireland.

Not yet. You still give your HIV status far too much control and power over you.

I have already done 7-8 sessions .. trying yet... So please understand me I need motivation , not fear ... And I have it from all of you here.

Genuine question, are those 7-8 sessions with a psychologist? How is that going?
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
Letaherman, my hematologist she told me a month after diagnosis to avoid strength exercises at gym and recommended for my case and group a fast with rhythm walking and same time when I walk to exercise abs...
Blood test , done at 8 of July , a month (28 days to be accurate) after starting my treatment with Descovy and Isentress , showed now
UNDETECTABLE VIRAL LOAD
well, that seems like bad advice. I went back through this long thread and saw that within a month of treatment you went from a high VL to undetectable with rising cd4s above 200. You're quite the lucky person. Most people can only hope to reach successful treatment in that short of a time. With those kinds of numbers there's no way you shouldn't be getting back to your normal life and normal exercise. You know how best your body feels and can improve your exercise routines and limits as you feel.

Generally , if we find something soon , can we treat it the same effectively like in neg peers?
I took this to mean that if some other illness was diagnosed would/could it be treated as effectively as with HIV- people?
Yes. While HIV+ people may have slightly higher rates of some diseases, after HIV is suppressed, these diseases would be treated as well as for any people. Being HIV+ doesn't make any other disease worse or treatment for those diseases any less effective.

You think I don't live my life? This xmas I ate what I didn't ate all years together. ???? Enjoyed too much. Anyways we will talk about this when I will be in Ireland.
mmmm the holidays. I baked and iced sooooo many sugar cookies! Eight dozen went out to friends and family. Oh and I ate a bunch too! Unfortunately for my friends (and my poor husband), I am GREAT at making desserts. I cook everything but desserts are my forte.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Anyways we will talk about this when I will be in Ireland.

Sure thing and this week they dropped the COVID restrictions so pubs etc are open again.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

Hello guys...

How are all you?

I just found out about this strain causing 3-4 times more higher viral load than hiv poz peers , so in my head it's some kind of connection between my initial viral load to this variant.

Still , new medications are effective without the variant being resistant to treatment so it's said no need to new meds for this strain is required...

Hope you are doing well...

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2022/02/04/1078035844/discovery-of-hiv-variant-shows-virus-can-evolve-to-be-more-severe-and-contagious?ft=nprml&f=1078035844

Kisses

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Yeah, seen this over the last few weeks, not really news though and there are other strains with rapid progression within 2-3 years, although I'll open a thread for it and you don't have this particular strain.

How are you feeling generally?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 04:04:39 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

Hello Jim 👋🤗
Thanks for asking , I'm doing well , really ..
Only some articles recommended by chrome can sometimes make me a bit thoughtful....
However I don't know if I have this strain or another. The trans girl who gave it to me is very famous and popular in western countries and Netherlands too... So ...
But anyways I'm feeling bwell.
Also feeling fine and hopeful and optimistic with the progress have been made (is it correct grammatically?) with cure , I will paste the link...

https://www.labiotech.eu/in-depth/hiv-cure-research/

And Jim what about you?
Today my friend this girl who started working in Newbridge told me in the morning it was totally freeze the weather...
How is it? Really cold??
Here too today...

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
I think you need to adjust your chrome settings if it's recommending so much crap, can't be healthy to have HIV publications popping up all the time, and you didn't aquire HIV from the trans woman, at least not from the activities posted here  ;)

Anyhow, moving on from that closed topic, I'm glad to hear you are otherwise doing well.

Today my friend this girl who started working in Newbridge told me in the morning it was totally freeze the weather...
How is it? Really cold??

To be honest, I think it's the mildest winter I can remember. It was between 4-11 degrees Celsius today.

P.s

It depends on what you are used to.

When I was a kid winters for me often enough included temperatures of minus 16-20 degrees celsius (3 degrees Fahrenheit) and we went ice skating on the rivers and lakes. So 4 degrees Celsius isn't cold for me

However,  if are from a warmer or dryer climate, I suppose it's going to feel cold.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 04:44:44 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
"Nobody should be alarmed," Wymant says. "It responds exactly as well to treatment as HIV normally does."

There's no need to develop special treatments for this variant, he adds. It shows no signs at all of resisting medications, as some HIV variants do. But because the variant moves quickly, people need to receive medicine as fast as possible.
so that's all still ok news for more developed countries. Most developed country have some sort of healthcare program, and most if not all have plans within that program evaluating their own HIV looking for ways to reduce the spread. Included in that kind of program are mandated measures that try to shrink the amount of time from diagnosis to prescription and through to undetectable viral load.

The Ryan White Program in the USA uses the Continuum of Care to evaluate the progress to eradicating the disease, through both prevention and through treatment.

these steps through the continuum of care are:
diagnosis of HIV infection
linkage to HIV medical care
receipt of HIV medical care
retention in medical care
achievement and maintenance of viral suppression
https://www.hiv.gov/federal-response/policies-issues/hiv-aids-care-continuum

In the past, the thought was to wait on treatment until a patient reached a certain point; but time has shown that getting started on medications ASAP is the way to go to ensure HIV does the least amount of damage to a patient's immune system. No matter from when a person is infected (or what strain or what their viral load is) to when they are diagnosed, the goal is to get the patient into medical care, prescribed meds and monitored for reaching undetectable as soon as possible.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline gpapadop91

Good evening and greetings to everyone here...
Wishes for happy weekend

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.