Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:50:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 215
Total: 215

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Explosions At Boston Marathon  (Read 57411 times)

Offline tednlou2

Re: Explosions At Boston Marathon
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2013, 11:45:07 pm »
After the anthrax/9-11 letters they set up facilities for the White House and Capital off-site somewhere. Everything is screened. I'm sure the staff is protected so don't worry your little heads.

It appears mail sent to the home offices of Congressional members is not screened.  A staffer for Sen. Levin received a letter at his office in Saginaw.  She thought it was suspicious and turned it over to authorities for testing.  She is being kept overnight in the hospital, as a precaution.  So, it would appear anyone could bypass screening, by just sending to their local offices. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/04/17/obama-letter-suspicious-substance/2090465/

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2013, 11:55:26 pm »
Well duh, Teddy. Do you actually think someone is going to pay taxes to screen mail in various congressional district offices?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2013, 01:01:59 am »
So hundreds of conservatives are now "sharing" this photo to their timelines on facebook saying it proves that Curtis is a "liberal terrorist" and that the liberal media will hide this:

They seem ignorant of the fact that he's a birther and wanted Ted Nugent to run for President, and that he's obviously mocking this car sticker because I kind of doubt an Elvis impersonator in rural Mississippi is going to own a Lexus.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:08:08 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2013, 01:21:07 am »
Well duh, Teddy. Do you actually think someone is going to pay taxes to screen mail in various congressional district offices?

Perhaps all mail to local offices should be routed to Washington first, and then sent back to local offices?  I realize that would defeat the purpose, as I think many send letters to local offices, thinking it will definitely be read and read more quickly.

On a side note, the comment sections of news sites have not disappointed.  Obama orchestrated the bombs and the letters, in order to take guns away.   ::)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2013, 01:27:25 am »
Ted, the goal isn't and never was to protect a singular Senate or House member. It was to protect the thousands of workers, as well as numerous Senate or House members, from exposure when they're in one of the four (I think that's how many there are) Senate /House Office Buildings surrounding the Capital building because an open letter containing anthrax, etc. would spread immediately through the entire system of air ventilation.

If the goal was to protect a singular House member they'd all have Secret Service protection 24/7. You do realize that they don't have that, right?

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2013, 01:39:37 am »
Ted, the goal isn't and never was to protect a singular Senate or House member. It was to protect the thousands of workers, as well as numerous Senate or House members, from exposure when they're in one of the four (I think that's how many there are) Senate /House Office Buildings surrounding the Capital building because an open letter containing anthrax, etc. would spread immediately through the entire system of air ventilation.

If the goal was to protect a singular House member they'd all have Secret Service protection 24/7. You do realize that they don't have that, right?

Ok, you don't have to talk down to me.  I do realize only the key leaders get protection.  I was just saying would it be such a big deal to route mail to Washington first, since the equipment is already in place.  I realize a nut could walk right into a local office, which would be a more likely attack, than mailing some toxic agent.  Well, I believe our representative's offices are at the federal building, so you would have to go through metal detectors first.  But, that's here in Louisville.  I know the offices out in the middle of nowhere are probably in strip malls.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2013, 02:49:10 am »
Maybe you should write your local representative about your stellar idea.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2013, 03:34:41 am »
This article in the New Yorker on the Saudi Marathon Man makes some good points.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2013/04/the-saudi-marathon-man.html
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2013, 07:57:20 am »
From The New Yorker article: “If you want to know who we are, what America is, how we respond to evil—that’s it. Selflessly. Compassionately. Unafraid,” President Obama said. That was mostly true on Monday; a terrible day, when an eight-year-old boy was killed, his sister maimed, two others dead, and many more in critical condition. And yet, when there was so much to fear that we were so brave about, there was panic about a wounded man barely out of his teens who needed help. We get so close to all that Obama described. What’s missing? Is it humility?

Just sounds like profiling based on ethnicity or national origin.  It's not mysterious at all.  Human nature. There are reasons various members of any society profile this way, and obviously in this case it was useless, regrettable, waste of time, painful, objectionable. 

Don't see what this has to do with humility.  It often involves a lack of respect for the persons civil rights and due process.

So people (cops, cia, fbi, jouralists) who don't respect civil rights and due process in order to pursue their wish to profile.  Is it because of arrogance?  Ok, I can see that interpretation.  But humble pie isn't the remedy for these people.

They need to fucking intelligent enough to deal with INDIVIDUALS, not their preconceived ideas about others..   If they are fully convinced that "Saudis" are a threat to national security, well, so be it. But they need a brain that can hold CONTRADICTORY information in it, at the same time, that this particular saudi may well be an affable college student, not a terrorist.

Looking forward to the doc "The Central Park Five"   A lot of people were very well served by that catastrophe of profiling... Police, scared citizens, journalists.   Bunch of freaking imbeciles.

I feel the "fear of the other" is growing growing growing everywhere these days.

Obama's re-election could have been the opportunity for those who fear him, based on their profiling, to eat crow.  Well that didn't happen, did it.

Idiots double down, and get even more arrogant, if you wish.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 08:15:07 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2013, 08:03:38 pm »
Last night's National Anthem at Boston Bruins game..

It should be sung like this all the time.

Amazing!

Turn it up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbHMRpdk3_4
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2013, 10:38:21 pm »
Maybe you should write your local representative about your stellar idea.

There are no bad ideas in brainstorming.   ;)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2013, 02:26:06 am »
***BREAKING*** AP: Police converge on neighborhood outside Boston; reports of explosives being detonated

***BREAKING*** (Boston Globe) Bombing suspect in custody, another remains on the loose
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:29:16 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2013, 02:29:46 am »
Been following it since about 11:30 on reddit and

http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon

Local news and tweets/videos/facebook updates are totally scooping all the major news outlets.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2013, 02:45:00 am »
Yeah, I saw it a couple of hours ago but at that time it seemed like it might not be connected. Seems like a second guy might be in custody now.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:53:43 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2013, 03:15:10 am »
For all the fumbling and bumbling in the past, it might appear that reddit has really been on top of this situation. People have been filming the firefights (in portrait mode!) and linking to police scanners and local news coverage. I was just reading a post from a guy whose TV was shot out, and saw a photo of a bullet hole in a wall that pierces a calendar and a chair in front of a computer.

If it's not connected with the Marathon bombing, it's beyond coincidence. The suspects were, at one point, in a car chase throwing bombs outside the window at the police.

Its been like something out of an 80s action movie, only real people are dying.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2013, 03:18:46 am »
No, it's definitely connected. I wrote that two hours ago when I first read of things going on at MIT it didn't seem to be for sure if that was so.

Also, those two names being tossed around on line of the suspects that were taken from the police scanner seems to indicate one suspect is from Bryn Mawr, PA... 12 miles from me. *sigh* (the student that "disappeared" from Brown Univ. a month ago)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2013, 03:41:47 am »
Just saw a blog post titled Marathon bomber an Ivy Leaguer, radical leftist... expect more of this ::)

Oh, and it's Obama's fault.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2013, 03:44:27 am »
Latest news:

http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon

The family of Sunil Tripathi, the missing Brown student who Reddit believed was one of the suspects, has taken down the Facebook page dedicated to find him. Here is a cached version of it.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=help+us+find+sunil+tripathi&d=4800958371725771&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=nld1_cZ9TIaHOQiAMeSeWxqLMiqIiDje

He could be holed up in a Watertown home right now, in custody, or dead.

Somewhere, in my apartment, I still have my Andrew Cunanan WANTED poster from when the guy who killed Gianni Versace, among others, then fled to Atlanta.

I feel a bit ghoulish following this, but am fascinated at all the witnesses, their connection to the world via Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and the local stuff.

Welcome Thread

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2013, 05:20:55 am »
So I wake up with NBC News on air with a special report.  Where did you guys leave off?  I'm hearing one suspect has been killed and the second still at large.  So, they robbed a 7/11?  They took the one into custody, but he died at the hospital.  An the MIT officer was killed by the suspects.  They took someone hostage, but amazingly did not hurt that guy. 

Up to speed as of 5am?

Edit:  NBC reporting FBI saying neither suspect is the missing Brown student.  And, they weren't closing in on them.  Apparently, posting their pics publicly yesterday caused them to panic and actually do themselves in. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 05:37:01 am by tednlou2 »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2013, 06:03:24 am »
NBC's Lester Holt, Pete Williams and Michael Isikoff report that the bombing suspects have international ties and have been in the U.S. for at least a year.

linky

(I dozed off for an hour and much changed! There were rumors that one suspect died but it wasn't widely reported until the past 30 minutes or so)

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2013, 06:09:06 am »
NBC's Lester Holt, Pete Williams and Michael Isikoff report that the bombing suspects have international ties and have been in the U.S. for at least a year.

linky

I worried about a tie to Iran's govt.  That would not be good.  They are shutting down all mass transit.  I hope someone doesn't let their dog out or disobey orders to stay in.  This suspect would want to take someone hostage, if he's cornered.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2013, 08:57:18 am »
This guy took this photo during the explosions.  He posted it on Facebook the same day.  Over on the left, you can see the suspect in the white hat.  This sparked debate on social media whether this was real.  I think confirmed real.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200411483522036&set=a.1231720685525.159892.1604384014&type=3&theater&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2Fmobileweb%2F2013%2F04%2F19%2Fnew-photo-suspect-2-boston_n_3114088.html&_rdr

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2013, 09:36:21 am »
The latest is that the suspects are brothers and have lived in the US at least 10 years.  The older brother was killed.  The younger brother remains up for capture.  Concentration now in Watertown, MA.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/19/17817173-one-boston-marathon-suspect-killed-second-suspect-his-brother-on-loose-after-firefight?lite
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2013, 09:53:01 am »
ATTENTION  MITCHY!!

CNN report saying suspect could be in Connecticut. Grey Honda CRV possibly.

Stay inside and out of the garden.!!
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline mitch777

« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2013, 10:09:53 am »
ATTENTION  MITCHY!!

CNN report saying suspect could be in Connecticut. Grey Honda CRV possibly.

Stay inside and out of the garden.!!
Yikes!
Got my trusty pooch to protect me. :)

And heads up to you with exploding fertilizer plants!
Surprised nobody mentioned it yet.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2013, 10:35:50 am »
Dzokhar's best friend says he is a "sweet angel" and doesnt know how he could do this. Dzokhars previous wrestling coach says "sweet kid", no way could he ever do this.

When "angels" go bad.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2013, 10:53:19 am »
CNN just mentioned that police believe that Dzhokhar has a laptop and is sending out messages on social media threatening. Something else on line that I am following linked to this "new" twitter account that was set up in the last three hours. Seems it's what they're referring to, plus the police requested a Russian translator and at least one tweet is in Russian, the rest in English.

https://twitter.com/Dzhokhar_A

... and the only twitter account he is following is the Boston Police Department

There's another account "@Dzhokhar_" this is fake
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:00:57 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2013, 11:01:10 am »
Where is our russian to english translator?

ас всех убьем, как вы убили моего брата Тамерлана Царнаев # Watertown один убит, я думаю, один ранен,,,, иди к черту

equals=

ace all kill, you killed my brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev # Watertown one was killed, I think one was injured,,,, go to hell
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2013, 11:02:29 am »
Where is our russian to english translator?

ас всех убьем, как вы убили моего брата Тамерлана Царнаев # Watertown один убит, я думаю, один ранен,,,, иди к черту

ace all kill, you killed my brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev # Watertown one was killed, I think one was injured,,,, go to hell

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2013, 11:15:20 am »

Ha, someone responded "the last tweet of your life. enjoy hell"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:20:55 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2013, 11:23:37 am »
In other news, Kim and Kayne have only spent 26 of the past 111 days together

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2013, 11:30:57 am »
Oh, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School just like Matt Damon and Ben Afleck -- ANOTHER STRIKE AGAINST THE LIBERAL ELITE111!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2013, 11:48:13 am »
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:50:21 am by Dachshund »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2013, 11:56:39 am »
Fake accounts.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/these-are-not-the-twitter-accounts-of-the-boston-bombing-sus

I hope they track down to person who has the fake twitter account and prosacutes them for obstruction of justice .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2013, 12:21:38 pm »
In other news, Kim and Kayne have only spent 26 of the past 111 days together

Watching the media interview the uncle of these kids is like watching them interview a Kardashian.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2013, 12:27:15 pm »
CBS says he became a US citizen seven months ago. Guess we have to own him.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2013, 12:48:40 pm »

You can kiss immigration reform goodbye.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2013, 12:58:44 pm »
You can kiss immigration reform goodbye.

Yup.  May as well just flush it down the toilet.

Chile please. You know the utterly enlightened righties will continue to blame every Muslim in the world.

I'm surprised that none of y'all hoes has commented on that asshole from FOX News who made some comment about "killing them all".
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2013, 02:12:23 pm »

Chile please. You know the utterly enlightened righties will continue to blame every Muslim in the world.

Look at the bright side Rev, now they've learnt that not all Muslims are brown-skinned.

BTW, their uncle's interview seemed genuine to me.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/boston-bombing-suspects-uncle-were-ashamed-and-they-are-lose
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2013, 02:38:28 pm »
eww -- I just saw an alleged extremely graphic photo of the corpse of Tamerlan Tsarnaev. You won't be seeing that on CNN.

edit: TMZ says their sources say it's 100% authentic but won't link to it and I guess I shouldn't link to it here either, but I saved it to my hard drive 8)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2013, 03:04:41 pm »
Saw it. Shudder.

Welcome Thread

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2013, 03:40:58 pm »
eww -- I just saw an alleged extremely graphic photo of the corpse of Tamerlan Tsarnaev. You won't be seeing that on CNN.

edit: TMZ says their sources say it's 100% authentic but won't link to it and I guess I shouldn't link to it here either, but I saved it to my hard drive 8)

Sweeeeet
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2013, 04:47:53 pm »
Just saw the picture.  Thought he would be more mangled.  Looks like an FX movie prop.   Any word from the suspects' parents?
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2013, 04:58:07 pm »
FBI checking cars on ferry from New Haven, CT to Long Island, NY -- they must have that wrong as I'm fairly sure it runs from New London.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 05:00:23 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2013, 05:47:44 pm »
I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2013, 06:19:09 pm »

I *heart* Uncle Ruslan
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2013, 06:42:08 pm »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2013, 07:01:21 pm »
PS - F*ck this week.

She didn't even mention the super-awesome Elvis impersonator.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2013, 07:58:50 pm »
She didn't even mention the super-awesome Elvis impersonator.
yes she did. :)
really.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.