Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:36:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 192
Total: 192

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: which condoms are best...  (Read 7549 times)

Offline dingowarrior

which condoms are best...
« on: October 12, 2006, 06:20:20 pm »
can someone please educate me as to which condom is best for me an my wife to use?

should it have spermicide?

Is there one for HIV specifically?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: which condoms are best...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 06:53:38 pm »
Hi Dingo,

It's best to not use condoms with spermicide as spermicide may irritate your wife's tender bits. Check out the condom and lube links in my signature line. In the left hand column of either of those pages, there are additional links and some contain information your wife might find interesting.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Pete_P

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 04:20:04 am »
Hey dingo,
You may find trying a few different ones helpful......... try finding one that is comfortable for you .........i used to have real problems with them but eventually found one i was comfortable with and could get on with.... all condoms have to meet standards so no specific one will be better at stopping the transmission of HIV (as far as i am aware anyway)

best wishes

pete

Offline dingowarrior

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 11:31:54 am »
thanks Ann & Pete

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 07:28:11 pm »

I don't know which are best...   When I've used them it never really was for confort.   When I was a younger I was sold on them lifestyles super sensitive which was cool.    I can remember one time I bought a box and was breaking one every time I used them.   Here I thought, " Wow I must be really BIG"..  Think of my dismay when I learned that I had bought a box of expired condoms....  I still think I'm pretty big though, fuck the expiration date!!!!! >:(
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline dingowarrior

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 05:07:00 pm »

I don't know which are best...   When I've used them it never really was for confort.   When I was a younger I was sold on them lifestyles super sensitive which was cool.    I can remember one time I bought a box and was breaking one every time I used them.   Here I thought, " Wow I must be really BIG"..  Think of my dismay when I learned that I had bought a box of expired condoms....  I still think I'm pretty big though, fuck the expiration date!!!!! >:(

ALLLLRIGHTY THEN!!!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 03:00:40 am »
That is a good question....I tend to buy the XL's because I want the person to have room. Has had complaints in the past that the condom was cutting off their circulation. I did buy a box of Magnums one time and this guy slid me a look like he might not be able to fit it.... Hell, I don't have a penis, how am I to know about fit? Gonna have to check out Ann's condom link......Too bad they don't make one size fits all....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.