Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:26:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 628
Total: 628

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Charlie and PRO140  (Read 2916 times)

Offline FrederickWright

Charlie and PRO140
« on: November 02, 2016, 01:12:25 pm »
Dear Editor of POZ.Com
Re: In Response to, Mr Sheen position within CytoDyn Pro140

I Praise Jesus the King for this great news in the advancement of treatment and science.  My name is Frederick Wright and I worked for The AIDS Institute in Washington D.C as the Global AIDS Coordinator some years back, where The AIDS Institute supported CytoDyn in their efforts to help promote this new science of the future.  David Miller one of the board members brought this group to the table, where Dr. Gene Copello wisely took this new concept into our policy works at the time, for Dr. Gene Copello was a champion for Hope in his faith works and leadership as an AIDS Activist.  Biotech Companies like Gilead and CytoDyn are important to the advance of new science, we knew that at the time, some 10 years ago, for if there is not competition in the market place for new advance science, then groups like the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, PhRMA in the monopoly of their hold on AIDS drugs would not advance, for they want to keep our Billions  of dollars in the pill market place, for they need to keep us HIV alive, not necessary heathy, but alive, to keep the money flowing, along with the many groups feeding off AIDS dollars and can blind new concepts I have learned.
 Cytodyn has challenged this monopoly or cartel to move forward in new treatments or lose their market share of HIV treatment, if this science becomes fruitful.  I am surprised that PhRMA has not crushed CytoDyn or tried to buy them out to self this new treatment process and keep their Billions of dollars’ worth of pills going forth.  It is not a surprise that PhRMA groups are jumping on the band wagon of Cytodyn works now and trying to get ahead to steal this research and play the good, good group, which only cares about the consumer in improving HIV treatment.
Thank you Charlie for bringing the media forth of new concepts like PRO140, for this is great news in the advancement of treatment and science for this HIV person and truly God’s Grace is upon you and hope you understand.  I am Hopeful that HIV people will get their heads out of the sand and demand a cure and treatments that does not kill one’s mind, kidney and liver in the process of this Billions of dollars’ worth of business to treat HIV people.   I like to add, shame on the FDA and NIH for not taking this science into an Emergency Mode of research like the bird flu scheme and Zika scheme to help Cytodyn for the 40,000 million people living with HIV in our World, for truly, if there was passion for the Cure like the passion of the leadership of CytoDyn  to survival after years and years of hurdles from our global government leaders and not all the award luncheons and golf games to butter up our government scientist by the monopoly of PhRMA to keep the quid pro quo  of D.C and beyond moving into big pockets of greed, then PRO140 would be on the market today for all.  Shame on the HIV professional groups, brain washed doctors and nurses that pander to the pill mills of PhRMA and do not practice diversity of an open mind for better HIV treatment options and healthier science, for one scientist stated 30 years ago “ If we find a cure for HIV, then we will also find a Cure for Cancer”.  Stand Up HIV people and demand your cure for many.  I believe.

Sincerely,

Frederick Wright

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: Charlie and PRO140
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 03:24:18 pm »
Hyperbole aside, these links provide information and where things now stand with CytoDyn PRO140, which is currently in Phase Three Clinical Trial, with results of the Phase Three expected in early 2017:

What PRO-140 is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRO_140

Press Release on Application to FDA:
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/07/21/857824/0/en/CytoDyn-Submits-Orphan-Drug-Application-to-FDA-for-Pretreatment-With-PRO-140-of-Treatment-Na%C3%AFve-HIV-Patients.html

Company Announcement of Phase Three Trial:
http://www.cytodyn.com/media/press-releases/detail/210/cytodyn-initiates-first-clinical-site-for-phase-3-trial-of

If approved, the drug has the potential to replace daily antretoviral pill usage with a once a week self-injection of PRO-140 for some adults with HIV infection.

Yes, it is important to take action to continue research into advance treatment of the HIV and to continue to make this a research priority until a "functional" or "sterilizing" cure is found.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 03:37:05 pm »
@FrederickWright

You should not be posting here as this forum is for people living with HIV and as such you have been banned from posting.

This is not a soapbox for you and to be honest God has nothing to do with it and there is no room here for your tin-hat conspiracy theories.  In short go away and instead do something else perhaps something useful with your life.

Jim 

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:44:24 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
  • President, Smart + Strong
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 03:48:48 pm »
Here's a recap of all the POZ and AIDSmeds coverage of PRO 140. It goes back to Tim Horn's initial coverage in 2007.

https://www.poz.com/tag/pro-140
POZ.com | HepMag.com | CancerHealth.com | RealHealthMag.com | TuSaludMag.com | SaneMag.com

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 10:18:41 am »
@FrederickWright

Dear Mr.Wright,

I have reviewed your post again and apologize if saying you were not HIV positive caused offence or was inaccurate.

Under this review however the ban will remain in place following your posting.

Whilst I firmly believe in free speech, there are some limits to the content and manner. Starting threads or posting comments that are designed to provoke an angry response - a practice known as flame-baiting is not accepted manner of interacting here.

It is also not a soapbox for the members and however passionate your posting, I ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

As this was simply not the case my ban remains in place. This is a support forum for all members and even in this section the rules apply for all participants.

Additionally I have had comments from other members regarding how this type of posting impacts them in a space that should promote healthy discussion however be safe for them. Now we do not remove posts and as such I have left your post and the responses to your post as they are.

Out of fairness to you the topic has been locked as it would be unfair to have further replies to this from other members without the possibility for you to reply here.

Kind regards

James Allen
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 11:13:22 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.