Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:08:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773496
  • Total Topics: 66375
  • Online Today: 408
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 336
Total: 338

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 4812 times)

Offline RobT

I'm back
« on: January 05, 2007, 06:54:26 am »
All-
I arrived back home in Seattle late Wednesday night, unfortunately I had to come back to work cuz I worked yesterday so I only got a little over 2 hrs of sleep yesterday. I managed to stay awake quite nicely. Well, back to the grind.

RobT
Current meds: Atripla
VL: undetectable
CD4: 630

Offline Nadine

Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 07:14:13 am »
Hello Rob,

Welcome back!  How was your visit with your bf?  Hope all went well!
You'll have to fill us in after you've gotten some rest.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 08:57:30 am »
Welcome back Rob...details.... We want details :P
Rest up first and then give us DETAILS :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 07:29:10 pm »
I'm sure you had a great time, welcome back...Got any pics to share?
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Teresa

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 10:50:30 pm »
WELCOME BACK!

Hope you had a wonderful time!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 11:43:53 pm »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 11:34:45 pm by Iggy »

Offline RobT

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 02:58:09 pm »
I guess that I missed a bunch while I was away. I had a gr8 time, but Mike and I got in a few arguments along the way (we always do). It is usually the same outcome, we both go in2 silence while I tear up.
We both got in2 our 1st argument, again about how I became infected. Mind u that I have been + for about 2 yrs. He has never asked me about it before. He has kept up the believe that I got infected after I left the military, but the only person that I slept around w/ ,besides him, has tested neg and continues to test neg. Mike is neg as well, so it cannot have happened after I left the military. He still did not grasp that concept.
I told him what happened, when I got my intial diagnosis. He knows the story. There is a dark patch that I care not to mention and we always argue about it. I shud have "known" better and it pains me that I did not put that knowledge in2 practice. I made a stupid mistake. Mike always asks me to go in2 details about this dark patch in my history and I do not want to discuss it w/ any1. Mike then becomes all "preachy" about it and that is not what I want to hear.
We had at the most 3 arguments. I really h8 getting in2 arguments w/ him. We both said that there r some issues that we need to discuss and both agreed that we shud see a counsillor.
Other than that, I had a fabulous time. We stayed in and slept a lot. Just being around him makes me feel so much better. I sleep more soundly. I also ate a lot more than usual.
Our place is nearby an ASDA (24 hr grocery store owned by WalMart) and a Lidls (International grocery store), so we bought a ton of food. Mike claimed that I ate a lot, which was his justification of buying so much food. He even bought me Soy milk because I had so many stomach problems in the past that I rel8d to dairy products. I am not lactose intolerant, he claimed otherwise. I had stomach problems previously but that was b4 I even got tested for this dreaded bug. I have not had any stomach or health rel8d problems since.
It was sweet of him to assume that I was lactose intolerant. I asked if he knew any1 who was and his response was no. I just do not want all that stuff that he bought for me to go to waste.
W/ all the stuff he purchased, we ate incredibly well. I went out w/ him and his friends to eat my 1st night there. We did not go out to eat much other than that.
His stepmother came a few days after I arrived. His stepmother is battling skin cancer, but if u actually look @ her it is hard to notice. She is so upbeat despite her condition. She came w/ a couple of her friends and they stayed in the poshest of all places. Mike and I felt so out of place when we visited them, knowing that we cud never live like that.
All in all, I had a gr8 vacation. We stayed in for Xmas and New Yrs. It was the best Xmas and New Yrs that I have had in awhile. It was made even more special that I got to spend it w/ the 1 I love.
Both of us went out clubbing for Boxing Day (day after Xmas). It was fun, but it felt so dead because both of us have been out of the clubbing scene for awhile. After that evening, we both were happy that we r not involved in that scene any longer.
On New Yrs Eve, we both went to a nearby gym that he has a membership to. I was able to get in w/ 1 of his complimentary passes. That evening, we went down to the London Eye to watch the fireworks. It was a mess getting down there w/ all the ppl going out to celebrate the New Yr. Coming back home packed inside a train full of drunks was not our  plan of that evening. I enjoyed the fireworks. We slept in til 1pm the next day. We were able to finish my visa paperwork while we w8d for the TV repairman to show up to fix his set. All I need to do is get a passport photo and mail the paperwork to the British Embassy in LA.
I felt a little saddened cuz my time was running short. Unfortunately it came to an end and I had to leave. For my last couple of days, I cried because I knew that I had to leave. It is sad that good things have to come to an end.
Sorry to bore u all w/ details, but some1 said that they wanted them. I did take some pictures, not as much as I thought that I wud. My digital camera has been on the fritz for the duration of the trip and I shud have brought my 35mm camera...yes I still have 1 of those.
I need to find my USB hub and my USB cable to post my pictures. I will find those and post my pictures as soon as those r found.

RobT
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 05:11:52 pm by RobT »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 05:29:25 pm »
Despite the arguments, it seems like you had a good time. It is always sad to leave the one you love but I know you made some great memories. I can't wait to see the pics.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline RobT

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 01:38:05 am »
Queen-
Despite our arguments, Mike and I both had a fabulous time. Spending the holidays w/ him made it even more special. I was in tears cuz I was so happy. I basically cry whenever I am either sad or happy. During the holidays, I cried happy tears. A few days b4 I left, I cried cuz I was so saddened. I even cried more when we were both at the airport saying our goodbyes. I am never good at goodbyes, so I said that I wud see him l8r, making it a little easier on me. We have xchanged so many calls since we both parted.
Now I need to find time to mail my visa paperwork to the British Embassy so I can have that put it to begin my immigration process. I h8 to even think on how long it will take to complt. I guess no 1 can really rush bureaucracy.

RobT

Offline Longislander

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 01:42:55 am »
Hey Rob, welcome back. Glad to hear you had a good time with your guy. NOW GET YOUR ASS TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER/POST OFFICE!! ;D
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 05:42:29 am »
Hey RobT.  Thanks for going into all the details so that we could more or less share your holiday with the two of you.  As for the arguments, they are to be expected as the two of you move closer and closer, or at least I have found this to be true.  The first, remember, was an area he hadn't gotten into: 'He has never asked me about it before.' The second was your 'dark patch,' about which you already knew that: 'Mike then becomes all "preachy" about it and that is not what I want to hear.'  Well, see if you can hear him out because I would bet that the two of you keep having it until you both are satisfied. :)  So let's get you over that aspect and back to why you are going to push things along as fast as you can with immigration. Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 03:12:14 am »

Hey Robt,

Welcome back!

"What can I notice right now that makes me smile?"

Offline RobT

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 10:47:05 pm »
I am not wanting to hear him preach about my dark patch in history. I still feel awlful about it. He asked me when I initially got the result. I told him that it had to happen between when I met him and when I left the military. Who knows, I probably was + even b4 I left. Too bad that I found out my status after I left or else I wud have the government paying for my care.
I told him about what happened. Needless to say, I made a grave mistake that I feel awlful about. I still do.
We both agreed on seing a counsillor to resolve this. Hearing both him and I agreeing on that means a lot to me that both of us r willing to take time to resolve this.
Despite our arguments, he loves me. For that I am thankful. He understands the importance of taking my meds on time. He was reminding me about it constantly, even when we went out clubbing.
I am quite the perfectionist and I do not fee that I am 'picture redy' enough to get my passport picture ready so I can send off to the UK immigration office.
I need to also dig in my storage for my USB cableing so I can post my pics.

RobT

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.