Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:09:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 346
Total: 347

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Happy AIDSiversary to Me!  (Read 8006 times)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Happy AIDSiversary to Me!
« on: December 17, 2012, 01:28:04 pm »
Um....yay?   Yippee?  Meh.

It just occured to me that I just had mine the other day - Saturday the 15th, 2004 was the "official" date, as in the day I got the Western Blot absolute yup fur shur that I had the High Five.

I'm only posting this now in hopes that some of the people on here who are totally beyond freaked about "OMG!  Meds every day FOREVER!" and "Will I suffer god awful side effects?" or "Will I be outcast from all of society?" and on and on will take note that the Big Date passed two days ago, and I just now had my "Oh, yeah" moment.

*This is NOT to say that AIDS is "no big deal" or that there is in any way any thing such as AIDS Lite TM.*

What it IS meant to say is that if you just treat it and yourself with the respect both deserve, it is possible - indeed, most likely - that life can go on with some degree of normalcy and even quite a bit of happiness.

Because of the courage and efforts of those before, we have that blessing.  And the best way to show your respect and admiration to those who worked so hard for you and braved so much is to simply....live.  Live and live fully.

So yeah.  Um...I guess that's all.

*Insert congrats or any other superfluous flattery below.  All ego inflation welcomed.*
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline zach

Re: Happy AIDSiversary to Me!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:43:33 pm »
hey congrats tim! a milestone and accomplishment to be proud of. happy birthday! all ego inflating is wholely deserved and not a bit superfluous (but that .25 word just rolls off the tongue so sweetly don't it)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 01:50:44 pm »
(but that .25 word just rolls off the tongue so sweetly don't it)

Yes, it does!

(Send me a line when you can - here or email - and lemme know how you're doing sometime.)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 02:25:18 pm »
Happy Aids-O-Versary Tim . Its times like this I see the irony of how a not so wonderful condition can bring such wonderful people into your life . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:29:50 pm »
congrats! ;D

I just passed the 27yr  anniversary of when I was infected and am getting ready to celebrate my 20 yr AIDSaversary coming up the day after X-mas. And I sure do celebrate these days. Although some of them were days of terrible news, none of them were the death of me. Just like you said to live fully, I strive to do that so that these anniversaries are a reason to rejoice in still being alive - especially when so many of my friends and my 2 partners are gone. My next anniversary to celebrate coincides with my bday in march. on that day I can celebrate having NOT gone back into the hospital in 15 yrs.

Congrats again. ;) Although it may seem to be kinda odd to celebrate an AIDSaversary, I don't think there's ever such as a thing as a bad reason to celebrate being ALIVE! :D Here's to many more AIDSaverseries for you Tim! :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 03:02:55 pm »
Its times like this I see the irony of how a not so wonderful condition can bring such wonderful people into your life .

^Case in point with you!

Although it may seem to be kinda odd to celebrate an AIDSaversary, I don't think there's ever such as a thing as a bad reason to celebrate being ALIVE! :D Here's to many more AIDSaverseries for you Tim! :-*

And that's the thing...once you've been with it awhile, you see that it really isn't odd at all.  It's sort of like the AMG thing.  Even though it has a memorial service as its cornerstone event, it is still ultimately a celebration of life.

And thank you.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 03:14:44 pm »
Congrats on the milestone!!!!  I guess one positive about this damn virus is the life long friends we've acquired. 

Live longer and prosper my friend.

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 04:01:01 pm »
Congrats on the new AIDSaversary, Tim.

Good points and observations, especially for anyone who may be afraid or depressed due to a recent diagnosis. Life does go on, both the good and the bad.

Continue enjoying life, my dear.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 04:40:30 pm »
Just wait until your 10th anniversary. You get a toaster, a bag of coke and a male stripper.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 04:45:14 pm »
You've come a long way from your days stripping at the Kit-Kat Klub. Love you from the heart of my bottom.

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 06:09:21 pm »
Hey Tim;  Happy AIDSaversary! 

I am one of those new here that was really freaked out, and is much less so now in large part to this community - so thank you.  This includes the respect and gratitude of those before - I think about how blessed I am at this time.

Just think about what the anniversary gifts will be 10 years from now...hopefully not just a male stripper that is 10 years older.

JM

03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD
??/??/2017 Descov & Tivicay
2017 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850
2018 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850

Offline buginme2

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 07:01:45 pm »
Um....yay?   Yippee?  Meh.

AIDS Lite TM.*

:D

Kudos
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 08:04:35 pm »
Congrats. on the anniversary.   Hope there's many more to follow.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline Growler

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 08:41:13 pm »

HERPES AIDS

;)
G
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 09:36:17 pm »
LOL @ Growler^

Happy Aidsaversary Thunter  ;) Wishing you many many more.

I've lost track of my Aidsaversary, Im not even sure if its 4 or 5 years now  :-\

-WIll

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 10:26:53 pm »
LOL @ Growler^

Happy Aidsaversary Thunter  ;) Wishing you many many more.

I've lost track of my Aidsaversary, Im not even sure if its 4 or 5 years now  :-\

-WIll

Losing track of your aidsaversary is a terrible thing , the only way to tell how long you had it now is to cut your dick off and count the rings , so tell me Willy , do you remember the date now ? I bet ya do .  ;)   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 11:47:19 pm »
Losing track of your aidsaversary is a terrible thing , the only way to tell how long you had it now is to cut your dick off and count the rings , so tell me Willy , do you remember the date now ? I bet ya do .  ;)

Oct 29th. 2008. 3:12am
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 12:09:18 am »
Oct 29th. 2008. 3:12am

How precise of you  :).  Cheap hookup with a pozzie top twink after a night of line dancing at the Queen's Rodeo? 
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 12:18:29 am »
How precise of you  :).  Cheap hookup with a pozzie top twink after a night of line dancing at the Queen's Rodeo?

Oh, you've heard the account of that evening before? ;)

Throw in an 8-ball and a case of Miller Lite and you pretty much are spot on
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:21:06 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 12:49:27 am »
Hey Tim,

I'm happy for your milestone and here's to many, many more.

I've got two more years, when I hit 60, where I will have been poz for half of my life.  Hell, I can't even remember what it was like to be neg.  Hoping you reach the same milestone as well.

Joe

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 01:01:02 am »
Hi thunter, Many congrats on reaching this milestone!  :)

It isn't a superfluous flattery though, it's well-earned, I think.

Cheers
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline mitch777

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 07:48:01 am »
congrats on your aidsversary!

don't expect the presents to improve with future aidsversaries.
on my 30th (2 months ago), the generous people here suggested a lapel pin, a membership card, and the proverbial toaster (deluxe model).
  :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline skycee

• oh you are having a bad day? Did you die?
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 12:19:30 pm »
Congratulations, Thunder, keep counting.

Live long and be happy.
Infected September's 2012
Seroconverted October 2012
Elisa test- indeterminate 20th November. 2012
Rapid test - Negative 23th November 2012
Elisa test - Positive 10th December 2012
CD4 - 546, 12th Dec 2012
CD4 600+, VL 6702 26th March 2013

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 01:12:12 pm »
don't expect the presents to improve with future aidsversaries.
on my 30th (2 months ago), the generous people here suggested a lapel pin, a membership card, and the proverbial toaster (deluxe model).
  :)

I've long since given up on the promises from this lot.  My post count supposedly entitled me to a ruby studded butt plug ages ago that has yet to arrive.   >:(
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 01:29:35 pm »

I've long since given up on the promises from this lot.  My post count supposedly entitled me to a ruby studded butt plug ages ago that has yet to arrive.   >:(

Maybe you need a bigger mail box .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 01:39:01 pm »

Philicia hax0r3d into your account and had it send to her address instead.  She had broken the previous one by using too often.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 01:45:29 pm »
That's a federal crime ... I sure would hate to see Miss P doing time on the ruby dildo rap . We should have a Christmas dildo drive to make sure Miss P gets her sex toys and avoids prison time , kind of like dialing for dildos or sumthin .       
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 02:55:17 pm »
You've come a long way from your days stripping at the Kit-Kat Klub. Love you from the heart of my bottom.

Funny, that's the actual name of the club I used to work at. :o
YPT, I love you.  Many more 'versarries to come.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mitch777

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 03:01:46 pm »
That's a federal crime ... I sure would hate to see Miss P doing time on the ruby dildo rap . We should have a Christmas dildo drive to make sure Miss P gets her sex toys and avoids prison time , kind of like dialing for dildos or sumthin .     

hmmm....
i can picture her talking to the warden about the badly needed improvements of the prison menu.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 08:56:36 pm »
Congrats on the anniversary.  As earlier stated we celebrate the years we survive and not the years infected per se. 

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 11:59:44 am »
Hey Tim,

Celebrating life is always important! Congratulations on your anniversary.

I will drink a toast to you in the hopes of your having many, many more, just like we did in Seattle!  8)

BIG HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Jody

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 12:54:54 pm »
Congrats Tim and hope for many more to come. :)

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline David_CA

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 03:59:01 pm »
It really does seem to go by quickly!  Happy anniversary!
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.