Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:31:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 231
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Another Benefit of Aging: Plump Cheeks :)  (Read 8413 times)

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
Another Benefit of Aging: Plump Cheeks :)
« on: October 12, 2017, 10:26:31 pm »
After experiencing facial wasting for years and getting injections such as Radiesse and Sculptra, I find after nearly 4 years since my last injection, my face is still filled out and plump where I guess aging has taken over the job as Plumper.

Given my natural facial features were slim and contoured with high cheekbones and I was always thin framed, I welcome the change and now reduced appearance anxiety.

Becoming a Freshman Senior continues to display its advantages.

Best To Everyone,

OT

:) ;) :D
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline mansbear

Re: Another Benefit of Aging: Plump Cheeks :)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 07:42:14 pm »
Hello OT!  Glad to hear about your satisfaction with your plump cheeks.  I know how the facial wasting makes you feel about yourself.  I have not had the good fortune to experience the same thing as you. 

I have been on meds for 28 years, and I have experienced loss of my cheeks.  As you can imagine, I have been so self conscious about it that I grew a beard just to cover it up.

Do you mind sharing your experience with the facial fillers with me?  Cost, what kind, affects, recuperation time.  I would really like to take the step, but the only thing I know about it is what I read online.  Anything helpful you can add.

Thanks in advance, and I hope things are going well for you!

Offline dasddas

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 08:07:31 am »
Is this still a problem with modern HIV Treatment for people who are starting out ?
Diagnosis 10-07-17
Diagnoses - HIV-2 - ADHD - PTSD
Medications: Trimeuq, Concerta, Naltrexone
CD4: 600 (9%), Viral Load: 578,000   10-07-17
CD4: Unknown,  Viral Load: 100         27-10-17

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 08:23:29 am »
No it is not, it was caused by the early meds that were very harsh and those are rarely used anymore.

And since I'm here my face has filled back in also  :)

I had severe facial wasting back in 2000 and numerous rounds of facial fillers.
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.