Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:22:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 300
Total: 301

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Do any of you remember me? (jkinatl, oltimefiddler,dingoboi?  (Read 4898 times)

Offline scaredreallyscared

Do any of you remember me? (jkinatl, oltimefiddler,dingoboi?
« on: September 24, 2006, 12:26:51 am »
hey y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hope all of you are doing great as always, not only because you are all great people but because you are the best persons in this whole world!  Hope you remember me....I joined the forum in Feb 2005, and had all of you reading my post for about 5 months.  You gave me enormous support 24/7 and I am now back to give support to others.  (I was in spain all by myself with no friends and in a city i had never bee to before.  This is where all my freaking out happened...)  So many people come to the forum so I don't expect you guys to remember me, but since I got my negative test result a long time ago, I left the forum for a while (a BIG while I must say) and always had you in my mind.  JK, how are the ferrets??!  Where is O'timefiddler? I haven't seen him post at all!  I couldn't go on without coming back and deeply thanking you guys.  I am coming back to help people just like you helped me, I feel like it's something I have to do...
Hope to hear from you (even if you don't remember me!).
Tons of hugs and kisses for you all, my fellas...I always have you in my mind.
Your always friend,
ScaredReallyScared (not anymore!)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Do any of you remember me? (jkinatl, oltimefiddler,dingoboi?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 01:30:14 am »
Hi there

As you said many have come and gone from the old "fears" forum..but your name does ring a bell...sorry my memory is not as good as it once was... :D

I think it's great that you want to come back and help those in the new "Am I infected" forum..you have been there, done that as they say, so I'm sure you will be able to calm the fears and advise the many who visit that forum.

I'm glad to hear that "scaredreallyscared" is not so scared anymore.

Hugs
Jan :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 06:01:47 am »
scared,

I remember you and I hate to burst your bubble, but we don't encourage former worried wells to come back and give advice. I've seen it happen time and time again where those who do only start questioning their status again and start the downward spiral back into worried well hell.

Also, just because you used this board in the past does not mean that you are totally up to speed on hiv transmission and testing issues. We don't really have the time to train you and follow you around the forum to make sure that your answers are accurate.

And there is no way your advice is going to be taken seriously by anyone with that screen name you've chosen. The fact that you chose that name at all tells me that perhaps you're not completely over your hiv anxieties. After all, you could have chosen any name and let us know your previous name in your post.

If you really want to help out, I suggest you go to your local AIDS Service Organisation and get involved in volunteer activities there. We do appreciate your concern - but you need to find the appropriate venue to act on that concern.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Re: 1 week positive
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 10:41:32 pm »
Way to go BKNYLivin!  This is the kind of attitude that I want to see in you.  I am so happy you understand that being poz doesn't mean death.  It's just the start of something new, and beautiful and lovely things are still yet to come for you.
I would love to give you a big bear hug and I send you one all the way from here.  So remember, chin up, hang in there and stay strong.  We will always be here for you, anytime and everyday.  Good luck with the doc and remember to keep us posted.  I'll be thinking of you and waiting for any update/question/comment you want to post.
Live strong and remember to smile my friend.
xoxo

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: 1 week positive
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 11:02:12 pm »
Scared,

This forum is for HIV positive people only. You shouldn't be posting here.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 08:35:25 am »
Scared,

I removed your post from the "I Just Tested Poz" forum and placed it here in your own thread. As I told you the other day, you are not in any position to be giving advice on this forum and besides, as someone who is not living with hiv yourself or the close friend or family of someone living with, you should NOT be posting in any forum other than "Off Topic" or "Am I Infected". Please read through the Welcome Thread in the Am I forum and take heed of the posting guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 08:13:03 pm »
Hello Ann, hope you are doing great tonite.
I don't think you remember me, and I don't remember you.  Anyways, time flies and we don't remember everything all the time, that's probably why I don't remember you.
I am NOT here to give scientific evidence of studies, i am here to help others who fear they might have contracted the virus from.....for example.....kissing somone on the cheek.  Don't we see many of these questions in the fear's forum??  I believe it's  pretty clear in your own Lessons Section that is NOT a way of contracting the virus.  I don't think you have to follow me around the forum to see if I have given accurate info.  I have enough brains, emotional stability and knowledge, and I have learned my lesson that this is no way of contracting the virus.  Anyways, my case was worse and I don't want to start on that.
Believe me, I wont even dare to think that I might have gotten my negative results wrong.  I am very clear on that and nothing and no one will change my mind, so I won't even start thinking or getting paranoid after going thru PEP for a whole terrible month. 
That said, how do you know I don't have a familiy member who is not poz and I don't want to post that on the Living with yet?  How do you know if I NOT am ready to ask something on that same forum about a family member?  How do you know if I was reading thru and wanted to get informed on something, and I felt BKNY had a similar case I know of?
But okay, okay, if I don't post about a family member straight forward in that forum, then i guess i can't post in there.  I got it right, right?  Already read the Welcome section.
Ok.  I won't post then.  What about the "Am I Infected"  Can I post there??  Already read the Welcome section, but just making sure with you I got it right.
Thx,
ScaredREallyScared
ps:  Oh! by the way, I signed up again with my old username, so Other members that DO remember me could recognize me and remember my old thread. (and I have already pm'ed them and given them a Link to read my old thread to  refresh their memory.  I consider them my friends)  ScaredReallyScared?? Belive me, I am NOT scared at all...Trust me.  Do I need to explain myself some more?
Have a great night Ann.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 08:23:17 pm »
Scared,

Obviously I don't speak for Ann but I agree with what she's told you. I too am regularly answer questions in the Am I Infected? forum and frankly I don't think you have the credibility or the standing to offer any real assistance to the worried people who seek our expert advice. We've got enough to do there, without cleaning up any extra messes that you might make in your misguided though well intentioned way.

Leave that to us love, we know what we're doing.

Really, if you want to do something in the fight against AIDS, do as Ann suggested - find a local community based organisation in your area and see if you can help them out. It's warm bodies in the front line that are needed.

As for not posting in positive only forums, well I don't buy this:

That said, how do you know I don't have a familiy member who is not poz and I don't want to post that on the Living with yet?  How do you know if I NOT am ready to ask something on that same forum about a family member?  How do you know if I was reading thru and wanted to get informed on something, and I felt BKNY had a similar case I know of?

for a minute. Believe me doll, we HIVers know these things. More to the point you shouldn't be referring to particular HIV positive people (as you've done in the section I've quoted above) to bolster your "case". It's tasteless and it's called trawling. HIV positive people aren't here to make you feel better about yourself.

Seriously, move on.

MtD

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 12:16:57 am »
Ok then, don't buy it.  I'm not even going to show you evidence of what I am telling you since you think I am the type of person that would lie here about something so serious and important in their lives.  I know how serious it is, now more than ever...
As for giving misguided info......well......most of the questions people make in the "am I infected" forum are very well answered in the Lesson's section here.  Right?  So I don't think your adivice is different than the one given in the Lesson's section.  Just to let you know, I wouldn't post on someone elses' thread before an expert gives any kind of advice and there has been an exchange of opinions between experts.  I have never done that in this forum, since I know I am not an expert and can't give any advice.  Read my posts back in 2005, please.  All I can do is repeat (like you experts have to do for about 30 million times to new WW"s.  i.e: get tested after 13 weeks for a conclusive test result, IF that is the advice an expert has given in the first place)  I have seem many WW's help each other, and old WW's coming back to tell over and over again to follow the experts advice, and no one has been kicke in the butt like your are doing to me.  And by the way, like Andy says:  Not even experts can give a diagnosis over the internet...so...I know that I am in NO position of giving advice to ww's...all I can give is support.  I have that very clear.
What's wrong with you matty?
Unfortunately, here in South America we have poverty, extreme poverty, and there is no money for HIV organizations.  I do not have the contacts, friends or money to start one, and all i can do is get information (which I really need right now) and knowledge (which I also need) through here and helping people around me providing the information YOU give us. 
You think that giving words of support to bkny is only for making ME feel better?  C'MON!  What type of person do you think I AM?  Obviously you don't know me.  Just FYI, I have enought friends and family around me to make me feel good, all the time.  And they do.
Thanks matty.  This forum is not what it used to be.  I've never had these type of "obstacles"  for being supportive.  Bloodyhell!
Have a good night matty!  ;)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 07:49:26 am »
scared,

We USED to allow more involvement from people who first came to us with an hiv worry. We don't encourage that anymore because it causes too many problems. The Am I Infected forum of today isn't the free-for-all it used to be. By the way, I do remember you and I have re-read your threads in the old forum. 

I would like to repeat my advice to you to find a local organisation you can help. There are quite a few organisations in South America - you can find them by searching the aidsmap.com world-wide organisations database. Failing that, you can always go post at The Body. They let anyone post over there.

Ann
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 04:28:22 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 09:26:32 am »
Scared, you may not like or agree with the policy that formerly worried are not supposed to post in HIV positive sections.

Excepting for those who maybe HIV negative but have a mate or someone close with whom they are dealing with living with HIV issues, these sections are off limits.

That is our policy so please respect it.
Andy Velez

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 02:53:32 pm »
Thank you Ann for the link, but I I also would have appreciated you left my location "uncovered", which is hidden in my profile for my own privacy.
THank you Andy for clearing up the policies for me.  I'll see where I can go locally to help others.
Thxs.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 04:29:50 pm »
scared,

I edited my post to make your location more general. Sorry, it was an oversight on my part.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.