Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:56:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 359
Total: 360

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 48 million viral load during acute hiv with fever and moderate flu like illness  (Read 81520 times)

Offline Grasshopper

Again here..

...... some two small lymphs touchable in my left side of neck...and one small but bit bigger than each on the left...

Now they are a 10% bigger 

Small and yet you are able to estimate a growth of 10% ?????   :-X

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
I had before contracting the virus some two small lymphs touchable in my left side of neck...and one small but bit bigger than each on the left...

Now they are a 10% bigger , all three, touchable , not seen and not as big as they were during my acute phase in May.

Go see your healthcare provider. In the last few months you have seen plenty of doctors, get one of them to have a look. Could be nothing, like fat lumps or normal nodes that you have been annoying, but best have a doc check it.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
All these stories from your that give us a hope...
Is the exception of the rule not the rule, correct?
Or is it the rule with the modern meds.?

It's not just individual stories, it's data, included in all the studies & publications in the sticky thread to back them up.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

Helloo there...good evening...

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/10/28/hiv-cure-excision-biotherapeutics/

It's talking about starting the trial of Crispr technology..

I read sth like this in several forums however didn't see yet an article Talking about the day of starting the trial..

Does anyone know something??

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
There are threads on EBT-101 and CRISPR.

Nothing new to report though
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

Helloo there...good evening...

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/10/28/hiv-cure-excision-biotherapeutics/

It's talking about starting the trial of Crispr technology..

I read sth like this in several forums however didn't see yet an article Talking about the day of starting the trial..

Does anyone know something??

ojo.            Hello there!…I wonder how much time you are wasting in searching for something that eventuality, if it were to happen, finding the cure, your doctor will be the first one in telling you, so, please stay away from the web and continue with your life before your dx…we are here to support you but, we also are here to let you know that what you have been doing it’s causing you stress which it’s not good for you, and, to tell you the truth, asking always the same, may make some of our member bored and they might ignore you. Don’t get me wrong, I’m trying to help you, I used to do the same and I couldn’t recuperate the time I wasted searching for information, but, when I was wasting time searching for information it was to know if I had a chance to keep living, when I got my dx, we made plans for our funerals, which isn’t your case, you can keep making plans for the future…take advantage of this second chance to LIVE…good luck

Offline gpapadop91

I don't get you wrong... instead thanks because I understand why and how you tell me this...
Nice to hear..
Maybe it's a try to have more contact with you , my brothers, because I feel loneliness in all this.... Only my wife a bit understands me.... But no-one can like you...

Thanks and please don't get me wrong too...
Kisses good night

Offline gpapadop91

Hello there... How are you???

Is everything fine?? Tomorrow I'm going to take my results...

I will get you posted .. 💪💪

I have a question seeking an answer from people who take or tried isentress (raltegravir).
Today my best friends grandmother found to have elevated liver enzymes transaminases. And they think about cancer.
They will see...and they think it maybe from 10-15 years of antibiotics... Because she was taking antibiotics for some reason I didn't understand...
Also
What I know for raltegravir is that it's metabolised by liver , not kidneys as Descovys tenofovir and emtricitabine.

So how can I be sure or just hopeful that my liver will live for 20 or 30 years??

So my general question is (because I know about your answers that we cannot know future and you have right) if there is already known after 15 years of isentress existence if it is generally safe or safer compared to antibiotics for example???

Thank you , good night and sweet dreams guys..
CU

Offline gpapadop91

There are threads on EBT-101 and CRISPR.

Nothing new to report though

Hi Jim...hope you are doing well.. 🙏
I could not read all... But understood something like as backfalls from this technology , like , although viral genome was cut to many pieces it could reform and reactivate...

Also..
Somewhere within the article , I think where is the start of the analysis (abstract) it says ALTHOUGH HAART CAN ELIMINATE REPLICATION AND CONTROL HIV HOWEVER HIV CAN REACTIVATE SOME TIME.. 
My question here is ; even under HAART?

https://journals.asm.org/doi/full/10.1128/JVI.01358-21

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Somewhere within the article , I think where is the start of the analysis (abstract) it says ALTHOUGH HAART CAN ELIMINATE REPLICATION AND CONTROL HIV HOWEVER HIV CAN REACTIVATE SOME TIME.. 
My question here is ; even under HAART?
yes. ARVs are not able to totally destroy all HIV (which would be a medical cure). this remaining virus goes latent/dormant and rests within "reservoirs". Occasionally some of this HIV may wake up and begin replicating again. Because the med level stays high enough when a patient stays on daily meds, the virus quickly gets blocked again and so no harm happens to the patient. Sometimes when you have blood work done exactly as this dormant virus reactivates, your results could show a some blip in viral load.

ARVs are not a cure; but they are medication that control HIV almost completely if a patient remains adherent to this daily medication.

The gist of it all is take you daily medications, quit worrying, and go on with your life  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline gpapadop91

Leatherman .. good morning.. how are you? Nice pleasure to see you here again. You are my motivator!!!
Thanks for your reply...

Could you please tell me also if you know about these new meds what I take?  Are toxic enough to our liver?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Could you please tell me also if you know about these new meds what I take?  Are toxic enough to our liver?

New meds? Do you mean the raltegravir?

Raltegravir is not toxic as such and you are being monitored to make sure things are okay. If you remain concerned you should also raise these concerns with your healthcare provider.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK548313/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4108567/

How did your appointment go today with your healthcare provider and did you talk to them about your concerns and prehaps some mental health support?

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

I just took my results

Diagnosed with 167 cd4 , 2800 wbc
One month art 276 cd4 , 5600 WBC , 18%
4,5 months art 326 , 4050 WBC , 21%
Transaminases , cholesterol , LDL , triglycerides all high but within normal limits
Creatinine 0.9
Urea 33

They told me , the secretary that is important the percentage from 18 to 21%.. I don't know what percentage is this..

Anyways.. my big fear is why cannot I increase my WBC??
In one month I got them to 5600
A month after 3800 and now 4050.
I feel unsafe with this because also my cd4 don't increase enough. And I think they will stop around 400-500

Anyone with medical knowledge can help me with this?

Maybe an untreated eye inflammation in the lip of eye that I have from August doesn't help me to recover a lot??

Offline gpapadop91

New meds? Do you mean the raltegravir?

Raltegravir is not toxic as such and you are being monitored to make sure things are okay. If you remain concerned you should also raise these concerns with your healthcare provider.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK548313/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4108567/

How did your appointment go today with your healthcare provider and did you talk to them about your concerns and prehaps some mental health support?

Τhanks Jim for all this...

So , just from introduction I can see it's a safe drug!

I was on positive voice now. They want me to take part in local study about newly diagnosed people who are straight.. and he told me , because he is the person who supports newly diagnosed people with talking and generally... That me, cause I meet trans women I am bi and not straight. However my profile matches more to a straight man than to a binor gay.
What is the updated new information?
I never was attracted to a man's beauty also even in the idea I'm negative. With transwomen I'm so excited that they are perfectly shaped , much more feminine than almost all women, and know to please you sexually... I find them so sexy that I cannot resist some times ...and that's why I got it... No problem now. Everything is fine..
Just wanted an idea ..
See you guys.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
I feel unsafe with this because also my cd4 don't increase enough. And I think they will stop around 400-500

The viral load is suppressed and they are above 200 and at 21%, so the CD4's are rather irrelevant now. However, I will say in under 6 months, your CD4's have doubled in the count. Anyhow, it's nothing to worry about.

This was also mentioned on the first and second pages of the thread with links.

Your healthcare provider should be explaining this to you as well.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 05:19:32 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

Should I expect them to increase more?

Offline daveR

Is you white blood count not on normal range at 4050? My recent report, has a scale of 4000 to 10,000, unless I am mistaken. Mine is 4500 so not much more than yours unless I am reading my report wrong.

As Jim said, your health care provider will monitor you regularly. Anything out of normal I am sure they will intervene.

Deep breaths, relax, happy thoughts.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Should I expect them to increase more?

They might, they might not. With most people, the counts improve in the first year, like your numbers are doing, but with the numbers you have, it's not a concern and it's not a measurement of health either.

It's over 200 or 14% so, try to relax. Again, if you read back this thread page 1 & 2 we discussed this.

As for the WBC, if the healthcare provider is not worried then don't stress about it. Seems like normal or near-normal range to me and within the first few months of starting to treat HIV and an immune system still healing I suppose it's somewhat expected to have slightly lower numbers.

But if you are concerned talk to your healthcare provider.

https://ada.com/white-blood-cell-count/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 05:18:58 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

I suppose it's somewhat expected to have slightly lower numbers.
Didn't understand this.
You mean you expected a bit Lower
Or
It is a bit lower than what expected??

Offline gpapadop91

Should I ask a logical question?
Does lifestyle play a role??

I mean , the first month I was sleeping at 10 every night.
Didn't eat chips, fries , fried foods, not sweets ...
Not working second job not stress...

After I saw good progress within a month on art ,

I started holidays...
Late night sleep.
Second job.
Stress
Chocolates
Ice creams
Fries
Burgers

Do you think they play a role??

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Didn't understand this.
You mean you expected a bit Lower
Or
It is a bit lower than what expected??

Might help to look at the whole sentence I wrote not just a section.

As for the WBC, if the healthcare provider is not worried then don't stress about it. Seems like normal or near-normal range to me and within the first few months of starting to treat HIV and an immune system still healing I suppose it's somewhat expected to have slightly lower numbers.

You only just started treating your HIV. Your immune system is still healing for lack of a better phase and some of your numbers were somewhat low, not unexpected and now they are normal or near normal. That's okay.

Does lifestyle play a role??

Look prolonged stress is bad for people in so many ways.

Eating a burger and fries from time to time is not an issue, neither is eating the odd ice cream, or having a late-night from time to time, or working two jobs. That's called life.

HIV will not care and nothing you eat will permanently change your CD4 counts either, if you are eating just burgers and fries all the time and always skipping on sleep that could be a health issue regardless of your HIV status.

A few of us have already mentioned this, but, if you want to live healthier there are things you can do, it's basic stuff, like don't smoke, cut out excessive drinking, eating a balanced/healthier diet, getting sufficient sleep and exercise and really important is also to look after your mental well-being.

This does not mean you can't have a night out, or never party again or eat some fries from time to time. Of course, you can.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 07:00:14 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
BTW.

The CD4 concerns you raised weeks ago on your first page of this thread, WBC by pages 2 & 3 and lifestyle questions on the same pages.

Have you discussed any of these items with your healthcare provider?

Because these concerns at the time, still seem to be a concern now, nothing we have said as a group seems to give you any peace with this and we can only give so much supplementary info besides sharing our personal experiences.

Really you need to talk to a healthcare worker if you keep having these concerns.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 07:16:10 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Deep breaths, relax, happy thoughts.

Fully agree.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

Thank you , I understand your words, still have some logic worries ..

I was more happy when could have 5600 within a month. And a big increase of cd4s with a very careful helathstyle.

But now... cannot having better health results is a reason to make me wonder what makes the difference in my numbers.
So I can be able to know what which is in my control ability I have to control.

Just this.

🙏🙏 thanks all

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Sure I see your logic, it's the same as this:

I flushed the toilet this morning then it started to rain.
Therefore, my flushing the toilet must have caused it to rain outside.

Thankfully we all know better ;)

On the CD4's, they have changed regardless of your lifestyle. In your case, it's an upward climb after starting to suppress the viral load so your immune system can stop fighting a losing battle and focus on better things.

Similar although not the same can be said for your other lab results, it's going to take time for things to settle and for your system to heal. Keep that in mind, and that even if you measured your labs every day they would go up and down, and that's normal variance.

In a more general sense, helping your immune system and healthier living you can do, the basic stuff as mentioned, but eating some fries and an ice-cream did not change the outcome.  ;) Reducing stress would be good.

Talk to your healthcare provider.

They were not concerned during your visit about your labs for good reason and if you are still bothered ask them to explain why they are not concerned and what you can do to improve/maintain your overall health.

A few of us have already mentioned this, but, if you want to live healthier there are things you can do, it's basic stuff, like don't smoke, cut out excessive drinking, eating a balanced/healthier diet, getting sufficient sleep and exercise and really important is also to look after your mental well-being.

This does not mean you can't have a night out, or never party again or eat some fries from time to time. Of course, you can.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 08:08:27 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
Are toxic enough to our liver?
ugh. I hate this kind of talk.

Toxic items are poisons.
ARVs are NOT toxic.
No medications are toxic.

Are some meds harder for the kidneys to handle well? yes. but even that is still not "toxic".

never use the word "toxic" again with any medications or treatments.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
So I can be able to know what which is in my control ability I have to control.
as far as HIV:
all you can do is take ARVs. period. full stop.

if HIV stays suppressed by daily medications, the viral load will remain undetectable and the rest of your body will do what it was genetically programmed to do based on the genetics of your parents.

Of course, living "healthier" can help you "feel better"; but there is nothing except meds to change your body's handling of HIV. Eating healthier, exercising, no smoking, etc. will help you be healthier to fight of diseases but do nothing to change HIV. These things might give you a small boost in cd4 count but there is nothing that will change your cd4 count except taking HIV meds to keep HIV from destroying your cd4s

I understand you're wondering what to do to be healthier now that you are HIV+, and the answer is very easy and very simple (and it's been said dozens of times in this thread): you only control HIV by taking daily medications. that's it. It's not complicated. It doesn't require not eating certain foods, not drinking alcohol,  stopping smoking, etc. It only requires taking your meds daily. Treating HIV really couldn't be easier, don't try to make it more complex. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Bucklandbury

Sure I see your logic, it's the same as this:

I flushed the toilet this morning then it started to rain.
Therefore, my flushing the toilet must have caused it to rain outside.

I love this one. Hahaha. Logic 101.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Offline gpapadop91

ugh. I hate this kind of talk.

Toxic items are poisons.
ARVs are NOT toxic.
No medications are toxic.

Are some meds harder for the kidneys to handle well? yes. but even that is still not "toxic".

never use the word "toxic" again with any medications or treatments.
Υes sir. You have right. I will not use this word.
Thanks 👍 Leatherman

Offline gpapadop91

Hello there...
Hope everyone is fine... Guys...
I am wondering if this is true or its from old data??
Please 🙏 tell me , do we really have risks for sarkomas, lymphomas and cancers so much more , like 35 fold higher than hiv negative peers, like what I read on this article???

""Epidemiology of KS in Virally Suppressed HIV-Patients
Few observational cohorts have specifically studied the risk of KS in PLHIV with
suppressed viremia. In the French ANRS CO4 FHDH cohort, PLHIV with undetectable
plasma HIV-RNA and restored immunity (i.e., CD4 ≥ 500/mm3
for at least 2 years) still
had a 35-fold higher risk of KS compared to the general population (standardized incidence
ratio (SIR) = 35.4; 95% CI 18.3–61.9) [3]
""

Link
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6694/13/22/5702/pdf&ved=2ahUKEwin2pK725r0AhU8SvEDHSYKDxQQFnoECEIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2J0MTkOCqLgwHZny3crcR8

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Kaposi’s Sarcoma in Virally Suppressed People Living with HIV: An Emerging Condition

https://doi.org/10.3390/cancers13225702
https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6694/13/22/5702

Some of the data I would have excluded but overall it's up-to-date that certain cancers like KS are still more prevalent within the HIV community compared to HIV negative population.

Looking at KS, we have known for many years there was a large reduction in cases comparing the pre and post HAART area, however, KS can still develop and those that started with lower CD4 counts seemed to be most at risk.

Nothing to start stressing about, increased prevalence within the community is something already discussed a few times in your thread.

Example:
Mocroft A et al. The changing pattern of Kaposi’s Sarcoma in patients with HIV, 1994-2003, the EuroSIDA study, 2004. 
”We observed an overall decrease of 39% in the incidence of KS since 1994… among patients receiving HAART there remains an increased risk of KS for homosexual men and for patients with low CD4 counts,” comment the investigators.

They conclude, “we have demonstrated a sizeable decrease in the incidence of KS among European patients with HIV, despite the finding that KS continues to represent the AIDS-defining condition in approximately 6% of all AIDS diagnoses. Most patients who developed KS whilst receiving HAART had low CD4 counts at the start of treatment and developed KS within six months of the initiation of HAART. A greater incidence of KS among homosexual men continues to be observed, as does a significantly reduced incidence of KS among patients with relatively high current CD4 counts.”

« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 11:50:21 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

with lower CD4 counts seemed to be most at risk
Hi Jim..thanks for sharing.

By this it's also containing me???.

I found out on internet , and even if it's bad for me , I am more calm because I know what happens and explain the two days back topic , about my not good increase in cd4 counts.
I found out after starting HAART , 1st month you gain about 100 cd4 and an estimate about of 11cd4s per month the first year.

So in about a year I will have close to 450. Also below to 500 ...
Does that mean I will lose sooner my ability to fight infections in the future?

.Because I read that people who were diagnosed with cd4<200 are having on average 8 years less lifespan compared to those ones diagnosed with more than 200.

The only difference In my numbers and what I did before, so maybe I can help a bit my immune was the sleep habits.
First month , I was , you remember , OCD.
I WAS SLEEPING AT 22.00 TO 08.00 EVEY DAY.
AFTER MY 1ST MONTH RESULTS AGAIN LIKE ALL MY LIFE I SLEEP AT 2-3AM TO 7-8-9 AM , MEANING 4-7 MAX HRS PER DAY.

I STARTED AGAIN YESTERDAY SLEEP ENOUGH AND FUCK IT EVERYTHING ELSE WHAT STRESSES ME....

I WILL TEST MYSELF IN 3 MONTHS AND SEE IF IT WORKS.
Do I have any chance to help or boost a bit my immune to reach the psychological threshold of 500 around coming summer?

Offline virgo313

Why are you stressing over something that you have no control?
RVD Nov 2015. VL --> Log 5.32 HAART on 23/11/15
TDF+FTC+EFV / Chemo KS - 25/11/15 - 20/01/16.
CD4 - 4 (3/11/15) / VL - 225,000

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
These questions have been discussed & answered by multiple members in your thread already, particularly the life expectancy thing you seem to be so stuck on.

Nothing has changed since the members answered last time, except you are freaking out again and asking the same questions over and over.  https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=75399.0

HIV, take your meds that will suppress the HIV, go for your check-ups and that's it! Nothing more can be done in terms of HIV. Now, if you also want to also live healthier in general and reduce your risks for other conditions then by all means do.

P.S

I WILL TEST MYSELF IN 3 MONTHS AND SEE IF IT WORKS.

In three months the odds are your counts will be higher, regardless of what you do.
This is just more flushing the toilet, watching it rain and thinking it's somehow connected.   

By all means, though, get some more sleep. Might help calm you down and with your general immune response/well-being.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 01:20:43 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline gpapadop91

Why are you stressing over something that you have no control?
To know.. knowledge will give me data..
Data will be useful to make me search exactly what people having same situations can do at their best TO REDUCE RISK FURTHER.
Is it so bad?
If I know that although suppressed , we still have 35 fold higher risk , it means we have to try more to rest , search how to reduce risk for specific conditions etc...

Please don't misunderstand me... It's fear, it's feeling pity for all of us, it's fear how hard our death can be... Its all caused by our instinct to survive..

🤗🤗🤗

Offline gpapadop91

Thanks Jim.

But as for my cd4 counts! Was someone able with 150 cd4 starting HAART to reach some time more than 500 even after 1-2-3 years???

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Thanks Jim.

But as for my cd4 counts! Was someone able with 150 cd4 starting HAART to reach some time more than 500 even after 1-2-3 years???

Yes, plenty of people including some of those answering your questions in this thread. Again remains irrelevant.

Data will be useful to make me search exactly what people having same situations can do at their best TO REDUCE RISK FURTHER.
Is it so bad?
If I know that although suppressed , we still have 35 fold higher risk , it means we have to try more to rest , search how to reduce risk for specific conditions etc...

No it's not useful as you don't yet seem to have the frame of mind to digest or understand it, as we have seen time and time again. All this stress over a single review paper that ultimately told us nothing new.

Also, you already have the answers to these question on what you can do, we covered cancer and prevention, lifestyle choices and health etc, it's been explained and shared dozens of times by the members.

Not to be funny but are you hoping to find something that doctor's, scientists, healthcare providers and us as a community collectively somehow missed over the past four decades?

Have you discussed these reoccurring fears of illness & health management with your doctor? Because these are all the same concerns you had when first diagnosed.

Do you think we're keeping something you from you??

I understand that you are still trying to cope with the diagnosis but this merry-go-round of focusing on the same topic is not helping you and neither is freaking out whenever you read up on the same again as nothing changed so the answer is the same.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 03:01:05 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
I found out after starting HAART , 1st month you gain about 100 cd4 and an estimate about of 11cd4s per month the first year.
hahaha
maybe that's some average in some research but that's only an average. cd4s are very fickle. The climb to an improving cd4 count (say going from 5 to 450) is not a straight climb. It's possible for numbers to go up and down with every test. The best way to consider your cd4 count is by the change in 3 tests taken over a period of 6 months or so.

more than 500 even after 1-2-3 years???
hahaha
it took me 27 years of meds to get to 500

it's fear how hard our death can be
know what a hard death is?
Dying from AIDS before there were meds. Or dying from AIDS by not being tested and not getting treatment until  too late when already in the hospital dealing with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. That's how my previous two long term partners died.

know how to avoid that hard kind of death?
Do like I have done. I've been taking HIV meds for 3 decades ... all without cancer or any of the things you've been worrying about.

I have a few suggestions:
don't read anymore about HIV for 3 months; just take you meds.
don't think or read about cancer anymore for the next 3 years; just take you meds.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline virgo313

To know.. knowledge will give me data..
Is it so bad?

As Leatherman said CD4 climb is not a straight climb. We know because of our CD4 history. I am into my 6 years & still hv not reach 500. (I am not bothered as I am UD).

Here is my prediction.. later when you don’t see ur CD4 going up as much as u think, then you will start to “panic” & google more & post more “data”. What we are concerned is your mind & hope u could “give ur mind a rest”.

Offline Tonny2

ojo.             Hi all!

I really think that our OP friends needs to look for some profesional help so he can start coping with the dx, I’m not trying to be mean but, it hurts me to read everything he is posting and I think we are not helping him…just a thought…OP, best of luck to you, look for help and find something and someone to give your life something to do.

Offline gpapadop91

Jim thank you so much 😊 really 😊 I'm sorry that I disturb you all the time..🤗 I am fearing of these things to not happen to me because there is the stigma yet when everyone will learn about my illness...

Leatherman I am grateful bro you for your help.. believe me guys , you believe it or not you do help me all this... Even by talking to me is help.. only with you I feel more safe...
Yesterday I was thinking how more badly I would feel if I didn't have you all from beginning... I was almost ready to suicide or not really but so badly feeling, that after reading your replies , that most studies are 20-30 yearsl old...etc bla bla bla.. that my doctor didn't tell me... I am really feeling well...
Especially after my 1st month test with undetectable in 30 days from 48 millions and a jump from 160 to 280 , I really felt well mentally that I started again bad lifestyle... Sleeping late, eating pizzas , chocolates , ice creams , burgers at least day after day if not every day....
It's logical I think that this doesn't help as much as sleeping at ten and eating veggies and fruits and lean meat protein without fats.

Now my target is to start exercising because I didn't do yet.
I will walk every afternoon ☀️🌷...
And already started again sleeping earlier..not ten but midnight at least.

So guys don't think you don't help me. It's help , but I want you to understand it's early for me and until I feel safe from reaching something about more than 350 cd , I am panicked when I read about 35folds higher risk for KS.

Virgo were you really diagnosed with KS , that's why you suspect hiv? Oh my friend , you have really big balls , I would be more scared of KS than hiv. I would have heart attack.
Does a very low cd4 count as your 4 played a role to have this?

Guys last question.. even with ART , and a cd4 count more than 350 , we still have risks for Lymphomas ??
Because as Leatherman told it's really hard to die from this when they didn't have HAART. But even despite the use of HAART we are still susceptible to lymphomas?

I remember hematologist in July telling me that they don't see yet lymphomas last year's with the new drugs... Is it true from your experience???

Finally.
Leatherman , again.. I am thankful to you.. I will follow your suggestions. I will not read again for 3 months.
But for cancer to not read again for 3 years , I am not sure...
For 3 months I can promise.

Guys WISH YOU GOOD LIFE , GOOD MORNING , GOOD FRIENDS TO LOVE YOU... BECAUSE I LOVE YOU...

THANK YOU 💗 🤗☀️☀️☀️

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Guys last question.. even with ART , and a cd4 count more than 350 , we still have risks for Lymphomas ??

But even despite the use of HAART we are still susceptible to lymphomas?

You are doing it again, asking questions asked repeatedly before when you already know the answer.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Bucklandbury

Offline gpapadop91

I will really buy it and read it on Kindle..

Thank you 😊 🤗
Maybe it will help me..a bit..
Good afternoon all...

Offline virgo313

Virgo were you really diagnosed with KS , that's why you suspect hiv? Oh my friend , you have really big balls , I would be more scared of KS than hiv. I would have heart attack.
Does a very low cd4 count as your 4 played a role to have this?

Yes, I have KS. Same time also swollen face. Lymph-notes not filtering well. Try not to think that low CD4 equal getting KS or any other ID since now you have started medication. HIV is no longer able to do damage. If you start thinking “what if” or “when will I get” then it will be stressful now & forever.

Take a day at a toll me & go on with your normal routine. See ur Dr when the dates comes. Many of us do this & the Dr visit to most of us is just to routine. Hope u can stop worrying too much. 

Offline gpapadop91

Virgo .. thank you at first place...

Do you mean , you have or you had?
Seems had in 2015.
But after chemo and ART it disappeared.
Correct?

Wish you all the best bro..
Good night guys...
Bye

Offline virgo313

I am not sure if “I have or I had”. The spots is barely noticeable now.
Will the spots appears again? I don’t know
Do I still have the virus that causes KS after cancer treatment? I am not sure.

What I know is that my health is much healthier now with me taking ART & KS will most likely will not appear again. Nowadays, my HIV session with dr is just to extend 6 months of medication. Nothing much is discuss on HIV topic except they just read out my blood test results. More time is being discuss on my cholesterol plan then hiv.  :D

I hope you see what other members is trying to explain to you on why you should not think too much after you start treatment & move on with your daily life. Almost everyone will go through what you are doing now (like goggle or read hiv) but most will not be stress by “what if” or “when will I die” thoughts by going back to normal life routine. 

Offline gpapadop91

Thanks Virgo .. wish you all the best... F@@k it this KS.
Good night.
Wishes to all for best ....

Offline gpapadop91

Good morning guys
I don't know about your countries..
But here VL is given to us after 2wks or a month..

Finally
Again UNDETECTABLE..
THANK TOU GUYS FOR THE SUPPORT.

I REALLY THINK WE HAVE A SECOND CHANCE WITH ALL THIS.

Hope we will have soon better and less harmful for kidneys/liver pills or generally treatment..

Good MORNING 💗🌞🌞

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.