Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:49:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773299
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 624
Total: 624

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Virtual hug  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Tonny2

Virtual hug
« on: December 18, 2023, 07:42:29 pm »

ojo.         Hello everyone!… feeling down a virtual hawk would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Virtual hug
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 04:17:41 am »
Sorry to hear you are feeling down and I am sending you a hug. If there is something you want to talk about, let us know.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 05:48:28 am »
Sending one (virtual hug) back at you! Hoping your spirits will be raised soon!
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 01:59:31 pm »

ojo.           @ Jim Dublin and @numberguy82, thanks for your virtual hug I really appreciate you guys taking the time to reply. Sometimes I feel frustrated due to my blindness and if you have read my thread you may know that my mother has been fighting with me this virus since my diagnosis 29 years ago, she was 60 years old now, she is 89. So, sometimes I feel frustrated because and supposed to be taking care of her and he becomes difficult to do to my blindness… right now I’m feeling OK, thanks for reading me and your kindness. I’ve taken the time to send me a mutual hug. Any recommendation would be appreciated…hugs

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 04:18:46 pm »
Any recommendation would be appreciated…hugs

Yeah, don't be too harsh on yourself. It's not your fault, there is no blame and you are a fantastic son and brother trying to care for them whilst coping with your own challenges in life. Hugs.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 05:54:07 pm »

Ojo.          @jimdublin, thank you very much for replying, Jim. I think that we might move down to Texas with one of my brothers so he can help me with my mom. Right now is getting difficult because my vision has gotten worse and definitely his time to ask for help… hey thank you again you are the best…hugs

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2023, 11:04:00 am »
my mother has been fighting with me this virus since my diagnosis 29 years ago, she was 60 years old now, she is 89. So, sometimes I feel frustrated because and supposed to be taking care of her and he becomes difficult to do to my blindness
ugh. you know we did this to ourselves. LOL Yep. All those years of trying not to die, all those meds, all these health issues. It's all because we wanted to live. Now we're paying the price....we've gotten old. :D

Oh, not that I don't get that it's a hassle. While I don't have your health issues (but I foreseen terrible joint issues in my not too-distant future), and my mom is just 80 (but has hearing and vision issues worsening), we're already having our share of dealing with life as older parents and older children. Lucky for us, I've helped my mom through dealing with my grandmother living to an advanced age, so we've worked through how to work together on dealing with health care and other issues.

So I guess that leads to my suggestion. Talk to your mom. Lay it out like it is. You want to do whatever you can to help her out even though you feel bad that she often has to help you out. The upside to the whole mess though is that, no matter the situation, you both still do have each other.

I think back sometimes to losing my first partner Randy. We knew he was dying. For a whole year and a half we knew what was coming and nothing was going to stop it. Oh, it was a struggle for me to keep a happy face trying to make those 18 months good for him. (thank god I had a courier job back then so I had plenty of time to cry by myself in my car so I could put that smile on back home). Looking back now, it's easy for me to think about how horrible and hard those times really were. Hell, I was dying of AIDS too at that time just not as far along and not very sick. But you know what? Knowing what I know, I'd go through all that again, exactly how it was, because we still both had each other.

I felt that way when my second partner passed away. I felt that way when my grandmother passed away. I'd take all troubles again for the time we had. I can already see that happening with me and my mom in the future.

That sort of situation is happening with you right now. You and your mom, each with your own health issues and getting older, are taking care of one another....and that's a beautiful thing. Of course, it's not a perfect situation, but life is rarely if ever perfect. But I bet if we asked your mom, and if you check inside of yourself, both of you would rather muddle through the path of life y'all are on than already be missing one of you.

Sometimes after you've made lemonade with the lemons life gave you, you have to just relax and enjoy the drink you worked to make. If you're going to take the time to worry, take time to make sure you appreciate the good stuff too. Cheers!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2023, 03:38:31 pm »

ojo.            @ Leatherman., thanks for taking the time and riding to me. my mother knows about how I feel, I think she’s stronger than me. Sometimes he even tells me that she forgets that I’m blind well, low vision because she sees me normal I even walk my dogs around the block what She doesn’t know that the other way around, my dogs walk me around the block. Lol. Thanks for the suggest and once in a while I feel frustrated and now I want to share with you guys. Life goes on. Thanks again. ..hugs

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.