Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:11:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 652
Total: 652

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Optimum Probiotic Support  (Read 4043 times)

Offline Lorenzopier

• 36 Years Poz via HAART & Micronutrient Technology.
Optimum Probiotic Support
« on: January 21, 2023, 06:02:07 am »
Hi, I just thought I would like to share  my personal experience with the use of probiotics. Although I tend to use most of the entire spectrum of available nutaceuticals available in the public market,
I find that the use of of a pill based pobiotic to be probably the most essential  nutaceutical and at the same time the most challenging nutaceutical because the optimum dose of a probiotic is highly specific to each person's unique metabolic profile and chemistry. It usually takes a week or 2 for most people with a chronic medical condition to find what that optimum dosage level is. For most healthy adults they are able to get an adequate amount of probiotic just through a regular diet that also contains yogurt. For example I have found that my system requires about  60 Billion Organisms a day. The recommended dietary amount for organisms is 1 to 10 billion organisms or colony forming units per day as it is referred to on most yogurt labels. I have found that using 10 billion organisms a day to offer absolutely zero benefits for me. To try to reach 60 Billion organisms a day through the use of yogurt would require in the ball park range of 10 to 20 servings of yogurt a day, which for me is unfathomable. For anyone considering the use of a a nutriceutical based probiotic please make sure that you refer to a doctor to see if he recommends that you use this in nutriceutical form.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 06:25:31 am by Lorenzopier »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.