Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:23:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773300
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 628
Total: 630

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Travelling to Germany & HIV meds  (Read 5678 times)

Offline BalkanLad

Travelling to Germany & HIV meds
« on: March 05, 2024, 06:19:51 pm »
Hi everyone! Though I suppose this isn't the right place to ask, you're the main group of peeps I know so I thought you'd be the best to ask. I got offered a week-long student exchange in Germany in June (in reality my American professor signed me up without asking). Everything is paid for and it is a great opportunity, but it would mean travelling with strangers by plane, which means security checks, customs checking my bags and asking questions, questions I'm not sure how to answer, especially on the Balkan side of things, in front of my professor and everyone else. What's my strategy here if there even is one? I have time to tell her no, but I need to assess the options, the risks and the benefits. Any thoughts?
25 Dec 2023 | Started ART

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Travelling to Germany & HIV meds
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 06:51:03 pm »
security checks, customs checking my bags and asking questions, questions I'm not sure how to answer

You are overthinking this. Thank your professor and enjoy the week in Germany.

Keep your meds in your hand luggage in their original packaging, and bring a letter/note from your GP stating that the meds are for personal use and treatment of a manageable condition.

Even when my bags are selected for an additional search (rarely) it is not like they pull the meds out in front of everyone and shout "What is X drug for?" I travel to Germany at least once a year and never have had an issue, I also travel 3-4 times a year for decades to other places and it's never been an issue.

Just got back from Spain, and I had HIV meds, pain meds, blood pressure meds, and shit meds, in my bag, they don't care! The only time I ever got asked was in the US and that was my fault, long story and it wasn't done in front of everyone, I simply told them it was prescription medication and they looked and left it at that.

travelling with strangers by plane

I've never had strangers randomly going through my bag on the plane and if they did i think my concerns would not be about my meds.

;)

Relax and enjoy the trip. Drink a beer, have sex and get an STI.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 07:27:50 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline BalkanLad

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 07:17:39 am »
Go raibh maith agat, Jim! Not sure I'll take you up on the STI offer though, getting lice once and this is plenty😂
25 Dec 2023 | Started ART

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 07:58:11 am »
Though I suppose this isn't the right place to ask

That's okay. I moved it, happens all the time.

Go raibh maith agat, Jim! Not sure I'll take you up on the STI offer though, getting lice once and this is plenty😂

You're welcome. Enjoy and live a little. 
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Online Tonny2

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 09:54:00 pm »

ojo.        Hello there!…I also have traveled nice smash ass Jim, and I haven’t had any problems at all in any country that I have visited not even coming back to the US even though I always carry my little “ pharmacy” because I use a lot of medication even I carry an ice pad for the medication that I had to keep cold. When I went to Argentine custom officers wear more concerned about the back of M&Ms that I took down there, then my little. “ pharmacy,.” (my laptop suit case it’s when I carry all my medications, no laptop)… I wish Jim invited me to Spain. I could be his translator maybe next time… Go ahead to your trip to Germany, enjoy and don’t worry about your medication. Well, I don’t know how many valves or medications you carry, but as Jim said, get a prescription from your doctor. Here in the United States, usually or less, all my medication’s bottles have labels on them, so no need for a prescription.… Wishing you the best, please keep us posted and hugs

Ps.

Forgive my typos.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.