Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:49:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 661
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 661
Total: 661

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Media Weather insanity has started again  (Read 6736 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Media Weather insanity has started again
« on: June 19, 2006, 06:23:12 pm »
News Alert: When it rains in Houston it floods. These morons have been on Tv all day wading around in sewage water and floating garbage predicting doomsday. We dodged the hurricanes last summer so this is their chance to get their mugs on the tube. Just sick.
I have lived in Houston for 30 years. When it rains here, it really rains, like 5 inches an hour. Hence the fucking floods. This flood today would never have made the news ten years ago,now its a big deal. If it bleeds,it leads. sick fukcers.
Most of the water has subsided, but the media is gleefully predicting more rain. I would love to see one these clowns get washed away, but then we would have to hear about it 24/7.

Offline ademas

Re: Media Weather insanity has started again
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 06:33:39 pm »
STORMWATCH 2006!!

Everything has a title, and a graphic, and dramatic music to introduce the segment these days.

I feel your pain.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 06:38:43 pm »
I thought I saw you waving from a rooftop. I give up...my day goes better if I ignore the news-local and national. Don't worry Jake...Houston will be off the tube soon. There's bound to be a car chase in L.A. or a missing bimbo in paradise. Thank God for re-runs.

Hal ???

Offline jack

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 06:43:36 pm »
its the only way we get on the news. We really had wonderful weather for the past 8 months. Hardly any rain and many days perfect for shorts and sweater or long sleeve shirt. You could actually drink coffe outside here.
It did not rain at my house all day.

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 06:43:45 pm »
Its almost as bad as the ASS Clown reporters here that find a puddle of knee deep water and then stand in and zoom in to make it look like theyre in a flood ....Hopefully we won't have to endure an endless rotation of CNN reporters pouring in to Florida to cover a Hurricane for a couple of hours then heading to the nearest Golf Resort for a weekend on their CNN.expense account. Hunker Down On THIS Anderson and Miles !!
I swear they were half Crocked when they covered Wilma last year....

I remember the Houston Floods, and all of the folks that would plow their cars into deep water in order to cash in on their insurance..Im sure car dealerships Love the rain....
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline jack

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 06:45:42 pm »
lwood,the first thing you learn when you move to houston is never drive into any puddles,especially those where you can see cars floating.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 07:12:34 pm »
BUT IT'S GLOBAL WARMING JAKEY!!!!!! PANIC!!!!!
MtD
(Who is keen to promote mass hysteria)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 07:22:26 pm »
 ;) That Rob Marciano (weather guy) on CNN, is nice on the eyes !! :-*

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Teresa

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 07:31:18 pm »
Here in Kansas if there is a cloud in the sky or rain drop or 2 they break in every commercial for a weather

update. I could understand if there is severe weather around as im scared to death of tornadoes..but i get so

tired of all the weather news flashes just to tell us its raining on the west side and will be on the east side in

10 minutes.

Teresa

Had to edit..spelled my name wrong...LOL :o
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 07:33:19 pm by Teresa »
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 07:31:46 pm »
Rob Marciano....yum. He sure looks good in a wet tshirt! But I digress. Let Houston enjoy it's fifteen minutes of fame Jake. We are minutes away from some dork gettin' shark bit on the redneck riviera,then it's all eyes on Florida. Or maybe a man bites dog story.....man, I can't wait for the rapture.

Course you are lucky Jake...you could be at some disco with Lwood where "it's rainin' men" Hallelujah!

Hal ;D

Offline jack

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 07:37:55 pm »
Thank God disco died. I hated going into bars and there was always someone in a zoot suit practicing their travolta moves.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 07:49:06 pm »
How dare you sir.....that was me with "Nightfever,Nightfever"!

BeeGees Rule!

Hal 8)

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 09:22:28 am »
The Weather Channel cracks me up.  When they show taped (repeated) segments from either affiliates or their own meteorologists...the on-air Weather Channel reporter thanks the person very much at the end of the segment...as though it was live when it obviously wasn't.  What's up with that?

It makes about as much sense as the on-air meterologist asking one of their "weather experts" a question to which s/he obviously already knows the answer.  For example...the meteorologist will give a report on a tropical storm...then five minutes later ask one of their weather experts "Where is the storm right now?" when s/he just told us five minutes ago.

The above is phoney and distracting.

Gary
Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.