Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:55:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 519
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 488
Total: 490

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hello to all my guys, it's me Mini  (Read 9637 times)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Hello to all my guys, it's me Mini
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:12:53 am »
I have been sick a lot for a couple of months.  If I'm not better by Thursday, I have to go to the doctor again.  My head hurts and my ears hurt and I feel dizzy. 

There's been snow a lot around here.  And none of us can go outside because I'm sick and it wouldn't be fair if the other kids got to and I didn't.  I'm still dancing and guess what - I'm in the Tuesday elementary now (harder class).  I think it's really hard and I want to go back to Monday class, but mum and Mrs. Terry won't let me go back because they want me to try to do the Tuesday elementary class.  My brothers and sisters are playing the computer right now and dad is setting the fire.

We got new games for Christmas.  We got an airplane game, Puppy Love, and Sonic.  We got some board games, too.  We got Monopoly, princess games, Life, Clue, Trivial Persuit, and Uno cards. 

I'm going to a birthday party on Saturday.  I have a friend named Theresa and she invited me to her birthday party.  She's having a Narnia party.  I'm going to be Susan and mom made my dress.  I'm going to have a little crown, a light purple dress, a little gold belt, and I'm going to wear my church shoes.  They're black.  Maybe when I'm all dressed up mom can take my picture and show you.

In school I'm learning reading and my states.  I can tell you the capitols of 17 states and where they are on a map.  I'm learning about adjectives, too.  And my Paw-paw is teaching us how to fly a plane.  I'll probably be a pilot when i grow up.  We got Fractiles from Ann.  One is travel size and one is family size.  My brother Isaac says "hi". 

Write back soon everybody.
Mini
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: Hello to all my guys, it's me Mini
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 12:22:03 pm »
Hey Kiddo

Good to hear from you.  Sorry you've been sick so much though. 

I love playing UNO, except I'm notoriously bad at remembering to say UNO when I only have one card left.  And you know what that means.   >:(

I think I agree with your mom and teacher about the class thing.  I bet if you try really hard and work at it, you'll do just fine.

RAB   ;D

P.S. I still have your business card on my refer. 

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 02:14:10 pm »
Like I told your mom, I'm sorry to hear that ear ache is hurting you so bad. I've been lucky and only had one ear ache in my life (my two little brothers had them all the time, and then got tubes put in); but my ear ache was soooo bad and hurt so much that one time that I had to go to the hospital. :o

We are getting a lot of snow today over here in Ohio (our state captial is Columbus) and it's getting so deep that my cocker spaniels doggies (Joxer, Aries and Zeus) are having a hard time getting around outside. When I was a kid, I lived down in North Carolina (that state capital is Raleigh), and we didn't have much snow, so even after all these years in Ohio, I love going out in the snow. :-* I shovel the back porch for the doggies, and then all my sidewalks. Sometimes I even help out and do the neighbor's sidewalks too. Then I go out in the back yard and play with the dogs. We all love it but we come back inside all cold and wet. My roommate thinks I'm crazy ::)

I think you should try to keep going the Tuesday class too. Sometimes learning stuff is hard; but after you learn it, you'll be so much smarter. When you get older, you'll be so glad that you learned so much.

Tell Isaac and Eden that mikie said "hey!" ;D to them (and the doggies say "Woof!" I'm pretty certain that means "hey" too, because all their nubby little tails are wiggling ;D), and you help your mom remember to get a picture of you dressed up for that party, to show us later on.  ;)

chat with you later,
mikie  ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 02:53:21 pm »
Hey Mini...It is always a treat to hear from you. I am sorry to hear that you are sick and has been dizzy. I have been dizzy too lately. I am jealous, you're getting to go to a Narnia party. I loved the movie, did you see the second one. I haven't but wants to.

I use to take ballet classes a long time ago. A harder class just means you did real good with the last class. And you're ready to move on to more dance steps. Is Sonic, SOnic the Hedgehog? I love that game. I also like playing Monopoly but it's just a very long game. I like Uno too but hates when I get the Draw 4 card...

When hopefully Mum and Paw Paw will take pictures of you so we all can see.....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 02:58:38 pm »
Hi Mini,

I'm sorry to hear you have been sick and I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like you got some fun presents for Christmas! The Narnia birthday party sounds like a lot of fun and I hope to see a picture of you dressed up as Susan with your purple dress, since purple is my favorite color.

Here is how I learned about adjectives when I was a kid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYzGLzFuwxI

Ford

Offline Basquo

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 03:34:44 pm »
Hi Sweetheart, sorry to hear you've been under the weather. I had my operation two weeks ago and wouldn't you know it's been the mildest winter in years. But good weather or bad, I can't really get out and play for another month or so. I hope you get better before then. That's very considerate of your brothers and sisters to stay in since you can't go out. My sister and I had more of a "shove off and see you in the Spring" relationship.

Best,
Creighton

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 03:43:56 pm »
Hey Mini,

I told your mum to give you a hug from me and Poppy.  I hope she did.  I am really sad that you're getting sick so much this winter.

I agree with the others about sticking to the Tuesday night class.  Just a bit more work, but you'll be so happy when you learn all the new moves and stuff.

Be watching the mail the next few days.  There's a picture of someone coming. ;)  Take care and get better!
  Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 05:54:30 pm »
Mini, I'm sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with your earaches. I use to get them too and had tubes put in and felt a lot better. Hope you get well soon. Stay warm. Tell your mom to increase your allowance and that should help you feel a little better.  ;)

Rodney

Offline Texan38

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 06:43:23 pm »
Hi there sweet one!

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. Hope you feel better very soon!
You got some great board games! They are all lots of fun! I used to love playing Clue and UNO when I was younger.
I bet you're going to look beautiful in the dress you're going to wear for Saturday. Hopefully we'll see some pictures!

Have a good time and take care sweet one.  :-*
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 07:31:04 pm »
Hi to you Mini... so lousy to be sick Huh... I still have ear problems that started when I was younger than you  went through the tubes and had lots of medicines...   I still have some...you will get better and soon forget the aches and pains....
Your Narnia party sounds like a lot of fun  . I have seen both movies they are very good and well done. ask Mom to look for the second movie at the video store...
I know that a real smart girl like you will absolutely ace that new class.. stick with it that's' a breeze compared to all the medical stuff.....you are a survivor..never forget that!!

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 11:30:41 pm »
Hi Mini,

I was so sorry to read about all your recent problems.  It's no fun being stuck inside so it's great that you got all those games for Christmas to help pass the time.  I always liked LIFE but thought it was kind of weird how at the end of the game you sold your kids!  :D  I have Monopoly on my computer so I can either play with other people or against the computer.

Dancing can be so much fun I hope you stick with the Tuesday class so you can learn lots of new things.  I used to take some tap classes, I wasn't very good but it was fun.

Narnia & Prince Caspian were really cool movies (I didn't read the books).  I love this picture of you that's by your name and really hope your mum will take a picture of you all decked out in your Susan outfit.

Good luck learning all your states & capitals you'll need to know all those when you become a pilot.

Hugs & Stuff
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline minismom

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 07:33:53 am »
I already have both the Narnia movies.  I don't get an allowance because dad doesn't pay us to do our chores.  He's cheap and old - he told me to tell you that. 

Creighton, what did you do to have to get foot surgery?  Did it hurt?  Where is Mr. Santi?  I remember you from Mexico City.  And Nick, too.

Ford, thank you for the music.  I understand adjectives a little bit better, but why did the boy put a potato on his back?

We played Monopoly last night.  It's Disney Monopoly and my dad won even though he's old.  Dad won on Disney Trivial Pursuit, too, but only because me and mom couldn't roll a 2 to get back to the middle.  Our Life game is Sponge Bob and he doesn't have kids so we don't have to sell them.  Besides, that doesn't sound like a very nice thing to do.

We have our own computer downstairs.  Our downstairs is huge.  It's where we all play.  Our school room is down there, too, but we can't play in there.  We just do boring old school stuff.

I'm going to have breakfast now.  Good-bye.  Write back to me soon if you want to.

Mini

www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 04:11:02 pm »
Hi Mini

My niece Sasha has the Sponge Bob Life - we play it alot.  She also has Simpson's Operation and a new one called Pirahna Panic she loves (mom- it is the best 12 you will ever invest)

I am so sorry you are sick - we all get sick from time to time but we get through it.  We are lucky to have a little friend like you, Mini

Get better and break a leg dancing (mom will explain)

Love
Pete

Offline minismom

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 05:19:12 pm »
We already have the Pirahna Panic game.  My Nana got it for us for Valentine's Day last year.  We let our littlest sister put up the Pirahna marbles and pull the handle.  She laughs when our fish fall, but we don't because it's not very much fun to have to start all the way to the beginning again.

Today we went to eat lunch and grocery shopping.  We saw our Nana and Grammy (that's my Nana's mum) at Walmart today when we were there.  It's almost my mum's birthday but I can't tell you what we got for her because she's actually the one who's really typing what I say because I don't spell so good.

Tomorrow I have a test about my state capitals and adjectives and I don't know what else.  My mum said I can't tell you my brothers' and sisters' names on here but I have 2 sisters and 3 brothers.  That makes 8 of us all together.  Do you have any brothers and sisters?  What did you like to do when you were little?  And, I wonder where Jan is.  I saw the picture of her pig and she is one fat pig!

That's all - bye!
From me, Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline PeteNYNJ

• Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 05:35:49 pm »
Hi Mini

I have only one sister - her name is Kathy and she only about a year younger so we were very close growing up. 

I used to love to play games (still do).  My niece was a very good girl this year in school she got a Wii for Christmas (Super Mario Party is my favorite) and a dog she named Gigi.  The dog is called a Kavapoo.  It is a mix of a King James Spaniel and a Poodle.  She is really hyper...too hyper sometimes.  I will send you some pictures of her she kinda looks like a little golden retriever.

what do you like to do for fun?

8 of you!  Wow - mom must be a saint (I know you are already).  Are you the youngest?

Take care my little friend

Pete

Offline Basquo

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 06:45:04 pm »
Hi again!  I had a bunion on my foot, a big bone growth next to my big toe. Some folks would say that you get them from wearing high heels but I can guarantee that's not how I got it! I think it was from working at jobs where I was on my feet a lot--a lot of standing around. It hurts a lot and makes it hard to find shoes that fit.  Remember how I was limping sometimes in Mexico City? Sometimes it also makes your toes point to the outside, and since I had that too they had to take out some pieces of bone and straighten the bones with a screw and a staple so my toes will point the tight way.  it hurt a lot the first 4 days or so but I took two weeks off of work so I was able to keep my foot up a lot and keep ice on it. It's not so bad now. I have to walk with a cane for another month. I went back to work today and so many people were asking me what happened to my foot, I finally started saying that I broke it kicking someone in the butt because they asked too many questions!

Santi is fine. He took care of me for a few days after the surgery then I went home. He's been very helpful, driving me around and making sure I have what I need. I made sure he knew what medicines I have to take in case I forgot but I did okay.

Hugs,
Creighton

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 05:22:41 am »
Hello Mini,

Wow!  Eight is really nice big family.  There were just six of us.  I have three older sister.  Growing up we played lots of board games like, LIFE (I'm glad the Sponge Bob version you don't sell your kids.) Careers, Clue.  My family still gets together on the holidays and plays games like Outburst or Trivial Pursuit. 

I hope you did really good on your test.  I live in Indiana where the state capital is Indianapolis (they aren't very creative here)  :D

Hugs & Stuff
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 11:11:26 am »
Just get well soon and try not to go out in the cold.  Afterall, it is better to get 100% well than get sick all over again.  So keep indoors and get well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 11:33:09 am »
Hi Mini,

It's always great to hear news from our special, little Princess.  (I think that there are two adjectives in that last sentence.)

We hope that you are feeling better.  Thom and I have never had ear problems unless you count not listening an "ear problem".  Thom says that I am dizzy all the time, but this is another story.

We have had a very harsh winter this year.  (We live in Wisconsin and our state capitol is Madison.)  In December we had lots and lots of snow - about 48 inches.  January has just been really cold.  We still have a lot of snow and Miss Tucker can't get out in the back yard.  So she just goes on the driveway and does her "thing".

Our car has been in the repair shop since December 19th.  We had a 12 inch snow storm and Thom decided that he was still going to go to work.  The car died just as he turned into the parking lot at work.  He had torn the oil pan and the engine fluid drained.  We had to have the engine replaced.  That cost us a lot of money.  Thom is picking up the car at lunch time today.

We glad to hear about your move to the Tuesday class.  We can hardly wait to see all your new steps.

Please give your Mom a big Birthday hug for us.

Love, Ric and Thom
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:37:31 am by Ric Wilke »

Offline minismom

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 06:28:58 pm »
Ric, there were 2 adjectives in that sentence: special and little.  We thought there was 3, but "great" isn't an adjective.  So, you were RIGHT!

My birthday is August 30th.  I don't know what kind of birthday I'm going to have, but there are so many kinds of birthdays to have.  What do you think would be a good birthday?  I'll get $9 for my birthday because I'll be 9yrs old.  When is your birthday and how old will you be?

We got a new movie.  It's called Open Season 2.  We're going to watch it tonight for family night. 

I have an appointment Monday with the ear doctor who is a man.  Even though dance class for my brother and sister and mom, and mom's birthday is on Monday I still have to have an appointment.  But me and my brothers and sisters will still have lots of fun.  Have you heard of Drake and Josh?

From Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 07:10:40 pm »
Hi Sweet Pea,

I think that "great" is an adverb in this case.  But sometimes it and be an adjective.  It depends on how it is used the the sentence.  This sort of thing one of the many reasons why English is such a hard language to learn.

My birthday is May 27 and I will be 59 years old.  You are right about there being so many kinds of birthday parties to have.  I know some little girls a little younger than you and next time I see them I will ask them for suggestions.  They are all still into Disney princesses and fairies. 

Your mom's birthday is on Groundhog Day.  The same day a my friend George and one day after Miss Tucker's.  She will be 2.

Hope you enjoy your new movie and you will have to tell me about Drake and Josh.

Hugs, Ric

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 09:25:08 am »
Hi Mini,

OUCH. BIG OUCH! Earaches really hurt. I used to get them a lot when I was little and even now sometimes. In fact I have one today. I think it's from sinus. Your dizziness might be related to what's causing your earache because there is a fluid inside your ear that is very sensitive. When something happens to affect it getting dizzy is a common reaction. Your doctor should be able to figure it out.

You have a lot of great things lined up to do. Sounds very fun.

Learning state capitols. I'm not sure how many of those I could name. You're way ahead of me. Now I know who to turn to if I can't think of one. For sure I would not play any game with you that involves naming them because you would knock me out hands down. Just the other day I was trying to think of the capital of Illinois. It's NOT Chicago. It's Springfield. They would have gotten me out on that one for sure. 

Hope you feel better soon so you can do all the fun things you have planned.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline PeteNYNJ

• Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 12:19:32 am »
Hi Mini

It is your pal Pete.  I am from New Jersey - do you know the capital of New Jersey?  Hint, it starts with a T (no helping, Mom).  Lets Try New York , Connecticut, and Delaware. 

Hope you are a feeling better.  Your pals Stewie the cat and Ginger the dog were also asking about you.  I have to get a picture of them together - can you believe a cat and a dog get along?!?

We were surprised too!  They have grown to be great friends, mostly because Gigi the dog cant jump up on the bed so Stewie the cat can espcape when he is over her.

Well, just wanted to make sure you were feeling better...I am feeling kinda bad myself lately, being sickly stinks but it makes us so much stronger as people :)

Much Love
Pete

Offline minismom

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 08:21:16 am »
Me and mom went all the way to the doctor yesterday but then we had to leave because he was stuck in surgery and wouldn't be back for a long time.  He wasn't HAVING surgery, he was doing surgery on somebody else.  I don't know when I'm going to have my surgery.  We are going tomorrow after school and try again.  Mom said I can tell you that the doctor's name is Daniel.

Tonight me and my brother have dance class.  I have to do my dance homework today before I go.  I have homework every dance day.  I didn't go last week because it was snowing.  It's snowing today, but not bad so I get to go.  Mom has to bring all the kids because my daddy is out of town doing something that I have no idea.

I made a A on my states test.  I mixed up Nebraska and Kansas, but I got their capitals right.  Now I'm learning new states and have a test on Friday and I will know 24 states and capitals.

That's all. I have to go have school and we're making up a play.

Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline Robert

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 11:46:56 am »
hi lovely mini.

well, 24 states uh?  You're just about half way there. 

I live in California.  The state capitol is Sacramento.  Arnold Schwarteneger is the governor.  He's a half-baked republican who doesn't know how to balance a budget.

For extra credit, what was the last state to enter the union?

and keep your dancing shoes on.  They'll come in handy as you get older.

robert

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 04:00:56 pm »
Hi sweetie,

Sorry I missed this post earlier.   Glad you are still dancing, and also happy to hear about the Tuesday class!

Are you playing with the games you got for Christmas?  My great niece Ella (she's 5) played "Pretty Pretty Princess" with me and her Dad (you should have seen that picture!)   I won, when I got the crown, the earrings, the necklace and the bracelet!

Take care, stay warm, and enjoy all that snow!  It hasn't snowed here in YEARS.

Love you,

Alan  :-*

PS -- hug your Mother for me !
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline SASA39

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 08:15:31 pm »
Hi sweetie from distant Serbia ,
I have 2 daughters 6 and 11.........so it seems that I know a little bit about young ladies like you..... ;)
Hope that you are feeling better.
And if you are there are  a one or two good websites for you:

www.cartoonnetwork.com/games/index.html

http://bruceblitz.com/index.html

Al
12. Oct`06.  CD4=58 %  VL not issued
25.Dec.`06.         203     VL= 0
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.
19.Oct`16     CD4=644      VL=0

Offline fearless

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 09:44:49 pm »
hey Mini,

Sorry to hear you have been unwell. it happens sometimes. but i hope you get better soon.
how can you remember 24 states and their capitals!!! that sounds like a lot. Thankfully we only have 6 states and 2 territories in Australia which is much easier to remember.

It's been really hot and humid in Australia lately. It's summer so it usually gets hot but recently it has been really hot - between 105 and 110 day in, day out. i've attached a picture of a koala trying to escape the heat by sitting in a bucket of cold water - very cute.

I've been doing lots of swimming at my new favourite swimming spot - Gordon's Bay. Hopefully, I will go there tonight after work to cool off before I head home to battle with the mosquitos in my house.

All the best

Little Steve

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline minismom

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 08:47:02 am »
I remember you, Little Steve.  You are the crazy man who went swimming with the sharks when you didn't know how to swim that good.  Is that picture of the Koala real because I've never seen a koala taking a bath before in my life.  That is just funny.  When we go to the beach, I don't go far in the water because I can't swim in the waves.  That picture of your beach doesn't have waves, so maybe I can swim in it when I go visit.

Yesterday I got a jumprope and I'm not too good at it.  Mom said I can jump on the porch because there is too much snow to do it in the yard and I can't do it in the house but it's too cold on the porch so I'll have to wait for it to get warm again.  Mom said that 110 is very hot and it never gets that hot here.  I don't think I'd like it that hot but it would be ok if I can go swim.

I went to Daniel the other day with my mom (note from mum: "Daniel" is her new ENT who she refuses to call "doctor") and he stuck a vacuum in my ear to suck out the wax.  He said it wouldn't hurt but it did and I made a face at him.  Then, he put this thing in my nose and stretched it open.  Mom said it's like when the Egyptian people pulled out dead people brains from their nose.  I told Daniel if he went after my brains I was screaming and running away.  That's just not right.

I have a test today on my states.  What are the 6 states where you are?  I bet you passed your test about states if you only had to know 6 - that's easy!  We have spelling tests everyday.  Yesterday we had 12 and today we have 15.  I don't spell so good but I'm learning to spell big words.  Now I'm going to draw and color before I have to go downstairs for my tests and reading.  Oh, I'm having a puke test, too, but mom said I can't tell you about it right now because I'm talking too much.

Bye from Mini!
www.watoto.com

Offline PeteNYNJ

• Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2009, 06:08:42 pm »
Hello Lovely Mini

Pete here from NJ....I love you call your doctor Daniel.  I call mine by his name too, David.  I think when you spend so much time with someone, you can call them by name.

"puke test"?   Mom will have to let you tell that story sometime soon :)  Sounds interesting.

Just wanted to say hi.

Pete

Offline fearless

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2009, 05:47:05 pm »
hi Mini,

Yes the picture of the koala is real. It was taken just a week or so ago. It is very unusual for a koala to do this but it has been really, really hot down here lately. The koala looks so cute and funny in the picture though.

I hope Daniel is gentler with you in the future. Sounds horrible having things stuck up your nose and in your ears. YUCK.

Our 6 states, and two mainland territories are (capital city in brackets):

New South Wales (Sydney)
Victoria (Melbourne)
Queensland (Brisbane)
South Australia (Adelaide)
Tasmania (Hobart)
Western Australia (Perth)
Northern Territory (Darwin)
Australian Capital Territory (Canberra - which is also the national Capital, like Washington DC)

How did your test go.

Offline fearless

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 09:34:24 pm »
Hi Mini,

Bet you don't get to see kangaroo's swimming when you go to the beach. Just like the koala picture I sent you, this kangaroo is swimming in the ocean to cool down in the heat. It was 116 degrees in Melbourne on the weekend - now that is too hot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline minismom

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 07:22:29 pm »
That's the funniest thing I've ever seen.  They surly don't have kangaroos at Virginia beach when we go.  If they did, I'm sure everybody would be running like crazy! 

I learned more states this week.  Now I know 32 states and capitals and I have a test tomorrow.  I have a test about rounding numbers and making words mean that they happened in the past.  I'm not good at rounding numbers, but I know how to do the pointy arrow things at the big and little numbers (greater than and less than) and how to find my even numbers if I write 2,4,6,8,0 at the bottom of my paper. 

You don't have that many states to remember, Little Steve.  I hope you made a good grade on your states tests.  I wrote down your states in my book and we found them on the map of the world that is on the wall in our classroom.  Now you need to learn all the states and capitals were I live.  There are 50 of them.  Then, you can take my test and see if you can make an A like me.

My head still hurts and I have to wait 5 days till my tests.  I have a birthday party to go to on Saturday at my friend's house.  I dont' know how old she will be and I can't tell you her name.  I have to go now.

Bye and have a really good day.

Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 04:56:53 am »
have fun sweetpea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline minismom

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2009, 05:03:01 pm »
Hi.  I had a great day today. How was your day?  Today we had co-op which is a home school kids' group.  I made lots of friends.  And I even have kids that has the names of our cousins in my class.  I have music class.  No, wait I don't have music class.  I have Spanish class and I have drama class.  We have snack, too.  Anyway, what are you doing?

My bloodwork's Tuesday and my appointment's Friday.  We have co-op on Friday, but I won't be there on Friday and my Nana is taking care of the other kids like my brothers and sisters.  My Paw-Paw is a pilot and just flew home from Mardi Gras.  He told us that he brought us home some Mardi Gras but I don't know what it is.

My MRI was great, but I never do anything.  It was really confusing because it only took a second and when I woke up, I was in a different room saying "where am I?"  I got stickers but I had to sit in a wheel chair with hot towels on me (they were actually blankets).

Hey, Jan, can I have a picture of you?  I have the pictures from Mexico, but they have other people in it and I want one with just you on it. 

That's all.  Have a good day.
Mini

And, I got new shoes.  They have flowers on them.  Actually, I'm sweeping the kitchen floor and my mom is typing all of this.  That's all.  I'm going to play now. Bye.  From me, Mini

edited multiple times because I keep finding typos.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 05:53:06 am by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline Longislander

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2009, 11:19:59 pm »
Hi Mini,

I didn't go to Mexico with you guys so I never got to meet you. But from everything I have seen or read about you on here, I know you're a little sweetheart!

I'm glad you had a great day today, it sounds like the co-op was fun!

I went to New Orleans two weekends ago, just before Mardi Gras. I had a lot of fun, but I'm not sure how your paw-paw was able to bring you home some? You'll have to let us know when you get it, ok?

I think it's really nice that you help your mom out by sweeping the kitchen floor while she plays on the computer ( wink)!

My name is Paul and I live on Long Island, in New York. I had a great day today , too, because it was my birthday!

I hope you had more fun playing tonite!

Paul

p.s. That Jan sure is a pretty lady, huh?
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline minismom

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 07:44:51 am »
Hi!  I don't know when I'm going to the doctor again, but right now I'm sitting beside mom.  I want to go back to the doctor because my head still hurts and it sounds like somebody is breaking glass in my ears. 

My baby sister's birthday is coming up. She's getting a potty and underware but she yells that she's not ever going potty.  I guess she'll wear diapers forever.

Friday we're having a party for school.  My brother and sister, except for my baby sister, are almost on lesson 100 - that's their last (reading) lesson so we're having a party for them.  We're learning maps and geography and we're moving to our last states.  We're learning lost of your states.  I've learned 40 states and their capitals.

Please write back.
Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 09:34:01 pm »
Hi Mini,

What's the capital of my State?   I'm sure you know !

When I lived in Georgia, I worked at the State Capital in Atlanta.   Our building was right across the street from the capital building, and it has a beautiful gold dome on it.   I miss Atlanta, but I don't miss the traffic they have there!

I hope the doctor finds out why you have so many headaches.

Love & kisses,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline mjmel

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2009, 04:58:04 am »
I hope you had a good night of sleep and wake up feeling so much better. I hope your dreams are sweet and fun too.
You are a strong soul, little one. You fight hard and do what you have to do to feel better. Sometimes it's medicine; sometimes it's getting stuck with needles...sometimes it's headaches. I say a prayer that this will pass soon.
Do you remember Mexico? I too went to Mexico on that same trip you took there last year...and I couldn't believe how you climbed that pyramid! I thought we would have to carry you some of the way but it was your mom who almost needed to be carried.  ;D
You sure are strong firecracker when you make up your mind to do something.
Hugs...& Hope you are feel better today.

Mike
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 05:03:14 am by mjmel »

Offline minismom

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2009, 07:42:15 pm »
Alan, the capital of your state is  Montgomery.  And the state capital of where Mike lives is Columbus. 

Mike, I remember you from Mexico.  We went on a walk down to where we had the service with the candles and the waterfalls.  I'm going to see you when we go to Ohio.  That's where I'm going to see my new doctor.

My little sister's birthday was yesterday.  She's 5yrs old.  August the 30th is my birthday.  The capital of my state in West Virginia in America is Charleston. 

Jan, the bag that you gave me Little Lucy in, is that one of your shopping bags?

Please write back everybody.  Bye.
Mini

edited because silly mum hit "post" before her majesty Mini was finished with her post.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 07:43:54 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2009, 08:26:20 am »
Hey Mini,

You know more state capitols than I do.  Poppy and I live in Indiana.  Do you know our state capitol?  It's quite a drive from where I live, about 3 hours. 

How are your headaches doing?  I wish they would go away.  You see a new doctor soon, don't you?

I'm almost done with my school.   I have 5 more weeks and then I'm done.  I can't wait!  When do you get out of school?
  Luv,
Betty (and Poppy)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2009, 01:39:10 pm »
Betty and Poppy, the capital for your state is Indianapolis.  I'm going to see a doctor in Ohio on Thursday and a brain doctor on Monday.  Not tomorrow, but the next day Monday.  In another 2 months, I'll be done with school.  Dad said we'll finish probably at the end of May.  Then guess what!  We're going to Hershey after that and then to the beach.  If you live close to there, maybe we'll see you at those places.

My headaches are still there.  Today my head sounds like there's wind blowing through it.  Daddy said I'm an air head and Mom told him to not be mean.  I said I don't have an airhead, but I want one.  Red is my favorite. 

I'm going outside to play now.  Bye from me.
Mini
www.watoto.com

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.